Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? (73954 Views)

Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
no..commonwealth of dominica..different from dominican republic but close
okay. that country their women has big butts and brown skins grin

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2020
Potatochips:

Bro, I miss akara most. But you could easily get the others from an African shop in your city. Depends though
bf i came here someone told the last african shop here packed up because of lack of patronage.the food store was owned by a nigerian but nobody was patronising him so he ran at loss.but now with the way nigerians and other africans are here i guess if he opened the food store again he will get lots of customers.there lots of chinkos here though selling their wares.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by deavicky(m): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
Illusioneffect:

how can a whole country be tiled?
my bro he is not lying he only over stretch it. I had look to look for sand in New York to at least see the colour of their sand. The whole place I went were tiled.

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
seunak2016:
which tribe is that Nigeria you helped that bleeped you up? I once travel to Malaysia too but I was deported at port of entering , it was during time Nigerian were kidnapping and bad shit about Nigerian 2010 or 2009, one of those guys we are about to enter got scammed. ask someone to borrow him dollars so he can show immigration there his PTA but later return it back with fake dollars for the guy. thank God I act smart,I would have fall victim because the guy already ask me but I denied
. I don't do tribe Bro, bad people are everywhere

22 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Truthbites: 10:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
When i woke up,on my first night, I thought I was dead and in paradise. The county was so serene, neat n quiet. As afternoon reach, I begin swear for our leaders who destroyed NIGERIA through corruption

13 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by greatID: 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
sotherefore:
Personally I have not yet traveled out of the country as am still waiting for the lord to bless my hustle.

If you have travelled to any civilized country then tell us your experience the day you wanted to travel overseas for the first time. How was it? Was there any challenge? Were you HAPPY? Was it a fun experience?

How did you feel when you arrived your destination?

Let us know how it was.
it was a great experience

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by bezimo(m): 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2020
It's hard to describe though..my first time abroad 8years ago was in Paris..i had to adjust to seeing the way things were done in a very organized and calm way.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
Jaubdu:
. I miss home and couldn't sleep so I went clubbing and returned to my hotel with an Italian, she make a comment about Nigeria,i wasn't please with it,I stood up UnCloth and she was expecting me to do the deal, I told her I am way above her league(too classy to take shit) I call a cab and walk her to the door like a calm and gentle Nigeria. Next morning she offered me a business deal which I accept with conditions, sadly a Nigerian I help run away with my passport and dollar.
No offense what will someone do with person passport?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by DonDraper66: 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
Is only God that knows the best place for you... Abroad is beautiful and cool to stay . But some are regretting ever taking the decision..

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by sacx: 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
u will feel a breath of fresh air when u leave naija cheesy
beautiful weather ,beautiful women
and no power outage grin
the only thing i am missing here is just eba and egusi soup cheesy

Oga don japaa too? You sure you are not forgetting something in the list of things you miss? Ukwu master cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by lepasharon(f): 10:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
deavicky:
my bro he is not lying he only over stretch it. I had look to look for sand in New York to at least see the colour of their sand. The whole place I went were tiled.

Lol those aren't tiles, they're bricks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by odinga1of: 10:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
u will feel a breath of fresh air when u leave naija cheesy
beautiful weather ,beautiful women
and no power outage grin
the only thing i am missing here is just eba and egusi soup cheesy

See this clown for Okokomaiko, Oga u never travel. Mr. Lienus Okonkwo.

Descendant of Liar Mohammed.
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Yoighaman(m): 11:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
sotherefore:
Personally I have not yet traveled out of the country as am still waiting for the lord to bless my hustle.

If you have travelled to any civilized country then tell us your experience the day you wanted to travel overseas for the first time. How was it? Was there any challenge? Were you HAPPY? Was it a fun experience?

Let us know how it was.

I wouldn't talk about the first time but I have a default recitation for our leaders each time I travel, once I get to the airport, you see me mumbling words and think I am praying but hell no, I am raining curses on them because it shall not be well with each and everyone of them for viewing what they see abroad and not replicating it back home and please guess what the recitation is- E NO GO BETTER FOR OUR LEADERS AND THEIR FAMILIES, I keep repeating it until I get to my final destination.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
odinga1of:

See this clown for Okokomaiko, Oga u never travel. Mr. Lienus Okonkwo.

Descendant of Liar Mohammed.

cheesy continue to dey swear bitter soulcheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
since september i have left ur useless country cheesy
so u think because i joke here i dont have a future ambition cheesy
dey dere cheesy

13 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by kate85(f): 11:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
johnmattew:
to be frank with u...I felt normal.there wasnt anything special about the experience.i even forgot to take pictures

but, boarding a plane first the first time was super scary.... I'm still scared of flight tho

Is there any way someone can overcome the fear of flight? It scare me so much, no matter how often I fly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
Drenimarcus:
I was pretty good all day until I got to Amsterdam, once on the plane to the states, I was so nervous, as soon as I got past cbp and got outside, I got this fresh air and calmness in my soul, to top it all, rain fell that day, the freshest air I have ever breathe in was on my first day. Naija no be country.
It's not a good think to be rubisshing your country of birth. What was your contribution to those facilities you've seen abroad? Many of us who were born here have been all around the world hand have gained recognition globally, courtesy of our chosen careers.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
kunkelhanspeter:

. I still don't know why the guy took my passport,I beg him on phone to drop it anywhere let me pick it up but he refused. I have to come back to Nigeria with a TC.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Potatochips(m): 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
Illusioneffect:

Hmmmm. You don't notice d differences anymore... Hmmm dere iz a fish inside dix ur story :/
No be only fish, meat join grin
I don't notice the difference anymore because I have been here for quite some time. No matter how good an environment is, over time you tend to get used to it.

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
I missed home. I still do whenever I travel. There really is no place like home.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Yoighaman(m): 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
sotherefore:

Let us know how it was.

I wouldn't talk about the first time but I have a default recitation for our leaders each time I travel, once I get to the airport, you see me mumbling words and think I am praying but hell no, I am raining curses on them because it shall not be well with each and everyone of them for viewing what they see abroad and not replicating it back home and please guess what the recitation is- E NO GO BETTER FOR OUR LEADERS AND THEIR FAMILIES, I keep repeating it until I get to my final destination.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by 2Odds101(f): 11:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
kunkelhanspeter:

bad things like 419..
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by ebijimi7(m): 11:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
[quote author=NCANCHAIR post=87144237]Bros grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
deavicky:

There are many parks in NYC.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 03, 2020
sacx:

Oga don japaa too? You sure you are not forgetting something in the list of things you miss? Ukwu master cheesy
one thing i no miss here na ukwu..they have an abundance of it over here cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
gypsey:
okay. that country their women has big butts and brown skins grin
bigger butts even more than nigerian girls cheesy.there majorly black with a few a few mixed then spanish and carib indians.u might not miss home if u come here cos wetin dey home dey here with an over abundance of it grin

13 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by ebijimi7(m): 11:10pm On Mar 03, 2020
Dreyton36:
Its a wonderful experience really , especially when you're sponsoring yourself
I had so many thoughts on my head walahi
1. Na me sit down inside aeroplane so ?
2. Na me they use my money fly to obodo oyibo?
3. When will I see my family again?
4. I must not come back without Benz
When I landed omg , I realised that coronavirus cannot even kill us I Nigeria cuz we live in a bedgraggled environment in naija

Abroad sweet abeg, everywhere clean
Hit me up for your sure visas to all European countries
There's also a sure Canada visa application going on
No scam zone
bro please hi me on whatsapp zero8one8nine8five0four2three let's discuss
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 11:11pm On Mar 03, 2020
stevmatt15:

Is Tanzania abroad?
I am just asking oooo
Once you travel out of Nigeria is abroad bro
Even Togo is abroad

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by smartyG(m): 11:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
My first real trip (I'd traveled by road to Benin republic earlier) was to Austria, in Vienna. Was such an amazing experience. It was also filled with quite some anxieties. Flew through Frankfurt.

As I landed finally in Vienna and saw the serenity, orderliness of things, and seeing for the very first time a working system in another country, felt terribly saddened for Nigeria.

Kept asking myself how that our leaders who travel quite frequently find it difficult to replicate the same level of progress in the west here in Nigeria.

It was a business trip in any case and I'm long bank to Nigeria. So I keep being faced daily with question as to why things are not so working well here in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Potatochips(m): 11:14pm On Mar 03, 2020
Antichristus:

You travelled to Europe and was “flabbergasted by the high number of white people around” you? Seriously? We’re you expecting to be surrounded by Asians, Indians or Latinos? Are you being sarcastic?
No matter what you expect, there's a shock or maybe transfixation that comes with having a large number of Caucasian folks around you at the same time when all you had experienced prior to that time in your life was quite the opposite.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by GuestLog: 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2020
ikcid:

Explain the bolded cool
I guess he had an accent

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Drenimarcus(m): 11:16pm On Mar 03, 2020
fairfora:
It's not a good think to be rubisshing your country of birth. What was your contribution to those facilities you've seen abroad? Many of us who were born here have been all around the world hand have gained recognition globally, courtesy of our chosen careers.

Lol I pay taxes ma’am, what has nigeria given me since I was born. I don’t trash Nigeria but y’all know nigeria ain’t a country, don’t mean any disrespect.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by sacx: 11:18pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
one thing i no miss here na ukwu..they have an abundance of it over here cheesy

Na heaven you don jand so o. Sha look road well when staring at those
'ukwus' make eye nor turn you fall cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Drives Out A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos) / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.