Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? (74034 Views)

Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2020
sacx:

Na heaven you don jand so o. Sha look road well when staring at those
'ukwus' make eye nor turn you fall cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by hope4nigeria(m): 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2020
sotherefore:
Personally I have not yet traveled out of the country as am still waiting for the lord to bless my hustle.

If you have travelled to any civilized country then tell us your experience the day you wanted to travel overseas for the first time. How was it? Was there any challenge? Were you HAPPY? Was it a fun experience?

How did you feel when you arrived your destination?

Let us know how it was.
Op wetin be your problem, wetin I want go find for abroad, I like naija die, only be say this disaster wey dey
Aso rock dey do me one kind.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Xclusiveme: 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2020
landmark86:
Great experience.
Busy taking pictures with my friends n family.
I cudnot sleep a day to my journey.
Entry the plane is a dream come tru.
Entry London is amazing.
Beautiful environment.
The cab man drove me to a hotel @ Chelsea cos I arrive there in the late hour of the night.
Had a nice chicken and wine for dinner, later went to bed.

5a.m Nigeria time, I heard my senior sister shouting my name (Jide jide Jide Jide Jide). Don't you no is time for you to wake up and wash the plate.
Bros I wake up and find myself on my bed @ our house in number 3 Egbeda Street, Oke-Ado area, Isolo.
I never no I was dreaming grin.

Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Jarus(m): 11:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
My first was Ghana but in the sense of fun, UAE. Done 12 countries across Africa, Europe and Asia to date.

Each comes with its own experience.

Like someone already said, one amazing thing is how everywhere looks “tiled”.

I find the efficient transport system of UK amazing.

22 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by generalwo(m): 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
This question na for those wen Don travel commot for naija before.... So make I Waka pass

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Potatochips(m): 11:36pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
bf i came here someone told the last african shop here packed up because of lack of patronage.the food store was owned by a nigerian but nobody was patronising him so he ran at loss.but now with the way nigerians and other africans are here i guess if he opened the food store again he will get lots of customers.there lots of chinkos here though selling their wares.
Okay, I understand you now. African food remains a necessity though. Depending on my schedule, there's hardly any week I don't make good ogbono soup accompanied with dried catfish, bonga fish and goat meat here; taken with correct poundo. It is after eating it that I begin to reason clearly grin grin

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by dometome: 11:37pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
wen u never comot for naija u will think the whole world is like nigeria cheesy.even the bananas here are different.unlike the bananas is nigeria that have black yellow appearance the ones here are just yellow and spotless cheesy.one thing they have here that we lack in nigeria is fruits cheesy and lots of it cheesy.i heard right now in nigeria its very very hot..over here the weather is cool and it even showered today
Yeah but those bananas are tasteless.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Storeyedbuildin(m): 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2020
Lalas247:

Liar spotted grin
Check ur signature bro
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Xclusiveme: 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2020
Nigeria can shatter one's dream. I have a feeling my destiny helper is here to take me abroad. I'm willing to go asap. I rather be a slave in another man's country than being one in my country

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
dometome:
Yeah but those bananas are tasteless.
their bananas are very delicious

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
Potatochips:

Okay, I understand you now. African food remains a necessity though. Depending on my schedule, there's hardly any week I don't make good ogbono soup accompanied with dried catfish, bonga fish and goat meat here; taken with correct poundo. It is after eaten it that I begin to reason clearly grin grin
in place of pondo u have corn here that u can use to do cornmeal for swallow if u lucky to have someone to will send u ingridients for making nigerian soup cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by hinere(m): 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
See how people are just testifying ehn?
When will it be my turn to travel even if it's just for one day.
I just want to have the experience becos the way things are going, very soon, they will soon start asking for "how many years of experience abroad" during visa application.
But I belive I shall step my foot in America one day. How?...I don't know. When...I don't know?...where...I don't know but it shall come to pass

12 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Divay22(f): 11:52pm On Mar 03, 2020
BarrElChapo:
lipsrsealed
p
Spill it angry I'm waiting grin
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by emmaitive(m): 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
still a dream for me tho
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Lol I pay taxes ma’am, what has nigeria given me since I was born. I don’t trash Nigeria but y’all know nigeria ain’t a country, don’t mean any disrespect.
Of course you must pay taxes. All i was saying is, when you first entered the country you're resident in, those infrastructure you met were put in place by some people and not yourself. I'm a man like u, not ma'am cheesy That Nigeria doesn't favour you doesn't mean it doesn't favour others. Some would make it here while some would make it out there. It was from Nigeria here I was invited for a dinner with USA president inside the daughters of American revolution hall in DC. I've been travelling to America since I was in my late 20s , 2004 to be precise, all alone. Only 12 states I've not visited in the whole of America and I know virtually everywhere I've been in that country, European Union too, including UK. We are exposed too. Maybe the kind of recognition I earned today may not have been possible, had I stayed put overseas like my peers did after we graduated. Nigeria is a country, ok? The bad leadership issues bedeveling the country presently would be a thing of the past. America passed through same phase centuries ago. Rome wasn't built in a day.

14 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by rafcrown(m): 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
3 women admired my agbada lace attire.A gentleman explained their feelings to me in English language .They asked for the price per yard,cost of my shoes,and wrist watch .Total cost $2,000.They concluded that Nigeria is a rich great country. That was long time ago.N30 naira to $.period.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Drenimarcus(m): 11:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
fairfora:
Of course you must pay taxes. All i was saying is, when you first entered they country you're resident in, those infrastructure you met were put in place by some people and not yourself. I'm a man like u, not ma'am cheesy That Nigeria doesn't favour you doesn't mean it doesn't favour others. Some would make it here while some would make it out there. It was from Nigeria here I was invited for a dinner with USA president inside the daughters of American revolution hall in DC. I've been travelling to America since I was in my late 20s , 2004 to be precise, all alone. Only 12 states I've not visited in the whole of America and I know virtually everywhere I've been in that country, European Union too, including UK. We are exposed too. Maybe the kind of recognition I earned today might not have been possible, had I stayed put overseas like my peers did after we graduated. Nigeria is a country, ok? The bad leadership issues bedeveling the country presently would be a thing of the past. America passed through same phase centuries ago. Rome wasn't built in a day.

K

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by rolams(m): 12:01am On Mar 04, 2020
I never travel abroad Na abi wetin you want make I write now?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by olopaooo(m): 12:01am On Mar 04, 2020
The feeling was like finally I am here, what next ?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Divay22(f): 12:04am On Mar 04, 2020
Just One day in my future.
I believe it will come smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by nitrogen(m): 12:06am On Mar 04, 2020
Ghana first, no feeling. Since then, I have been to 13 other countries. Countries in Africa, Middle East, Europe and North America.

I need to visit an Asian country ASAP.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Maski87: 12:09am On Mar 04, 2020
Jaubdu:
. I miss home and couldn't sleep so I went clubbing and returned to my hotel with an Italian, she make a comment about Nigeria,i wasn't please with it,I stood up UnCloth and she was expecting me to do the deal, I told her I am way above her league(too classy to take shit) I call a cab and walk her to the door like a calm and gentle Nigeria. Next morning she offered me a business deal which I accept with conditions, sadly a Nigerian I help run away with my passport and dollar.

I think this happened in your dream

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Appetizerbmaz(m): 12:20am On Mar 04, 2020
monfizzy:
Moving to the UK didn’t really know what to expect, I just had dreams and desire to change my life fortune. So when I landed at Heathrow I got my first scare when immigration told me to step aside after asking me why am I in the UK and who am I coming to see. Told them I’m not coming to see anyone but moving permanently to live with my wife (now ex) and they requested for her number and I gave. Then asked me where she is I told them she’s waiting for me at the arrival lounge. They delayed me for about 30mins but throughout the entire time I acted unworried coz I knew cameras were on me to observe my countenance.

Was just playing music with my Beats headsets and nodding my head to the rhythms, but I was worried inside me. I travelled with a residence permit and had all the confidence in-between the worries. So they later let me go and on getting at the arrival lounge saw madam and my brothers waiting for me, immediately I stepped out at Heathrow cold almost blew me off coz it was December period.

I was excited but the airport experience almost destabilised me. Sha thank God, my fortune has indeed changed forever. Now a naturalised citizen with a decent job and with an even promising future. No regrets whatsoever. The environment was a sight to behold. Nigeria would have killed my dreams.
bro please can we talk please. +2348115744705 that's my WhatsApp number. Am not asking to beg for money from you, I just need someone to put me through this travel things.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Opeakins(m): 12:22am On Mar 04, 2020
If any of una carry me go walai I go happy

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Daa14: 12:25am On Mar 04, 2020
Really
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by wristbangle: 12:28am On Mar 04, 2020
SpecialAgent:
mehn....i have NEVER entered plane in my entire life grin

Your first flight will be to USA, Canada, UK and other overseas countries of your desire

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 04, 2020
Maski87:

I think this happened in your dream
. Yeah you are right,you and me dream about it. Run along now
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Americanboy35: 12:36am On Mar 04, 2020
grin take off and landing of the plane scared me ehn, i nearly shit my pants, and 10pm in Indianapolis looks like afternoon, everywhere just bright, i was amazed.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by konkonbilo(m): 12:38am On Mar 04, 2020
Abeg what of benin republic I'm just asking ni o cos na where I don go be that.. That place worse pass naija. Lol

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Kokaine(m): 12:40am On Mar 04, 2020
Potatochips:
It was exciting really. Before I boarded, some immigration officers wanted to play smart, thank God, I had all my docs with me. After entering the plane, I couldn't locate my seat, lol. I later did sha. When I arrived at my destination (a country in Europe), I was flabbergasted by the high number of white people around me. Shuo, no be small thing oh. The place was cold, beautiful and colorful all at the same time. It was like a dream. Totally different from Naija. But now I don't notice the difference anymore.
its when you come to Nigeria for a visit again and you land in iyana paja heading to egbeda. That's when you will see the difference again

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Saintsquare(m): 12:43am On Mar 04, 2020
Hmmm that feeling is nice, stepping outside the DME airport in Moscow, everywhere look so clean however I saw a very long line of whites. I thought to myself maybe they waiting for a bus or train, alas it was a smoking area grin grin grin grin cheesy. Those Russians can smoke die grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by wristbangle: 12:45am On Mar 04, 2020
gypsey:
First time i travelled to Nigeria, as landed at MMA lagos the heat hit my face, in just few minutes i was sweating like a christmas Turkey. The whole airport smelt horrible, the toilet was filty with a brown 6 inches shiit starring angrily at me as if to be asking what da fu ck are you doing in Nigeria? no water to wash hands after using the toilet or flush. everyone was asking to be "dashed" something i even thought for one minute that the shiit in that toilet was about to demand for "dash" too the way it was starring at me. The noise was excruciating people screaming while hawking their various wares, defecating and urinating everywhere, The hotel was filty, No electricity, i was told that the generator isn't on, what?!! I yelled, generator?!! but however, above all i Enjoyed my 3 weeks stay in Nigeria. Nigerian women, food, weed and palm wine i enjoyed. grin i ve been to Nigeria more than a dozen times since then, in Nigeria if you are moneyd you are a King or queen.

This one no well at all grin. Your comment made me laugh out loud

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport / World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.