Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. (6293 Views)

Ask Me Any Questions: Am Touring Benue & Taraba States / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria / Can 750k Be Able To Start Pig Farming ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by manufacjob: 6:09am On Jun 27, 2020
Dry Maize and Sorghum bran available in large quantities. N40/kg. Pick up within Lagos (Ikeja area). Constant supply per week thereafter is available

Pig, fish, cattle, snail and poultry farmers, for your attention.

Contact 07088655218
Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by DeeDGenius: 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2021
Please what is the current cost of a cambourough hybrid grower?

Also, are growers sold at a flat rate or per kg?

Thanks.
Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by amadasunfarm(m): 8:33am On Oct 02, 2021
Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by bizzibodi(m): 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2021
PigBarn:

It depends on the type of breed.

Local breed 8-15k

Landrace&large white (100% pure) 50-60k

Duruck 60-70k

Depending on the farm you buying from and how pure the breeds are.
Nice job,if growers cost this much 60-70k how much are U going to sell d market size finsher?
Which weight is d d market weight?
How much is pork per kg now?
Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by bizzibodi(m): 6:41pm On Oct 23, 2021
PigBarn:

They to can be fatten to slaughter in 6months, weighing 100kg no local breed will give you this.
Modern farming is all about farming right and smart. We plant genetic improved seedlings so do we rear genetic improved animals to maximize profit.

The Nigeria pork industry is so underated , Nigerian still imports pork from South Africa at this time, because most pig farmers lack the proper knowledge of the pork market.
Nigeria is meant to be the highest exporter of pork to the world given the abundance of varieties for protein and carbohydrate for the formulation of pig feeds.
The pork industry is a huge one.
Are those 2 pig in d pictures growers or are ready for slaughter?
How do one identifies pure breed?
Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by bizzibodi(m): 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2021
wengerman:
it is not viable in Lagos to buy exotic breed to fatten.in oke-aro,gberigbe and the pig farm where I operate in small scale ,live weight is sold at an average of 460 per kg which means 100kg is 46k ,then how can u fatten profitably when u buy exotic breed weaners or grower for such high price
What it means is i can only buy d exotic breed for breeding purposes only then sell d offspring as local one prices at a lower weight say 70-100kg in atleast 6months.if they can attained such weight in 6mnths.it means exotic breed weaners or growers are not profitable b/c of high cost and only a few wealthy will buy a 350kg pig for #350k up to d price of a cow.
Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by TOKUGAWA(m): 8:05am On Feb 06, 2022
No matter how big the pig, you will get a buyer
bizzibodi:

What it means is i can only buy d exotic breed for breeding purposes only then sell d offspring as local one prices at a lower weight say 70-100kg in atleast 6months.if they can attained such weight in 6mnths.it means exotic breed weaners or growers are not profitable b/c of high cost and only a few wealthy will buy a 350kg pig for #350k up to d price of a cow.
Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by ericuzor(m): 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2022
PigBarn:

It depends on the type of breed.

Local breed 8-15k

Landrace&large white (100% pure) 50-60k

Duruck 60-70k

Depending on the farm you buying from and how pure the breeds are.
types of pig

Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by Tenisam: 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hello everyone,
My name is Boluwaji Samuel, a Co-founder of FarmThrive LTD, we are supplier of Poultry feeds and Fish feeds to farmers and retailers and we would like to partner with you in supplying you of all your feed requirements to your farm starting from 5 bags and above. We deliver right to your doorstep at a little or no fee for logistics.
We would be glad to partner with you � so as to make feeds procurement a seamless operations on your farm.
You can reach us on
Phone/ WhatsApp : 07052754744
Email : Info.farmthrive@gmail.com
Instagram : FarmThrive_

Regards
B. Samuel
For FarmThrive
Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by PigBarn: 11:24pm On May 09, 2022
wengerman:
it is not viable in Lagos to buy exotic breed to fatten.in oke-aro,gberigbe and the pig farm where I operate in small scale ,live weight is sold at an average of 460 per kg which means 100kg is 46k ,then how can u fatten profitably when u buy exotic breed weaners or grower for such high price
The benefit of exotic breeds is, the grow faster in weight and have almost 0% fat.
I will advice, who ever is going into exotic breeds do not be in a rush to sell, you breed then fatten to sell. This animals average 12 piglets at each farrow. With two gilts you can have 48 piglets in 12 calendar months.
Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by oluteem: 1:19pm On May 10, 2022
PigBarn:

Keep the questions coming that's the reason why am here:

Pig farming is not a get rich over night business to be frank with you. If u want to fatten to slaughter I will advice u go for the local breed but if u intend to farm properly in a commercial way you go for the better breeds( landrace and large white) you can start with 10 sows 3 boars and grow fast.

Exotic breeds are been sold per kg, this breeds can weigh up to 350kg, in my location we sell 1000 naira per kg ( live weight) and 1200 per kg for dead weight.

Where is ur location because here in my location, pig is 800/kg which is very very small
Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by amadasunfarm(m): 1:21pm On May 10, 2022
Re: Ask Pigbarn Any Questions About PIG FARMING. by PigBarn: 9:07pm On May 10, 2022
oluteem:

Where is ur location because here in my location, pig is 800/kg which is very very small
Benue state, pork business is very profitable here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shea Nut Price For A Tonne / Afdb Unveils Plan To Empower Nigerian Women In Agriculture / How To Administer The Right Feeds, Drugs And Vaccine In Poultry Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.