Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find (4983 Views)

My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far / 5 Projects A Junior Developer Should Have In Their Portfolio To Get Hired Fast / Web Developer Internship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:30am On Mar 15, 2020
Maskyy:

Pls Drop your WhatsApp digit.
WhatsApp is hacked. You can post information here.
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by xtaphare321(f): 8:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

WhatsApp is hacked. You can post information here.
Hi,please can you guide me on how to be a digital marketing guru, recommended sites to take the course or/and materials that would help me,please, thank you
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
xtaphare321:
Hi,please can you guide me on how to be a digital marketing guru, recommended sites to take the course or/and materials that would help me,please, thank you
You can get courses on udemy or tutsgalaxy.net. You can also follow surfside PPC on YouTube for amazing digital marketing content.

1 Like

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by xtaphare321(f): 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

You can get courses on udemy or tutsgalaxy.net. You can also follow surfside PPC on YouTube for amazing digital marketing content.
ok, thank you very much for your swift response
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Anonime1105(m): 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Internship ke . Better use those skills to freelance on Upwork, toptal and gigster and continue building up your personal portfolio. You are looking for internship where they will be paying you 50000 Naira or they will tell you to work for free.

Op get on GitHub and stack overflow take projects and Start to build them. Master one CMS like WordPress or Squarespace. Sign up on Upwork, use 50000 naira and buy connects (this is an investment and start bidding for jobs). Don't go the high end jobs start with the smaller ones. Get this jobs and do well at them and build your Upwork profile and later on you can start applying for full time remote jobs. Don't waste your time with any Nigerian company.

I joined Upwork as a digital marketer my first job was 200 dollars. That contract just ended and me and the client are renegotiating 500 dollars per month now. So far I have sent out like 60 proposals and I have three pending interviews. Like you, I started learning programming as I believe digital marketing isn't a safe skill to have. Anyone with common sense and an internet connection can easily know it but you can't say so for programming.

At your level, you should be able to build responsive websites. Go in and start with that and continue improving your skills.

Nice input

1 Like

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Anonime1105(m): 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
truthsayer009:

Sorry OP, I have to be honest with you about the Technology market. Companies don't want to hire Juniors anymore & this is a reality you might have to deal with. Getting a job on Upwork also requires you have some good experience since you would be equally competing with Indians, Chinese & South American programmers who also charge very low for their work. First thing an Upwork client will ask is, show me your past work, so tell me how & what you want to show? Do you have anything to show?.

One way to accelerate your progress is to only focus on one area, for example. React with Javascript or Python with Flask. Deep knowledge is valuable & appreciated more than being a generalist when you are looking for a job.

Second way is to Fake it till you make it, you need to pick up that special area where you want to focus & start reading like a Mad person regarding that area. You read Top 50 or 100 Interview Questions as a Python or Javascript Developer, you can search for them online. Continue reading until it enters your head by force.

Remember that passing an Interview is not about whether you actually know the job, It's about how you can convince your Interviewer that you know the Job, there is a difference. Most programmers learnt on the Job, no one knows it all. Even though we pretend sometimes.

Fix your CV, add atleast 1 or 2 years of experience whether from school or professionally. Never say you have no experience.

Finally, never say you are a Junior. You are simply a programmer, remove the Junior please.

Nice input
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by ryanbabraham: 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
I am glad to see the post. It is very informative. I think this topic is useful for all Junior developers. Here, you give the best guidelines for beginners. I like your post and keep going. read more I hope you will add more details about the Internship and the programming languages in your next post.
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Pgltm: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Internship ke . Better use those skills to freelance on Upwork, toptal and gigster and continue building up your personal portfolio. You are looking for internship where they will be paying you 50000 Naira or they will tell you to work for free.

Op get on GitHub and stack overflow take projects and Start to build them. Master one CMS like WordPress or Squarespace. Sign up on Upwork, use 50000 naira and buy connects (this is an investment and start bidding for jobs). Don't go the high end jobs start with the smaller ones. Get this jobs and do well at them and build your Upwork profile and later on you can start applying for full time remote jobs. Don't waste your time with any Nigerian company.

I joined Upwork as a digital marketer my first job was 200 dollars. That contract just ended and me and the client are renegotiating 500 dollars per month now. So far I have sent out like 60 proposals and I have three pending interviews. Like you, I started learning programming as I believe digital marketing isn't a safe skill to have. Anyone with common sense and an internet connection can easily know it but you can't say so for programming.

At your level, you should be able to build responsive websites. Go in and start with that and continue improving your skills.
hello bro, how I do I contact you

1 Like

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Maskyy(m): 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2020
You want to be a programmer, developer, data scientists, designer and mobile dev eith full guide and motoring with tasks.

Codefans is helping a budding techie person Like you. Join their community and get train at no cost.

Fill this form to get started

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18cWuMdfV2fZ7ERJHRkwzpAmqaAwA-_W5R4cpE0zGeFw/edit?usp=drivesdk
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Haywhyluv: 4:00am On Apr 10, 2020
U
tensazangetsu20:

Send ur number to me bro, to get in touch with you

1 Like

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:58am On Apr 10, 2020
Haywhyluv:
U

Send ur number to me bro, to get in touch with you

Please ask your questions here. I am not more answering PM's on this matter. I would do my best to answer them so that other viewers can benefit from them.
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Haywhyluv: 8:31am On Apr 10, 2020
How do I get paid on up work platform
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Valentine292(m): 9:31am On Apr 10, 2020
Some interesting is coming up! Learn how to sell your skill on Fiverr in 3 just days. Join us on WhatsApp via the link below

https:///FcejW5azAJt1fxAZenGtis
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2020
Haywhyluv:
How do I get paid on up work platform
Just link your bank account and then withdraw. Easy as ABC.
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Maskyy(m): 2:08am On Apr 11, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Just link your bank account and then withdraw. Easy as ABC.

How do I get my upwork account activated? Let's talk on this
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:01am On Apr 11, 2020
Maskyy:

How do I get my upwork account activated? Let's talk on this

I have no idea about this. I got approved once and that was it. Try looking for YouTube tutorials on this or pay those people who advertise that service here but it seems like a scam to me though.
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Maskyy(m): 3:12am On Apr 11, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

I have no idea about this. I got approved once and that was it. Try looking for YouTube tutorials on this or pay those people who advertise that service here but it seems like a scam to me though.

Just this morning oooo, I just tried with the Gmail I registered with sometimes ago, tho u approve. Story short, they approve my account when I tried that mail this morning. I feel happy oooooo
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Maskyy(m): 3:14am On Apr 11, 2020
Valentine292:
Some interesting is coming up! Learn how to sell your skill on Fiverr in 3 just days. Join us on WhatsApp via the link below

https:///FcejW5azAJt1fxAZenGtis

This link is broken, add me on WhatsApp, my digit at my signature
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2020
Maskyy:

Just this morning oooo, I just tried with the Gmail I registered with sometimes ago, tho u approve. Story short, they approve my account when I tried that mail this morning. I feel happy oooooo
Now start sending out proposals like a mad man.
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Maskyy(m): 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Now start sending out proposals like a mad man.

Which one b mad man. Are you high?

That's aside , 07016543752 is my digit. Make we chat
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Maskyy(m): 5:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

True though Op needs to have projects. Competing on price is the greatest mistake any freelancer can make. I don't have any portfolio shown on my Upwork profile (digital marketing niche) but I started to get a 30 percent proposal response rate as soon as I raised my prices. Westerners perceive high prices to be a symbol of high quality. There are some clients that will never employ you ever if your price is low regardless of your knowledge.

What is your per hour Price?
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:02am On Jan 24, 2021
truthsayer009:

Sorry OP, I have to be honest with you about the Technology market. Companies don't want to hire Juniors anymore & this is a reality you might have to deal with. Getting a job on Upwork also requires you have some good experience since you would be equally competing with Indians, Chinese & South American programmers who also charge very low for their work. First thing an Upwork client will ask is, show me your past work, so tell me how & what you want to show? Do you have anything to show?.

One way to accelerate your progress is to only focus on one area, for example. React with Javascript or Python with Flask. Deep knowledge is valuable & appreciated more than being a generalist when you are looking for a job.

Second way is to Fake it till you make it, you need to pick up that special area where you want to focus & start reading like a Mad person regarding that area. You read Top 50 or 100 Interview Questions as a Python or Javascript Developer, you can search for them online. Continue reading until it enters your head by force.

Remember that passing an Interview is not about whether you actually know the job, It's about how you can convince your Interviewer that you know the Job, there is a difference. Most programmers learnt on the Job, no one knows it all. Even though we pretend sometimes.

Fix your CV, add atleast 1 or 2 years of experience whether from school or professionally. Never say you have no experience.

Finally, never say you are a Junior. You are simply a programmer, remove the Junior please.
Almost a year later and this is the most valuable advice ever given on nairaland to programmers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by pickatyouu: 2:40pm On Jan 25, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Can I send u a dm regarding this post
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by daryur01(m): 6:49am On Jan 28, 2021
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Lampert505(m): 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2022
hi boss!
i jus sent you a mail,I’ll be really happy if you attend to it

tensazangetsu20:

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Topics To Cover In Java To Be A Guru? / Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) / Programming Really Is For The Young

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.