Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage (67286 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / My Wife’s Lover Confessed To Have Been Having Sex With My Wife For 5 Years / Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Sedonxavi: 7:29am On Mar 07, 2020
Pls try and keep smthg good for a potential husband and don't let this good for nothing guy blow out everything u have.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Greystone: 7:30am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

He's not my friend on social media except WhatsApp that we chat once in a while. Wait till evening and you see his texts and calls pouring in. I have blocked him on severally but once I forgive him, I will unblock him again.

If you continue with this foolish behaviour of allowing this guy to repeatedly be deceiving you, i swear you are really going to suffer in this life.

Go through this entire thread u created, not one person has said anything else but to end this toxic manipulative relationship and move on with ur life.

Continue listening to sweet talks. I won't say anything again.

Na ur type no dey hear word.

Pls continue. I'm not posting anything on this thread again.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Olaars: 7:34am On Mar 07, 2020
Move on he does not have plan of marrying you, He is just a time waster don't allow anybody to waste your life for you. He is toying with your feelings and life. The relationship is not healthy for you at all. Try move out of the relationship please there are better and loving guys out. Just make up your mind I know is not easy but you have to, to make you happy and for your future. Thanks your star that he is showing his character now but it is left for you to decide. But this relationship is not healthy . WISE UP LADY
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by lonelydora: 7:35am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:
Hi Famlanders, Please I need your advice. I beg you all to save a sister. I have to bring this here coz I know it's where I will get wonderful contributions. Again, I am using this new account coz I have friends and customers here. I don't want to blow my cover. Please this is real and not fiction. This will be quite lengthy, please bear with me.

I met this guy in 2013 when I was in year one. It was not a steady relationship coz we barely call nor see so I didn't take him serious. And whenever we see, it was always at one friends house or another. I accused him of being married but he vehemently denied it. Later on I figured out he had accommodation issue after he lost his job. He later rented a house when he got another job with one of our prestigious federal universities here in Nigeria and that was when things became serious (kinda).

We became very serious around 2016 that is why I count it as 5 years instead of 7. But then during one of my visits, I was sleeping in the room when I overheard him talking to someone but the only thing that caught my attention was when he said "I don't even have a girlfriend". Though I didn't confront him, but I thought about it deeply.

Two nights ago, I had a dream where he was getting married to another lady. I was crying while he was still saying he loves me but can't marry me. I confronted him yesterday, he said I am pressurizing him to marry me that was after he first asked what will happen if we don't end up together. He hasn't told me where the relationship is leading to after 5 years. We have been living for the moment. Just for the moment!

Few info about the relationship
1) He will be 40 this November while I am 27.
2. He has always had numerous girlfriends that when he's with them, he doesn't pick my calls though he always apologizes and he's trying his best this year.

3. He always send pictures of other women to his friends to let them know they are the people he wish to marry but never has he sent mine. Though he claims he's not doing it again.

4. From the look of things he's still searching while he wants to have me all to himself. Maybe a second option since the others are not accepting him and I love him foolishly.

5. The relationship is 50 -50 .We spend on each other. He believes it's the woman's duty to do all the house chores but not the man's duty to take care of the woman.

6. On his Fathers burial last year, 3 of his girlfriends came (me inclusive) and we all wore the burial uniform. Together, we served his guests even when we realized we are dating same man. His neighbors were giggling and gossiping but we all decided to be matured and work together.

7. When my sister that raised me died, he didn't come for the burial. his reason was he had supervision that day in school,same person that calls his colleague to cover for him during exam supervision so he could do other things. He also didn't send me any money but he questioned me for not giving him any money for his Father's burial. Even when I paid him excess for the burial uniform. I know why I did that. Mind you, he has asked me before if he can give one of his ex 10k during her Father's burial which I agreed and he sent her the money.

8. I have rejected some suitors who were willing to marry me coz of him. Though he has never encouraged me to accept any of them. In fact he gets angry hearing that another man is coming close to me.

9. He doesn't call often, I do more of the calling though he always return my calls. He can stay for days without calling unless I call. I know I have been the one holding the relationship coz I thought he will change.

10. Sine 2017 till last year, all I did was forgive him coz I love him. He keeps bringing new / different ladies into the picture. I have gone through a lot of emotional stress. He keeps asking me to stay that he loves me but he's confused.

His good side: He's understanding, motivates me to do my best, he doesn't hit me, he is gentle.

Me on the other hand is sometimes stubborn though very faithful coz I love him to a fault. I easily get angry but forgives easily. When I'm angry I talk so much but I don't abuse him. He is simply the cause of all my anger. He always say I am very understanding, a good girl, drama free but yet he doesn't want to marry me and won't let me go too. I have never involved a third party in our relationship except my late sister who said she wish I will walk away from the relationship because I love the guy more, that it won't end well. All my friends thinks I have a perfect relationship because I don't discuss him with them.

Back to last night, I told him I won't call him again coz he said I am pressurizing him to marry me. The truth is I have seen the hand writing on the wall, not today but two years ago but I keep going back. Please I need advice on how not to go back again. The love he proclaims for me is not enough for him to marry. I have wasted enough time already. Maybe hearing the raw truth here will help.

He is a dog in the manger. The earlier you look for another man, the better for you.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by karnap(m): 7:36am On Mar 07, 2020
the hardest part in relationship is knowing someone didn't love you and you are still around, you don't know whether to go or to stay and the most devastated part is he is using you if you leave you will be the one to lose. but my sister, just find a way stop the relationship, start a new relationship, use all what you know about the relationship to starts a new one,if not you might end up really frustrating... its sad.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by freemi(m): 7:36am On Mar 07, 2020
Shibaraba:
Should we tell her?
lols
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by boom99(m): 7:36am On Mar 07, 2020
what happened to chastity. why can't people keep themselves until marriage! After the guy don tire to see thesame kpekus for 5years, u think he will still reason ur side. I was told girls have fish brain... i am begining to believe cry
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

Maybe I forgot to add this, he said its a spiritual thing. That it didn't start with me.

They are all lies, lies of the devil. I understand where you're coming from. The sweet talks that gets you confused, I understand. But don't wait until you commit abortion or die from committing abortion before you take a stand.

Maybe this time you need to use hard words to break up with him. Insult his very existence that his pride won't let him contact you again.

Send him a long message calling him the meanest things you can ever think of and don't pick that call again.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by dotedote: 7:38am On Mar 07, 2020
What I like most about your post is your honesty. My advice: leave him now that you're still free to.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Tjah: 7:39am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

Thanks sis. I'm praying for the will power to do that. it's as if I am powerless when it comes to him.
U are praying for d will power
Sister,u ain't serious wit urself either. Therefore no advise would work on u,wen u bcom really serious WITH URSELF,u will know d answer to ur questions.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Mires: 7:39am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:
Hi Famlanders, Please I need your advice. I beg you all to save a sister. I have to bring this here coz I know it's where I will get wonderful contributions. Again, I am using this new account coz I have friends and customers here. I don't want to blow my cover. Please this is real and not fiction. This will be quite lengthy, please bear with me.

I met this guy in 2013 when I was in year one. It was not a steady relationship coz we barely call nor see so I didn't take him serious. And whenever we see, it was always at one friends house or another. I accused him of being married but he vehemently denied it. Later on I figured out he had accommodation issue after he lost his job. He later rented a house when he got another job with one of our prestigious federal universities here in Nigeria and that was when things became serious (kinda).

We became very serious around 2016 that is why I count it as 5 years instead of 7. But then during one of my visits, I was sleeping in the room when I overheard him talking to someone but the only thing that caught my attention was when he said "I don't even have a girlfriend". Though I didn't confront him, but I thought about it deeply.

Two nights ago, I had a dream where he was getting married to another lady. I was crying while he was still saying he loves me but can't marry me. I confronted him yesterday, he said I am pressurizing him to marry me that was after he first asked what will happen if we don't end up together. He hasn't told me where the relationship is leading to after 5 years. We have been living for the moment. Just for the moment!

2. He has always had numerous girlfriends that when he's with them, he doesn't pick my calls though he always apologizes and he's trying his best this year.

3. He always send pictures of other women to his friends to let them know they are the people he wish to marry but never has he sent mine. Though he claims he's not doing it again.

4. From the look of things he's still searching while he wants to have me all to himself. Maybe a second option since the others are not accepting him and I love him foolishly.

5. The relationship is 50 -50 .We spend on each other. He believes it's the woman's duty to do all the house chores but not the man's duty to take care of the woman.

6. On his Fathers burial last year, 3 of his girlfriends came (me inclusive) and we all wore the burial uniform. Together, we served his guests even when we realized we are dating same man. His neighbors were giggling and gossiping but we all decided to be matured and work together.

7. When my sister that raised me died, he didn't come for the burial. his reason was he had supervision that day in school,same person that calls his colleague to cover for him during exam supervision so he could do other things. He also didn't send me any money but he questioned me for not giving him any money for his Father's burial. Even when I paid him excess for the burial uniform. I know why I did that. Mind you, he has asked me before if he can give one of his ex 10k during her Father's burial which I agreed and he sent her the money.

8. I have rejected some suitors who were willing to marry me coz of him. Though he has never encouraged me to accept any of them. In fact he gets angry hearing that another man is coming close to me.

9. He doesn't call often, I do more of the calling though he always return my calls. He can stay for days without calling unless I call. I know I have been the one holding the relationship coz I thought he will change.

10. Sine 2017 till last year, all I did was forgive him coz I love him. He keeps bringing new / different ladies into the picture. I have gone through a lot of emotional stress. He keeps asking me to stay that he loves me but he's confused.

His good side: He's understanding, motivates me to do my best, he doesn't hit me, he is gentle.

Me on the other hand is sometimes stubborn though very faithful coz I love him to a fault. I easily get angry but forgives easily. When I'm angry I talk so much but I don't abuse him. He is simply the cause of all my anger. He always say I am very understanding, a good girl, drama free but yet he doesn't want to marry me and won't let me go too. I have never involved a third party in our relationship except my late sister who said she wish I will walk away from the relationship because I love the guy more, that it won't end well. All my friends thinks I have a perfect relationship because I don't discuss him with them.

Back to last night, I told him I won't call him again coz he said I am pressurizing him to marry me. The truth is I have seen the hand writing on the wall, not today but two years ago but I keep going back. Please I need advice on how not to go back again. The love he proclaims for me is not enough for him to marry. I have wasted enough time already. Maybe hearing the raw truth here will help.

You are a!sincere person. You made us to understand the good and bad of the guy. Same with you unlike most posts. I will advised you to quit. God will give you a man who truly and sincerely loves you and wants you for marriage
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Tjah: 7:41am On Mar 07, 2020
Nooil:

They are all lies, lies of the devil. I understand where you're coming from. The sweet talks that gets you confused, I understand. But don't wait until you commit abortion or die from committing abortion before you take a stand.

Maybe this time you need to use hard words to break up with him. Insult his very existence that his pride won't let him contact you again.

Send him a long message calling him the meanest things you can ever think of and don't pick that call again.
I bet u,she has done more dan two for him already,i Kno such men, ABORT IT,is dia slogan
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by ejimatic: 7:41am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

. This man will never marry you...You asked him he said he would not marry you but he loves you...He even asked u what would happen if he did not marry you.At a function three others girlfriends came....If he had never said and done the above I would say may be he is not ready yet for marriage with you but he would still marry you...Now do this: Call him and tell him how you feel again and let him know that you want to leave him now.End your relationship officially.If he still needs you he will call you back...You have endured enough for him.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

Yeye girl, stay there and be wasting your time
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 07, 2020
u can’t marry this kind of man, he will make u miserable with infidelity.
This is one of those guys that deserves to be used for ritual.....

Ineedtoheal if you don’t use this guy for ritual u fvck up
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by here: 7:44am On Mar 07, 2020
You are so emotionally enslaved you begged to be loved? Who says you cannot breakup with him yourself.
I have nothing to say to you but pls spare the man who would finally marry you the burden of this mess by just leaving this guy because I feel very angry at you. I am not going to advice you but pls whatever you decide wish you happiness because its not just about breaking up but about your sense of reasoning when in love because in this I see you need alot of growing up to do. No woman puts herself in this situation. If a man dates you 6months and still no charts drawn I dont get what you need to be told even vulcanizers get married. The things certain women allow happen to them is unimaginable
Ineedtoheal:

No one says it must lead to marriage oga. why keep what you don't need? If You really don't see yourself in few years time with someone, why waste their time? did you really read all I wrote? coz if you did, you wouldn't have make this comment.
I have begged him on several occasions to end things with me if he knows we don't have a future together but he refused. Mind you, it's not just a Nigerian thing. you guys are so quick in calling Nigerian girls out.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Ikpogebe1(m): 7:47am On Mar 07, 2020
This is very pathetic as you sound helpless as the moment. But you need to summon courage run for your life. You love only when you are alive. The handwriting on the wall has said it all. Guard your heart.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by tiredoflife(m): 7:51am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

Grant ur dead sister her wishes
I go even marry u if u agree
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Truthbites: 7:51am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

I wish he will let me be and not try sweet talking me into opening my heart to him again.

and opening legs too

1 Like

Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

Funny enough I am not close to ugly. I am beautiful and light skinned.I can't post my picture here lol. My skin colour alone attracts people to me. My supervisors where I did my IT still calls me till date. both married and single. A lot of guys don't talk to me again coz I have cancelled numerous appointments with them. I look younger than my age even. I am independent and come from a good background. Not like I can't get another man but then I don't have feelings for them.

Look at your life....If you find any that loves you more with plans even if he doesn't have money, sister grab the offer ASAP. Stop this stupid love thing you are saying, you will later see the good side of him as you progress
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by ashawopikin(m): 7:52am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

sit down and read carefully all you've written, you will find the answer you seek

1 Like

Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by 4ifyomedon(m): 7:52am On Mar 07, 2020
At times people dont know what they missed until they lost them. I wouldn't say he didnt like nor admire your presence. But you need to make your absence more revealing that he will see reasons why he needs you more.
On another note. While keeping him at arm's length, extend warm heart to others. You never know were true love lies.
In all these, you need to be strong. Let your will for better man/husband be your drive. And pray to your father, God. He is always listening and waiting for your calls. Shalom
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Jonathan39: 7:55am On Mar 07, 2020
Have you heard of the word "elastic limit" before? The male and female are different. Protect that thing for the man that will pay your bride price, if not ......
Sarang:

No one is damaged because they had sex. Quit that mentality. Are you damaged yourself? Cos I’m sure you have sex
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:56am On Mar 07, 2020
Queenza:
Your own small...mine is 14years.

And you don't realise that makes no sense at all?
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Mizwisdom(f): 7:57am On Mar 07, 2020
ifnyioj22:
Wait more! I dated my wife for 10year and we co habitate for another five before we got married.
Good thing come to those who wait.....

15 years of fornication? will you like this kind of destiny for your daughter?

1 Like

Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by samworthyever: 7:57am On Mar 07, 2020
You ladies your wahala is too much . You will see a nice and responsible guy willing to marry you, you will not accept. Later you will come and be disturbing us on nairaland. 5years is too small, wait for like 50years again.May be by then he will be ready for you. Enjoy your ride.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by ashawopikin(m): 7:58am On Mar 07, 2020
4tunebest:
Ehn Ehn. Eeeyaaahh. Oma se ooo. S'omo ree S'obinrin ree Se graduate de le leyi shaaa??
4tunebest is dat all u have to say?
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Uchefame(m): 8:01am On Mar 07, 2020
Sorry, may God give you the courage to reject and cut yourself off from this man that lacks direction
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Mizwisdom(f): 8:02am On Mar 07, 2020
Toplexy675:
this rubbish was written and composed by a mod looking to attract traffic for his boss, every story they must open new account in a faceless forum rubbish.

You're right. I've been on this forum for some time and I know that getting your topic on front page is not easy but recently, new monikers with similar writing style always grace FP with their fictional stories. It's obviously a mod , writing and pushing these fake scripts to FP
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Hermionegranger(f): 8:03am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

He's not my friend on social media except WhatsApp that we chat once in a while. Wait till evening and you see his texts and calls pouring in. I have blocked him on severally but once I forgive him, I will unblock him again.
Nne, blocking him on whatsapp isn't enough. You need to delete his number, add him to your restricted/blocked contacts using true caller so that you'll stop receiving his phone calls or texts. If you have any of his friends as contacts, give them the same treatment. If he comes to visit you, don't open the door for him no matter what. In fact, if you can change your location for a few weeks, I'd advice you to do so. It's not easy to get over someone you love and it's going to hurt unbelievably but you have to be strong. Your first step to healing is cutting him off. You deserve better than a stupid and confused old man.
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by Orpe7(m): 8:04am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

My sister them no tie your destiny with am o.if he doesnt see the jewel in you, abeg free am.
I get friend wey dey find wife, if ure based in Lagos, send me a DM let's talk
Re: I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage by ashawopikin(m): 8:04am On Mar 07, 2020
Ineedtoheal:

Thanks sis. I'm praying for the will power to do that. it's as if I am powerless when it comes to him.
then the dick must be good

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? / "I Slept With 18 Men In 30 Days" - Delta Wife Confesses At Shrine / How Wife Caught Her Husband Cheating (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.