Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

How To Shoot Your Shot And Never Miss - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Shoot Your Shot And Never Miss (1009 Views)

She Shot Her Shot (and He Said Yes!) Pictures included / Once You Notice A Girl Showing These 3 Signs – Just Shoot Your Shot / She Shot Her Shot And It Ended In Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Shoot Your Shot And Never Miss by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
It's 2020, and it's reliving that we have begun to let go of the new year resolution culture. We both know how self-deceiving that can be. A few days into the new year, and you can't remember a thing on your resolution list. That said, the only resolution you need is not to be a single pringle in 2020. Since love has refused to find you, here is how to let violence take it by force and find it yourself.

This is how to shoot your shot successfully without missing. It doesn't matter if the person has been your crush for years or does not belong in your league. If you do just as I say, you both will be couple goals come 2020.

Send a meaningful first message
The first message you send is very important. Scratch that, it is the most important thing. It determines if your message rusts in the message request session or if it is accepted and even replied.

Resist the urge to say everything you have in mind in the first message. Keep your excitement behind, and your reasoning in front. Make your message witty and difficult to ignore.

Do not make it just a hello. Your crush has most probably gotten so many 'hellos,' they are bored. They just want you to go straight to the point.

Go through your crush's profile thoroughly. That will help you learn them and the kind of message they'd find meaningful. If your crush is a writer for instance, begin with how you love to read them and how they write so well. Then talk about a particular project that stood out for you.

This will be hard to ignore. And it flatters them that you have been paying attention. It also lets them know the message is deliberate. It convinces them that you like them for the right reasons.

Do not begin with compliments about their look
Do not begin your first message by telling them how they look better than Kim or Kanye and all of that. Apart from being generic, it is boring and basic. They most probably get that a lot, so what makes your compliment unique? Also, chances are that they know they look good.

Do not talk about their looks in the very first message. It can be tempting, I know, but do no do it. Also, it makes them not think that you are there just because of their look.

Don't be spammy
After sliding into their DM, do not bug them. Have some self respect and give them the time to read and respond. Don't send them new messages every time you breathe. The point is not to choke them to death or to turn them off and get blocked. You can be easily taken for granted when you are always available or in people's faces.

Act like you are busying having a life and that your life is not all about them. Do not spam their inbox. Do not choke them with messages no matter how cute you think your messages are.

Don't use 'am' instead of 'I'm'
You can either say 'I am' or 'I'm.' When you replace these two with 'am,' you look like the joke of the century. Please do not do it.

Do not let your bad grammar to deprive you of the opportunity to marry the love of your life, have a great wedding, make beautiful children, and have great vacation sex. No, I'm not being dramatic.

Ask questions about them and pay attention to their answers
When you guys finally hit it off, ask them about themselves. Don't do this because you don't know what else to talk about but because you really want to know. Also, ask specific questions. Instead of saying, 'tell me about yourself' ask, 'how does an average day at work feel?' Specific questions are easier to answer and smarter. They also come off as well thought out and not random conversation fillers.

You do need to have a list of questions to ask them. Let the conversation flow naturally. Ask sincere questions, listen to the answers they give you, and be truly interested. Everyone likes to be listened to.

Resist the temptation to make the conversation about yourself.

Hype yourself mildly
This is very tricky. Accentuate your good qualities without robbing it in their face or coming off as proud. When you start talking to someone you like, there is the urge to tell them how you've traveled the world, how you started talking from the womb, and how you put the president in power and can single-handedly impeach him if you want. Your brain gives you intense signals to impress the hell out of them.
Slow down. Take it easy. They can easily tell you are trying to impress them, and this can do the opposite of what is intended; turn them off. You'll come off as boastful or proud.
Talk about your good qualities but not in a way that is not forced. Find a balance between not outrightly choking them with your good sides, and not feeding them your bad side either.

Have a sense of humor
A sense of humor should be listed as a survival skill. Everybody likes good humor thrown in here and there. Why be white rice when you can be jollof rice? Don't be bland. If you don't have a good sense of humor, that's fine. Do not force it.

Bonus tip: Take good pictures. All these said, nobody really likes to roll with an ugly duckling. Most people check pictures to decide if the sender is worth their reply. Have good photos and a decent profile.

As always, you are welcome!
Re: How To Shoot Your Shot And Never Miss by donbachi(m): 9:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
Shootu Shootu....keep shooting.

1 Like

Re: How To Shoot Your Shot And Never Miss by EkelediliBuhari: 9:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
Hehe... Take me to the promised land.. And will add some wise words of ogolobia..
Re: How To Shoot Your Shot And Never Miss by Ekemeze: 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2020
Re: How To Shoot Your Shot And Never Miss by Sixfeetbelle: 11:06pm On Mar 06, 2020
Realuzoamaka:
It's 2020, and it's reliving that we have begun to let go of the new year resolution culture. We both know how self-deceiving that can be. A few days into the new year, and you can't remember a thing on your resolution list. That said, the only resolution you need is not to be a single pringle in 2020.

This is how to shoot your shot successfully without missing. It doesn't matter if the person has been your crush for years or does not belong in your league. If you do just as I say, you both will be couple goals come 2020.

Do not begin with compliments about their look
Do not begin your first message by telling them how they look better than Kim or Kanye and all of that. Apart from being generic, it is boring and basic. They most probably get that a lot, so what makes your compliment unique? Also, chances are that they know they look good.

Do not talk about their looks in the very first message. It can be tempting, I know, but do no do it. Also, it makes them not think that you are there just because of their look.

Don't be spammy
After sliding into their DM, do not bug them. Have some self respect and give them the time to read and respond. Don't send them new messages every time you breathe. The point is not to choke them to death or to turn them off and get blocked. You can be easily taken for granted when you are always available or in people's faces.

Don't use 'am' instead of 'I'm'
You can either say 'I am' or 'I'm.' When you replace these two with 'am,' you look like the joke of the century. Please do not do it.

Do not let your bad grammar to deprive you of the opportunity to marry the love of your life, have a great wedding, make beautiful children, and have great vacation sex. No, I'm not being dramatic.

Ask questions about them and pay attention to their answers
When you guys finally hit it off, ask them about themselves. Don't do this because you don't know what else to talk about but because you really want to know. Also, ask specific questions. Instead of saying, 'tell me about yourself' ask, 'how does an average day at work feel?' Specific questions are easier to answer and smarter. They also come off as well thought out and not random conversation fillers.

You do need to have a list of questions to ask them. Let the conversation flow naturally. Ask sincere questions, listen to the answers they give you, and be truly interested. Everyone likes to be listened to.

Resist the temptation to make the conversation about yourself.

Have a sense of humor
A sense of humor should be listed as a survival skill. Everybody likes good humor thrown in here and there. Why be white rice when you can be jollof rice? Don't be bland. If you don't have a good sense of humor, that's fine. Do not force it.

Bonus tip: Take good pictures. All these said, nobody really likes to roll with an ugly duckling. Most people check pictures to decide if the sender is worth their reply. Have good photos and a decent profile.

As always, you are welcome!

At the bold, this irks me so bad I wish I could point it out immediately I see it but I resist out of courtesy.

For the generic question too, I get bored easily with that too. Be specific with your questions. It makes people open up and the conversation flows from there
Re: How To Shoot Your Shot And Never Miss by AfroKnight: 11:12pm On Mar 06, 2020
See wahala. Imagine doing all this cos you want to be in a relationship with someone that is retailing and rationing her love to you?

Better do your thing in person rather than sliding into the dm of one girl whose level of maturity you cannot determine.
Re: How To Shoot Your Shot And Never Miss by scoundrel(f): 11:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
How to shoot your shot and never miss: use a bazooka. Option two: throw a grenade.

1 Like

Re: How To Shoot Your Shot And Never Miss by Oghenerobo2002(m): 6:12am On Mar 07, 2020
I'm tired of shooting before I kill someboris child

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Most Women Have Lowself Esteem. / I'm Tired!! / ‘i’m Sex Starved, I Need A D!ck’ – Nigerian Lady Cries Out (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.