Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,967 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home (16816 Views)

Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? / Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by gfhotee: 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2010
THANKS EVERYONE, MY MIL HAS PACKED OUT OF MY HOME TO HER SON'S HOME. BUT I GOT INFO THAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR APARTMENT AROUND MY HOME. ANYWAY, GOD WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN, AND IF IT DOES AM RELOCATING MY FAMILY. THANKS, AM HAPPY AND BACK HOME. GOSH MY LIL BABY HAS LOST WEIGHT, I GUESS SHE MISSED ME. MY WIFE IS STILL MAKING FACES AND PUTTING SEVERAL "SIR"S IN EVERY SENTENCE SHE MAKES TO ME. WELL I PRETEND NOT TO NOTICE. tongue
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Ivynwa(f): 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ghotee whatever you do don't be hard on that your wife, she might have erred and made mistakes but we are all human. You need to be correcting her in love, if she is using "Sirs" in her sentences for you that means that she respects you much in as much as she seems distant from the gulf this problem created for you guys, it still takes respect for one to use that title for others.
  Your baby lost weight, thank God nothing worse happened, you realize now that you must never leave your family to run away from a problem though you must be credited with having acted with some diplomacy here.
Remember that MIL will always be your MIL and when things cool off you have to work on having a good cordial relationship with her as that have been spoilt by the overfamiliarization and her inconsiderate overstay in your house. Wishing you and your wife a new year of new found love and happiness. You go boy!
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by oYaTo(m): 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2010
@gfhotee  Read the entire thread from begining till the end. .I'm happy u got it all sorted out in the end. .Learnt a thing or two myself. .

gfhotee:

THANKS EVERYONE, MY MIL HAS PACKED OUT OF MY HOME TO HER SON'S HOME. BUT I GOT INFO THAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR APARTMENT AROUND MY HOME. ANYWAY, GOD WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN, AND IF IT DOES AM RELOCATING MY FAMILY. THANKS, AM HAPPY AND BACK HOME. GOSH MY LIL BABY HAS LOST WEIGHT, I GUESS SHE MISSED ME. [b]MY WIFE IS STILL MAKING FACES AND PUTTING SEVERAL "SIR"S  IN EVERY SENTENCE SHE MAKES TO ME. [/b]WELL I PRETEND NOT TO NOTICE. tongue

Lol. grin .she'll get over it. .

Give her sometime, then go about tackling the alleged cheating issue. . cool
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Theblessed(f): 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2010
gfhotee:

THANKS EVERYONE, MY MIL HAS PACKED OUT OF MY HOME TO HER SON'S HOME. BUT I GOT INFO THAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR APARTMENT AROUND MY HOME. ANYWAY, GOD WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN, AND IF IT DOES AM RELOCATING MY FAMILY. THANKS, AM HAPPY AND BACK HOME. GOSH MY LIL BABY HAS LOST WEIGHT, I GUESS SHE MISSED ME. MY WIFE IS STILL MAKING FACES AND PUTTING SEVERAL "SIR"S  IN EVERY SENTENCE SHE MAKES TO ME. WELL I PRETEND NOT TO NOTICE. tongue

[b][size=18pt]You married a selfish woman that does not realise how lucky she is to have you as a husband. You are a very decent and God fearing man! Any error you may have made over this issue was a result of lack of love from your wife and you'd be forgiven.

Just, don't take any notice of her - she'll tire after awhile and if your in-laws move your mum in-law near your home, move 100 miles away if you can handle it. They have abused your generosity enough and you don't need any more hassle/stress from them.  Enough is enough!

Your mum in-law is not your responsibility at all - she did not give birth to you - she gave birth to your wife and her siblings and they should look after her, not you. 

Because, there are other siblings in the family they should share the responsibility of caring for their mother between themselves, period! You have nothing to do with that!

Your in-laws have taken too much advantage of your vulnerability, simply because of events in your childhood - you lost your mother at a very young age and growing up in a family without a mother can have great impact on our personalities and lives, and yours seems to have affected you and your siblings the more. 

Please, from now on, learn how to stand up for yourself and bite, because, someone somewhere might pull this stunt again, but in a different way! Be wise!!!   
[/size][/b]
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by goose1: 8:43am On Dec 28, 2010
@poster,I do hope this is a joke,but if it is not,there is problem in your house.
Now there are some facts you need to put into consideration before you decide on which cause of action to take.
1.How many children do you have with this woman?
2.Who is the sponsor of her business,was it you that openned the shop for her?
3.How many daughters do this woman (your MIL) have beside your wife?
4.Is her husband still alive,does your wife have any elder brother or a younger brother that is a real man?
The answer to these questions will decide how you act, there are many possible ways to deal with this depending on the prevailing circumstance.
But I think the first action you take is to cease her source of income; close her shop first. Don't confront your MIL directly,be diplomatic and use her family members to fight her, pay a visit to her son,husband,brother or uncle (this is where i doubt your story,i know igbos has a close family relationship and tend to side the son-in-law in almost every issue).
But if your MIL has your wife as her only daughter,it will be a big problem,in this case i will advice you cease your wife's source of income only, and allow your MIL to stay with you.
Lets see how it plays out first,but drop all claims of cheating,its not your problem now,solve the problem of gang-up and you have everything under control.
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2010
///
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Vigilante: 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2010
Please does anyone know of any complaints against a father in law cos I will b 1 in future & need 2 get my acts 2gether
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Busybody2(f): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2010
Vigilante:

Please does anyone know of any complaints against a father in law cos I will b 1 in future & need 2 get my acts 2gether

cheesy Apart from the leeches with their leering looks, you a'ight, guys are usually cool, I think it is women who brings out the worst in men lipsrsealed Women, who needs 'em lipsrsealed cool
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by Bim4u: 10:52pm On Dec 29, 2010
op
u better not let all these single people deceive you
the advise blazey n rest gave are the best advise so far
be a man n resolve this with iron hand not by been thick headed but by doing it wisely.
just follow blazey n others along blaey way n i can guarantee it would pay u big time
Re: Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home by gfhotee: 10:16am On Dec 30, 2010
Thanks once again, I guess things are back 2 normal between me and my wife. With time I will see how to reconcile with my MIL. I wish you all HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad / It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family / How Not To Train Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.