Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return (55423 Views)

Fashola Visits Main Bridge Of The Bonny-Bodo Road Project (Photos) / My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry / Ogun Bridge In Panseke Adigbe, Longest Pedestrian Bridge AKA Bridge Of Confusion (2) (3) (4)

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by cdyfoundation(m): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
Toby009:
More...

1. Champion breweries.
2. Ibeno beach up and close
3. Trying out some a local delicacy - Afang and Garri
4. Ibom Tropicana

See the mountain of Eba (Garri) wey dey her front.

Zech 4:7
Zerubbabel, that mountain in front of you will be leveled to the ground. Then you will bring out the temple's most important stone and shout, "God has been very kind."

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Ryan03(f): 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
Just by looking at the pix of that bridge, I can feel the fear of the slaves that walked on it embarassed

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by sapientia(m): 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
If you have never been on a trip.

Try it.
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by KwaraRat: 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2020
Uyo and Calabar are the only civilized states left in Nigeria

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by DModeCntStopMe: 12:19pm On Mar 09, 2020

Amalgamation house - where the beginning of the end of Nigeria was signed

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by baysol: 12:19pm On Mar 09, 2020
Toby009:
So a few months ago, I and two of the most amazing and vibe filled travel buddies took a trip down to the South-southern state of Akwa-Ibom.

We decided to explore some of the hidden gems in the city and of course we had to document every bit of it!

Is Uyo worth visiting? Is it just all hype ??

Watch and Enjoy the full video YouTube��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHk8jKJS84k

Photos
1. At the Amalgamation House in Ikot Abasi
2. At Ibeno Beach, Ibeno
3. Plaza roundabout from an overhead bridge
4. At the women war memorial museum.

Why so much dilapidation? why so much nonchalance in our society and uncaring attitude towards our common history. The only thing a black man care about is money with nothing to show for it than corruption, nepotism and evil.

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by idonhammer: 12:19pm On Mar 09, 2020
That guy ugly no be small.which kind dirty leg be that? To make it worst he is even posing as a fine boy. grin grin

buygala:
That second picture of graphic please cry

Why is that guy's leg looking like that of a burnt goat

Common Pears Lotion, he cannot buy...Now see the kind of dirty leg he is showing the entire world sad

*spits angry

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by luap1990(m): 12:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
to care for your elderly parents, if you are not around. Then Omisina Memorial Aged home is the best home, we care for the physical and emotional needs of our aged. Locate us today @ 6, Alabiyamo Avenue Old Bodija or call us on 08137801264 or email me @ okeleyepaul@ymail.com. Thank you as we await to treat your aged with care
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Ramos16(m): 12:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
You can't go to such a historically sad place and be smiling up and down, did you go there just for Instagram or did you actually wanted to gain understanding

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Dpharisee: 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
Stop reminding us of Lord Luggard and the amalgamation. So many lives have been lost because of the gimmicks he left behind angry angry angry

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
OK oooo
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by powerhouse3(m): 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
cool place ,

just tell the local that your are new there and on a research purpose and watch how FREE stuff will fall ,right ,left and centre on you...

Enjoy your stay,and may the remark about my people be fair .....Thump up op...

Adventure alone get me hard on and org*sm

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by joshualarry32: 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
the Eba way that girl put for her front catch my attention, she go finish am? kia
for your NYSC de. and re contact me
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by seanwilliam(m): 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ipisi:
Hmm

That guy's leg in the second picture though is scary � ooo
bobo I first fear fear, the guy na from togo grin

Nice thread though

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by allandutch: 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
cdyfoundation:

See the mountain of Eba (Garri) wey dey her front.

As in ehn... I shock
And see the babe wey wan chop am sef, see as she slim.
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by seanwilliam(m): 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
idonhammer:
That guy ugly no be small.which kind dirty leg be that? To make it worst he is even posing as a fine boy. grin grin

he is black and shine.. I like him vibe sha..watch as nairaland girls go bombard him

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by seanwilliam(m): 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
allandutch:

As in ehn...
And see the babe wey wan chop am sef, see as she slim.
u called that one slim??
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by allandutch: 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
seanwilliam:
u called that one slim??
She fat??
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by FocusedB1h(f): 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ramos16:
You can't go to such a historically sad place and be smiling up and down, did you go there just for Instagram or did you actually wanted to gain understanding
Lol, I thought the same too. They looked so gleeful, smh.

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Olufemi786(m): 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
Petyprincess:
This is nice,i wish to visit outside Lagos again,i've only visited akure when i wanted to write my jamb.
I can take you on a tour to Osun state for some sightseeing.

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
Mstick:
Dear Nigerian immigration, my daughter died last night and I am so heartbroken.

I paid for a passport since last year and I have been told no booklet.

I've gone to meet the PASSPORT OFFICER I've called and called the complaint team in Abuja, I even cried speaking to one of your officers called IBB and she asked to go and cry to the PCO!

nothing works in this country absolutely nothing.

We need this passport to fly her for surgery in Dubai since last year. Thank you buhari! Thank you babadende!

I created this thread and I begged the mods to post it because I was desperate and they never did.
Thank you all!

Sorry...����

God be with you...

So sad

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by seanwilliam(m): 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2020
And that wura get ojukokoro haba, she still dey chop from the togo guy's food.. grin
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by anonimi: 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ipisi:
Hmm

The effects of too much booze and too little personal hygiene

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by seanwilliam(m): 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ramos16:
so they should be crying??
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by DaddyMorenike: 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
Babes, na only you chop that Eba finish??
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
buygala:
That second picture of graphic please cry

Why is that guy's leg looking like that of a burnt goat

Common Pears Lotion, he cannot buy...Now see the kind of dirty leg he is showing the entire world sad

*spits angry

Lool..

No chills

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by soullove1881(m): 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
Hadampson:

If you have Akwa ibom pictures, please share it with us wink

Akwa Ibom state is cool to live in if you have something tangible doing.
Thanks for taking your time for this video.

My short story in regards to AKS.
I served in Akwa Ibom state and in ibeno to be precise, so after NYSC I decided to reside in Akwa Ibom state but Eket. 2 months later, I noticed that the cost of living and house rent in Eket is similar to Uyo which I didn't think twice before migrating to Uyo. Woah! Uyo is beautiful!!!

Later, I will try & drop some pictures as requested.

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
Toby009:
1. Lord Lugard's Colonial office, Ikot Abasi
2. Slaves prison
3&4.Bridge of no return

OP, next time it's "Slave Quarters". The slaves were not prisoners you know?

At least, a vast majority of them were not there on the basis of committing any crime.

I hope you understand.
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by AnanseK(m): 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ipisi:
Hmm

Yes, we have spoken about Yam legs before, but this one shocked is it cassava leg or what

Iyere Flyover: Umahi Inspects Construction Of Longest Flyover In Nigeria / Car Carrying Another Car In Ketu, Lagos / Lady Thrown Out Of A Moving Car In Niger State (Pictures)