Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,957 members, 7,956,599 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:58 PM

A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return (55832 Views)

Fashola Visits Main Bridge Of The Bonny-Bodo Road Project (Photos) / My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry / Ogun Bridge In Panseke Adigbe, Longest Pedestrian Bridge AKA Bridge Of Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Ramos16(m): 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
seanwilliam:
thank you for proving your stupidity and senselessness to me.. how does my post portray inconsideration for others feeling?? You are very daft honestly...

You inability to comprehend the validity of my concern goes a long way to to prove my earlier assertion about your insensitivity and selfishness
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by seanwilliam(m): 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ramos16:

You inability to comprehend the validity of my concern goes a long way to to prove my earlier assertion about your insensitivity and selfishness
well I have no option than to leave you to bask in foolishness
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Ebenezer2021(m): 12:11am On Mar 10, 2020
gentlegenius:

So you visited my hometown without informing me?
That Amalgamation house and Women War Memorial hall is not far from where I lived.
Next time you come around, just inform me so that I can take you to Aluminum Smelter Company and into the Atlantic Ocean.
Ikot Abasi is an awesome place to be.
i dey Uyo oh.
Do they have palmwine and dog meat over there?
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by cooldipo(m): 5:43am On Mar 10, 2020
Look at the state of these memorial structures that should jolt our minds to rewriting the wrong of the past.

These are as important as the Aso Rock and National Assembly Building for any nation that is alive to its responsibility.

I recommend this building are privatized or given to the local community to restore and manage to generate tourism derived income.

Similar things that exist in our sister country was the main point of attraction for their Year of Return Tourism Campaign that made it look like all the slaves that left Africa exited from their country. Badagry has something similar to this slave trade past too.

Government at the central cannot take proper care of monuments that is mile away from them. Their income is not even dependent on these monuments. The tourism potential here is enormous!

Nigeria wake up! Government at all level is a charade!
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by megatran(m): 6:54am On Mar 10, 2020
mtinfx:

lol
you were scammed
with 500k na ewet housing you for stay or even shelter
udo udoma is a banking layout , plus residential security in that axis is poor, wont recommend to anyone
I wasn't scammed bro. To further buttress your claim, could you point out an ad indicating two bedroom flat for rent at 500k around those areas? Then everyone would be more enlightened and I will stand corrected.
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Olufemi786(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
Petyprincess:

That's my hometown bt my mama doesn't allow to visit there since i was a babycry

Let talk in private so as to know you better
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Irore: 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
nurez305:
Great... most expecially the garri and afang soup picture
This garri and afang soup. Hope this lady is not trying to commit suicide with this mountain of Eba.
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Vabasi(m): 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2020
nlPoster:
So much history.

op could you tell us what brought about this visit, casual or research stuff?

What is the women's war memorial? Is it the Aba one?

The Aba Women Riot actually happened in Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom State; hence, the memorial.
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by gentlegenius(m): 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
i dey Uyo oh.
Do they have palmwine and dog meat over there?
Hahahaha...
We have better dog meat here, but the palm wine here is not very fresh.
I will be in Uyo this weekend.
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by gassbee: 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2020
Vabasi:

The Aba Women Riot actually happened in Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom State; hence, the memorial.
so why is it called Aba Women riot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos That Looks Fake But Are Really Real... / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? / Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.