Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Contraceptives And Single Ladies - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Contraceptives And Single Ladies (2933 Views)

Married Men, What Is Your Experience With Single Ladies? / Couple With 5 Kids 'Sad' As Wife On Contraceptives Gives Birth To Quadruplets / Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2020
Just a thought.
Rather than taking postinor out of panic which disrupts the system while don't ladies go for temporal long lasting more effective contraceptives like IUD especially and the rest. Especially sexual active ladies. When such is combined with correct condom use that's a complete definition of sexual peace of mind.
Though we are hypocritical in this part of the world however rather than disrupting your system and exposing yourself to abortion decision making trauma and the likes.
I recommend it to every sexual active lady.
NLs what do you guys think.

2 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by donbachi(m): 11:53am On Mar 07, 2020
Dem dey craze?..u 4get sey na pregnancy many of dem dey use hold guys down..."i don get belle".

4 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
donbachi:
Dem dey craze?..u 4get sey na pregnancy many of dem dey use hold guys down..."i don get belle".

Na their self them dy do be that.

1 Like

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
See ehn, let’s leave hypocrisy aside.

Let’s all return to how things used to be in the beginning. Let the things meant for marriage be done only in marriage.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Let’s all return to how things used to be in the beginning. Let the things meant for marriage be done only in marriage.

I support your motion. Let sex be saved for marriage.

6 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by LadySarah: 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
What if sex is removed?
What if the man ties his balls temporarily?

5 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Both gender wouldn't agree to this...
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

We are in the era of test driving!

1 Like

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
LadySarah:
What if sex is removed?
What if the man ties his balls temporarily?

Who suffers the most if both gender refuses to make such a sacrifice.
That gives me an idea.
Guys can tie their seminal tube instead, that way no body will tie you down with unwanted pregnancy.
Let me find out the cost.

1 Like

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by OlawaleBammie: 9:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Hmm,
hmmmmm
hmmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by nlPoster: 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
DicklyD:
Just a thought.
Rather than taking postinor out of panic which disrupts the system while don't ladies go for temporal long lasting more effective contraceptives like IUD especially and the rest. Especially sexual active ladies. When such is combined with correct condom use that's a complete definition of sexual peace of mind.
Though we are hypocritical in this part of the world however rather than disrupting your system and exposing yourself to abortion decision making trauma and the likes.

Abstinence is better if you are not married.

Salvation through Jesus Christ is also offered you.

4 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by elektra(f): 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
I think most unmarried Nigerian women do not receive any education on the different types of contraceptives available to them. Some educated women may take the initiative to visit their OBGYN for options but for the most part, family planning education is mostly only offered to women after child birth as part of post natal treatment. Condoms sef only became mainstream because of HIV prevention.

5 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Uyi168: 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Who told u in the beginning sex was reserved for marriage alone

6 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by nlPoster: 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
I think most unmarried Nigerian women do not receive any education on the different types of contraceptives available to them. The only ones they know of is condom, .

That's possible but I think while they probably know about birth control, their access to it could be limited by carelessness, embarrassment at obtaining it, societal disapproval, or some other factor.

I agree many unmarried Nigerian women might not be aware of contraceptive methods though. Or have insufficient knowledge.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

UyaiIncomparabl:

After you've thoroughly done it to your satisfaction premaritally with different men, now you want to save it for marriage? What, are you tired?

6 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
Nnaabros:

After you've thoroughly done it to your satisfaction premaritally with different men, now you want to save it for marriage? What, are you tired?

I no get your time.

2 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 07, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

I no get your time.

Don't worry, I didn't give you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Westernlove: 10:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

I wish I could gba that your pancake face seriously hard, Very hypocritical somebory lol....

2 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 10:53pm On Mar 07, 2020
elektra:
I think most unmarried Nigerian women do not receive any education on the different types of contraceptives available to them. Some educated women may take the initiative to visit their OBGYN for options but for the most part, family planning education is mostly only offered to women after child birth as part of post natal treatment. Condoms sef only became mainstream because of HIV prevention.

Valid point delivered succinctly!
Thanks for your input
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 11:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
nlPoster:

That's possible but I think while they probably know about birth control, their access to it could be limited by carelessness, embarrassment at obtaining it, societal disapproval, or some other factor.

I agree many unmarried Nigerian women might not be aware of contraceptive methods though. Or have insufficient knowledge.

I beg to disagree from the emboldened,
It should be the case when going for abortion or popping in remedial action contraceptives.
The knowledge gap needs to be bridged, that's if we can first eliminate the mentality that it would encourage more careless sex. Sex is sex.
Thanks for your input.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Sixfeetbelle: 12:46am On Mar 08, 2020
Nnaabros:

Celibacy after sexual escapades can save you a lifetime of troubles. Same with masturbation and any other addictive actions.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Sixfeetbelle: 12:47am On Mar 08, 2020
Uyi168:
Who told u in the beginning sex was reserved for marriage alone

It isn't? We are not aware. Oya, you that know, educate the rest of us that don't.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by cococandy(f): 3:44am On Mar 08, 2020
The ministry of health is not even doing enough
to ensure adequate birth control

2 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 08, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Celibacy after sexual escapades can save you a lifetime of troubles. Same with masturbation and any other addictive actions.

It's unfair and annoying to a young man you expect to marry you that you have to deny him what you've been doing freely and generously with several guys, just so you can pin him down for marriage. This is also cheating.

If you've started a pattern just continue with it.

2 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Uyi168: 7:05am On Mar 08, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

It isn't? We are not aware. Oya, you that know, educate the rest of us that don't.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 08, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Exactly ,this sexual liberation has actually led to mendacity and not freedom as expected. Sometimes we set ourselves free just to go to a worse state than the previous.

Sometimes we shoot ourselves in the legs when we are loose.
Our mothers never suffered heart wrenching heartbreaks,womb damaging abortions ,deadbeat fathers and chop-and-dump syndrome.
Las las after you tell people to do with their bodies what they wish,when they have issues with it,you will not be there to comfort them.

what anyone does with his or her body has not and will never be my business.
But use your bodies responsibly else you end up vanquished.

Sex was never reserved for marriage from the beginning,it was humans that decided it was best for them to do so and it became a general ideology many accepted. Anyone who doesn't want to adapt to it has done no wrong...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 08, 2020
Nnaabros:

The irony of saving what has already been long spent. Lol.

I want to believe that they are advising the younger ones... much younger.

2 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Sixfeetbelle: 12:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
Nnaabros:

It's unfair and annoying to a young man you expect to marry you that you have to deny him what you've been doing freely and generously with several guys, just so you can pin him down for marriage. This is also cheating.

If you've started a pattern just continue with it.

You still missed the point.

The man she will marry is not a Virgin himself and it is very hypocritical of him to want to marry such.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by ednut1(m): 12:53pm On Mar 08, 2020
DicklyD:
Just a thought.
how about the men use condoms or pullout Imagine a single lady going for family planning dem go use am gossip(notice word family in the planning). Even those contraceptives cause weight gain and other complications. Some are even expensive poverty dey land o. When postinor was 300 some ladies self no fit afford am

1 Like

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by ednut1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

lets return to primitive era and wear leaves na. Even in the olden days people used to have sex codely and there was little room for freedom. A girl 200 years ago in nigeria could only go to few places like stream, farm market hence no freedom. Today freedom yapa from school to shop to where she learns trade to party

2 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
Michellekabod2:

Exactly ,this sexual liberation has actually led to mendacity and not freedom as expected. Sometimes we set ourselves free just to go to a worse state than the previous.

Sometimes we shoot ourselves in the legs when we are loose.
Our mothers never suffered heart wrenching heartbreaks,womb damaging abortions ,deadbeat fathers and chop-and-dump syndrome.
Las las after you tell people to do with their bodies what they wish,when they have issues with it,you will not be there to comfort them.

what anyone does with his or her body has not and will never be my business.
But use your bodies responsibly else you end up vanquished.

Sex was never reserved for marriage from the beginning,it was humans that decided it was best for them to do so and it became a general ideology many accepted. Anyone who doesn't want to adapt to it has done no wrong...

Chop kiss

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Oil dey your head.

The illusion called 'freedom' ehn!
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
DicklyD:
Just a thought.

It is called 'family' planning for a reason.

Ideally, people should abstain from sex.

If you now decide to chop, endure wearing condoms + other methods till you get married.

Why would a single lady want to get a contraceptive that hospitals are reluctant to give until a woman has at least two kids?

What if it develops complications?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is He Trying To Sell Me Off / Most African Parents Don't Know The Meaning Of Reflex(pix) / Should I Tell My Mom That I’m No Longer A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.