Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,327 members, 7,957,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:44 PM

Contraceptives And Single Ladies - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Contraceptives And Single Ladies (3151 Views)

Married Men, What Is Your Experience With Single Ladies? / Couple With 5 Kids 'Sad' As Wife On Contraceptives Gives Birth To Quadruplets / Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

You still missed the point.

The man she will marry is not a Virgin himself and it is very hypocritical of him to want to marry such.

OK. Noted.

My point is that only true virgins have the moral right to preach celibacy and abstinence, not people who have been eating the 'forbidden fruit' already for years.

1 Like

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by GboyegaD(m): 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
Two ways to this.

First, if you meet a lady who is single and she tells you she is on contraceptive, as a Nigerian guy, there is a high tendency of you judging her.

Second, fecundity could be one of the reasons why most of them wouldn't use contraceptive. It doesn't mean that postinor like you mentioned too isn't a concern in this but most times, it is on the mild side.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:

It is called[b] 'family' planning [/b] for a reason.

Ideally, people should abstain from sex.

If you now decide to chop, endure wearing condoms + other methods till you get married.

Why would a single lady want to get a contraceptive that hospitals are reluctant to give until a woman has at least two kids?

What if it develops complications?

Not only married people have families.
It's against the ethics of the medical profession for any one to be denied such medical care especially when the advantages out weighs the disadvantages.
In the long run the women suffers more
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

You still missed the point.

The man she will marry is not a Virgin himself and it is very hypocritical of him to want to marry such.

What you point means to me is; both partners should deny themselves sex while having it outside till they are married
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
elektra:
I think most unmarried Nigerian women do not receive any education on the different types of contraceptives available to them. Some educated women may take the initiative to visit their OBGYN for options but for the most part, family planning education is mostly only offered to women after child birth as part of post natal treatment. Condoms sef only became mainstream because of HIV prevention.
Great insight but religious piety will never let it see the daylight.

U are not even supposed to have sex in the first place.

To study billings method is hard for lots of babes so they resort to postinor and her sisters.

As a married woman in some places like the north, it's seen as a taboo.

Nigeria jagara jagara

1 Like

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
[quote author=ednut1 post=87265061]how about the men use condoms or pullout Imagine a single lady going for family planning dem go use am gossip(notice word family in the planning). Even those contraceptives cause weight gain and other complications. Some are even expensive poverty dey land o. When postinor was 300 some ladies self no fit afford am [/quote

All your points are filled with flaws.
Condom and pull out has not been successful.
She mustn't publicize her intention to use contraceptives.
Once you choose the one contraceptive that works and suits you best, the side effects are minimal.
Will you compare the cost to combine cost of postinor she may have taken or the cost of abortion.
I am sure many guys wouldn't mind footing the bill but ladies with ulterior motives will decline.
The word family planning isn't exclusive to married people please change that mindset.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Sixfeetbelle: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
DicklyD:

What you point means to me is; both partners to be should deny themselves sex while having it outside till they are married

If that's what it means to you, by all means, continue
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
DicklyD:

We are in the era of test driving!

What's test driving?
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by ednut1(m): 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
[quote author=DicklyD post=87268593][/quote]no need to argue with u as u hv comprehension issues. The family planning i noted was to emphasize the hypocrisy in nigeria a single lady may be ridiculed. Those permanent contraceptive have side effects. U aint a woman so u cant relate with them. Condom does not.burst everytime and if it does get postinor.There is vasectomy how many nigerian guys both married or single have done it. Abroad if u gv gal belle u pay child support till his 18th birthday or go to jail. U also cant dictate for people as u no be God grin
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
ednut1:
no need to argue with u as u hv comprehension issues. The family planning i noted was to emphasize the hypocrisy in nigeria a single lady may be ridiculed. Those permanent contraceptive have side effects. U aint a woman so u cant relate with them. Condom does not.burst everytime and if it does get postinor.There is vasectomy how many nigerian guys both married or single have done it. Abroad if u gv gal belle u pay child support till his 18th birthday or go to jail. U also cant dictate for people as u no be God grin

Lol.....it's ok
Let keep deceiving ourselves.
A man has two options condom or vasectomy
While a woman has more options.
For me it's in the best interest of the women
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

What's test driving?

People want to confirm what they are "buying" before taking final decision.
Women want to confirm if he is impotent or not while the men want to be sure she is fertile.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2020
DicklyD:

Not only married people have families.
It's against the ethics of the medical profession for any one to be denied such medical care especially when the advantages out weighs the disadvantages.
In the long run the women suffers more

I thought family here meant the woman's husband + kids? (I am lumping married and cohabiting couples here).

How is contraceptive for a single woman considered medical care? Is she legally bound to have sex?

And how do single women suffer not getting contraceptives when they are not having kids?
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:

I thought family here meant the woman's husband + kids? (I am lumping married and cohabiting couples here).

How is contraceptive for a single woman considered medical care? Is she legally bound to have sex?

And how do single women suffer not getting contraceptives when they are not having kids?

Is there any law regulating when anybody should have sex.
I guess the trauma of unwanted pregnancies and abortion is shared equally by both gender.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2020
DicklyD:

Is there any law regulating when anybody should have sex.
I guess the trauma of unwanted pregnancies and abortion is shared equally by both gender.

Correct me if I am wrong,

You are male.

Leave us females to sort ourselves out till marriage. undecided

Imagine singles talking contraceptives. If you want unbridled sex so much, go and get married.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 6:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:

You are male.

Imagine singles talking contraceptives. If you want unbridled sex so much, go and get married.

Like they are not taking other forms of contraceptives and opting for abortion.
It's ok. It's clear the problem isn't awareness issues but the the typical African mentality.
It's fine to pretend there is no problem.
I am male and my options are very limited.
Just as my options are limited so is my share when a mistake happens using the commonly available preventive methods.
Vasectomy is more of a permanent method.
Will, I suggest to my lady to use contraceptives with a more assuring and lasting effect, and if she declines fine.
Unbridled sex,occasional sex. Sex is sex
If I chose to have sex I do so responsibly.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
DicklyD:

Like they are not taking other forms of contraceptives and opting for abortion.
It's ok. It's clear the problem isn't awareness issues but the the typical African mentality.
It's fine to pretend there is no problem.
I am male and my options are very limited.
Just as my options are limited so is my share when a mistake happens using the commonly available preventive methods.
Vasectomy is more of a permanent method.
Will, I suggest to my lady to use contraceptives with a more assuring and lasting effect, and if she declines fine.
Unbridled sex,occasional sex. Sex is sex
If I chose to have sex I do so responsibly.

Vasectomy is reversible.

If you are so concerned about your lady, you can explore that option.

1 Like

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by emmaodet: 8:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:

You are male.

Believe me, marriage don't give much sexx as you think.
Marriage is more of responsibilities and that is why singles fvck more than married on average because they don't think nor worry much, parents are there to take care of their bills.

4 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
emmaodet:

Believe me, marriage don't give much sexx as you think.
Marriage is more of responsibilities and that is why singles fvck more than married on average because they don't think nor worry much, parents are there to take care of their bills.

Sex in marriage is fun of both are in sync.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by emmaodet: 8:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:

I know but with time, when the bills start growing from having children to entrying primary, secondary and university coupled with events like weddings, family burial, buying land and building house, saving to buy car for family and maintenance, parents calling for emergency medical help etc you will lose appetite for sex.
That is why university students are the most active when it comes to sex because won ni ironu until they graduate and Life hits them Sooooo Hard on the face.

2 Likes

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by CsRockefeller(m): 8:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

I support your motion. Let sex be saved for marriage.

See who is supporting

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 8:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
emmaodet:

I know but with time, when the bills start growing from having children to entrying primary, secondary and university coupled with events like weddings, family burial, buying land and building house, saving to buy car for family and maintenance, parents calling for emergency medical help etc you will lose appetite for sex.
That is why university students are the most active when it comes to sex because won ni ironu until they graduate and Life hits them Sooooo Hard on the face.

Even with the bills which is a part of life, you guys can still have a go at it like rabbits
https://media./media/l41lUu4B3s5FwBxmM/giphy.gif

Modified: my gif is not showing joor.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by Omar09(m): 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Marriage itself is boring.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by bukatyne(f): 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
Omar09:

Marriage itself is boring.

Marriage just like life is what you make of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by CsRockefeller(m): 9:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
bukatyne:

Marriage just like life is what you make of it.
This is deep
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2020
elektra:
I think most unmarried Nigerian women do not receive any education on the different types of contraceptives available to them. Some educated women may take the initiative to visit their OBGYN for options but for the most part, family planning education is mostly only offered to women after child birth as part of post natal treatment. Condoms sef only became mainstream because of HIV prevention.

you nailed it, its common thing in Africa

i have observed it in my motherland zimbabwe, contraceptives are sort of reserved for married people, health workers dont encourange sexual actives youth eg university students

Sexual healthy shouldnt be treated as cultural and traditional decision but as an individual decision, there lets educate contraceptives to the youth, than having unwanted pregnancy
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2020
CsRockefeller:

See who is supporting

sad
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by ADUKKY(f): 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2020
Even among married women there is a lot of misinformation on family planning methods. I have seen many women refuse to use any family planning method because someone told them it will cause cancer or kill them. I was on IUD for 5 years and I just replaced it with 8 years last week. I have a friend who had it for 3 years, removed it, had her baby and fixed another one.
The ministry of health needs to do more in educating Nigerians on the need for family planning.
Re: Contraceptives And Single Ladies by DicklyD: 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
ADUKKY:
Even among married women there is a lot of misinformation on family planning methods. I have seen many women refuse to use any family planning method because someone told them it will cause cancer or kill them. I was on IUD for 5 years and I just replaced it with 8 years last week. I have a friend who had it for 3 years, removed it, had her baby and fixed another one.
The ministry of health needs to do more in educating Nigerians on the need for family planning.

Thank you...it just sad that the women who get affected the most are the ones condemning it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Worried About My Nephew. / Help! / Husband ‘sues New Wife For Fraud’ After Seeing Her Without Make Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.