Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (101029 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Robot Demoted And Fired At A Supermarket In UK After A Week Of Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
PrinceDangana:

I was enjoying ur write up until i came to the last paragraph and i lost interest in what u posted,,the fact dat it work for u doesnt mean it will work for everybody,,beside ur field is always different and attractive,, so why are comparing urself to others,,,there is no job in Nigeria mr man,,how many people are employed in your family....take ur time fa..

Apologies
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by iamJ(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
philip0906:

What exactly are you on and about iamj? You've been exposed as ignorant and schooled today...

You're completely ignorant and proudly displaying it. There's no need running around the thread like a lunatic making baseless, senseless and pointless arguments.

It's better you stick to ashewo matters (ironically, isn't even your forte but atleast logic, exposure and common sense is really not needed).
no answers to questions raised

Instead attacks, smh all these plenty talk of sense and ignorance

If we check una no reach me cheesy but let's all play cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by 2Odds101(f): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
NomzyJust:

I know the firm. The name starts and ends with an A.
D also dey the name
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by philip0906(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
angelfallz:

My Google never spoil, but you're the one making arguments, so back it up.
What exactly do these devs do, which company do these Devs for?
I should back up my argument for you? You well so?

I don't get? Do you think I'm trying to prove any point to you? Or you think your ignorance in any way affects me?

You're obviously ignorant, ill exposed and not vast in matters like this, unfortunately, I can't help it and won't even oblige.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by SoliBayNG: 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2020
SoNature:

Network and price

Ntel, ngcom, wifi.com.ng. I've given you the lead, make your research
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by SweetCunt97(f): 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2020
Martinez39s:
I am happy to hear this. The oga that fired her is definitely not a woman-wrapper and simp. Some men would have excused her behaviour because she has a vagina. Good to note we still have strong men in Nigeria. grin
Shutt it jarey. Coming on NL acting all macho and all when in reality, you can't look an average girl in the eye... Mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2020
orunmila144:
YOUDONEMINIT

I HAVE NEVER BEEN FIRED. I ALWAYS FIRE MYSELF. WHEN I FEEL STRESSED I STOP COMING TO WORK. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A LOUSY JOB KEEPER. I dont think i was created to be an employee

Same here. Just walked away from my first banking job after two months resumption yesterday. My boss she has never seen a trouble child like me. grin grin

I think I am not made for this corporate life, grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by iamJ(m): 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2020
philip0906:

I don't get? Do you think I'm trying to prove any point to you? Or you think your ignorance in any way affects me?

You're obviously ignorant, ill exposed and not vast in matters like this, unfortunately, I can't help it and won't even oblige.
more insults to questions

99% of the time ignorance isn't used properly

Cause a person that is intelligent knows that calling you ignorant is a pointless rude insult, so he keeps the conversation going instead of resulting to insults

Damm I hope he understood that cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by bonetalk(m): 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
Alphaman007:
750k � and i dey collect 40k see gap. Inside life
me na 32500.... Life.... hmm but we thank God for everything
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Zealoy(m): 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
A graduate worked as a sales boy, was collecting 25k after gaining knowledge about the business after one year then quit and set up my own business, right now am my own boss, employed 5 other workers

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by APCNig: 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2020
Alphaman007:
750k � and i dey collect 40k see gap. Inside life

That's the irony of life. It can be two different people with the same qualification, experience and IQ, but one person salary may just be 5% of the other person's salary. There is not explanation for this, that is why we will say "na God dey do am"

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by shamsin6300(m): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2020
[quote author=oluwaseyi000 post=87240908][color=#990000]
Why we were fired?
I joined this company last year, few days after finishing my NYSC, they have the highest number of software developers in Africa and I was loving life, the salary is great with breakfast and lunch

Sir. What if I am a computer literate but didn't study computer, do I stand a chance for such opportunities or has to be only computer software developers?
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by philip0906(m): 4:09pm On Mar 07, 2020
iamJ:
more insults to questions

99% ignorance isn't used properly
Young man, hop the fvck outta my mentions...I can't help your ignorance please.

The ONLY reason why I even started the argument with you, was I wrongly assumed you knew even to the basics anything about tech.

Unfortunately, you don't know jack with your senseless posits.

So please, hop the fvck outta my mentions

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by 77up(m): 4:09pm On Mar 07, 2020
oluwaseyi000:

Why we were fired?
I joined this company last year, few days after finishing my NYSC, they have the highest number of software developers in Africa and I was loving life, the salary is great with breakfast and lunch

They keep on employing so many software engineer with time the engineer become more than the available job, I saw it coming but I don't know what the board was thinking

2. How did the firing process happen?
We have a global (online) meeting which people are asked not to miss, I was not even listening very well to what they are saying, the president said there are more developer than engagement to they have to let some people go, a mail was sent to all impacted people and I discovered what has just happened

Almost 400 people has been fired across Africa

3. Aftermath of being fired… how did you feel, have you recovered, did you get something better?

The company is actually a great one, they brought in pychologist to speak with us, bring in different recruiter, and other stuff, most importantly the payoff was reasonable that I can afford a Mac laptop of almost half-a-million

Luckily for me I got another reasonable job in less than 3 weeks of been retrenched

I always laugh when people complain there is no job in Nigeria, less than 5 month after leaving my previous company I have turned down almost 4 other offers some even paying than my current one

I so much saw the retrenchment coming that I once created a similar thread as this https://www.nairaland.com/5352267/why-how-loose-last-job
Not that there is no job but experience matters bro.
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by iamJ(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2020
Zealoy:
A graduate worked as a sales boy, was collecting 25k after gaining knowledge about the business after one year then quit and set up my own business, right now am my own boss, employed 5 other workers
well b4 you praise yourself

The pay you pay all your workers might be equal or less than what some people pay their house girl

Employing plenty people doesn't mean that ure made, only during slave times was such statement used to brag

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by tonididdy(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2020
oluwaseyi000:

Why we were fired?

They keep on employing so many software engineer with time the engineer become more than the available job, I saw it coming but I don't know what the board was thinking

We have a global (online) meeting which people are asked not to miss, I was not even listening very well to what they are saying, the president said there are more developer than engagement to they have to let some people go, a mail was sent to all impacted people and I discovered what has just happened

Almost 400 people has been fired across Africa

3. Aftermath of being fired… how did you feel, have you recovered, did you get something better?

The company is actually a great one, they brought in pychologist to speak with us, bring in different recruiter, and other stuff, most importantly the payoff was reasonable that I can afford a Mac laptop of almost half-a-million

Luckily for me I got another reasonable job in less than 3 weeks of been retrenched

I always laugh when people complain there is no job in Nigeria, less than 5 month after leaving my previous company I have turned down almost 4 other offers some even paying than my current one

I so much saw the retrenchment coming that I once created a similar thread as this https://www.nairaland.com/5352267/why-how-loose-last-job
There are no jobs in Nigeria.
Next time you receive offers, refer the companies to other jobless Nigerians and stop lying so sweetly

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by elantraceey(f): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2020
angelfallz:

You guys keep on saying there are remote companies that pay such high amount. Name such companies now, haba!!

it's one thing to name and know the company and its another thing to get hired, some of this companies that pays big, their hiring process nor be Beans, your skills and brain have to be tight, so develop yourself and you'll see all the opportunities coming.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by tonididdy(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Audio grin

I swear grin
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by philip0906(m): 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2020
tonididdy:

There are no jobs in Nigeria.
Next time you receive offers, refer the companies to other jobless Nigerians and stop lying so sweetly
Lol...Do you know Andela? Have you heard about Andela?

He was obviously talking about Andela and everything he stated, is as is...

It's even in the public domain.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by miqos02(m): 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2020
5tb external hard drive available in quantities

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Cooladex(m): 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2020
southniyikaye:
I believe it's never too late to start again,
If am to train, what aspect should I focus on, or what can you advice I do as a beginner
You can start with software testing. Read about it
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by FirstbornWds: 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2020
Abeos:

Let me guess Andela cheesy

Lol. It definitely has to be Andela. The description says it all. I could be wrong though
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2020
have never been sacked. i alwats sack myselg
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Zealoy(m): 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
iamJ:
well b4 you praise yourself

The pay you pay all your workers might be equal or less than what some people pay their house girl

Employing plenty people doesn't mean that ure made, only during slave times was such statement used to brag
i pay them more than what most graduate correct and am proud to be an employer of labour.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by IMO01: 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
MrDebonair:
Don't see why people find it hard to believe op was on 750k per calendar month. What of those on over 1.9 mill per month.

Power to get wealth is part of the covenant.

Please explain
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Guest911: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
2kaybiel:
I know about the company. On what ground are laying off this time around?
The company has shifted focus into hiring senior level engineers as a response to market demand. Otherwise they might remain unprofitable

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by iamJ(m): 4:16pm On Mar 07, 2020
When he asked what is audio cheesy

Like I'm a geek

What does pop culture references mean cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by iamJ(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2020
miqos02:
Come let's deal
the reason people always price your product down is because of that picture

Get a better picture of the product

I have a few ideas but if you dont know how to get the attention of customers you have no business doing business

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by FirstbornWds: 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
philip0906:

Jesus... I can't believe you responded to his last comment. Someone that doesn't even know a hoot about what Devs do or operate is asking you senseless questions. Please, try as much as you can to avoid these people. They'd bring you down to their level and rub you with senselessness until you won't even be able to feel your intellect anymore

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
Mrshape:
mine: I was not fired but I loss the job because of let me say greediness on my part.
I am a mathematics teacher I do private lessons,
So this woman called me for lesson, I billed her 100K per month (three times a week one hour thirty minutes each)

She begged for #60,000 I said no my last is 80K
(i don't know the spirit that was speaking on my behalf because I know that was not me, maybe the spirit of one of those motivational speakers saying never settle for less)

Because my current lessons are far below her offer at that time.

When I reach house the regret I have, I have never had that in my life, well, it was a lesson that helped me in future negotiations
Lolz @ motivational speakers!
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by armadeo(m): 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
elantraceey:

There are people in this country earning more than that legitimately that you have no idea about.

That guy doesn't know what's up.

I never ever comment on such issues.

Though the hunger is real some quiet dudes are milking the naira legally and steadily for all its worth.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by MARX77(m): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
CokeBar:
Share your experience with us if you have ever been fired. It would be better if we can share:

1. Why we were fired?

So, I’ll start:

Sometimes last year, I got an unbelievable offer (well above #750k) at a remote company. I bought a PC, subscribed for large data and set-up a workspace. On Monday which was resumption day, I turned on my PC, logged in and started the online meeting… everything went well for the first day and I got introduced to my colleagues. My friend and I actually got employed for same position, so we usually chatted while working. To be onboarded, we had to install a productivity monitoring tool on our PCs, we were told everything we did on the PC would be captured if the tool was turned ON but I really don’t know why I cared less.

On Wednesday same week, we had a short and simple test, during the test, I asked my friend for an answer as I wasn’t so sure, he responded and that was it.

On Thursday, I had a quick one-on-one call with my manager, I was fired. Apparently, I wasn’t supposed to ask for assistance while taking the test. I apologized but the answer was a straight NO (you sabi how oyinbo people strict). So in other words, I was sacked because I cheated ☹.

Well, they paid me for the few days I worked �

I have experienced other sad situations, but this has to be the worst. I was so depressed, the following Sunday, I went to Church and it was while Pastor asked us to greet our neighbor, I remembered I didn’t brush… LMAO.

Now, I got something with abit lesser pay but still very chilled grin

My dear, what you installed was not a "productivity monitoring" tool. It was just a MONITORING tool for cases like what happened. So sorry about it though.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / Salary Range Of Microfinance Bank Workers / Sacked Chicken Republic Dancers At A University In Cyprus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.