Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) (77461 Views)

I'm Addicted To Pentazocine, Please Help Me!!! (Warning Graphics Photos) / How I Extracted My Damaged Tooth (graphics Photos) / India Man Chews Off Snake's Head In Revenge After Snake Bite – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Vic74real: 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
Instead of rushing him to the hospital.una no dey watch NaGeoWild?
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Ndek: 10:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
fabulouskeem:
Puff adhder very deadly
Not a puff Adder, it's a gaboon viper
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Ndek: 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2020
adecz:
sad angry angry

A Puff adder!! shocked shocked shocked

Very dangerous, but
makes nice pepper soup..

Its moves in a straight line
like a slow moving train!!

Short, fat & deadly,
a painful death by village people!! undecided
It's a gaboon viper
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Ndek: 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2020
Guestuser:

Oga stop typing nonsense up and down .
I know at least 3 people that were bitten by poisonous snake and they survived !
Anti venom are readily available in most hospitals .
Nigerians and fake news . Eh!
Spreading fake news with so much energy . Abah !
What do you stand to gain ?
The 3 people you know could have gotten a dry bite (they didn't give the snake a matches cut).
If an adult gaboon viper or puff adder gives you a wet bite in a Nigerian village like the one pictured, you're dead.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Olamide5717(m): 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
That's a puff adda not a viper

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by sweetjohn(m): 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
anonymousghost2:

Abeg shut up
Ogbeni! Go and research about snake and leave me alone
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by MansoryMX(m): 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

They are not the deadliest..what makes them fearsome is the deep bite they deliver because of their long fangs..they have the longest known fang in the snake kingdom.

Isn’t that what I just said? cheesy
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Akhagbenidestin(m): 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2020
He follow ancestors drag land
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by MansoryMX(m): 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
Sluacoast:

You forgot to add hooknose sea snake. This one dangerous die

That one na no go area o. That snake venom is out of this world. cheesy
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by mechanics(m): 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
So sad, I don't why some people keep eating snakes knowing fully well that they are poisonous.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by tyup(m): 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
ZaramT:

Igbo guy envious of your bitter life No matter what success means to you (even in your own terms) you know we are always ahead. That explains the hatred.

do you know what hatred is?
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by ZaramT: 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
You just invited amadioha to yourself and sadly, you involved your lineage. Congratulations, your stupidity has finally caught up with you and your lineage. You are gone

Gforce2015:

You don't say amadioha also dey kill your lineage. Many have gone in your lineage recently and many will still perish among you. Don't worry, it will soon reach your turn to be stricken with amadiohah.
Tueh to your generation..osu!
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by MansoryMX(m): 10:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
Olamide5717:
That's a puff adda not a viper

That’s not a puff adder. It’s a Gaboon viper.

Pic 1 puff adder

Pic 2 Gaboon viper.

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by mashad(m): 10:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:
They should have tied the hand and cut it off to avoid spreading. Better to lose a hand than life. We need to be proactive in this country. Too many weak brains here.

Sweetcunt indeed
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Guestuser: 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
tiredoflife:

Oga did u read at all to reason
Or u read to comment
I said u need the venom of the snake to make anti venom
If u dont have a ready made anti venom
The person dies
Read to understand
Ori e ti daru
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Guestuser: 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
Xisnin:

You don't know jack!
go to hell!
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Guestuser: 10:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
lepasharon:

Ikr. If snakes are native to a certain area..the hospitals around should defo have anti-venom.

I know nigeria is bad, but not that bad
Don’t mind them alarmists .
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Guestuser: 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ndek:

The 3 people you know could have gotten a dry bite (they didn't give the snake a matches cut).
If an adult gaboon viper or puff adder gives you a wet bite in a Nigerian village like the one pictured, you're dead.
Dry bite my foot !
My own younger brother stepped on a snake 5 years ago, while walking a bushy path and he was bitten !
His leg became swollen in less then 5 minutes!
We took him to a private hospital within 15 minutes and he was given anti-venom and all.
Bill wasn’t even upto 10k.
Oga stop telling me nonsense .

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Jman06(m): 11:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

What made you think hospitals in the part of the world have snakes anti venoms?

Bet you the doctors & nurses won’t be able to identify the said snake nor would they’ve the required anti venom.
There are polyvalent anti venoms that can be used for different species of snake

5 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by thorpido(m): 11:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
CyberWolf:
Thats puff adder not Gabon viper
Those rectangular markings like on an Express road is distinctive of a Gaboon viper.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by topboss1: 11:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
Honeydenz:
Reminds me of 2016 when I was bitten by a snake...nearly died. Thinking of all I have been thru and still breathing, whoever say there's no God somewhere is a fat liar!?!

How did u get bitten by a snake? Did it get in from the toilet or u went playing in the bushes? sad
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by SweetCunt97(f): 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
mashad:

Sweetcunt indeed
Quite d bitter cunt in reality actually... Years of eating bitter kola can do that.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by SweetCunt97(f): 11:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
GeorgeTheCoder:

I just told you your contribution was stupid and you still persist in airing it. Are you reta.rded or something ?
OH, a close minded code, typical. I've simply bested you. Where d fvck would they have gotten an antivenin of gaboon viper in a remote village in Abia? Instead of calling my contribution stupid, why don't you counter it with a better idea. Offcourse band wagon suggestion of taking him to d hospital like una keep antivenin for there.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by SweetCunt97(f): 11:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
Jman06:
There are polyvalent anti venoms that can be used for different species of snake
Unless that and who knows if the health center in that village would have had one in storage... Wonder d distance to a general hospital... Such venomous bite need fast attention
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by SweetCunt97(f): 11:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
morgan844:

some year ago the same snake bite my father while we were going to farm. what my father did was to cut the exact place the snake bite him and blood was gushing out that was how my father escaped death
GeorgeTheCoder oya come and see a testimony... Ajayi wey no sabi claiming shit. U may b an expect in whatever field u find yourself but definitely an illiterate in some you know nothing about. Abeg Kukuma Carry your L in peace.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Jman06(m): 11:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Unless that and who knows if the health center in that village would have had one in storage... Wonder d distance to a general hospital... Such venomous bite need fast attention
Exactly
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Wallace2107: 12:02am On Mar 08, 2020
KingGBsky:

U really crazy I swear.
You no get heart.
no mind the bastard
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by stasius: 12:09am On Mar 08, 2020
Igbo people and their love for native/ herbal homes.

Tụfịakwa! Ignorance is bad. When there are hospitals everywhere.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Redman44(m): 12:13am On Mar 08, 2020
I hate stories about Snakes and Snakes themselves. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad. My family members and I will not die of snake bites in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by kenx1(m): 12:34am On Mar 08, 2020
Guestuser:

Dry bite my foot !
My own younger brother stepped on a snake 5 years ago, while walking a bushy path and he was bitten !
His leg became swollen in less then 5 minutes!
We took him to a private hospital within 15 minutes and he was given anti-venom and all.
Bill wasn’t even upto 10k.
Oga stop telling me nonsense .

Which state?
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Guestuser: 12:55am On Mar 08, 2020
kenx1:

Which state?
Osun
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:00am On Mar 08, 2020
Jman06:

You never answered my question.
What made you think the hospitals around him have anti venom?

Don’t you know how Nigeria hospital work?
The worse case they refer you to teaching hospital.

I can bet my balls none of the hospitals around him or that state has any anti venom.
And if it they did i trust the hospitals to demand for payment before commencing treatment & of ofcos delayed time would definitely lead to death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Burnt My Chest After Using Harsh Chemicals On It (Graphic) / Kano Man Found Alive After ‘drowning’ 30 Years Ago / Coronavirus: Wuhan Reopens After 2-Month Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.