Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,256 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) (77452 Views)

I'm Addicted To Pentazocine, Please Help Me!!! (Warning Graphics Photos) / How I Extracted My Damaged Tooth (graphics Photos) / India Man Chews Off Snake's Head In Revenge After Snake Bite – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Blackmiserable(m): 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
Barrywilly:
He should be buried immediately bc the snake venom will digest him inside out. What a stupid decision not to rush him to the hospital immediately

@bold: What do you mean?
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by yahoosurepass(m): 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
tyup:
Gaboon viper......ain't no joke when you see such snakes around, very gentle but having the most deadly venom

shocked but Igbos and fake things sha......even anti poison dem go still dey do and sell the fake one. nawa o

now our lovely brother have died now verry painful sad

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by buzorcharles(m): 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
bigiyaro:
una for go hospital nah! RIP to the dead.

Which hospital get that snake anti venom here for naija. Even is dey get am den go still carry cobra anti venom inject the guy

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by backnbeta(f): 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
Some people will still say don't kill snakes undecided
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by BULLIONVAN4(m): 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
sweetjohn:
But snakes don't go about biting people. They only bite in self defence when you first attack them
you don't wait until snakes start going about biting people....
That's why we don't want it around the environment to avoid attacking it unknowingly because mostatimes, the snakes normally hides to a place where you can't see it waiting for the unlucky human that'll attack first.

And I strongly believe that if the man had seen it, he'd been alive this minute

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by CXLVII: 8:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
Barrywilly:
He should be buried immediately bc the snake venom will digest him inside out. What a stupid decision not to rush him to the hospital immediately

I can bet my life they don't have the anti venom of that snake.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
that's a gaboon viper.. how ignorant can people be?? one of the most poisonous snakes in the world

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by deavicky(m): 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2020
Davash222:
Animal activists, shey una see why we dey kill snake anytime we come across them. these creatures are dangerous, once they trespass to your territory, kill them!! Don't listen to any nonsense animal activists.
sometimes I truly wish they can kill the whole snake in the world. Let none remain.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Monday60655(m): 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2020
Chai! You people just killed this man with the aid of the so called "native doctor". Why don't take him to the hospital for ESR diagnosis and immediate treatment.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
Igbo culture does not permit killing snakes. So, if you don't kill the snake, the snake will kill you. Shekinah! But for us on the Westside, we kill anything call snakes.
Igbo people, enjoy your living snakes while it keeps killing you...
RIP to the dead
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Onlyonebuhari: 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
This snake hardly bite if you don't offend it. Whenever it bites, it can kill a 70kg man in 30 seconds.
Viper: most gentle and dangerous.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Sluacoast(m): 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
Baroba:

But the speed, venom toxicityand aggression of the mamba makes them a far more dangerous snake to encounter...You will rather handle a taipan than a mamba trust me.
We are talking about the venom here. Yess, I'd prefer to meet any of these than encountering a mamba because of their aggressiveness
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
Barrywilly:

What made you think hospitals in the part of the world have snakes anti venoms?

Bet you the doctors & nurses won’t be able to identify the said snake nor would they’ve the required anti venom.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by ZaramT: 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
tyup:
Gaboon viper......ain't no joke when you see such snakes around, very gentle but having the most deadly venom

shocked but Igbos and fake things sha......even anti poison dem go still dey do and sell the fake one. nawa o

now our lovely brother have died now verry painful sad

And now you are celebrating his death, continue. It will sure come to you.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by ZaramT: 8:36pm On Mar 07, 2020
deebrain:
Kill them all.

I mean the snakes.

We know exactly what you mean. Ken sarowiwa's fate will befall you.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by tyup(m): 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
ZaramT:

You should not always allow emotions speak for you......in no way was I celebrating the death of anybody you'll tell

Nothing but good things are the only thing that would surely come to me
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by ZaramT: 8:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
Gforce2015:
Igbo culture does not permit killing snakes. So, if you don't kill the snake, the snake will kill you. Shekinah! But for us on the Westside, we kill anything call snakes.
Igbo people, enjoy your living snakes while it keeps killing you...
RIP to the dead
h

Unfortunately the venomous snake killed an Igbo man. RIP to him.
But stupidity and cowardice keep killing people from your so called West. It's just a matter of time before it gets to your turn.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
MrSensor:
senseless.
Ok
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by ZaramT: 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
tyup:

That's how you identify Igbos.......what else do you expect undecided

Your hatred for Igbos will keep making your life miserable.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by vaca1: 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2020
tyup:

That's how you identify Igbos.......what else do you expect undecided
Ode
You think if you add ipob to your post, you will get likes baa?
Sorry be your name.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by tyup(m): 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2020
ZaramT:

calm down.......I'm no saddist like you've wished for
I'm very sure you'd be envious of my young success
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Kylekent59: 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2020
A Butterfly viper (Bitis Nacicornis)

Please and please, it is not a Garbon viper, but a butterfly viper.

Found in west Africa. Nigeria as we all know is located in the west of Africa.

First and foremost, that snake is a viper family (puff adder), puff adders are usually gentle, calm and highly venomous. They have a very long fangs and they bite with a very powerful stretch( they open their mouths very wide and deliver a powerful bite)

If untreated, could lead to death; just like the diseased. it venom travels through the veins, and when comes incontact with the body tissues, it swells, freezes the blood, shorts breathing process, decrease oxygen in the blood,sometimes can cause bleeding through the noses, mouth, even the ears.

Now let's reason on the horrorful scenario.

The man might have not know the presence of the snake.

The snake might have seen him, but he didn't know.

He cuts the grass not knowing he has cut the snake, and when you cut a snake, it aim for anything it can bite even itself.

Now the man was unlucky, the snake bit him.

Observations :

If the man was in the bush only him when the snake bit him, how long did it take before a rescue came?

Now the venom has travelled into his bloodstream and going to his heart.

Did anyone ask him the particular snake that bit him?

If he could identify the snake, then the anti venom should be ready as there might be cases of the same scenario.

Now the native doctor gave him the anti venom he has which wasn't meant for viper victims.

The people gathering created more panic in him.

When a snake has bitten someone, he /she doesn't need to panic or stresses oneself, when you stress or panic, out of fear, your heart beats faster which draws more blood. The venom travels 2 times it normal time.

As a result of fear, it was already late.

The native doctor did his best, I think he was brought when the venom had reached his heart. ( for those abusing the native doctor and saying hospital would have been better. Once the venom travels to the heart, no more hope. Hospital can't save)

Advice to people who clear bushes or do environment within the surroundings.

Always use a long stick to shake the bush, heaps, and also trees before clearing.

Throwing of stones to scare away any bad animal.

putting on safety boots, protective gloves...etc

Getting a cat as a pet to walk round the environment with you( make sure you tie it's neck just like they do to dogs)

8 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by michealdeco: 9:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
CyberWolf:
Thats puff adder not Gabon viper
it's not a puff adder neither is it a Gabon viper

Though I've forgotten the name of the snake
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by anonymousghost2(m): 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
sweetjohn:
But snakes don't go about biting people. They only bite in self defence when you first attack them

Abeg shut up
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by yeman1(m): 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
Oh my gosh! What stupid herbalist is that?? Instead of going to d hospital,, u now went to a native doctor that even if that snake bit him.. he can't stay alive.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Kylekent59: 9:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
michealdeco:
it's not a puff adder neither is it a Gabon viper

Though I've forgotten the name of the snake

A butterfly viper is the name.

After that white line you see something like a brown dark trianglar shape.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by supercase1(m): 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
Focusmind:
He died because he is a Nigerian and lived in a country with weak health system.

He wouldn't have died if he was a South African or lives there.

When I watch NatGeo wide! I see how dogs are treated of snakes bite talk more of humans.

Our life expectancy in this part of the world is indeed low.

Don't blame those migrating out of Nigeria to Canada and other countries.

Security of life, high life expectancy, good medical care and assured future are the motivation.

Rest In Peace young man. Your nation failed you.
U need venom from a particular snake to be able to make an antisnake venom !!!
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by okoroemeka(m): 9:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
Barrywilly:
even if he is rushed to the hospital will they have the correct anti vennom,a bit by a gaboon viper that big is a death sentence,the reptile is a living breathing land mine.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by ZaramT: 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
tyup:

calm down.......I'm no saddist like you've wished for

I'm very sure you'd be envious of my young success

Igbo guy envious of your bitter life No matter what success means to you (even in your own terms) you know we are always ahead. That explains the hatred.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by kings59: 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
okoroemeka:
even if he is rushed to the hospital will they have the correct anti vennom,a bit by a gaboon viper that big is a death sentence,the reptile is a living breathing land mine.
supercase1:

U need venom from a particular snake to be able to make an antisnake venom !!!
anonymousghost2:

Abeg shut up
yeman1:
Oh my gosh! What stupid herbalist is that?? Instead of going to d hospital,, u now went to a native doctor that even if that snake bit him.. he can't stay alive.
ZaramT:

calgenius:
Ok
ZaramT:

ZaramT:

noobsaibot2:
That snake no get mercy... Viper.... Lalasticlal sef

Kylekent59 got it right.

I have observed the pic and it is the same as the one that bit the man. Garbon viper has white square but no triangular brown shape follows the white squared shape.

Definitely a butterfly viper found in west africa.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2020
ZaramT:
h

Unfortunately the venomous snake killed an Igbo man. RIP to him.
But stupidity and cowardice keep killing people from your so called West. It's just a matter of time before it gets to your turn.

You don't say amadioha also dey kill your lineage. Many have gone in your lineage recently and many will still perish among you. Don't worry, it will soon reach your turn to be stricken with amadiohah.
Tueh to your generation..osu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Burnt My Chest After Using Harsh Chemicals On It (Graphic) / Kano Man Found Alive After ‘drowning’ 30 Years Ago / What Kind Of Disease Is This And What's The Cure Please Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.