Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,194 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) (77451 Views)

I'm Addicted To Pentazocine, Please Help Me!!! (Warning Graphics Photos) / How I Extracted My Damaged Tooth (graphics Photos) / India Man Chews Off Snake's Head In Revenge After Snake Bite – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Baroba(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
Sluacoast:

Black mamba dey learn from where inland taipan or hook-nose sea snake

But the speed, venom toxicityand aggression of the mamba makes them a far more dangerous snake to encounter...You will rather handle a taipan than a mamba trust me.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by AreaFada2: 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
Yankee101:

First aid, bodily fluids, stabilization etc can be done b4 moving him to a bigger hospital
That will buy time. But eventually with the huge dose of venom this snake injects, vital organs will soon fail. The care should be hollistic. Beginning with educating those mostly at risk. Like farmers. And what first aid to give before even reaching the hospital.

Snake bites still hold lots of mystic. At times that a human turned into a snake to kill people. Especially because of high death rate from ignorance and poor or none available medical care. One re-enforces the other.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
lepasharon:

Ikr. If snakes are native to a certain area..the hospitals around should defo have anti-venom.

I know nigeria is bad, but not that bad
Who gets the snakes for devenoming to the hospitals?? The same snakes they kill and eat? I wouldn't put my money on Nigerian hospitals having all the antivenin of most native snakes...

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Pro2makx(m): 7:16pm On Mar 07, 2020
but this village folk are supposed to be knowledgeable enough to know that that hand should have been tied immediately, pending when they get a solution. na wah o

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2020
Chai dem no get BLACKSTONE ?

Which kind native doctor be that ?
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
Baroba:

A serious country will educate it's citizens on how to deal with these snakes, develop anti venoms..Hate it or love it, the key issue here is we will continue to have more bites from vipers littered all over W . Africa no matter how many you kill...

The corruptNigerian government will not even bother because it cost research and money to develop anti venom..People have been bitten by far more dangerous snakes ( black mamba) in Southern African countries than the Gaboon and they survived thanks to availability of anti venoms in those countries..

May his soul RIP..

This is what most people don't know..that one has to educate even the supposedly educated ones is exasperating..you can't kill all the venomous snakes in Nigeria..what then happens when someone close to you gets bitten and the hospital closest to you has no antivenin for that particular snake's bite?? You're screwed!

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by lepasharon(f): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

They will never learn..you see them gulping concoction in the name of 'agbo'....how it was mixed you don't know, in what environment it was mixed you don't know...you don't even know the house of the seller..you just carry am drink..the orthodox drugs undergo a lot of research and testing before it is used on people...they have a name and reputation to protect..you can Sue them if something goes wrong..

Leave them they say it is appreciating your own when they take local drugs..instead of orthodox drugs.

But you can still be pro-American and take orthodox drugs
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by ContractKiller: 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
That's why I admire honey Badgers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPKlryXwmXk

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by MrSensor(m): 7:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
calgenius:
Let's save the snakes...
senseless.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by lepasharon(f): 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Who gets the snakes for devenoming to the hospitals?? The same snakes they kill and eat? I wouldn't put my money on Nigerian hospitals having all the antivenin of most native snakes...

They can get it from overseas, no?

You're not even sure yourself
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
Naughtysite:
Chai dem no get BLACKSTONE ?

Which kind native doctor be that ?
What will a black stone do on a bite delivered by a gaboon viper?? Imagine putting a hypodermic needle deep inside your muscle...what will a black stone do to a venom that deep?? That particular snake's fang is the longest of any snake...black stone won't do shyt.

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
lepasharon:

They can get it from overseas, no?

You're not even sure yourself
Lol get it from overseas? How many vials? Do you think all the snakes in Nigeria are also in overseas? There are native snakes only found in Nigeria..and you say hospitals will source for antivenin of snakes native to Nigeria outside..the sheer irony of such thoughts sef!

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
las las it will emd inside d POT
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by fergie001: 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
amaniro:
This one wey people dey die anyhow for Umuahia is everything alright?
Abeg ooooo

Rip.young man.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Justarandomguy: 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2020
With the injury and the pic, I guess that's a god damn viper
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by pacespot(m): 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
Honeydenz:
Reminds me of 2016 when I was bitten by a snake...nearly died. Thinking of all I have been thru and still breathing, whoever say there's no God somewhere is a fat liar!?!

How was it like to be bitten by a snake, what is the exact snake that bit you?

Happy for you that you survived the experience.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by pacespot(m): 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2020
Honeydenz:
Reminds me of 2016 when I was bitten by a snake...nearly died. Thinking of all I have been thru and still breathing, whoever say there's no God somewhere is a fat liar!?!

How was it like to be bitten by a snake, what is the exact snake that bit you?

Happy for you that you survived the horrible experience.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by tyup(m): 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
Maranzano:

Someone just passed on as a result of snake bite and all your feeble mind can conceive is insults and no single sympathy. If you had not spoken, you would have been classified as wise.

I'm not bothered......in this part of the world your the most foolish when you speak the truth

that's just how it is

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
calgenius:
Let's save the snakes...

Lol.. grin. Its true dear.
Instead of creating awareness of info that will save humanity, lala is busy fronting snake stories.
It is well.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Tominix(m): 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
S6 sad bt frm wat am seeing be lyk sm1 will still eat it. this look like an adder or gaboon viper wat do i knw sef. abi lala still want this wan. this is a puff adder so dangerous yet gentle.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Offpoint: 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
Bitten by a Viper one of the most venomous snakes on the planet and they took him to native doctor for herbal medicine, instead rushing him to hospital for anti venom.

Their ignorance killed the young man.

playing with neurotoxin.

That's why is good you guys should watch "Snakes in the City"

5 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
Where his soul has gone to is what matters most.sudden death is not always good.people,draw closer to GOD he alone can save our souls.no one knows how or when he is going to die receive CHRIST now.this is the best time to accept him.you might never have another chance.it is him today,it might be u tomorrow open ur heart to him,confess your sins to him,forsake them and christ will accept you and give u a secured place in heaven.don't spurn this chance.save your soul.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Tominix(m): 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
William8908 you dropped ur sense there
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by morgan844: 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:
They should have tied the hand and cut it off to avoid spreading. Better to lose a hand than life. We need to be proactive in this country. Too many weak brains here.
some year ago the same snake bite my father while we were going to farm. what my father did was to cut the exact place the snake bite him and blood was gushing out that was how my father escaped death

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Think about it. Better than being dead. Heat up a machete very hot and plaster d fresh wound to stop bleeding before proceeding to d hospital.

I just told you your contribution was stupid and you still persist in airing it. Are you reta.rded or something ?

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by slysteel: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2020
Metrixnews:
A middle aged man, Chidiebere Christopher Nwoke has lost his life after a dangerous snake bit him during bush clearing in Umuahia, the Abia State capital.

The late Mr Nwoke is a native of Umueke Ekerifeze Umuajata Olokoro in Umuahia south local government area of Abia state.

ABN TV gathered that this development has put the people of the community in a state of mourning as the young man was said to be full of life and hard working.

Our correspondent gathered that late Nwoke had gone to farm alongside his younger brother when the tragic incident happened.
He said Nwoke unknowingly inflicted a machete cut on a dangerous viper snake known as “AJUALA”.

In an effort to gather the cleared bush with his hands, the snake bit him on his left hand which resulted to the swelling of the hand.

However, he was rushed to an anti poison native doctor who gave him some herbal drugs to stabilize him.

He later passed on and has since been deposited in the mortuary.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/03/stop-following-the-buried-biafra-trust-in-nigeria-ex-apc-presidential-aspirant-tells-ndigbo/

This guy was bitten by a pit viper which is very lethal but the fools chose to treat him locally and not in a hospital
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Zoroaster: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
What killed him were the fools that didn't take him to a hospital
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by noobsaibot2(m): 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
That snake no get mercy... Viper.... Lalasticlal sef
Metrixnews:
A middle aged man, Chidiebere Christopher Nwoke has lost his life after a dangerous snake bit him during bush clearing in Umuahia, the Abia State capital.

The late Mr Nwoke is a native of Umueke Ekerifeze Umuajata Olokoro in Umuahia south local government area of Abia state.

ABN TV gathered that this development has put the people of the community in a state of mourning as the young man was said to be full of life and hard working.

Our correspondent gathered that late Nwoke had gone to farm alongside his younger brother when the tragic incident happened.
He said Nwoke unknowingly inflicted a machete cut on a dangerous viper snake known as “AJUALA”.

In an effort to gather the cleared bush with his hands, the snake bit him on his left hand which resulted to the swelling of the hand.

However, he was rushed to an anti poison native doctor who gave him some herbal drugs to stabilize him.

He later passed on and has since been deposited in the mortuary.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/03/stop-following-the-buried-biafra-trust-in-nigeria-ex-apc-presidential-aspirant-tells-ndigbo/
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
bigiyaro:
una for go hospital nah! RIP to the dead.
NIGERIA nurse and doctors are wicked people, they'll delay him, blame him for not seeing the snake on time, instead of giving him immediate treatment. Our nurses and doctors has cause the lost of so many lifes.

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by erai30(m): 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
Some people kill snake and now snake have killed some people.....R. I. P to the dead. cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Burnt My Chest After Using Harsh Chemicals On It (Graphic) / Kano Man Found Alive After ‘drowning’ 30 Years Ago / What Kind Of Disease Is This And What's The Cure Please Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.