Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) (77442 Views)

I'm Addicted To Pentazocine, Please Help Me!!! (Warning Graphics Photos) / How I Extracted My Damaged Tooth (graphics Photos) / India Man Chews Off Snake's Head In Revenge After Snake Bite – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Tmb78(m): 6:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
I don't know why the first picture looks like people standing around doing nothing but waiting for him to die.
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by edoairways: 6:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
tyup:
Gaboon viper......ain't no joke when you see such snakes around, very gentle but having the most deadly venom

shocked but Igbos and fake things sha......even anti poison dem go still dey do and sell the fake one. nawa o

now our lovely brother have died now verry painful sad
sad sad
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Groovenaija360(m): 6:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
shocked
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by irepnaija4eva(m): 6:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
tyup:
Gaboon viper......ain't no joke when you see such snakes around, very gentle but having the most deadly venom

shocked but Igbos and fake things sha......even anti poison dem go still dey do and sell the fake one. nawa o

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by lakeside79937: 6:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
Why do nigerians still believe in native doctors ? They only gamble, trial and errors

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by khufu: 6:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
Jakumo
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by tiredoflife(m): 6:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
Barrywilly:
He should be buried immediately bc the snake venom will digest him inside out. What a stupid decision not to rush him to the hospital immediately

Rushing him to the hospital doesnt mean he will survive
Anti venom is usually not available most times
U will need the venom of the snake to make one

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by sweetjohn(m): 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
Davash222:
Animal activists, shey una see why we dey kill snake anytime we come across them. these creatures are dangerous, once they trespass to your territory, kill them!! Don't listen to any nonsense animal activists.
But snakes don't go about biting people. They only bite in self defence when you first attack them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Lexusgs430: 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
The snake finally strikes back.........

What happened to going to a proper hospital.......
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Focusmind: 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
He died because he is a Nigerian and lived in a country with weak health system.

He wouldn't have died if he was a South African or lives there.

When I watch NatGeo wide! I see how dogs are treated of snakes bite talk more of humans.

Our life expectancy in this part of the world is indeed low.

Don't blame those migrating out of Nigeria to Canada and other countries.

Security of life, high life expectancy, good medical care and assured future are the motivation.

Rest In Peace young man. Your nation failed you.

20 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by tiredoflife(m): 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
Tmb78:
I don't know why the first picture looks like people standing around doing nothing but waiting for him to die.

What do u want dem to do
Even in the advanced world
U will need the venom of the snake to make an anti venom
Snake cases are most times deadly
No clear help

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by sweetjohn(m): 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
Tmb78:
Nigeria version of India movies
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by tiredoflife(m): 6:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
Focusmind:
He died because he is a Nigerian and lived in a country with weak health system.

When I watch NatGeo wide! I see how dogs are treated of snakes bite talk more of humans.

Security of life, high life expectancy, good medical care and assured future are the motivation.

This is a lie
Even in south Africa u will die if they dont have the anti venom
Snake bites are dangerous anywhere in the world if the sample of the venom is not available to have the anti venom ready

Leave Nigeria out of it

6 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Germi9: 6:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
GOFRONT:
Chaiii

Nigerians love to kill snakes, Now a snake has killed one of them....
They will still eat the snake oo
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by godofuck231: 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
three bad things, a viper, the venom of a viper, an injured snake( a viper)

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Maranzano(m): 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
tyup:

That's how you identify Igbos.......what else do you expect undecided

Someone just passed on as a result of snake bite and all your feeble mind can conceive is insults and no single sympathy. If you had not spoken, you would have been classified as wise.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by adecz: 6:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
sad angry angry

A Puff adder!! shocked shocked shocked

Very dangerous, but
makes nice pepper soup..

Its moves in a straight line
like a slow moving train!!

Short, fat & deadly,
a painful death by village people!! undecided

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by SweetCunt97(f): 6:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
They should have tied the hand and cut it off to avoid spreading. Better to lose a hand than life. We need to be proactive in this country. Too many weak brains here.

6 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:30pm On Mar 07, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Guestuser: 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2020
tiredoflife:

Rushing him to the hospital doesnt mean he will survive
Anti venom is usually not available most times
U will need the venom of the snake to make one
Oga stop typing nonsense up and down .
I know at least 3 people that were bitten by poisonous snake and they survived !
Anti venom are readily available in most hospitals .
Nigerians and fake news . Eh!
Spreading fake news with so much energy . Abah !
What do you stand to gain ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by orunmila144: 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
YOUDONEMINIT undecided
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by LordAzubuike(f): 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
Barrywilly:
That's gaboon viper, the most deadly snake with the longest fangs
Gaboon viper isn't the most deadly snake. Stop spreading false info

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
Abia state now all over nairaland lately

kai...rip broda
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
Barrywilly:
He should be buried immediately bc the snake venom will digest him inside out. What a stupid decision not to rush him to the hospital immediately

You actually presume our hospitals have snake anti-venom... undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by GeorgeTheCoder: 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
tyup:

Shit for brains

6 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Okoroawusa: 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
Carry person go hospital quick una dey delay... look at this lovely young man...

Well, onye g'anwu anwu g'anwu anwu..

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by GeorgeTheCoder: 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:
They should have tied the hand and cut it off to avoid spreading. Better to lose a hand than life. We need to be proactive in this country. Too many weak brains here.

Shut up please. Where have you seen such rubbish practiced ?

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
Naaa VIPER naaa
PUFF ADDER to be specific.
Very DEADLY
Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by lonelydora: 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2020
Metrixnews:
A middle aged man, Chidiebere Christopher Nwoke has lost his life after a dangerous snake bit him during bush clearing in Umuahia, the Abia State capital.

The late Mr Nwoke is a native of Umueke Ekerifeze Umuajata Olokoro in Umuahia south local government area of Abia state.

ABN TV gathered that this development has put the people of the community in a state of mourning as the young man was said to be full of life and hard working.

Our correspondent gathered that late Nwoke had gone to farm alongside his younger brother when the tragic incident happened.
He said Nwoke unknowingly inflicted a machete cut on a dangerous viper snake known as “AJUALA”.

In an effort to gather the cleared bush with his hands, the snake bit him on his left hand which resulted to the swelling of the hand.

However, he was rushed to an anti poison native doctor who gave him some herbal drugs to stabilize him.

He later passed on and has since been deposited in the mortuary.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/03/stop-following-the-buried-biafra-trust-in-nigeria-ex-apc-presidential-aspirant-tells-ndigbo/

This viper is called "Echi Eteka" in Nsukka dialect. Meaning "Tomorrow is far"

Once this snake bite someone, if you don't start immediately to take anti-snake venom, you won't see tomorrow.

RIP to the young man.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) by Okoroawusa: 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2020
Focusmind:

All that grammar just because you watched NatGeo?

Low self-esteem is not a good thing..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Burnt My Chest After Using Harsh Chemicals On It (Graphic) / What Kind Of Disease Is This And What's The Cure Please Help Me / Kano Man Found Alive After ‘drowning’ 30 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.