Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Why Did God Create Satan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create Satan? (1085 Views)

For Only Deep Minds: Why Did God Create Satan ? / Why Did GOD Create Satan / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
Why create Satan?

I bet, most Christians will see this thread and look away because questions like this puts them in a tight spot.

It's a simple question which requires a straight forward answer, so no need to beat around the bush.
First, God is Omniscient and therefore knows events which will take place even before they happen.
Now, before God created Lucifer, he definitely would have known that lucifer would be the villian in his plot.
God definitely knew that he was going to create a human in which this same lucifer would tempt, and this human would fall for it, and as a result of that, evil would be born into the world in which he had created, and this evil will lead to the suffering of humans, death and sin.

Now, if God is omniscient, he would have prevented all these right from the start.

But since he didn't, I think it's okay to arrive to the conclusion that all these had been God's plan right from the beginning.
The suffering, killing, death and sin was all planned and set up by him.
This was his purpose all along, and therefore every single one of us is acting a script.
He knows the number of people that will end up in hell and those who will ascend to heaven...
No one forced him to do all these, he did it by himself. He gave humans freewill, that's after he did nothing to end Satan's existence to prevent any further damage to his plans and creations.
A logical question would be, why has God not killed Satan? Yet believers keep praying day and night, praying for Satan and his demons to die, whereas it was God's plan right from the onset.

Things to note: If God didn't know about the damage Satan would bring to his creations, then he's not omniscient.
If God knew right from the beginning and chose not to do anything about it, then he's not an all loving God, but a God who derives joy in the suffering of humans.
Either way you see it, he's not one of those two things, and since he's not, then you have been lied to your whole life.

Before you respond with some verse in the bible, ponder on these questions, and reason logically with your mind.

Also note: this is not an assertion that God exists. It's just a way to approach the topic of his existence based on the Christian view, in order to further debunk the claims of his existence.
You're welcome to contribute.

Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by ibsaq(m): 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2020
in order know thus whom will obey his instructions is like exam to see who will passes
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Funaki: 10:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
God works in mysterious ways grin grin
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
He had to. He created everthing in twos.

Male and female
Good and evil
Heaven and hell
Angels and........
Etc etc
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by peggywebbs(f): 10:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
The simple fact that you don't know the answer to this question..shows that there is a lot you don't know and you can't know about God. It's just beyond your level of understanding. The human mind is limited and that's your answer.

kingxsamz:
Why create Satan?

It's a simple question which requires a straight forward answer, so no need to beat around the bush.
First, God is Omniscient and therefore knows events which will take place even before they happen.
Now, before God created Lucifer, he definitely would have known that lucifer would be the villian in his plot.
God definitely knew that he was going to create a human in which this same lucifer would tempt, and this human would fall for it, and as a result of that, evil would be born into the world in which he had created, and this evil will lead to the suffering of humans, death and sin.

Now, if God is omniscient, he would have prevented all these right from the start.

But since he didn't, I think it's okay to arrive to the conclusion that all these had been God's plan right from the beginning.
The suffering, killing, death and sin was all planned and set up by him.
This was his purpose all along, and therefore every single one of us is acting a script.
He knows the number of people that will end up in hell and those who will ascend to heaven...
No one forced him to do all these, he did it by himself. He gave humans freewill, that's after he did nothing to end Satan's existence to prevent any further damage to his plans and creations.
A logical question would be, why has God not killed Satan? Yet believers keep praying day and night, praying for Satan and his demons to die, whereas it was God's plan right from the onset.

Things to note: If God didn't know about the damage Satan would bring to his creations, then he's not omniscient.
If God knew right from the beginning and chose not to do anything about it, then he's not an all loving God, but a God who derives joy in the suffering of humans.
Either way you see it, he's not one of those two things, and since he's not, then you have been lied to your whole life.

Before you respond with some verse in the bible, ponder on these questions, and reason logically with your mind.

Also note: this is not an assertion that God exists. It's just a way to approach the topic of his existence based on the Christian view, in order to further debunk the claims of his existence.
You're welcome to contribute.

Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 10:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
cruxgemmata:
He had to. He created everthing in twos.

Male and female
Good and evil
Heaven and hell
Angels and........
Etc etc

Question: Why did God create Satan?
Answer: He had to.

How does this answer my question? undecided
Please do everyone a favor and read the post.
Stop reading headlines only smh.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
peggywebbs:
The simple fact that you don't know the answer to this question..shows that there is a lot you don't know and you can't know about God. It's just beyond your level of understanding. The human mind is limited and that's your answer.

If I knew, I wouldn't be asking.
Now, since you know, kindly adress the issue.
And please, if you don't have any logical answer to my questions, please you can kindly exit the thread. it's not by force to comment.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by alicestockings: 10:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
satan is part of the quaternity:

The father, the son, the holy spirit, the devil. God did not create satan, so much as satan is just another aspect of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Bacteriologist(m): 11:10pm On Mar 07, 2020
What kind of a God creates his own enemy?

And then kills his own son to appease himself for the atrocities of his enemy?

Think. I'm talking to the intelligent person. Think about this? Why doesn't god just kill Satan and end it all? Why all this jamboree?

If someone offends you, do you kill your child to please yourself or make peace? Think. It is the same reason why Tom cannot kill Jerry. Why Batman cannot kill Joker.

If he does the story is over. Religion is a cop out. Think.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 11:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
alicestockings:
satan is part of the quaternity:

The father, the son, the holy spirit, the devil. God did not create satan, so much as satan is just another aspect of God.

So Satan created itself?
Or Satan had always existed like God?
Can your fellow believers back you up on this?
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 11:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Think. I'm talking to the intelligent person. Think about this? Why doesn't god just kill Satan and end it all? Why all this jamboree?

If someone offends you, do you kill your child to please yourself or make peace? Think. It is the same reason why Tom cannot kill Jerry. Why Batman cannot kill Joker.

Exactly.
Show's over once the villian is no more.
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by peggywebbs(f): 11:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
The answer is very simple. My response was not to insult you.

Just as much as you don't know so also I myself don't know.

The question is why don't we know why Satan was created?

Our minds are limited to only the things of this earth. For instance, you don't need anyone to tell you when it would be morning or that the sun rises in the east.

But when someone asks you, does the sun shine in heaven? Or is heaven on the east or west? Can you answer that?

No.

Why? You and I don't know anything about anything outside of the world we live in and the universe around us. Does that make heaven less real or non-existent?

No.

The fact that we don't know does not make it imaginary.

So there is no way you can know why Satan was created because our minds can't answer a lot of things beyond our physical environment.

There are so many questions that are asked and everything ends up being mysterious. If you have not seen God, then it means there is so much about him you can't know.

The fact that you never saw him, doesn't make him less real. The fact that you have this unanswered questions makes it very possible that there is so much you and I are yet to know.

kingxsamz:

If I knew, I wouldn't be asking.
Now, since you know, kindly adress the issue.
And please, if you don't have any logical answer to my questions, please you can kindly exit the thread. it's not by force to comment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Bacteriologist(m): 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
^The gods of the gaps delusion is strong in this one.

kingxsamz:

Exactly.
Show's over once the villian is no more.

Ikr one thing is sure: The days of Abrahamic religions are numbered.

In the minds of the truly intelligent.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by peggywebbs(f): 11:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
Well, if you really were intelligent you will understand what the bible means about God sacrificing his own son.

Let's just use Nigeria as a case study. When someone comes out to challenge the government, see what happens.

Jesus came to the earth to tell the world he is the King and that there is a father in heaven that is supreme. What do you expect people to do to him.

God knew that the world was wicked and would not accept such news. Jesus said I would go ahead and let them know the truth so many can be saved.

Now that's called sacrifice. They both knew that Jesus would be killed by the evil people on the earth when he declared his message but the good news had to be spread. Now, that shows how much God loves us. He, knew the price Jesus would pay for saving us but he still hoped that we would change.

Now, when you read your bible, try and think of what happens today in the world. It's exactly the same thing. You just choose to interpret it differently.

Bacteriologist:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 11:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
peggywebbs:

So there is no way you can know why Satan was created because our minds can't answer a lot of things beyond our physical environment.

Sorry, but are you trying to confuse me or yourself? undecided
Our minds cannot answer things beyond our physical environment, but yet you claim that there is hell and heaven and a God who sits on a throne in the sky.
And if you were told God doesn't exist, you would argue till your last breath.
But here you are claiming you don't know why Satan was created because our knowledge is only limited to things that are physical...
Smh...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by peggywebbs(f): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
I don't need to argue whether God exists or not. I know he does. I continue to experience him everyday of my life.

Infact I find it surprising when people say they don't believe in God.

Again, when I say we are limited by our understanding. I didn't say things can't be revealed to us. We can't know by our own understanding unless you allow God show you.

You have to keep an open mind. We are supernatural beings and unless you open your inner eyes. You won't see anything but will continue to argue blindly.

kingxsamz:

Sorry, but are you trying to confuse me or yourself? undecided
Our minds cannot answer things beyond our physical environment, but yet you claim that there is hell and heaven and a God who sits on a throne in the sky.
And if you were told God doesn't exist, you would argue till your last breath.
But here you are claiming you don't know why Satan was created because our knowledge is only limited to things that are physical...
Smh...

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
peggywebbs: .

Why? You and I don't know anything about anything outside of the world we live in and the universe around us. Does that make heaven less real or non-existent?

No, it doesn't make it less real, it makes it a total myth, made-up, unreal and yes nonexistent hogwash.
Imagine I told you unicorns existed, although I've not seen one, would you believe me?
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 11:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
peggywebbs:
We can't know by our own understanding unless you allow God show you.

So why hasn't God shown you the reason why he created Satan? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by peggywebbs(f): 11:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
kingxsamz:

No, it doesn't make it less real, it makes it a total myth, made-up, unreal and yes nonexistent hogwash.

"It doesn't make it less real my dear. There have been lots and lots of encounters with life after death."

Imagine I told you unicorns existed, although I've not seen one, would you believe me?

"Yes unicorns exist and so do pergasus horses. Mermaids, fairies, goblins and a lot of supernatural creatures". It's not a myth. It's the supernatural. It can't make sense in a physical world but that doesn't make them unreal"
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by peggywebbs(f): 12:02am On Mar 08, 2020
For one because I never asked. I don't think I'm concerned about it though.

Why?

It's not important to me. In fact, coming by your thread was the first time I actually looked at that question.

You know what again?

Tomorrow I'm still going to forget about it because there's so much I'm looking forward to and Satan is not even on my to do list...lol

kingxsamz:

So why hasn't God shown you the reason why he created Satan? undecided

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Bacteriologist(m): 12:06am On Mar 08, 2020
peggywebbs:

Well, if you really were intelligent you will understand what the bible means about God sacrificing his own son.

Well if you really were intelligent you will understand the Bible was written by goat herders in the dark ages where we, for instance, had no idea where the sun went at night.

peggywebbs:

Let's just use Nigeria as a case study. When someone comes out to challenge the government, see what happens.

Yes, in a system where nothing works and totalitarianism and dictatorship is the norm questions are frowned upon.

In a saner clime, however, that is not the case. Doubt is never criminalized, questions and opposing views are actually welcomed so far it is done within the limits of civility.

peggywebbs:

Jesus came to the earth to tell the world he is the King and that there is a father in heaven that is supreme. What do you expect people to do to him.

I expect people to treat him like a deranged fraudster that he actually was. That's if he ever existed anyway.

if you claim to be a king you are supposed to be able to provide evidence to back up your claims that you're making. In the absence of that -exactly what your Jesus did- it is called impersonating.

And it is a very serious crime.

peggywebbs:

God knew that the world was wicked and would not accept such news. Jesus said I would go ahead and let them know the truth so many can be saved.

Sure. if demanding evidence for a claim you make is "wickedness" then wickedness is actually a good thing. You Christians have a very perverted view of morality.

Saved from what? From what God would do to them if they didn't receive him: Cast them into hell.

A loving god would sacrifice his own son as a collateral damage and serve as escape from what? His own wrath. god died to save mankind from what he, god, would do to his own creation. Does that make sense?

By the way; if Jesus volunteered, it doesn't sound like a bad deal either.

Jesus didn't die, did he, he only had a weekend vacation in the grave fighting the same Satan.

After which he had a greater power than a previously did.

If I have been existing for eternity and someone asked me to take 33 years off, just to be a human and die for 2 days, after which I would have greater power. I would happily take it.

So Jesus didn't do anything particularly special. Save me that rhetoric.

peggywebbs:

Now that's called sacrifice.

No it's not. It's called taking the weekend off and coming back more powerfully and getting the better for it. Jesus didn't do anything spectacular.

peggywebbs:

They both knew that Jesus would be killed by the evil people on the earth when he declared his message but the good news had to be spread. Now, that shows how much God loves us. He, knew the price Jesus would pay for saving us but he still hoped that we would change.

If god loved us, he would not have to kill anyone. No bloodshed. No demands. No "obey me or burn forever." He would live up to his own word and forgive his enemy. He would not throw anyone into hell.

Your god, if he exists, is a hideous, evil monster who cannot live by example. Tells people to pray for their enemies but can't forgive his own enemy.

Maybe god could actually prove his love and overall existence by setting things right with Satan first. And we atheists might hesitate to call him a sorry excuse for a loving god. And take you Christian apologetics more seriously when you preach "god is love." Until then...

peggywebbs:

Now, when you read your bible, try and think of what happens today in the world. It's exactly the same thing. You just choose to interpret it differently.

You do not get to tell me what or how to do anything. Certainly not how to read that incredibly perverted slave manual called the Bible. A book that endorses misogyny, homophobia, slavery and wholesale genocidal cleansing is the last thing I need advice on how to interpret it.

Fail.

Try harder on your religious apologetics.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 12:14am On Mar 08, 2020
peggywebbs:

For one because I never asked. I don't think I'm concerned about it though.

Why?

It's not important to me. In fact, coming by your thread was the first time I actually looked at that question.

You know what again?

Tomorrow I'm still going to forget about it because there's so much I'm looking forward to and Satan is not even on my to do list...lol

Satan is not on your to do list yet every Sunday you folks cast and bind him, giving him the attention you claim not to have for him.

Well, do me a favor and kindly exit the thread.
This thread is only meant for those who have asked and have answers. it's totally unreasonable for you to come in here and answer my question with "I don't know".

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 12:17am On Mar 08, 2020
peggywebbs:

"Yes unicorns exist and so do pergasus horses. Mermaids, fairies, goblins and a lot of supernatural creatures". It's not a myth. It's the supernatural. It can't make sense in a physical world but that doesn't make them unreal"

Nice Logic, thanks for your logical contribution.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 12:23am On Mar 08, 2020
Bacteriologist:

If god loved us, he would not have to kill anyone. No bloodshed. No demands. No "obey me or burn forever." He would live up to his own word and forgive his enemy. He would not throw anyone into hell.

You're making a mistake oh...
One of her fellow believer claimed hellfire doesn't exit.
Confused lots grin

Cc firstnebo

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Bacteriologist(m): 12:27am On Mar 08, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're making a mistake oh...
One of her fellow believer claimed hellfire doesn't exit.
Confused lots grin

Cc firstnebo

grin I guess we have to ask each Christian what their own idea of God/Heaven/Hell is before we begin arguing with them.

Same Bible but different interpretations. Different level of delusions. They can't even agree amongst themselves what is what; which delusion they accept in the Bible. And they expect atheists to take them seriously.

Confused lots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 12:33am On Mar 08, 2020
Bacteriologist:

grin I guess we have to ask each Christian what their own idea of God/Heaven/Hell is before we begin arguing with them.

Same Bible but different interpretations. Different level of delusions. They can't even agree amongst themselves what is what; which delusion they accept in the Bible. And they expect atheists to take them seriously.

Confused lots.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by mrZENographer: 12:41am On Mar 08, 2020
"will you condemn me, that you may be righteous?

11Cast abroad the rage of your wrath: and behold every one that is proud, and abase him... Then will I also confess unto thee ..."
Job 40:8

IMAGE MEME BELOW SHOWS JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN.

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by peggywebbs(f): 12:51am On Mar 08, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Well if you really were intelligent you will understand the Bible was written by goat herders in the dark ages where we, for instance, has no idea where the sun went at night.

Now let me correct you. The world as at when the bible was written was not illiterate. They had scribes, they had literate people who had learnt languages and written books. There were philosophers, teachers, lawyers etc. They understood how the cosmos worked. If you take time to watch discovery channel, you will see how they studied the seasons, the days, months. They knew everything and trust me, our technology today is built on the knowledge that was gathered from the past. So no, they were not goat herders.

Yes, in a system where nothing works and totalitarianism and dictatorship is the norm questions are frowned upon.

Well, it wasn't all in all a dictatorship. They had laws, they had rights, they had an organized system. Just as we have today. But no government likes a revolution. It's seen as weakness.

In a saner clime, however, that is not the case. Doubt is never criminalized, questions and opposing views are actually welcomed so far it is done within the limits of civility.

Don't justify nothing. No leader is willing to welcome any views. It's again seen as weakness. They did not care that Jesus did not come with weapons and they did not even care that he wasn't concerned about politics. He was talking about God and heaven.

I expect people to treat him like a deranged fraudster that hebactually was. That's if he ever existed anyway.

So, you say that it was right for King Herod to order the killings of all the little babies born because of the fear that a King was to be born? Or you forget, the reason he was hated was because of the prophecies of his coming? Hmm.

if you claim to be a king you are supposed to be able to provide evidence to back up your claims that you're making. In the absence of that -exactly what your Jesus did- it is called impersonating.

Well he did. The question is what type of King. Jesus spoke about the kingdom of heaven. He spoke about world after this. He performed signs, wonders and you still did not believe. What else did you want him to show you. A certificate of ordination as a King?

And it is a serious crime.

It wasn't. He did not carry any weapons. He did not call for protests. He did not cause mutiny and he never challenged the government. He told the people to obey the law.

Sure. if demanding evidence for a claim you make is "wickedness" then wickedness is actually a good thing.

No, I'm not making any claim. I'm just saying my own

Saved from what? From what God would do to them. Cast them into hell.

Well, God isn't going to do anything to anyone. We have been given free will. You are the one who says why did God not get rid of Satan. Well there are many Satan's. Those who don't repent and continue to do evil things definitely carry a Satan spirit, so like you wished, they will be cast away. Jesus came to tell mankind that there was more to life than w e know. He came to let us know the merciful and kind nature of God. He preached love and righteousness, repentance and judgement

A loving god would sacrifice his own son as a collateral damage and escape from what he would do to his own creation. Does that make sense?

God did not kill his son. And we are also his children. Man killed his son, just as we still kill good people in our day. So many great people gone, why? Sacrifice.

By the way; if Jesus volunteered, it doesn't sound like a bad deal either.

Yes he volunteered, and that is the grace that we enjoy today. When we sin, we get to confess our sins and try to be good.

Jesus didn't die, did he, he only had a weekend vacation in the grave fighting the same Satan.

Now if only you understood the symbolism of his death. He fulfilled his purpose.

After which he had a greater power than a previously did.

Now, you read too much science fiction. Jesus has always been powerful. When he became spirit, he obviously took on his mantle. Question is do you have superpowers now? I dare you to make a mug move with your eyes. Well you can't because you are human. Now when Jesus came to earth, he was just like you and I.

If I have been existing for eternity and someone asked me to take 33 years off just to be a human and die for 2 days after which I would have greater power. I would happily take it.

Yeah. I'm sure you think you will be by mega thanos. Well you are human, who says you won't have powers in your spirit form.

So Jesus didn't do anything particularly special. So save me that rhetoric.

That's what you think. He did a lot and is still doing a lot more. You will see at the right time.

No it's not. It's called taking the weekend off and coming back more powerfully and getting the better for it. Jesus didn't do anything spectacular.

Think again and see if you have really convinced yourself. No, I don't think you agree with yourself.

There's something I always say. God is not a genie. You don't expect him to snap his fingers everytime someone commits murder, rapes a child, burns people alive, hacks people, steal etc. Now, if you were God ,how would you like to be the cleaning lady. We have to do the work, we have to be good, we have obey authority or else there will be anarchy. So what you say can't be achievable. The slate can't be wiped clean. We have to make a choice to be good and that's the test we face here on earth.

Your god, if he exists is a hideous evil monster who cannot live by example. Tells people to pray for their enemies but can't forgive his own enemy.

God exists. The fact that you don't agree with his ways doesn't mean his a monster. You can't know better than your creator my dear

You do not get to tell me what or how to do anything. Certainly not how to read that incredibly perverted slave manual called the Bible. A book that endorses misogyny and wholesale genocidal cleansing is the last thing I need advice on how to interpret it.

The bible is a compilation of of an age long history, that traces our genealogy. Whether you like the contents in it or not, does not change the fact that those things happened. It is who we are and where we come from. It is our origin. It is a book that brutally lays it out as it is. The good, the bad and the ugly part of us. You can't change history but you can change your story. You can choose love and righteousness, a kind heart and eternity through Jesus Christ
"

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by lepasharon(f): 12:52am On Mar 08, 2020
kingxsamz:

So Satan created itself?
Or Satan had always existed like God?
Can your fellow believers back you up on this?

He has a point. Satan is actually gods alter ego. Satan couldn't do anything unless God told him to...

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by peggywebbs(f): 12:55am On Mar 08, 2020
Now, you say we go to church binding and casting Satan. I thought pastors cast out demons and evil spirits.

Oh I forgot... you don't believe in in the supernatural. They exist by the way.

You can doubt all day long. I pray to God to open the eyes of your understanding to see the truth so that on the last day, you will not be caught unawares.

kingxsamz:

Satan is not on your to do list yet every Sunday you folks cast and bind him, giving him the attention you claim not to have for him.

Well, do me a favor and kindly exit the thread.
This thread is only meant for those who have asked and have answers. it's totally unreasonable for you to come in here and answer my question with "I don't know".

Thank you.
Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by Bacteriologist(m): 9:31am On Mar 08, 2020
peggywebbs:

Now let me correct you. The world as at when the bible was written was not illiterate. They had scribes, they had literate people who had learnt languages and written books. There were philosophers, teachers, lawyers etc.

I am about to beat you up mercilessly because a large part of your post are strawmans where you're either making an assumption about me or putting words in my mouth.

When I say the Bible was written in the dark ages, I did not mean that we did not have literate people in the world at the time.

What I am saying is that the Bible was written by ignorant people. And I can demonstrate by the contents of the Bible itself that it was written by unapologetically ignorant people.

I am saying that the Bible was written at a time where the most of the world was largely ignorant. That is why it was called the dark ages. The fact that we had scribes during the dark ages didn't mean that the whole world didn't think thunder was as a result of God speaking. Having philosophers and scientists also didn't stop from people thinking that the Earth was flat or the sun revolved round the earth.

Your desperation to defend the Bible has sadly led you to misinterpret my statement at all cost. Including at the cost of your own honesty.

peggywebbs:

They understood how the cosmos worked. If you take time to watch discovery channel, you will see how they studied the seasons, the days, months.

Sure they did!! That's why they knew about black holes and quarks and quantum physics and artificial intelligence in the year 2000 BC! It's a pity we're now just discovering these things when one fanatical Christian alleges that ancient humans knew about these things because she watched it on Discovery Channel.

Do you see how stupid you sound? Hopefully you will.

peggywebbs:

They knew everything and trust me, our technology today is built on the knowledge that was gathered from the past.

Of course they did! How didn't I think of this?! That is why Jesus flew to Heaven without using a jetpack. And scientists studied his flight to help them develop the aeroplane, spaceship, helicopters and other aircraft.

That is why Jesus was able to speak to 5000 people without using a microphone. And that part of the Bible helped us develop sound systems that we now use today. That's good logical thinking from you!

That is why God has a mere paper book of life when we have apps like Microsoft Excel and Google forms that can do a better job at keeping records!

it is a pity the whole world is making research when all we could have done is take a look at ancient records because they knew everything in the dark ages.

That's some really good thinking from you there. Kudos.

peggywebbs:

So no, they were not goat herders.

No they were not. I apologize for saying that.

Let me guess they were astronauts and front-end and full stack developers. They were engineers and biologists and that's why they thought an iron axe could float on water by immersing a wooden one.

And that Adam and Eve could give rise to 8 billion people today. Good intelligent biologists they are! Very intelligent from you!

peggywebbs:

Well, it wasn't all in all a dictatorship. They had laws, they had rights, they had an organized system. Just as we have today. But no government likes a revolution. It's seen as weakness.

God you are hopeless.

Who said there are no laws or rights in a dictatorship? Who said having an organised system means there is no dictatorship?

Saudi Arabia has men rights, does that make it less of a dictatorship?

So is Saudi Arabia a disorganized system because it is a dictatorship?

North Korea is a dictatorship. It has rights too for certain people.

You seem to be a very ignorant person who has been damaged by religion indoctrination so much that they cannot think inside of the box. Talk less of outside.

Your religious apologism is costing you the ability to think and debate logically and the earlier you realise it the better.

peggywebbs:

Don't justify nothing. No leader is willing to welcome any views. It's again seen as weakness. They did not care that Jesus did not come with weapons and they did not even care that he wasn't concerned about politics. He was talking about God and heaven.

At the time when Jesus existed, it was a theocracy. So if one was just talking about "god and heaven" one was directly or indirectly talking about politics. As religion was a major factor in political issues at the time.

I would expect you to know this but it is pretty evident of how much you have suspended your ability to think critically in a bid to defend your religious stupidity.

peggywebbs:

So, you say that it was right for King Herod to order the killings of all the little babies born because of the fear that a King was to be born? Or you forget, the reason he was hated was because of the prophecies of his coming? Hmm.

When did I remotely suggest that killing of babies was justified? If you cannot provide this then I have no obligation whatsoever to respond to any of your post going forward.

As you have exhibited the very exact qualities of a dishonest christian debater.

peggywebbs:

Well he did. The question is what type of King. Jesus spoke about the kingdom of heaven. He spoke about world after this. He performed signs, wonders and you still did not believe. What else did you want him to show you. A certificate of ordination as a King?

Speaking does not mean evidence. If speaking meant evidence, then anyone can claim to be what they want.

And the mere fact that they are saying would be an evidence that they are what they claim to be. See why your reasoning is stupid? Yes, I am kind enough to tell you that you are reasoning like a foolish person.

Magicians were pretty common at the time and Jesus performing signs and wonders would not automatically transformed to him being the king he claimed.

Even according to the Bible itself, several prophets existed before Jesus and even during the time of Jesus there could have been mystics, sooth sayers and all that stuff.

Also, there is no evidence that Jesus performed the miracles he did so again you are right where you started. Being in a really stupid position.

peggywebbs:

It wasn't. He did not carry any weapons. He did not call for protests. He did not cause mutiny and he never challenged the government. He told the people to obey the law.

Jesus you're stupid.

Impersonation does not include any of the nonsense you just mentioned. Impersonation is claiming to be something that you cannot provide evidence that you are actually are that thing.

it does not involve you calling for protests or carrying any weapons. If I claim to be the president of Nigeria and I go about telling people I am without being able to provide evidence for it.

It is a crime.

I don't necessarily have to carry weapons or do any of those things you mentioned. I would expect you to know that but again, as a person whose ability to think has been damaged by religious apologism, I understand.

peggywebbs:

No, I'm not making any claim. I'm just saying my own.

Sure and your utterances have effectively painted you to be a really stupid, ignorant person. Who knows nothing about history or how we would go about proving things. You sound pretty ignorant even about your own religion itself.

You're just saying "your own."

peggywebbs:

Well, God isn't going to do anything to anyone. We have been given free will. You are the one who says why did God not get rid of Satan. Well there are many Satan's. Those who don't repent and continue to do evil things definitely carry a Satan spirit, so like you wished, they will be cast away.

Sure. god's spokesman. Tell me why I should take whatever you think God wants to do or doesn't want to do, seriously.

peggywebbs:

[s]Jesus came to tell mankind that there was more to life than w e know. He came to let us know the merciful and kind nature of God. He preached love and righteousness, repentance and judgement. [/s]

Nonsensical religious platitude.

peggywebbs:

God did not kill his son. And we are also his children. Man killed his son, just as we still kill good people in our day. So many great people gone, why? Sacrifice.

Yes but god had a hand in it. God specifically asked who was going to die for human sins to please him.

God specifically demanded blood and it even made it more pleasing to him because it was that of his son. Because they all knew anyone whoever volunteered was going to die anyway.

So it wasn't really man's fault. It is God's fault for not being able to settle things amicably without demanding for blood. Again, you serve a very bloodthirsty, psychopathic, tyrant who luckily doesn't exist. Except in your head, but as a result of indoctrination and brainwashing.

peggywebbs:

[s]Yes he volunteered, and that is the grace that we enjoy today. When we sin, we get to confess our sins and try to be good. [/s]

Nonsensical religious platitude.

peggywebbs:

[s] Now if only you understood the symbolism of his death. He fulfilled his purpose.[/s]

Typical delusional religious nonsense..

peggywebbs:

Now, you read too much science fiction. Jesus has always been powerful.

No, you are the one who has been reading too much mythology so much, that it has damaged your reasoning faculty up to a point where actual thinking is a huge problem.

Jesus specifically said in the Buybull after he resurrected that "ALL the power in heaven and earth has been given to me." So it suggests that he had some form of power prior to coming to earth but not as great as the one he now possessed.

Christ on a bike! you can't even process the things in your own book properly.

peggywebbs:

When he became spirit, he obviously took on his mantle. Question is do you have superpowers now? I dare you to make a mug move with your eyes. Well you can't because you are human. Now when Jesus came to earth, he was just like you and I.

And I pretty much agree that if the Jesus figure ever existed, he was a mere human (probably someone who was mentally disturbed telling people that he was the son of God) because there are no evidence of his miracles or any other supernatural activities that he did.

In fact there are no evidence of any supernatural activities occuring till date. All we can find are magical tricks that require no supernatural intervention and ignorant people like you defending con-men who claim to be doing "miracles" in streets, churches etc

peggywebbs:

[s] Yeah. I'm sure you think you will be by mega thanos. Well you are human, who says you won't have powers in your spirit form.[s]

Nonsensical platitude.

peggywebbs:

That's what you think. He did a lot and is still doing a lot more. You will see at the right time.

Of course! asking for the right time or more time is a well-known tactic of con artists, fraudsters and liars.

2000+ years of religion and all you religious idiots have is "you will see at the right time."

peggywebbs:

Think again and see if you have really convinced yourself. No, I don't think you agree with yourself.

Yes so tell me why I should take the ignorant dishonest assumption of a religious idiot like you seriously. I wonder what other things you've assumed about me? That I am a satanist? I eat babies for dinner?

Or that I am intelligent than you? At least that one will be true.

peggywebbs:

There's something I always say. God is not a genie.

Exactly! god cannot perform magic. In fact God cannot do anything. What a powerless god you serve.

peggywebbs:

You don't expect him to snap his fingers everytime someone commits murder, rapes a child, burns people alive, hacks people, steal etc.

If I was God and I have the power to stop evil I would every single time. And that is why I'm better than your god.

I'm sure you cannot see why a LOVING entity would want to protect his people at all times because your brain has been damaged so much by superstitious büllshitery.

But to actual smart people who still have their brain intact, an all loving omnipotent omniscient god would do that. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. Like you.

peggywebbs:

Now, if you were God ,how would you like to be the cleaning lady. We have to do the work, we have to be good, we have obey authority or else there will be anarchy.

If I was God I would be happy to be the cleaning lady. Because I was the one who created the whole mess to begin with. I would not create humans with the weakness of sin and then turn around to blame them for doing what I created them to do in the first place.

Your God is an evil monster and you, while defending his incompetence, may very well be yourself.

peggywebbs:

So what you say can't be achievable. The slate can't be wiped clean. We have to make a choice to be good and that's the test we face here on earth.

It can.

An ideal god who created an ideal universe would be able to solve the problem of Evil. A God who cannot/would not and instead pushes the responsibility on mere humans is a sorry excuse for a god. And one that I am personally glad cannot be demonstrated to exist. Even by damaged religious fanatics like you.

All you lots to do is give us more reason to doubt. Because you all sound like idiots while defending this incompetent evil god of yours.

peggywebbs:

God exists.

Yes. In your head. As a sad result of childhood indoctrination and wholesale religious brainwashing.

peggywebbs:

The fact that you don't agree with his ways doesn't mean his a monster.

Sure the fact that I don't agree with his evil ways doesn't mean he is an evil monster. It means that you are an idiot who cannot see the shortcomings of the god they claim to be loving and perfect.

peggywebbs:

You can't know better than your creator my dear.
I'm not your dear.

So...yet another assumption from a religious idiot who thinks they can protect their own insecurities and other people who don't believe like them.

You would have to prove there is a creator before you can assert that people cannot know better than their creator. Until you can do that I will be very happy calling you a religious idiot who believes in things that cannot be objectively proved. And makes real-life deductions from such delusional nonsense.

peggywebbs:

The bible is a compilation of of an age long history, that traces our genealogy.

This comment again shows you have a very limited understanding of the bible or even Christianity as a whole.

The genealogy of the Bible has been proven to be false. Because

1. There are contradictions about the genealogies in the Bible itself.

2. No evidence exists that what the Bible says is historically true.

peggywebbs:

Whether you like the contents in it or not, does not change the fact that those things happened.

Great!

And whether you like to say stupid things does not mean that those stupid things are true either.

It only means one thing: That you are stupid and like to say stupid things.

peggywebbs:

It is who we are and where we come from. It is our origin. It is a book that brutally lays it out as it is.

It is certainly not my origin. The Bible does not contain any origin of anyone at all, except of course, that of ignorant religious idiots like you.
The Bible is merely a book written by moral thugs who thought slavery is moral, misogyny is moral and infanticide is moral. If you cannot see this, then you are a moral thug yourself.

peggywebbs:

The good, the bad and the ugly part of us. You can't change history but you can change your story.

Another motivational + nonsensical woofuckery from a religious idiot.

peggywebbs:

You can choose love and righteousness, a kind heart and eternity through Jesus Christ"

"Except you hate your wife and children you cannot follow me" -Jesus

Is this the person you claims to be the definition of love and righteousness?

I always say that religion is mental illness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create Satan? by kingxsamz(m): 9:40am On Mar 08, 2020
Bacteriologist:

I gave up on that lady a long time ago...

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Election 2020 Prophecy - Prophet TB Joshua [VIDEO] / Pastor Kumuyi Raised A Dead Woman. How True Is This / What Does The Bible Say About The Mark Of The Beast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.