Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53254 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Sirmuel1(m): 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
Possiblegee:
western union and moneygram are untraceable

That's if you don't use your BVN.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by GraGra247(m): 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

It's so hard..they can buy phones, aso ebi but not crayfish abi? Eya

How many people are buying phones and Aso Ebi. You use the lifestyle of 20% elite population to draw conclusions for over 70% of the population surviving on less than $50 dollar per month.

Hanty your brain is still waiting to be updated.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by teewhydope(m): 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
GraGra247:
All the senseless idiots ranting and asking "what did we give relatives abroad" did you consider that everything works abroad and virtually nothing works in Nigeria.

Relatives abroad are not worried about Electricity cos they have it round the clock.

If Nigeria has a fraction of basic amenities and employment then I'm sure nobody will ask a dime from relatives abroad.

and didn't it occur to you that they pay electricity bills or you think it's 5k per month we guys pay in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
GraGra247:

How many people are buying phones and Aso Ebi. You use the lifestyle of 20% elite population to draw conclusions for over 70% of the population surviving on less than $50 dollar per month.

Hanty your brain is still waiting to be updated.

So only 20% of nigerians own phones, asoebi??

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ebonijay:
My sister in Houston just sent me N550,000 for rent. I work in a tax office where the salary is 70k monthly. She has really tried for me, I also got an iphone 7. She sents 70k monthly to augment my salary so at least money won't be a problem.
And you feel so relaxed cos ur sis is sending money... Just know it won't last forever so better man up. Imagine u earning 70k and paying rent of half a million naw cos ur cash cow dey to pay na... U no go use ur sense

5 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
Heistman:
PS 4 as birthday gift,was meant as a surprise... unfortunately I bought one a month earlier.tho he added Red dead Redemption wink which I was planning to get
planning to sell one?
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
SweetCunt97:
planning to sell one?
nah..one at home, The other in my studio
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
Heistman:
nah..one at home, The other in my studio
Awwwww! It's all good though, thanks
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

Do you know not all nigerian foods can be gotten in the west?

Not once do these scrounging relatives consider sending fresh produce from Africa
I am actually interested in this shaa cos I know it's profitable
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by GraGra247(m): 1:42pm On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

So only 20% of nigerians own phones, asoebi??

Question is what type of phones are you talking about madam. Is your ignorance this bad. Hanty there are N5000 used android phones here. There are N2000 China phones here.

Folks save for months to buy them as cheap as it is. Yet your brain is already telling you that anyone that has a phone is wealthy by your flawed standard.

High time I begin to ignore you so you wallow in your delusion.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by cococandy(f): 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2020
armyofone:
Cococandy thank you!
Can you just imagine? Prolly used sentiment on the poor sister.
I wouldn’t mind spending so much on self improvement projects like education, skill learning, business etc.

Not that stuff

4 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by GraGra247(m): 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
teewhydope:

and didn't it occur to you that they pay electricity bills or you think it's 5k per month we guys pay in Nigeria

They can afford to pay for electricity because there's employment there. In Nigeria there's neither employment or constant power supply.

Why are you guys simply trying to pretend that you don't know these things.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by cococandy(f): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
Couldn’t have said it better. Small small Monthly remittances to different requests easily adds up to almost half a mil. Monthly!

Yet each of them are still waiting for you to do something big for them because you gave them only “50k”.

Ask them how many of them can set aside hundreds of thousands of Naira every month just for favors to friends and distance family. And if you haven’t bought house in banana island by your 10th year of being abroad, they will say you have nothing to show for your travel. Forgetting that all the added favors you did could have gotten you a decent house, instead you spent it on them. They want you do big stuff for each and every one of them like setting them in business and buying them cars or training their kids in school. All 50 of them.

That’s why I love my immediate family. None of that attitude exists among them.
AreaFada2:

My dear one day you will have.
Or you may even be the one yourself.

Most people abroad are not swimming in money as people think. Life is expensive. Some have 10 to 30 bills to pay depending on commitments.

Most who give is out of kindness and generosity. Not out of abundance.

When you want someone in 9ja to quickly borrow 20k to do something urgently like replace or mend something in your 9ja house, they will say where Will they get such big money?
But when you send 20k as a gift, they will say only 20k, what can that buy in 9ja these days?

A lot of the attitude is not encouraging.

People also forget that most abroad can have up to 50 relatives and friends making financial requests at the same time. By the time you send 10k to 50k to 25 or 40 people, it easily adds up.

But each person will consider you stingy because you didn't send a huge amount to him.

12 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by cococandy(f): 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2020
LuciusX:
Bible. Hanty wuz deported from yankee without her kids and all she see gimme na bible. I wept. She later went back but as is the custom of awa our village folks, she died on the plane. So much for her yeye bible.

You’re a terrible person

8 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by cococandy(f): 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

Somebody was deported without her kids and you have the audacity to expect a substantial gift?

So hard hearted.
She even tried to give him small gift. See how he’s rejoicing at her death on the plane.

I’m sure she didn’t realize what an enemy he was

5 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2020
GraGra247:

Question is what type of phones are you talking about madam. Is your ignorance this bad. Hanty there are N5000 used android phones here. There are N2000 China phones here.

Folks save for months to buy them as cheap as it is. Yet your brain is already telling you that anyone that has a phone is wealthy by your flawed standard.

High time I begin to ignore you so you wallow in your delusion.

Show me where I said having a phone makes someone wealthy? It shows they have income from somewhere and are not as HELPLESS as you're making them seem

Why not come out clean and say the Nigerians back home simply don't want to send basic ingredients because they are instead looking for what to grab from folks abroad.

Your excuses hold no water.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by GraGra247(m): 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

Show me where I said having a phone makes someone wealthy? It shows they have income from somewhere and are not as HELPLESS as you're making them seem

Why not come out clean and say the Nigerians back home simply don't want to send basic ingredients because they are instead looking for what to grab from folks abroad.

Your excuses hold no water.

You clearly implied Nigerians that own phones are wealthy. Go and read your comments again madam ignorance.

Your ignorance is not an excuse. Go to school and learn.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by pedrilo: 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
my big bro.
he sponsored my edu from 100level to graduation and supported my wedding even when he knows i work and earn good money.
he is a blessing really.
during the last fifa world cup, i had to buy super eagles jerseys for him and all his kids and sent to them via DHL.
they were really happy to rciv d gift

5 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2020
SweetCunt97:
I am actually interested in this shaa cos I know it's profitable

Lol there are lots of nigerian food in the west but not as fresh as from back home.

They're expensive too

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
GraGra247:

You clearly implied Nigerians that own phones are wealthy. Go and read your comments again madam ignorance.

Show me where I implied so?

It is you who instead made Nigerians seem so wretched and destitute and I'm sure you don't appreciate it when the media makes Africans seem that way

Simply say they can't send basic ingredients because they don't want to.

"20%" lol

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Mrblaq1990: 2:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
Money for my final year project from my cousin who lives in the UK
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by GraGra247(m): 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
lepasharon:

Show me where I implied so?

It is you who instead made Nigerians seem so wretched and destitute and I'm sure you don't appreciate it when the media makes Africans seem that way

Simply say they can't send basic ingredients because they don't want to.

"20%" lol

Keep waiting for a suffering old woman somewhere to buy you Egusi and Ogbono and all the goodies Nigeria has to offer.

Your type won't even spare N500 to a Hungary beggar on the streets. Your type will keep $1m dollar in an account somewhere and happily collect an only $50 from a homeless fellow on the streets.

Just tell us you're a wretched selfish self centered person that is not willing to spare any change to the suffering.

There're lots of you in America and U.k.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2020
GraGra247:

Keep waiting for a suffering old woman somewhere to buy you Egusi and Ogbono and all the goodies Nigeria has to offer.

Your type won't even spare N500 to a Hungary beggar on the streets. Your type will keep $1m dollar in an account somewhere and happily collect an only $50 from a homeless fellow on the streets.

Just tell us you're a wretched selfish self centered person that is not willing to spare any change to the suffering.

There're lots of you in America and U.k.

You're the wretched one now. Remember you said nigerians can't afford to send basic foodstuffs. With only 20% affording brand new phones and aso ebi

Are suffering old women the only relations and friends a nigerian abroad has?

You want to act like it's only old women abroad people know?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by timesup234: 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
GraGra247:

80% of Americans can't afford their iPhone. They all use contract phones. 80% of Americans can't even come up with a mere $400 in an emergency. Nigerians are richer than Americans. You read too many propaganda BS

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2020
timesup234:
80% of Americans can't afford their iPhone. They all use contract phones. 80% of Americans can't even come up with a mere $400 in an emergency. Nigerians are richer than Americans. You read too many propaganda BS

I wouldn't say richer..but it's because nigeria runs a cash-based economy so the people don't have a choice but to buy things outright.

In the west, they give ppl opportunities to own whatever they want by giving them loans, pay by installments and credit cards.

By the way contract phones are more expensive
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by nnaamehn(m): 5:02pm On Mar 09, 2020
one oversize polo, I couldn't help but to say thank you.... it was so annoying ���

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by GraGra247(m): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
timesup234:

Bros I honestly think the jokes on you if you blindly had to insinuate that Nigerians are richer than Americans.

All the data worldwide including from America you are defending clearly states otherwise.

If you had any iota of knowledge you would've known that till this day America is known worldwide as a highly developed country while Nigeria is refered to as a third world country.

If you ever went to school you'll know what these terminologies mean.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by timesup234: 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2020
GraGra247:

Bros I honestly think the jokes on you if you blindly had to insinuate that Nigerians are richer than Americans.

All the data worldwide including from America you are defending clearly states otherwise.

If you had any iota of knowledge you would've known that till this day America is known worldwide as a highly developed country while Nigeria is refered to as a third world country.

If you ever went to school you'll know what these terminologies mean.
and school has failed mankind. That's why majority of graduates in America in their mid 30's still live at home with their parents. That's why female college graduates also sleep with wealthy men in europe in order to pay back their student loans debt. Young man the only time America looks like a developed country is when their propaganda machines choke our fraudulent data. In reality America is the shithole of so called developed countries
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by otipoju(m): 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
Kenneygirl:
My besty that travelled abroad forgot my existence

She was your best friend, you were not her best friend.
You only found out too late. There's a big difference between someone you know and someone that knows you.

I have a friend who helped me at two very critical times.
Till today, I don't forget reaching out to him at least once in 3 months...even if na just call.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by GraGra247(m): 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
timesup234:
and school has failed mankind. That's why majority of graduates in America in their mid 30's still live at house with their parents. That's why female college graduates also sleep with wealthy men in europe in order to pay back their student loans debt. Young man the only time America looks like a developed country is when their propaganda machines choke our fraudulent data. In reality America is the shithole of so called developed countries

I give up on you. If you have to downplay the role of education with fictitious data that you manufactured from your deluded mind then there no hope for you.

This is you saying that you know more than everyone in the world's over 6 billion population including countless professors and doctors of science and researchers.

Please take your ignorance elsewhere.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by drmikeadams(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
fujirice:
Ah! Plenty gifts o!
The good thing is that I have never opened my mouth to ask them for anything yet -
They gave me 2009 Toyota Corolla, cash gifts are uncountable at different occasions, laptops, iPhones, clothes, chocolates etc.
My in-law is the best.
Remember, I never asked, he just does it out of his own volition.
Very sensitive guy that knows what a brother needs.
May God continue to bless him and my sister.
grin grin grin i swear ur ffuccking lucky,,the kain people i get ,,i just weak

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

/ I Think My Husband Scammed Me / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.