Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53250 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Elkash01(m): 7:55am On Mar 09, 2020
Possiblegee:
My uncle help me pick 500$ from my client till today e no no say na scam

You be werey o...lol
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by bamirotola: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2020
Boxers ni o... He buy boxers for Ikea under bridge lie gimme say na Yankee boxers... Use boxers go swim once, e tear inside swimming pool...den b scam

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by eyinola: 8:06am On Mar 09, 2020
Hp laptop

$1,000
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by san316(m): 8:07am On Mar 09, 2020
LordAzubuike:

So Liberia or serrie leone self na abroad ?
He lives in the US but runs his accounts in Nigeria. Sure he did it through one of his accounts.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Iceyjay(m): 8:07am On Mar 09, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
Electric doll when I was 10...
After that, countless eye masks. undecided
Mtchwwww
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:10am On Mar 09, 2020
bdemix:
I received Toyota Sienna February last year from my Eldest Brother, around September my immediate Elder brother sent me Nissan Altima 2010 #FamilyLove

Congrat bro.
Those kinda family members deserve our love nd prayer. When you're opportune to have a good person thank God 4 being favoured.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:13am On Mar 09, 2020
DropsMic:

You are just a typical black man... Educated but still daf** Please me point me to the place where op begged the said uncle..

Thanks bro 4 showing maturity. I even feel ashamed asking my dad 4 something not to talk of my uncle.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:15am On Mar 09, 2020
BiafranBushBoy:

How you?

I'm very well, thank you. How you doing, too?
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by BiafranBushBoy: 8:18am On Mar 09, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

I'm very well, thank you. How you doing, too?

Been a while...

On Whatsapp?
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 09, 2020
My favorite cousin that had just returned from Russia, in 2005, gave me an oversized 'New York Yankee' shirt. It was like "agbada" when I wore it, at home. Gave it out to an adult relative, that Same day. grin
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by makydebbie(f): 8:21am On Mar 09, 2020
The biggest gift I've ever received wasn't even from family. I'm forever grateful to the owner of that big heart. smiley
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Elkash01(m): 8:24am On Mar 09, 2020
shogsman:

People like you are your oversabi sha,the op asked a simple question and you're ranting, just keep mute if you can't relate bros.no qualms

Me self just dey wonder o.. you sure say all this people wey dey para with the Op so,no be dem dey this abroad so,wey no dey send nothing give relative them.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 09, 2020
200 dollars ok . Just recently my aunt sent another 200 dollars
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 8:32am On Mar 09, 2020
sorepco:
It depends bro...I be seen a person given 4 olaystations on his bday. What can he do with all?

i
He should gift them to someone else, dem swear for the person say nah so-so receive him go dey receive??

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 09, 2020
He brings back foreign clothes for me even without me asking.He gave me a huge amount of money last wk

Am still shocked
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by AreaFada2: 8:33am On Mar 09, 2020
foyeks2001:
I have got no close relative abroad.
My dear one day you will have.
Or you may even be the one yourself.

Most people abroad are not swimming in money as people think. Life is expensive. Some have 10 to 30 bills to pay depending on commitments.

Most who give is out of kindness and generosity. Not out of abundance.

When you want someone in 9ja to quickly borrow 20k to do something urgently like replace or mend something in your 9ja house, they will say where Will they get such big money?
But when you send 20k as a gift, they will say only 20k, what can that buy in 9ja these days?

A lot of the attitude is not encouraging.

People also forget that most abroad can have up to 50 relatives and friends making financial requests at the same time. By the time you send 10k to 50k to 25 or 40 people, it easily adds up.

But each person will consider you stingy because you didn't send a huge amount to him.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 09, 2020
shogsman:

You people with your overly right attitude,let me give you and isntance,you have a Samsung s8 and an iPhone 11pro max and you got another 11pro max as a birthday gift ,would you continue to use the 3phone knowing how much it could Fetch you just because you want to prove a point

Well, I will definitely not sell the particular one he gave me, rather the one I use before it. And what you did obviously pained the person, he is just trying not to show it. Believe me, next time, he will hardly get you something as nice cause he will believe you go just sell am
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 8:36am On Mar 09, 2020
nsiba:
Abroad people lie more than satan
Abroad, people, dey learn where 9ja people dey!

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Advancedman(m): 8:39am On Mar 09, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.

So the bargy is less than 800 perhaps you weren't asking for something better.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 8:39am On Mar 09, 2020
Validated:

How much you dey spend? Patapa, you go club and carry girls ... People there are building houses at home and remitting Billions of dollars, you are here drinking beer and thinking you are rich. Most Nigerians abroad own houses running in millions of Dollars upon which they pay monthly mortgage. Some build houses and rent them here and you guys will refuse to pay rent, calling them shylock.
Do you know that some of the people you refer to that "dem no born them well to spend as you do" are worth more than some of your revered politicians if they were to sell off their investments and return home with the cash? Go to a company like FSDH and ask them who are their key investors ... MYOPIA!!!
Dem nor know say some people house like play like play reach teh value of £500k and dem be 9-5 workers! grin grin
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 8:44am On Mar 09, 2020
einsteino:

You should try walking in his shoes. I really doubt anyone gifts to impress, at least I know I don't. I am also certain that the boxers he sent is worth way more than 250naira, you just don't know it. You would be amazed how much the things you take for granted in naija, cost in the first world. You can simply head to amazon.com and check what the average price of boxers is in the U.K. 250naira can not buy groundnut sef in the firstworld!

Another thing you guys don't realise is that 80% of messages we get from back home ends up in a debit alert. It doesn't matter what the sender starts the message by. You could get a msg from someone asking how you are doing, only for him to end up trying to get some money off you. It gets fustrating. Especially when most of these folks were just friends, acquaintances or relatives that didn't do anything for you that should make them entitled. The moment you change your profile pic/location on social media to reflect that you are overseas, you would see the other side of Nigerians. In my case, I just started getting random msgs from people who haven't spoken with me in a while. I even got friend requests from friends I last saw a decade ago, one of them asked me for money the very next day after I accepted his friend request! You don't think we are humans and this attitude forces us to cut off? No one likes being leeched on.
Reminds me of that victor AD song line **PHONE DEY RING OH NAH FAMILY DEY CALL OH, IF NOR BE BILL OH NAH SOMETHING DEY SUP OMO ANYHOW E B OMO MONEY MUST INVOLVE OH***
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Shila16: 8:45am On Mar 09, 2020
I think the problem here is the entitlement mentality of Nigerians. If dem gimme stuffs fine , and if not no wahala cos they don’t owe me shit.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 8:47am On Mar 09, 2020
grafixdon:

Oga forget that thing, let's face the reality. We're all human, sometimes you expect something reasonable from someone you think can afford it, I'm talking about someone that worth billion. Though he owes me nothing and I never asked but being the fact that I'm useful to him, he should at least give something reasonable.
People who work hard for their money do not dish it out for no reason, not even as gifts, something mus go back to them in return, they owe no one nothing nor any sort of explanation. however the thing is they can afford to pay for what they want without fear or favour, This is the true definition of being rich!
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by zichien: 8:49am On Mar 09, 2020
Like dont you have internet? Ask your mates how they are finding babes.. Keep waiting for your uncle. After he connects you..he will also help teach you how to chyke the babe.. pscheww
Chimezie198:
Asked him to connect me with an oyibo babe but it's over two years now still no connect. He kept on telling me the babe went on a course, that he would just connect our two on Facebook to chat.
That man sabi lie eh ..
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2020
Timileyin1234:
Is South Africa abroad too?
Yesoo, Even Benin Republic, Niger and Togo
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Oyinlomobambam(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2020
My first car year 2012.
Toyota Landover....

He sent it to me to sell, but after it landed I hear it's your birthday gift...

I wan crazy that day.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 8:53am On Mar 09, 2020
tobstarizhia:
Chocolates. which I later found cost less than a dollar. selfish pricks
This is xtreemly silly,a gift is not al about its value rather the heart to remember you and took their time out to get you something. if we place value on everything we call gift no one can afford all of it.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Shila16: 8:53am On Mar 09, 2020
shogsman:
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra rtx2080 for a late birthday gift late last year,and that was the first time I got gift from a relative,it set him back more than 3grand.
I sold it the same week I collected it,dude is still fighting with me till now,he said I don’t value things.
Thats very bad of you , not good at all
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by MansoryMX(m): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2020
Joshnerl:
$12000 for Christmas and new years celeb

That your abroad contact na criminal activities such as coke biz him/she dey operate. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 09, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.

So what have you given him? Because to him you are abroad too (Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by vicdon(m): 9:00am On Mar 09, 2020
paqman:
that what i wanted to type .dont worry if i first you go i feet con carry based on say we gat the say thought , but if say you first waka abeg no forget to be your brother keeper

Alright brother, sha get your international passport ready... E fit happen anytime...
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 09, 2020
einsteino:

You should try walking in his shoes. I really doubt anyone gifts to impress, at least I know I don't. I am also certain that the boxers he sent is worth way more than 250naira, you just don't know it. You would be amazed how much the things you take for granted in naija, cost in the first world. You can simply head to amazon.com and check what the average price of boxers is in the U.K. 250naira can not buy groundnut sef in the firstworld!

Another thing you guys don't realise is that 80% of messages we get from back home ends up in a debit alert. It doesn't matter what the sender starts the message by. You could get a msg from someone asking how you are doing, only for him to end up trying to get some money off you. It gets fustrating. Especially when most of these folks were just friends, acquaintances or relatives that didn't do anything for you that should make them entitled. The moment you change your profile pic/location on social media to reflect that you are overseas, you would see the other side of Nigerians. In my case, I just started getting random msgs from people who haven't spoken with me in a while. I even got friend requests from friends I last saw a decade ago, one of them asked me for money the very next day after I accepted his friend request! You don't think we are humans and this attitude forces us to cut off? No one likes being leeched on.
by trying to impress me I mean I worked hard for him without collecting payments, normally what I will charge clients millions for, I don't collect shishi based on brother level, I handle his projects well without ripping him off, though am not his direct engineer but his engineer collects money from me and I and that engineer are not at par so if I try ripping him off which I can never do, engineer will tell him and the engineer dare not try to rip him off.
Or is it when I help him to clear his goods, do you know the stress involved?
So when I say he tries to impress me with meagre I know exactly what I was saying, and believe you me, I have never asked him for anything or any help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

/ I Think My Husband Scammed Me / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.