Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? (5545 Views)

Can You Marry Ur Girlfriend(s) Who have Had Abortions 4 U In The Past? / Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? / Photos: Meet Charly Boys So Called V.i.r.g.i.n.s Who He Uses As Body Guards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by chatinent: 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
All right. Let me give you a picture of me. I'm quite fair, tall, and handsome, approachable and independent.

I teach in a secondary school (internship) and live with my kid sis who's a teacher too, and, well, I live a stone throw from where I work.
There is this particular girl in my class who's showed/and still showing the green lights that she's interested in me. It's clear her motives are a mixture of being needy of an intimate (maybe) relationship and being a friend.
I'm not really the kind who'll date his own students, and possibly can never have carnal knowledge with her. She visits on unannounced basis using 'my sister' as the rationale behind such visits.

PS: I haven't wooed or done anything indicating I am interested in such.

She called last Saturday, and I could not receive the calls due to the place I was. She redailed yesterday, sounding wearily why I had refused her call, and how she's happy to hear my voice.

Did I forget? She's always jealous seeing me with any other student (esp. female students); she enjoys staying with me all day which I am becoming uncomfortable with (as it may send the wrong message).
She buys things and keeps in my office without me ever requesting. Funnily enough, her close friend (also my student) is also showing same affection towards me.
Her friend will always (well seriously)say (should I say jokingly?) how she'd want to visit me which I will (also jokingly) not oblige to.

How do I politely show them the nearest exit with tact, and at the same time counsel them and assure them I am their teacher (which I will always be) and can be just a friend without sounding rude?
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by topmost1102(m): 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
Hope not underage??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by KingSatan: 7:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
cheesy
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by agabaI23(m): 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Secondary or Primary school?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by chatinent: 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
agabaI23:
Secondary or Primary school?
Secondary. The post has been updated.
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by Davash222(m): 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
How did she get your number

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by agabaI23(m): 7:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
Davash222:
My first question which I ask inside my.head

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by chatinent: 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
Davash222:
As form teacher of their class (SS3), it is required you share your number on the board to the class as a whole to the school functionaries (prefects) in class; they all have my number. Secondly, I'm in charge of monitoring these prefects and ensuring good work done.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by NextD18: 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
To be bluntly honest and at the risk of being tagged a peadophile; I'll gladly date and fvck my student[Ss3] if we have feelings for each other.

Quote me and I'll authoritatively tell you that you didn't write your Waec as a virgin.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by Davash222(m): 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2020
chatinent:

As form teacher of their class (SS3), it is required you share you number on the board to the class as a whole to the school functionaries (prefects) in class; they all have my number.
Are the students permitted to use phone in school
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by chatinent: 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
topmost1102:
Hope not underage??
These ones are within 18 to 20.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by chatinent: 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
Davash222:

Are the students permitted to use phone in school
Prefects only but not during school periods as they may be called upon to function anytime.
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by Davash222(m): 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2020
chatinent:

Prefects only but not during school periods as they may be called upon to function anytime.
Seems your school is quite different from Nigerian schools.
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by czarr(m): 7:36pm On Mar 09, 2020
Enjoy while it lasts grin

You know you like the attention grin
2 or 3years from now she fit no send you again o.

If she is up to the age of consent, just press her breast small wink

Tell her after she don graduate secondary school you will make her your gf officially....and if she is still a virgin she should keep it for you.

Thats my advice for you o,but if na me i for done bust am since for school toilet sef.

12 Likes

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by GuestLog: 7:36pm On Mar 09, 2020
It's a shame that no one is talking about professionalism.

Why would you want to date your student in the first place, let alone a secondary school girl?

Have you no shame to even bring this topic to public forum?

I pray her father gets a hold of you! Pervert!!

MODIFIED:

OP has been modified. I won't change my original post, let's just leave it at that!

18 Likes

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by chatinent: 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
GuestLog:
It's a shame that no one is talking about professionalism.

Why would you want to date your student in the first place, let alone a secondary school girl?

Have you no shame to even bring this topic to public forum?

I pray her father gets a hold of you! Pervert!!
Don't you read? I'm talking professionalism here.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by chatinent: 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
Davash222:
Seems your school is quite different from Nigerian schools.
I don't really understand in what direction you mean.
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by chatinent: 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
czarr:
Enjoy while it lasts grin

You know you like the attention grin
2 or 3years from now she fit no send you again o.

If she is up to the age of consent, just press her breast small wink

Tell her after she don graduate secondary school you will make her your gf officially....and if she is still a virgin she should keep it for you.

Thats my advice for you o,but if na me i for done bust am since for school toilet sef.
Bros, not when it is a fight between respect and reputation.
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by czarr(m): 7:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
chatinent:

Bros, not when it is a fight between respect and reputation.
i hear you
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by Amarabae(f): 7:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
Call her, sit her down and talk sense into her
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by topmost1102(m): 7:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
chatinent:

These ones are within 18 to 20.
better
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by modsareuseless: 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2020
the type of comments i see here, indeed many people in this forum are sick

13 Likes

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
NextD18:
To be bluntly honest and at the risk of being tagged a peadophile; I'll gladly date and fvck my student[Ss3] if we have feelings for each other.

Quote me and I'll authoritatively tell you that you didn't write your Waec as a virgin.
your obsession with virgins ehn.I get undiluted virgin to give you ooo. A very beautiful,young and highly intelligent virgin,ordinary hug sef she never receive from any man. Full packaged original virgin

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by Froshloaded: 8:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
I feel you created that space for them to have that kind of feeling for you angry

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by chatinent: 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Amarabae:
Call her, sit her down and talk sense into her
That's the point.
Give me the 'sense' to talk into her.
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by chatinent: 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
NextD18:

Two students who are friends and class mates? Even when your reputation is at stake?
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by Sixfeetbelle: 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2020
NextD18:

You're supposed to be a role model, not their lover.

Would you happy if some riff-raff did same to your sister?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by Sixfeetbelle: 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
Op, I'll give you the talk a Corp member gave us a long time ago when we were crushing on him. It doesn't mean they'll listen to you and take it to heart, but at least, your conscience will be clear.

"Love at this stage in your life is misleading. Yes, you know what you feel, and I don't doubt they are genuine. But you are too inexperienced to know exactly how to handle or channel that love. You think I'm the most handsome guy you've ever met, but I kid you not, that's because you haven't met a lot of guys. When you do, I won't even surface in your mind again. Life has more to offer you if you'd dream of being a woman of substance like Chiamanda or Okonjo-Iweala who knew right from time to set aside their feelings when they were like you. Be patient. Don't rush into it. Love will find you when you're ready."

In my defence, it was a long time ago and these were not his exact words, but I hope you get the drift.

Lower your quality in their eyes. Make them feel they can do better for themselves than being with someone like you. It might not work, but should put a doubt in their mind.

Good luck.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by chatinent: 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

You're supposed to be a role model, not their lover.
Would you happy if some riff-raff did same to your sister?
Never going to be their 'lover.' I just need words to tell them off.
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by Jokerman(m): 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
You had better warn them and keep your distance

Don't let devil fool you
Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by Okoroawusa: 8:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
Op, I'll give you the talk a Corp member gave us a long time ago when we were crushing on him. It doesn't mean they'll listen to you and take it to heart, but at least, your conscience will be clear.

"Love at this stage in your life is misleading. Yes, you know what you feel, and I don't doubt they are genuine. But you are too inexperienced to know exactly how to handle or channel that love. You think I'm the most handsome guy you've ever met, but I kid you not, that's because you haven't met a lot of guys. When you do, I won't even surface in your mind again. Life has more to offer you if you'd dream of being a woman of substance like Chiamanda or Okonjo-Iweala who knew right from time to set aside their feelings when they were like you. Be patient. Don't rush into it. Love will find you when you're ready."

In my defence, it was a long time ago and these were not his exact words, but I hope you get the drift.

Lower your quality in their eyes. Make them feel they can do better for themselves than being with someone like you. It might not work, but should put a doubt in their mind.

Good luck.
You are the one that has made sense here

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? by Happyfela(m): 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
Is it Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Make My Wife More Romantic? / My Prety Wife Alwayz LockUP At Night. / 11 Times The Wind Blew In The Wrong Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.