Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,312 members, 7,811,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? (56209 Views)

What You Need To Know About The Types Of Nysc Certificates / Ex-Corper Returns To His Village To Show His Mother His NYSC Discharged Cert / Certificates Acquired During NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by maklelemakukula(m): 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2020
dennisco4u:
It's because grades were not writing on it.......
I wonder what your own grade would be
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
Samakus:
As asked by Hon. Ifeanyi Aniagoh, a facebook user and aide to Anambra Governor, Willie Obiano, what do you think is the reason?
. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by eneyoduke(m): 9:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
Because of 3rd class grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Mkayfrenzy(m): 9:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
... Because not all things are meant for the public.

More like why do women flaunt their newborns and not where it can me out from

Keep secret things secret and public things public cool

Chai see sense
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by ekevwe(m): 9:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
The reason is almost everyone is not happy with their grades except those with first class because of how Nigeria Universities are. For NYSC certificate people are happy about it.. For me, its more important than grades.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by edoairways: 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
Femich18:
Lols... Don't you know NYSC cert have got no grade attached!

You want people to flaunt their 3rd class certificate or do you want those that had 1st class or 2nd class upper to show the world their grade so that village people will hold emergency meeting ontop their matter?

You sef think am
But village people will still know anyway or don't they flaunt their inscribed T-shirts during final year on the social media?
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Goovo(m): 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
phransix2:
That's because you can only call urself a graduate after u must have completed the compulsory one year service...
Op, this is the answer. Case closed
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Neddyogu(m): 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
Cos success has a hundred fathers while failure is an orphan......
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by tex73: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
The End result is what matters in 9ja!! cool
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by babyfaceafrica: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
Vyolet:
1. NYSC certificates are mostly obtained before the degree certificate atleast for most schools, prospective corp members go to camp with statement of results.
2. Grade, no one wants others to really know the grade they graduated with to avoid unnecessary trolls.

Why can't people show off their statement of result then?
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Femich18(m): 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
edoairways:

But village people will still know anyway or don't they flaunt their inscribed T-shirts during final year on the social media?
Lols. They will still know but they won't know the grade nah. The grade is the main deal boss grin
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by frozen70(f): 9:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
Samakus:
As asked by Hon. Ifeanyi Aniagoh, a facebook user and aide to Anambra Governor, Willie Obiano, what do you think is the reason?

NYSC Certificate marks the end of first degree

With out going for the service, urs assumed that one gave an issue and it's incomplete with out NYSC, even if its an exemption

So to me, it's more fun going through the service which gives you opportunity to go to a state ordinarily you won't try going there

Life as a youth corper gives you fullfilled life than the live if hard times being an undergraduate
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Bukfab(f): 9:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
Dey Don't Want To End Like Sister Kemi Ade...��� Ni
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by airminem(f): 9:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
It still doesnt make Buhar to tender his secondary school cert wink
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by abbasajao(m): 9:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
Because there is no grade in it simple
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2020
Because they are hypocrites angry
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by edoairways: 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
Femich18:

Lols. They will still know but they won't know the grade nah. The grade is the main deal boss grin
cheesy grin
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by chatinent: 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
Would you yourself like to show the world a Pass?
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
The answer is simple: Grades!
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Okoroawusa: 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
geedot:
Nigerians and stupid trends. They do it because everyone is doing it not minding if it look so stupid and childish.
With the rate of unemployment, showing off with NYSC discharge letter should be the least concern for any sensible person.

Was scrolling through my Facebook page last week and saw lot of people posting it(mostly ladies), I unfriended every single one of them. This is 2020, I don't need stupid people around me.
Wetin you come gain?
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by pocohantas(f): 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
Problem of 2.2 and below people.

We that finished with nearly first class cannot relate.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Christian07(m): 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
Because it’s now common

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by ChineduBato: 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
Social Media Manager (Intern) at 4ITAFRICA

4ITAFRICA offers comprehensive and scalable financial and consulting services for project ideas that are in alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). 4ITAFRICA, as an impact investment organization, is primarily targeted at solving Africa's most pressing problems such as unemployment, high rate of poverty, low quality education, among many other socially demanding issues.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Manager (Intern)
About The Internship Program
The internship program is set to support undergraduate students with employability skills necessary to work with a goal driven team in the Communications and the Business Strategy and Partnership departments.
The program is unpaid and will run for a period of 6 months, it is primarily designed to give practical insights into how you can have hands-on experience in your chosen career.
Requirements
Applicants must:
Be an undergraduate student from any tertiary institution in Nigeria
Be ready to multi-task and also be a good team player
Have the ability to work independently with no or minimal supervision
Be willing to learn and show positive attitude to work.

The Benefits
Our interns will be trained on the strategies of communication / media relations (and / or the techniques involved in business strategy and analysis) by experts in the field.
Interns will have the opportunity to work, meet with and learn from great minds in the industry.
Certificate of Appreciation and Thank You gift package will be sent to the interns, shortly after the program.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Click here to apply: https://www.doublemanonline.com.ng/2020/03/social-media-manager-intern-at-4itafrica.html?m=1
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by KingWarri: 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Why do girls show off their cleavage and breast but hide the nipples?
tongue tongue tongue

Maddddoooo

Oga wetin you wan see??

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by worldclass68(m): 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
I think they/we want to avoid kemi adeosun or whatever her is saga...like " oga see me ooo, I do my NYSC program ooo" in the future, lol
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by adeoba2008(m): 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
How do you expect a third class graduate to flaunt his certificate ? The only thing that all graduates have in common is their degrees. It's very easy to flaunt it. Olodo will always hide their certificates.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by odimbannamdi(m): 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2020
phransix2:
That's because you can only call urself a graduate after u must have completed the compulsory one year service...
Just look at how this one reasons.. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
correctyourself:
Without this certificate no public office/organization would pay you as a graduate, also this provide you were once a student because not all student are actually student of the school they claim to be a student.

Also to silent future political enemy who may give fales allegations that you didn't service your country through the program.

I personally know more than 5 people who didn't finish their university education and are currently serving. NYSC Na scam.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by pasol4real(m): 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
phransix2:
What did u smoke?
Pls stay away from drugs

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2020
I don't do that shit.

I beg to be different

That's me on the right end.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Budline1(m): 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
geedot:
Nigerians and stupid trends. They do it because everyone is doing it not minding if it look so stupid and childish.
With the rate of unemployment, showing off with NYSC discharge letter should be the least concern for any sensible person.

Was scrolling through my Facebook page last week and saw lot of people posting it(mostly ladies), I unfriended every single one of them. This is 2020, I don't need stupid people around me.

Hahahaha. Nice one. grin grin
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Starhearts: 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Why do girls show off their cleavage and breast but hide the nipples?

Some nipple are not friendly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogun Female Corper Dies Of Ulcer (Photos) / Medlin Chisom, Corper Faces Sexual Assault, Threatenes To Report Her Director / Can A Graduate In Part-time Studies Do Youth Service (NYSC)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.