Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? (56210 Views)

What You Need To Know About The Types Of Nysc Certificates / Ex-Corper Returns To His Village To Show His Mother His NYSC Discharged Cert / Certificates Acquired During NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by jidxin(m): 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
Tick080:
Swrs, I thought as much

Waiting for comments
go and read your books, finish your sch and wen you finish serving u will understand
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Usorohtheman(m): 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
Many questions are not relevant.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by jidxin(m): 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
ekevwe:
The reason is almost everyone is not happy with their grades except those with first class because of how Nigeria Universities are. For NYSC certificate people are happy about it.. For me, its more important than grades.

But have you seen where anyone displayed their first class certificate?
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Onojasteve(m): 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Because in this country some day someone will say you do not serve yourself fatherland that you cannot be governor
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by TopNotchdecor(m): 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Samakus:
As asked by Hon. Ifeanyi Aniagoh, a facebook user and aide to Anambra Governor, Willie Obiano, what do you think is the reason?
stupid question!
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by shegoon: 10:15pm On Mar 09, 2020
I don't think it's because of some people stupidity but to me for security purpose,especially in later future when someone might come with argument that you didn't participate in NYSC or ur possess a fake certificate. You can then bring out the pic posed with the certificate.ask bunmi Adeosun and others in NYSC certificate saga.LOL
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by mayten(m): 10:17pm On Mar 09, 2020
Samakus:
As asked by Hon. Ifeanyi Aniagoh, a facebook user and aide to Anambra Governor, Willie Obiano, what do you think is the reason?

The truth is Degree Certificates are not gotten instantly unlike NYSC certificate given the day of POP. Some of us haven't even collected our original degree certificate five years down the line. How do gou expect us to flaunt it? We can only flaunt a certificate that's closer and that's NYSC certificate which you can't get if you've not gotten your first degree
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by CuteYvonne777: 10:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
I Noticed That Too
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by momove4real25(f): 10:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
KingWarri:

tongue tongue tongue

Maddddoooo

Oga wetin you wan see??
lol
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
After you will find them working at petrol stations and restuarants, some will become full time hoes while the men will become cult members, yahoo boy, armed robbers or kidnappers.

No jobs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by ZooOga: 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
dem smart enough to protect their vital graduation document from the 419-yahoo creatures and dere prolific id theft industry. wink
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
That one go tough o
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
many reasons.. ask kemi adeosun...and others...
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Realfrankie(m): 10:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
Why asking this stupid question here?
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2020
phransix2:
That's because you can only call urself a graduate after u must have completed the compulsory one year service...

Really
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Tchange1(m): 10:36pm On Mar 09, 2020
So that they wouldn't be Like Kemi Adeosun grin
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Brunicekid(m): 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
phransix2:
That's because you can only call urself a graduate after u must have completed the compulsory one year service...
It's a lie. You are already a graduate before NYSC. You only complete your National Service for Nigeria through NYSC.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by luluman: 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Why do girls show off their cleavage and breast but hide the nipples?
Because that one is the koko now
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by mayor10(m): 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2020
I updated my certificate on WhatsApp status when uncollected it..bad Belle's started saying I'm flaunting my grade.

I
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
geedot:
Nigerians and stupid trends. They do it because everyone is doing it not minding if it look so stupid and childish.
With the rate of unemployment, showing off with NYSC discharge letter should be the least concern for any sensible person.

Was scrolling through my Facebook page last week and saw lot of people posting it(mostly ladies), I unfriended every single one of them. This is 2020, I don't need stupid people around me.

I don't know your problem with how others choose to live their lives. If you want to be sad, do so solemnly and enjoy your sadness to the fullest.

That people would die doesn't mean they shouldn't be happy for being alive. Happiness is a choice.

Since you didn't post your own discharge certificate, I hope you're now the latest richest man in Africa or you status has upgraded.

The problems of the world and that in your family would continue. It's now your choice to handle it as it pleases you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by geedot: 10:47pm On Mar 09, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

I don't know your problem with how others choose to live their lives. If you want to be sad, do so solemnly and enjoy your sadness to the fullest.

That people would die doesn't mean they shouldn't be happy still believe alive. Happiness is a choice.

Since you didn't post your own discharge certificate, I hope you're now the latest richest man in Africa or you status has upgraded.
Lol, someone here is guilty..
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 09, 2020
geedot:
Lol, someone here is guilty..

I don't need to prove you wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by LordAzubuike(f): 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
KingOzigi:
I don't do that shit.

I beg to be different

That's me on the right end.
No wonder your life is upside down

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by mexbee1(m): 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
Samakus:

Las las Who d certificate eppp

Still on the matter ohh

Go off the Grid today with the power in your hands call us to get a free quote and consultations on all the solutions Dexter Engineering Services offers which are designed and tailored to meet your immediate needs.

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by donMIG(m): 11:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
Coz they no wan show u dia 2.2 n the rest make u no cone dei respect them

All sef I no go show nobody
Make we soon go collect out 33k jor
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by SweetOlive(f): 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Another angle grin
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Mailthaddeus(m): 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2020
phransix2:
This is not true. U become a graduate the moment ur degree is confered on u.

They flaunt it cos it has no grade, first class and third class become equal.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Caramelskin(f): 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
Before you get the degree certificate from school, you for don marry sef (Exxagerating). Besides you pay for the certificate, do clearance and stress yourself before u get it but NYSC is stress free and given to all corp members passing out on the same day.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by MzWendy: 11:36pm On Mar 09, 2020
If you don’t partake in NYSC, you are not a graduate.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by barajo1(m): 11:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
because NYSC cert has no grade
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Godwin2am(m): 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
SUPERPACK:
food for thought
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by ALABACONNECT(m): 11:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
Did you ask us to show and we didn't present it? Well, Go and run one month out of your comfort zone and tell me how that feels

Well,for your smart TVs and Soundsystems, check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogun Female Corper Dies Of Ulcer (Photos) / Medlin Chisom, Corper Faces Sexual Assault, Threatenes To Report Her Director / Can A Graduate In Part-time Studies Do Youth Service (NYSC)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.