Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? (56211 Views)

What You Need To Know About The Types Of Nysc Certificates / Ex-Corper Returns To His Village To Show His Mother His NYSC Discharged Cert / Certificates Acquired During NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Ebenezer2021(m): 11:55pm On Mar 09, 2020
EdidemLord:
They're ashamed of the grades they passed out with...Amadioha is always busy may Ogun kill all of them.
idem mfo isongo o
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by delishpot: 12:03am On Mar 10, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
... Because not all things are meant for the public.

More like why do women flaunt their newborns and not where it can me out from

Keep secret things secret and public things public cool

Why do men flaunt their moms and not where they poled out from? Why do men flaunt their dads and not where he squirted them from?
Why do men proudly flaunt their newborn sons claiming to be good scorers but don't show us the tool they used to score?
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by udemzyudex(m): 12:05am On Mar 10, 2020
phransix2:
That's because you can only call urself a graduate after u must have completed the compulsory one year service...

Says who?
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by ibietela2(m): 12:08am On Mar 10, 2020
Samakus:
As asked by Hon. Ifeanyi Aniagoh, a facebook user and aide to Anambra Governor, Willie Obiano, what do you think is the reason?

Nice ass they have
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by jaxxy(m): 12:08am On Mar 10, 2020
Samakus:
As asked by Hon. Ifeanyi Aniagoh, a facebook user and aide to Anambra Governor, Willie Obiano, what do you think is the reason?

I think it’s because of its design, uniqueness and organization from the PPA to the outfit and one year service duration to ur country. It’s also the final hurdle b4 u actually get to enter the labor market guess bt for me it’s nothing spectacular just sm celebration like ur graduation.

Also when most people graduate their certificate aren’t ready or given then until much later.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by nephemmy(m): 12:16am On Mar 10, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Why do girls show off their cleavage and breast but hide the nipples?

Plasmolysis effect resulting from several hard vengeful masculine hands.. Lol
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by CsRockefeller(m): 12:17am On Mar 10, 2020
geedot:
Nigerians and stupid trends. They do it because everyone is doing it not minding if it look so stupid and childish.
With the rate of unemployment, showing off with NYSC discharge letter should be the least concern for any sensible person.

Was scrolling through my Facebook page last week and saw lot of people posting it(mostly ladies), I unfriended every single one of them. This is 2020, I don't need stupid people around me.

grin grin
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by correctyourself(m): 12:19am On Mar 10, 2020
AdmiralDru:

I personally know more than 5 people who didn't finish their university education and are currently serving. NYSC Na scam.

The way it was done far back 2010 it's the schools that sent graduated students names to NYSC and these are the ones who their results are ready.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Bobotic(m): 12:22am On Mar 10, 2020
Fellow Nigerians which WAY?

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by aspirebig: 12:22am On Mar 10, 2020
Is simply, in Nigeria you can get more job as NYSC certificate holder than a degree holder without NYSC certificate.

The class of degree is not the issue , but have you served and completed your NYSC?

Some served but did not complete their service year.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Monday60655(m): 12:26am On Mar 10, 2020
The reason is simple. On the POP day for NYSC, everybody got his or her certificate the same day and the euphoria/joy is seen in everyone face, thereby making people to gather and take pics with the said NYSC certificate.
While on the other hand, on the day of graduation everybody graduated without the degree certificate. In fact, in some institutions you may not get the certificate till after some months or even years at times. So by the time you collect the degree certificate, you may be the only one that day or that period.
So that's the reason.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by U2ice(m): 12:34am On Mar 10, 2020
phransix2:
That's because you can only call urself a graduate after u must have completed the compulsory one year service...

Simple
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by micflo28(m): 12:35am On Mar 10, 2020
Degree results remind most graduates dere sad experience, scandalous and wasteful lifestyle and wicked lecturers DAT got dem poor grades so dey at not happy to show it
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Lexusgs430: 12:43am On Mar 10, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Why do girls show off their cleavage and breast but hide the nipples?

Do you like them chunky?..... grin
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by projectNDPRA: 1:21am On Mar 10, 2020
How The Elites Are Using “Divide And Rule” To Control Us

Meanwhile, Bello in the north, Nnamdi in the east, Akintola in the West are all struggling to put food on the table, and Mary and Halima are desperate for medication for their new born babies. While Hon. Adamu, Tunde & Obi enjoy fancy dinner parties together, world class education for their children and constant global vacation tours with their families. Yet nothing changes, albeit the disparity seems to get worse.

Who is to blame? https://www.nairaland.com/5206416/national-dialogue-policy-reform-awareness #letsworktogether #standup #speakforjutice #oppressionisachoice
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Ojady(m): 3:29am On Mar 10, 2020
Simple, because the degree is a reflection of their mental power while the other is just a piece of paper to show an absolute waste of time
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by tiredoflife(m): 3:37am On Mar 10, 2020
handsomeyinka:
It's just for fun...

IN NIGERIA,,The rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer..

Whatever comes out of our lifes depends on our destiny..

To All the graduates out there that have gone though lots of stress and agony to become a graduate,I pray the Lord almighty will surprise us this year..Our enemies and mockers will bow before us.

Off key
Wetin concern rich or poor
Answer the damn question or shut up
That's why many of u are unemployable

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by NovusHomo(m): 3:41am On Mar 10, 2020
Samakus:

You go happy show Third Class or ordinary Pass? grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by henleytafoya21: 4:14am On Mar 10, 2020
Okayoo

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by kingjoe(m): 4:27am On Mar 10, 2020
Having gone through all comments.the following can be summarized as the reasons. 1.It doesn't have any grade .grades differentiate between certificates.all copies are the same.2. people cherish and value more things they spent money to get.it is hidden and kept in a safe place.in Nysc no fees are paid..3.if results are given to all students at the same time . some may do it,it is done individually so people don't gather.4 most people who graduate are not proud of their results ,course of study or sch.more foreign graduates with first class always show us their degree results. our research shows. reason 1. 60% 2. 15% 3.7.5% 4.5% 5.others -13.5%
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Esteemval(f): 6:14am On Mar 10, 2020
Good morning everyone, please someone should subscribe for me, let me browse my course outline please, the lecturer didn't complete his lecture and exams is few days away. #1000 will go a long way, thanks and God bless you
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by chykeo1(m): 6:32am On Mar 10, 2020
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 10, 2020
geedot:
Nigerians and stupid trends. They do it because everyone is doing it not minding if it look so stupid and childish.
With the rate of unemployment, showing off with NYSC discharge letter should be the least concern for any sensible person.

Was scrolling through my Facebook page last week and saw lot of people posting it(mostly ladies), I unfriended every single one of them. This is 2020, I don't need stupid people around me.
You're mean o guy cheesy.. Anyways, people should be left to do what makes them happy provided they ain't hurting anyone. It'd help reduce suicide rates.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 10, 2020
The degrees are mostly useless in the real economy.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by bussyboy500(m): 7:21am On Mar 10, 2020
If certificate were giving immediately after exams or final project, we would have flaunt it..
Degree certs ready 3 years after graduation.
Most schools do convocation once in four/five years.
So tell me what's there to flaunt after a long run
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by MartinsD12(m): 7:24am On Mar 10, 2020
Samakus:
It's because that are not proud of their certificate
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by Xexza(m): 7:27am On Mar 10, 2020
Most times people obtain their NYSC discharge certificate before their school certificate. For most schools (public schools), you have to wait for about 3 to 4 years after graduation before you get your certificate.
When it's finally time to get the certificate, there's no occasion organised for it; people just go to their schools individually to pick the certificate up.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by handsomeyinka(m): 7:28am On Mar 10, 2020
tiredoflife:

Off key
Wetin concern rich or poor
Answer the damn question or shut up
That's why many of u are unemployable
Its not my fault if you didnt fit into the category of people have wished well.You can kiss my ass and next time you need to keep quiet when your elders are talking.

You must have been hit on the nerves JUNKIE.

Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:33am On Mar 10, 2020
geedot:

Don't call people stupid. It's their certs and it's their business what they do with it.

No one called u stupid for not living in a Mansion or attending the school you did.
Re: Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? by DexterousOne(m): 7:40am On Mar 10, 2020
geedot:

This action you took is actually silly

Nothing wrong with flaunting your NYSC certificate

It's not a crime and it causes no harm
You Nigerians just like wahala too much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogun Female Corper Dies Of Ulcer (Photos) / Medlin Chisom, Corper Faces Sexual Assault, Threatenes To Report Her Director / Can A Graduate In Part-time Studies Do Youth Service (NYSC)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.