Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. (81829 Views)

Sanusi's Grandfather, Muhammadu Sanusi Was Dethroned By Ahmadu Bello / Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey / Sanusi Dethroned By Kano State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by baralatie(m): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2020
XklusivGistBlog:

We fought war with the looters... While ur parents slaved away with their fulani masters.
Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2020
olaric:
Shouldn't that Iwo monarch be the next one to be dethroned and banished to China? The oba is a jaguda.

I agree.

He should be dethroned and sent away.

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by wetmenow: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2020
Obafemi Awolowo
Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Kendroid: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2020
onyekabe:
Oba of Benin was never detroned he was taken to exile while in exile he was still the king of Benin people until after his death the Benin people mourn his as their king before crowning his son
Dethroning does not necessarily mean another must be crowned.
Once you're a king and you're forcefully taken out of your kingdom, my brother that's called dethronement!

I understand u guys are trying so hard to cover up for him Shah!

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by OgbanjeProphet: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2020
XklusivGistBlog:

Shame on you...u compare the british military might with Miyetii allah... Thou fool ur days are numbered. We fought and won... His seed is our oba till date
please type coherently so that I can understand you.

Whose days are numbered please? Let me know so that I can figure out a better reply.

Modified...

I think I have got the gibberish that you were trying to pass across.

You are confused. Your days with that of your entire family is numbered. If you quote me again, I go give my first OGBANJE PROPHECY on top your head. Make we see whether una Bini witchcraft go save you.

Idiotic slowpoke.

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by AfroKnight: 10:09am On Mar 11, 2020
BafanaBafana:

Igbos have no king.
A lot of Igbos do not even know who the Obi of onitsha is

Don’t exaggerate na. So Igbos have no king, but obi of Onitsha is what? A class captain? Baba calm down.

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Kendroid: 10:10am On Mar 11, 2020
Unbiased1:
Non from Igbo land cheesy
The Obi of Onitsha and those of Nnewi communities must be very disciplined people not to have been dethroned since 1445 and 1500s
Igbo eweghi Eze!

We don't have king

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by skywalker240(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2020
You forgot King Jaja of Opobo

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by jamace(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2020
Dethronement is okay but BANISHMENT IS COLONIAL MENTALITY.

Banishment should be jettisoned in a democracy.

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by baralatie(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2020
Kendroid:

Dethroning does not necessarily mean another must be crowned.
Once you're a king and you're forcefully taken out of your kingdom, my brother that's called dethronement!

I understand u guys are trying so hard to cover up for him Shah!
they want to have heart Attack because of it.Oba of Benin was replaced o!They should go and read what the British Royal did.
it was not funny

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Kendroid: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2020
AfroKnight:

Don’t exaggerate na. So Igbos have no king, but obi of Onitsha is what? A class captain? Baba calm down.
He's a king only in Onitsha, we Igbos have no King!

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Zchi1052(m): 10:13am On Mar 11, 2020
In Nigeria,it's new day new method... worst of it all is it makes things not working at all...some changes supposed to be for good but reverse is the case
Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by AreaFada2: 10:13am On Mar 11, 2020
chatinent:
All Kings are subjected to politics; even the Oba of Benin.
But the write-up left something important out. To the Benins, he was still the Oba of Benin. Only just in exile. He was never replaced on the throne. It was impossible. The crown prince only became Oba in 1914 after Oba Ovonramwen passed on in Calabar. In most other places, his brother, cousin or even his son would have yielded to the British desire to be a puppet King. Not in Benin.

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by AfroKnight: 10:14am On Mar 11, 2020
Kendroid:

He's a king only in Onitsha, we Igbos have no King!

Lol perhaps the people in Onitsha are idomas then, not igbos. See talk.

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Kendroid: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2020
baralatie:

they want to have heart Attack because of it.Oba of Benin was replaced o!They should go and read what the British Royal did.
it was not funny
There was a serious war on Twitter yesterday in regards to this issue. I dedicated a lot of time yesterday reading about every recognised King in Nigeria. Oba of Benin was for sure dethroned!

They should just accept that fact!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Trimque2k1(m): 10:15am On Mar 11, 2020
thundafire:
Even the present Oba of Benin can be booted out even Sultan
When you think you know it all...so when you dethrone the Oba of benin, who are you going to install there?? Because it's only his son nd first son only that can take that position after his father's death. So please stop this ur dreams. We all read history and saw what transpired that lead to the illegal arrest of the then Oba and not till after his death there was not any Oba in benin kingdom...na God of benin kingdom go punished that Obaseki family wey bring all this history so

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Jabioro: 10:16am On Mar 11, 2020
princemillla:
Op God bless you wherever you go.

Same God that will bless this Op will punish all those behind the scrapping of history from our academic curriculum
Amen!!!

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Adgideon(m): 10:16am On Mar 11, 2020
Unbiased1:
The Obi of Onitsha and those of Nnewi communities must be very disciplined people not to have been dethroned since 1445 and 1500s
They are too afraid to speak out their minds they are all cowards,
Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Nwogeh: 10:17am On Mar 11, 2020
No single Igbo king is among yet they said Igbos hate themselves and play bitter politics

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by wealthymind: 10:17am On Mar 11, 2020
Unbiased1:

Everyone is a king in his own house in the east. We no send dem so no need to depose any.

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by erico2k2(m): 10:18am On Mar 11, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
For those saying that the Oba of Benin can never be dethroned, I hope you have seen that one has been dethroned before.

Benin people are good at witchery and witchcraft, but they are not the most powerful witches or wizards in the world. Even those in government have their own witchcraft. "A dịghị agba aka arị ọji"

Ordinary girl or boy in the Street may have more powerful juju in her or his possession than Benin palace.

So if any king do anyhow, he go see anyhow.

Na before kings go collect another man's wife and nothing go happen.
you cannot dethrone who you never i nstalled, those who where dethroned where planted by political means!

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by BafanaBafana: 10:18am On Mar 11, 2020
AfroKnight:

What I mean is that the kingship thing is not really a big deal over there. You to check am.

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 11, 2020
what makes the throne/traditional titles different from politics; aren't they meant to be 'far apart'
Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Bellotelli: 10:19am On Mar 11, 2020
orisa37:
The Case of AKURE makes it clearer. The GOVERNOR acted on the Wishes of The People. Mimiko didn't dethrone until the people asked him to do so. Traditional Rulers are Representatives of God on Earth and God's Trustees for the Land, Language, Tribe,.Time and Tongue they represent.
The British applied Colonial Rules to the cases in which they got involved with NIGERIA.
Awolowo saw far into the Future what others around him, including Azikwe couldn't see. He had the opportunity to prevent undue Advantage being taken of his YORUBA TRIBE and he ceased it like a Master.
Current Cases of Emirs' Dethronement leading to the present WIP are resultant Bastardization and Violation of the people of NIGERIA's Fundamental Rights.
The Federal Constitution divorced Traditional Rulers from Land Control and handed such Controls over to Governors who were then wholly Military. Ganduje now acting "GANG UP CHOP N CHOP" HOOLIGANISM with Traditional Rulers is an extension of some borrowed Military Prowess.
GANDUJE has not behaved like Mimiko. So let the case go to Court.
The People hire their Traditional Rulers. And only the People can fire their Traditional Rulers.

Grant Full Autonomy of Police, Resources and Elections Control to the 37 legit States of NIGERIA and all Problems will be done with.
Well said, maybe same thing should apply to the that yahoo king of Iwo

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Deicide: 10:19am On Mar 11, 2020
I have always wondered why we still have all this monarchy system in Nigeria, even though we operate under Democracy. Democracy is an illusion, but that a topic for another day.

Then it came to me, this monarchy is kept because of politics, the government need a figure head to convince there people to vote for them! If not I don't see any use of the System if it can be influenced by the Government. But unfortunately we as the Citizens don't care! Even though the system makes us tribalist among one another.

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Deepfeel(m): 10:20am On Mar 11, 2020
Mysticwebb:
And Obi of Onitsha is not there, meaning their king the Obi of Onitsha has never been dethroned since it began in mid 16th century.
I think the present king Nnaemeka is the 21sth King of that kingdom.

In the real sense Igbo's were people with no king, all these obi's igwe's was forced upon us by the colonial masters in order to control the Igbo's easily the Yoruba's , northerners had powerful kings that were worshiped by their people making it easy for them to be colonized it took 30 plus years to colonize the Igbo's

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Kendroid: 10:20am On Mar 11, 2020
phayvoursky:
This op should get his facts checked. Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi was never dethroned but exiled. While in exile he was still King of Benin.

Benin and Edo people can't have 2 Kings alive.
Do you even know the meaning of the word

"DETHRONE"

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Gazzy88(m): 10:21am On Mar 11, 2020
sinkhole:
Being a monarch this era is a scam, I will rather face my business than being made a king; who can dethrone or banish Alhaji Aliko Dangote?
Government can do worst to Dangote if he get into their black book. After God, fear government.

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Kendroid: 10:23am On Mar 11, 2020
AfroKnight:

Lol perhaps the people in Onitsha are idomas then, not igbos. See talk.
Don't get me wrong bro. Onitsha is simply a part of Igbo land.
Meanwhile, Igbo in general is a tribe of its own, and we do not have a king that rules over us!

Got me now? undecided

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by Deepfeel(m): 10:24am On Mar 11, 2020
Adgideon:
They are too afraid to speak out their minds they are all cowards,

Igbo's have no king , all these people you call kings in Igbo land are just clan leaders or chiefs , family leaders etc

Re: Influential Traditional Rulers Who Were Dethroned In Nigeria. by baralatie(m): 10:24am On Mar 11, 2020
Trimque2k1:
When you think you know it all...so when you dethrone the Oba of benin, who are you going to install there?? Because it's only his son nd first son only that can take that position after his father's death. So please stop this ur dreams. We all read history and saw what transpired that lead to the illegal arrest of the then Oba and not till after his death there was not any Oba in benin kingdom...na God of benin kingdom go punished that Obaseki family wey bring all this history so
wetin Obaseki family do you.
when the British dethroned Oba of Benin and had him replaced.Benin should have entered the royal boat and sailed to England and start 2nd British/Benin War on their own ground now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Senate President Akpabio, Wife And Son Visit President Tinubu / Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them / Obasanjo Rocks Stylish Native Wear Like A Teenage Star