Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller (70003 Views)

Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi / Eta Mbora Introduces Bill On Automatic Employment For Graduates After NYSC / Senator Omo-Agege Introduces Bill To Amend Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by CSTR2: 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
Righteousness89:

Do u know that the cabals that have held this Nation Power are the Greatest dealers in Disel, fuel and Generators?

I know of an African Country where a certain cabal in Nigeria came in to invest in Generatirs and all dt..

According to what I heard. He tried to convince the leadership of the country but they refused him..

I won't mention names..
Importers of generators are hustlers taking advantage of an inefficiency in the system.
Many of them are small igbo boys that have no say in govt and can't influence anything.

If you ban generator, they would move to inverter.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
A nigga once said: these guys are funny...
Do the right thing and watch how generator will become a thing of the past...
When theres no demand they wont be supply.. That's a simple economic term
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Amalekki: 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2020
CSTR2:

Once dangote finishes his refinery, buhari will cancel subsidy.
Cabals will not stop him from removing subsidy.

So which cabal can stop the president from solving electricity.?

There is no cabal. It's just ineffectiveness.
This is not sound logic as your premises does not support your conclusion. In fact there is no fact in your premise as it is based on an assumption of what 'will' happen so your conclusion is not just clearly arbitrary but baseless.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Righteousness89(m): 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
CSTR2:

Importers of generators are hustlers taking advantage of an inefficiency in the system.
Many of them are small igbo boys that have no say in govt and can't influence anything.

My Brother, you don't know what is Happening..

Hear this; if a law as this is not passed, Nigeria can never get Constant Electricity...

I have visited Nations in Africa that do not have one tenth of what Nigeria has..
Electricity is not talked about..
Electricity is in Excess..

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by mvem(m): 5:07pm On Mar 11, 2020
mekaboy:
Foolish Bill's from the north. Is anybody still importing sagem, trium,alcatel phones in Nigeria? It's about demand and supply. If there is steady electricity, it will ban itself.

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Egabs(m): 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
yungfeezyy:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/381308-just-in-nigerian-senator-introduces-bill-to-ban-importation-of-generators.html
Am just tired of this country imagine banning gen set when u haven’t done anything to improve the power settle many homes today sleep in darkness and heat this days bcus u guys uses big gen bah bunch of fools
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by edoairways: 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
Realadey:
No power supply, u still want to ban generators, see his beard!
It will improve power supply
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by nelsonthomson(m): 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
No need of ban on generator set. The government should increase electricity supply to 10 hours a day not 24 hours I mean just 10 hours, generator set business will crash without ban. I trust Nigerians we will make good use of the 10 hours electricity as if is 24 hours. A Nigerian man that want to buy fuel on his generator set. The moment he sight light, he change his mind immediately.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Amalekki: 5:09pm On Mar 11, 2020
Urhobokwaleboy:
A nigga once said: these guys are funny...

Do the right thing and watch how generator will become a thing of the past...

When theres no demand they wont be supply.. That's a simple economic term
Good points but it's obvious that they are trying to address sabotage not the simple economic model of demand & supply which depends on a manipulation-free market environment for sustainability.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by CSTR2: 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Brother, you don't know what is Happening..

Hear this; if a law as this is not passed, Nigeria can never get Constant Electricity...

I have visited Nations in Africa that do not have one tenth of what Nigeria has..
Electricity is not talked about..
Electricity is in Excess..
If you ban generator imports without quickly solving power in three months, it's like shooting yourself in the head.

And there is no assurance that your own leaders will suddenly become efficient overnight.

You would just wake up one morning and hear that all your companies have moved to Ghana.

The risk is too great to take such foolish step.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Picollothedon: 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
yungfeezyy:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/381308-just-in-nigerian-senator-introduces-bill-to-ban-importation-of-generators.html

Honestly speaking this bill is very cool if we can try to endue small and see if our light will not be fixed< because the restriction includes politicians and you will see the way they will make sure that things are working well with our electricity...

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Freddonance(m): 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2020
Has flaring has more detrimental effect on the environment & our ecosystem than generator. why didn't he sponsor the bill to stop has flaring first.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Amalekki: 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2020
nelsonthomson:
No need of ban on generator set. The government should increase electricity supply to 10 hours a day not 24 hours I mean just 10 hours, generator set business will crash without ban. I trust Nigerians we will make good use of the 10 hours electricity as if is 24 hours. A Nigerian man that want to buy fuel on his generator set. The moment he sight light, he change his mind immediately.
Increasing electricity supply to 24 hours is fruitless if you have powerful stakeholders orchestrating vandalization of electricity distribution network to sustain their generator business. That is the issue here.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Bluffly: 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2020
mekaboy:
Foolish Bill's from the north. Is anybody still importing sagem, trium,alcatel phones in Nigeria? It's about demand and supply. If there is steady electricity, it will ban itself.

Phone is phone as long as we make calls.
In this case, it appears that ban is the only option as it will make Nigerians angry and go out to the streets if stable electricity isn't in place.

For now we have become complacent and nothing will work, nothing. Let the ban bill go through and let sufferness bring the beast out of Nigerians to vigorously fight for basic amenities
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Righteousness89(m): 5:14pm On Mar 11, 2020
CSTR2:

If you ban generator imports without quickly solving power in three months, it's like shooting yourself in the head.

And there is no assurance that your own leaders will suddenly become efficient overnight.

You would just wake up one morning and hear that all your companies have moved to Ghana.

The risk is too great to take such foolish step.

My Brother, how long will stay in one place..

This bill is the Solution to the Nigerian Powe Problem!

If this bill is passed and Strictly adhered to , in 6-18months, Nigeria power issues will be sorted!

The Government needs money! And it knows to get money from power you need to fix power..

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Picollothedon: 5:15pm On Mar 11, 2020
CSTR2:

You are right, but like you rightly said the igbo guys will still fins a way to survive. but honestly this will help Nigeria fix the light issues, I feel ashamed anytime i traveled to all this small countries around us and see how the night looks in those countries with cool and no noise atmosphere...

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by sylve11: 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2020
mekaboy:

Sense finish you there. cool
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by GoodFaith: 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2020
Realadey:
This man dey craze Sha,u want to ban generator,where is your govt doing with electricity?

The move MIGHT likely force Nigeria to have light
or force the citizen of Nigeria to go on the street to force change by force or fire
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by CSTR2: 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2020
Picollothedon:

You are right, but like you rightly said the igbo guys will still fins a way to survive. but honestly this will help Nigeria fix the light issues, I feel ashamed anytime i traveled to all this small countries around us and see how the night looks in those countries with cool and no noise atmosphere...
Don't forget that many of those small countries have economies the size of festac.

You can have a peaceful, no generator Nigeria.

But it would be at the expense of the economy for now.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2020
Thunder fire you and that your black face

Black monkey lawyer
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Felalucky8(m): 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2020
Mr crazy Senator put light for this country then only Generator go use Im leg disappear. Crazy set of people governing this country. No sense
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Analysiscorner: 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
CSTR2:
The IQ of the north is too low even for African standards.
A country whose economy is generator powered wants to ban generator.

These same northern senators are the clowns sponsoring ludicrous bills like social media bill, immunity for lawmakers bill and other nonsense bills.

Abeg,these people too dull. They cannot develop this country in a thousand years.

Such almajiri like thinking cannot work in this fast paced 21st century.
Ọ dị egwu

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Turantula(m): 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2020
Another cow on the loose
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by michoim(m): 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2020
This senator is devoid of sense of reasoning...
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by sylve11: 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2020
kenzosky:
I personally think it's time to pass a Bill locking all our senators in a cage. How about that?

And beating them up as well. cool

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Keiyadosh: 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2020
Righteousness89:
FATHER, Bless Me this Senator!
This will be Wonderful if it passes ..

But I doubt it! The Wickedness in Nigeria leadership is too much...

I hope they SUPRISE me and Pass this Bill!

Modified: Its Clear that A whole lot of Nigerians have been made not to know the source of their Problems..

Make una continue oooo
U are one of the problems...if their light was good will there be a need for generator??
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by teefaht(f): 5:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
NEPA sef dey use generator. Mtchew
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by friday2011(m): 5:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
yungfeezyy:

That will be one of the best things to happen in this country if passed, yes, total ban, so that by then... Our government will work harmoniously to ensure the power sector works 100%...

Countries that we are not up to 1/10 of there population are generating more than a 100times what they needed...

As a nation, we need to start doing things differently from what we have been doing...

Its worth a trial.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by oyinlekan1: 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2020
It is very important to note that many of the companies that import generators will always want to destroy our electricity to boost their business.May God help us
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by iykechas2002: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2020
Welcome development, only if we will be promised stable power supply.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by darediamond(m): 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2020
Realadey:
This man dey craze Sha,u want to ban generator,where is your govt doing with electricity?
You are DAFT for saying this. Hahaa, se o le da ronu ni?
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by 8stargeneral: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2020
When dem go pass bill to catch Boko Haram leader alive?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tee Mac: Tinubu Is My In-Law, He’s 86, Not Fit To Run Nigeria / Fatima Buhari: N100,000 Paid As Bride Price At Her Wedding / Yusuf Buhari And Zahra Wedding Reception Venue (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.