Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,884 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate (31669 Views)

Alleged Terrorism: Our Hands Tied On Pantami, Says Senate / Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President / Jones Abiri Released After Two Years, Should He Sue The Government? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by richie240: 7:35pm On Mar 13, 2020
Mrfeel:

If you can sell your lands to us, you can sell those positions to us too , didn't makinde appoint an Igbo lady Julian nwachukwu as the liaison officer Ibadan north local government recently?

Igbokwe is very much involved in Lagos politics he might contest for chairman soon
Lolz.....and DT automatically made her an indigine bah?
If una like make all of una migrate from biafla come Lagos (aka small 'rondon'), una go still be non-indigine.
Deal with it!

2 Likes

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Mrfeel: 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2020
richie240:

Lolz.....and DT automatically made her an indigine bah?
If una like make all of una migrate from biafla come Lagos (aka small 'rondon'), una go still be non-indigine.
Deal with it!

None indigenes occupying positions meant for indigene , is that good news to you? That's how easy we turned Lagos to no mans land

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by richie240: 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2020
Mrfeel:

None indigenes occupying positions meant for indigene , is that good news to you? That's how easy we turned Lagos to no mans land
Lolz...its noffin new in a sane society. Tinubu (dt ur lots hate wiff a passion) started it because that's how its supposed to be: govt of integration/inclusion- b4 ur loud mouths of "Ragos is no mans rand" "we deverropped Ragos" scattered everything.
Now, apart from igbokwe yorubakwe tongue , how many 'developers' are given appointments, unlike b4?

U see where ur big mouths/chest-beating have led u?

2 Likes

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by NkemChukwudi: 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
In some countries you live there for 10 years and you are a citizen
In my own country I cant boast of being a citizen in some parts of the country. SMH

FFK off
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Mrfeel: 7:59am On Mar 14, 2020
richie240:

Lolz...its noffin new in a sane society. Tinubu (dt ur lots hate wiff a passion) started it because that's how its supposed to be: govt of integration/inclusion- b4 ur loud mouths of "Ragos is no mans rand" "we deverropped Ragos" scattered everything.
Now, apart from igbokwe yorubakwe tongue , how many 'developers' are given appointments, unlike b4?

U see where ur big mouths/chest-beating have led u?

Am glad you know , we own no mans land grin
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by richie240: 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mrfeel:

Am glad you know , we own no mans land grin
Lolz....clown.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by wowcatty: 5:50am On Mar 15, 2020
That's a lie!

Yorubaland is our natural name from God, English created Nigeria, we are not Nigerians but Yoruba in a union with Nigeria. And as you know about union, it's either together or broken.

Not everyone in Lagos is an immigrant but you have to be Yoruba to be from Lagos.

We are Yoruba not Nigerians, English can't give me an identity, God already gave me one and I can't change it for anything.
Coldie:

As far as Nigeria exists there's no such thing as Yoruba land. We only have Yoruba people not Yoruba land.

Every Nigerian in Lagos is not an immigrant.

We are all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by wowcatty: 6:19am On Mar 15, 2020
Why do you keep checking other people's land and not stay in yours if you are not the bugs we are talking about?

The fact that you leave your land to overpopulate mine disqualifies you from having opinion on this very topic, you are the problem we are talking about.

Everyone with half a brain knows that the more people you have to take care of no matter how rich you are, the more impoverish you get.

It's like having 3 houses and all children, families and distance relatives from the other 2 houses are added to 1 alone just because it has the wealth. In your dumb reasoning how soon before it takes a toll on that 1 house. Leave Yorubaland and see how we turn Dubai overnight. Yorubaland has always been the best before, during and after the colonists. Yorubaland started declining when out of envy a greedy dictator suspended our regional govt.
CSTR2:

The last time I checked osun, ondo and ekiti have 99% Yoruba population.

I wouldn't necessarily call their way of life a proper living standard.

Stop talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by wowcatty: 6:31am On Mar 15, 2020
No doubt Yoruba are accommodating but it has to be called something else when we do it at our own detriment. But I have long thrown that accommodating nonsense out.
Mrfeel:
I thought you Yoruba's are proud to call yourselves accommodators ? You say we Igbo's hate other tribes and don't accommodate outsiders

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by wowcatty: 6:45am On Mar 15, 2020
Ori e buru!

Come and help me keep quiet, ode!

Claim Yoruba from who or where? When is it in dispute?

Gbogbo aso Yoruba ti nrun, a gbodo sa sorun. Ori e ti daru, olopolo yoro! People like you are the challenges of Yorubaland, you are dumb and proud of it. Alakori, obo lagido!

FrLukas:
[s][/s]

Will you just keep quiet there.

I'm sure you're going to come and claim Yoruba now.

Se gbogbo aso no an sa ninu oorun ni?

All these your rants and curses are futile.

If you wish Yorubaland evil, I pray it goes back to you.

If the region has challenges, does that warrant all these nonsense you are saying?

So agbeje mowo abeg.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by wowcatty: 7:14am On Mar 15, 2020
Nigeria didn't copy federal system of govt from America. No single system of Nigeria is like America. Nigeria has feudal system of govt. Ghana system is what is for people with different culture and traditions. Yoruba had the same until 1967 or so. It worked well for Yoruba and its working well for Ghana. Nigeria can never copy America system, dishonesty in black man won't let him. America is still using the 1776 constitution with amendments but Nigeria is using decree from military dictator and passing it off as constitution.

America has one language called English, it's their official and spoken language.

I don't know where you have been or why some of you pretend as if you are just finding out that the union will never work, but it's settled, we can never be one. We are too different. We shouldn't have come together in the first place, now economic reason is forcing Nigeria together because parasites don't want to leave their hosts.

Every nation in Nigeria has a selfish reason why it wants to be in Nigeria, not out of love!
SoNature:

First of all, Nigeria copied this federal system from America and bastardized it. Not from Ghana.

Secondly, America doesn't speak one language. Keep that in mind.

Thirdly, if we cannot live as a people we have no business being a country. In other words, we are not ready to make progress. So, let's split the shithole. It's as easy as ABC.

We cannot be in one country and still cannot trust one another. If we do that, then the essence of one nation is defeated.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by SoNature(m): 7:23am On Mar 15, 2020
wowcatty:
Nigeria didn't copy federal system of govt from America. Nigeria. No single system of Nigeria is like America. Nigeria has feudal system of govt. Ghana system is what is for people with different culture and traditions.

America has one language called English, it's their official and spoken language.

People like you only think you know

U should go and update your knowledge

We cannot have this conversation

Wikipedia is readily available for free
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by wowcatty: 7:31am On Mar 15, 2020
I hope we get there soon
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You have to act fast to save your heritage. This thing of being 'politically correct' to me does not make sense. Every move by government has an hidden agenda because the leadership is made up of a majority of a section of this country

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Mrfeel: 7:35am On Mar 15, 2020
wowcatty:
No doubt Yoruba are accommodating but it has to be called something else when we do it at our own detriment. But I have long thrown that accommodating nonsense out.

So what do you call it now?

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by wowcatty: 7:35am On Mar 15, 2020
We don't need any bill, let anyone in another man's land obey the rules of the land and those who can't follow the rules of his/her host stay backing his/her own region. This bill is targeted at Yorubaland.
Kingspin:
The bill is about to provide that law.

Apple vs orange. We have to use our conscience more.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Kingspin(m): 8:17am On Mar 15, 2020
wowcatty:
We don't need any bill, let anyone in another man's land obey the rules of the land and those who can't follow the rules of his/her host stay backing his/her own region. This bill is targeted at Yorubaland.
Everything is targeting at Yoruba even Restructuring. That is why Nigeria has no power supply because it is targeted at Yoruba. Ridiculous!

There is no need to cry big. Bill, law and order don't work in Nigeria.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 15, 2020
wowcatty:
Ori mi buru!

Come and help me keep quiet, nitori wipe ode ni mi!

Claim Yoruba from who or where? When is it in dispute?

Gbogbo aso Yoruba ti nrun, a gbodo sa sorun. Ori mi ti daru, olopolo yoro ni awon to bi mi! People like me are the challenges of Yorubaland, I am dumb and proud of it. Alakori ni mi ati obo lagido!

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by wowcatty: 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
Ofo lo ma se t'ile t'ona e! Okugbe afofungbemu apoda!
[quote author=FrLukas post=87455001][/quote]
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by wowcatty: 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2020
How is restructuring targeted at Yoruba? Is there any restructuring taking place?
Kingspin:
Everything is targeting at Yoruba even Restructuring. That is why Nigeria has no power supply because it is targeted at Yoruba. Ridiculous!

There is no need to cry big. Bill, law and order don't work in Nigeria.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by wowcatty: 8:45pm On Mar 16, 2020
Whatever you want to call it other than accommodating.
Mrfeel:

So what do you call it now?
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
wowcatty:
Ofo ni awon ebi ma se t'ile t'ona gbogbo! Okugbe afofungbemu apoda ni awon to bi mi lomo!
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by wowcatty: 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
People like you with brain under your feet have nothing to teach me.

Wikipedia? Lobatan! Monkey has to market!!

SoNature:

People like you only think you know

U should go and update your knowledge

We cannot have this conversation

Wikipedia is readily available for free
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by LamelNarek: 9:18pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s][quote author=FrLukas post=87501807][/quote][/s]
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Jurncj(m): 11:44am On May 16, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

We run to a good environment. First start by making political elections free, fair and safe. Imagine someone who has destroyed his community with acts of terrorism, cultism, kidnapping, ritual killings and other vices will want to claim indegene of a peaceful state, so that tomorrow he/she will bring in their barbaric behaviors into their new states. For now, we are not matured
Judging by your text....
What makes you feel you ain't also a nuisance to the people and native of the West you run to?
And of cause you help in destroy your own country thats why you seek green pasture elsewhere. I think the scope of this argument is bigger than your intellects.
Think deeper. It pays when we embrace and live together as one country and not by tribe men
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by 9japride(m): 6:27pm On May 16, 2020
Jurncj:

Judging by your text....
What makes you feel you ain't also a nuisance to the people and native of the West you run to?
And of cause you help in destroy your own country thats why you seek green pasture elsewhere. I think the scope of this argument is bigger than your intellects.
Think deeper. It pays when we embrace and live together as one country and not by tribe men
[color=#006600][/color]

I wish we can live together as one, but it's not possible. When a region practice primitive and barbaric ways of life, you expect them to blend well into another man's region? It's not possible. With the mentality of the Fulani, which is to conquer, you expect them to live peaceful in another man's place? They will want to subdue the original indigenes. Learn to be factual, certain things can't change. Have you ever heard of people of the south east causing trouble in another man's land? Let's learn to live peaceful and leave conquest attitude behind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2019: There’s Plot To 'Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Sen Marafa / Fuel Price To Increase As FG Plans To Review Price Next Month / Presidency, Defence Headquarters Under Pressure To Hire Military Contractors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.