Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,402 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football (47788 Views)

True Reasons Why India Don't Play Football / "We Don't Play Playstation Football":Jurgen Klopp To Reporter After Everton Draw / Real Reasons India Don't Play In The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by engrchykae(m): 10:06am On Mar 12, 2020
gibzzhd:

And all those VAR controversial decisions in favour of Liverpool in the Epl has been proper.
Improper fraction indeed.lolz
don't mind klopp, against City,they used VAR to mess up City
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by witworth(m): 10:06am On Mar 12, 2020
As long as defend and counter attacking style is not a foul play, then to hell with your so called proper football.
As long as you win without going against rules and regulations with your style, you're playing properly.
Your style na your style. Make u Hold on to your style.
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by adenigga(m): 10:08am On Mar 12, 2020
adioolayi:
Sore loser!!!

What's football about....Scoring goals They outscored you....

Defending They defended well...

Winning They won over two legs...home and away!

You celebrated over Barcelona's bad day in office...This is your own bad day in office too...Let Athletico Madrid celebrate

Just move on!!! grin grin grin

You are blessed!!!
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by LordShiva97(m): 10:12am On Mar 12, 2020
Lostz:
what then did you mean by Liverpool committed too many players forward? athletico were the team pressing when they scored their first goal

Liverpool's defense was shambolic and in disarray during that attack. Immediately Joao Felix got the ball, Liverpool players started racing back to their defensive positions.
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Sleevia: 10:12am On Mar 12, 2020
ijayaone:

ter stegen de gea,buffon dey chop 4 who is adrian even same o black don chop before.stop thinking liverpool loose because of keeper.they simply dont have a tactics

How can u say Liverpool don't have tactics? Just how?

1 Like

Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by ijayaone: 10:13am On Mar 12, 2020
bluefilm:

Na bad belle go kii all you nonsense manure fans.

Liverpool no get pattern but yet they are on top of the league with 25 points gap abi?

Dem no get pattern but yet you mentioned they depend on front three.

So that one no reach enough to be dia pattern for your mumu mind abi?

Nonsense. sad
lol you no sabi ball,na to rush opponet be pattern abi,i no need follow u argue,remove there front three nothing else ,they are not creative only to rush opponet but God catch dem,athletico tacticall, technically destroy dem..keep crying��
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Angelfrost(m): 10:17am On Mar 12, 2020
If you had taken your chances fully and tried getting an away goal in the first leg, it would have compelled Atletico to play more openly...

Mr. Klopp, There is really nothing like "Proper" or "Improper" football. It's just football!!!!... You defend fully when your opponent outplays or bests you attackwise... You don't go toe to toe with a superior opponent.

Just give it a rest sir... Simeone bested you completely!!! That was pure genius from the visitors!!!
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 12, 2020
LordShiva97:

Liverpool's defense was shambolic and in disarray during that attack. Immediately Joao Felix got the ball, Liverpool players started racing back to their defensive positions.
when you team lose the ball what will you do as a player? is it not to run back?

Marcos still got away from two players before scoring. it was a fine goal. the only person you should blame is Adrain for kicking it straight at Felix
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 12, 2020
They did their best... They started very well with close crosses.. Then after first goal, they went back to their cross and run passes. You can't win atletico with such far away crosses.. You have to come deep and make crosses that only heading and fast kick can harness it.. Then they thought ball possession is an achievement.. But with Atletico even with 90-10 possession its nothing to them.
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by skyisthelimit(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2020
GOD bless you real good for not just following the headline but taking time to read up....if only most of us will be patient enough to read up first....
ObaofNigeria:
This title is misleading. Klopp is saying that they actually play proper football (balanced attack and defence) but simultaneously they appear very defensive when Liverpool moves upfront.
Or that they switch easily between balanced attack&defence and very defensive&counterattack.
At least that's what I thought before I read it on naira land.
It was a compliment.

2 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by willexyaho(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2020
Ok
That's why they said"silent is golden"

People that dethroned you don't know how to play football?

If you don't know what to say, better keep quiet.
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by ijayaone: 10:22am On Mar 12, 2020
Sleevia:

How can u say Liverpool don't have tactics? Just how?
they are not creative in the midfield atall,if you watch their matches,na only to rush opponet dem sabi .if they are creative enough at the midfield they wouldn't have loss.only depend on there attack no plan B
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by LordShiva97(m): 10:29am On Mar 12, 2020
Lostz:
when you team lose the ball what will you do as a player? is it not to run back?

Marcos still got away from two players before scoring. it was a fine goal. the only person you should blame is Adrain for kicking it straight at Felix

It depends on what you're were doing when you lost the ball. If your team is transitioning to attack or already in a attacking phase then you run back or you counterpress to get the ball back. Look at Atleti, they never run after the ball when they lost it not even in their own area, they just close down any available space or the ballholder or any passing option. That's why they are so compact and airtight.

And Marcos Llorente didn't get past 2 players, he was already in position immediately he got the ball because the Liverpool defense were all focused on Felix. Immediately he got the ball, he shifted it to the inside of his left foot and shoot.

And you're right, it's totally Adrian's fault.
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by OlujobaSamuel: 10:31am On Mar 12, 2020
mofedamijo:

Allison was the keeper for the first leg, and he conceded, so that is not a valid point.
He conceded but also made saves in that same match except you watch a different match, same can't be said of yesterday's performance.
The match is lost and gone, but it's only hypocrisy to say Allison won't have performed better than what we had yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Priwillo: 10:36am On Mar 12, 2020
Las las atm nogo carry the cup.

Liverpool has always had a thing 4 foolish goalkeepers
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 12, 2020
LordShiva97:

It depends on what you're were doing when you lost the ball. If your team is transitioning to attack or already in a attacking phase then you run back or you counterpress to get the ball back. Look at Atleti, they never run after the ball when they lost it not even in their own area, they just close down any available space or the ballholder or any passing option. That's why they are so compact and airtight.

And Marcos Llorente didn't get past 2 players, he was already in position immediately he got the ball because the Liverpool defense were all focused on Felix. Immediately he got the ball, he shifted it to the inside of his left foot and shoot.

And you're right, it's totally Adrian's fault.
so what are you trying to say now? that athletico were not the attacking team when they scored? how did the ball got to Adrain?
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Chimezirim121: 10:57am On Mar 12, 2020
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by mofedamijo(m): 10:58am On Mar 12, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

He conceded but also made saves in that same match except you watch a different match, same can't be said of yesterday's performance.
The match is lost and gone, but it's only hypocrisy to say Allison won't have performed better than what we had yesterday.

Every football match has its downs and lows, highs and ups.....thats football for you.
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Bombastically00(m): 10:59am On Mar 12, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Allison won't concede such cheap goals. The difference between the two teams yesterday was the keeper, as solid as anyone wants to claim their defence was yesterday, attempts were made that their keeper was the saving grace.
Only the 3rd has a likelihood of passing through Allison, but I'm so sure he would have made a good attempt at it as the he won't stay glued to the 6yard box as Adrian did.
all win na win sha.... Ee Dey sweet me..
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by LordShiva97(m): 11:00am On Mar 12, 2020
Lostz:
so what are you trying to say now? that athletico were not the attacking team when they scored? how did the ball got to Adrain?

Atletico were the attacking team when they scored the goal, I'm not disputing that. I never did.
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Picollothedon: 11:03am On Mar 12, 2020
Humanoid01:
Football is all about results, proper football or not.

Dont mind the looser...
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Vhiky: 11:14am On Mar 12, 2020
Geddifok..proper futbol ko.. improper ni..dey won u.. SIMPLE!!! or u tink say everyday na Xmas
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 12, 2020
LordShiva97:

Atletico were the attacking team when they scored the goal, I'm not disputing that. I never did.

All three goals were scored because Liverpool committed all their players forward in search for goal.

this was part of your statement
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by oliverano: 11:19am On Mar 12, 2020
I want to be honest, pls no insults

How good is the premier, I mean how strong are premier league teams

RB Leipzig Home and away

A.Madrid (Home and away) nobody should tell me they didn't lose at official 90 mins pls. it's official that liverpool lost at Anfield to A.Madrid

Bayern (Away win....Home coming(probably)

Is it that the premier league is way too overrated or does it mean that they just don't know how to play in Europe

Post modified thrice make una no vex abeg!!!

4 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by mofedamijo(m): 11:22am On Mar 12, 2020
imagine selling karius and buying karius pro max.....lol

legends said Liverpool made more crosses + than roman catholics....lol

4 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Nathphil(m): 11:26am On Mar 12, 2020
Proper football and they scored 3 goals. I need man u to play like them and get back to champions League abeg.
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Nathphil(m): 11:28am On Mar 12, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Hmmmmmmm, abeg Just release Adrian to go his way just the Karius was let off after his nonsense
Why did van Dirk give that back pass, knowing fully well the guy was short of confidence.
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Udstar(m): 11:29am On Mar 12, 2020
Miner13:
oga ayam pained more dan you...not a fan but chai the tin pain man no be small

No be only you.. The lads were Impeccable but the goals didn't come.
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 12, 2020
bluefilm:
True.

Na only defense dem sabi.

Very negative minded type of football.

Watching them play can be so boring.

Nothing like exciting football from them at all.

It's just that last nite, I wanted liverpool out at any cost by any means possible.

I prayed so hard for it.

And it came to pass.

Thank you Jesus.
Lol bros why u dey lie na...shut it u wanted liverpool to win and now u re heart broken
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by OlujobaSamuel: 11:33am On Mar 12, 2020
Bombastically00:
all win na win sha.... Ee Dey sweet me..
A winner is bound to emerge from every duel. I've been supporting the team long enough, had worse outings, but we come back stronger, that's why we are the only YNWA
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by OlujobaSamuel: 11:37am On Mar 12, 2020
Nathphil:

Why did van Dirk give that back pass, knowing fully well the guy was short of confidence.
I don't even know ooo. At a point I was wishing that Klopp brings on Lonergan to replace Adrian.
Re: Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football by uunwanaobong3: 11:44am On Mar 12, 2020
Nonsense, when u win champion league and playing negative football against Tottenham u didn't complain.

When mancity lost to Tottenham with the help of VAR playing attacking footbal, u call them failure...

U better try and win EPL oooo before Corona stop u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Divorced Kaka Because He Was Too Nice - Caroline Celico / Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics / Tanya Okpala Wanders The Streets In Awka (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.