Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,828 members, 7,813,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet (2203 Views)

She Left Me For A Medical Doctor And Now Wants A Second Chance / My Fiancee Left Me After I Used Our Marriage Money For My Mother's Burial / "My Fiance Fixed Our Wedding, But Secretly Married Another" - Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by badoh(m): 8:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
Dear Nairalanders,
Was I wrong to have ended the relationship? Please read along with me.
Back then in 2008, I was posted to serve in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State while my Fiance was posted to Portharcourt same year. We attended the same University and studied the same course in one of the Western Universities. I had disturbed my fiance since 100 level until 400 level when her previous boyfriend left her. I went with one of my friends to convince her to date me. She eventually agreed and we dated throughout our 400 level.
We call eachother everyday during our service year. Barely 3 month into NYSC, we agreed that I will come one particular Saturday to Portharcourt to visit her. On the day of appointment, I left Uyo for Portharcourt. She told me once I get to Portharcourt and a popular place she described, I should call her immediately. She also said we will have to pass through water with the aid of speed boat but since I'm not familiar with the area, she would come and pick me in Portharcourt city.
I left Uyo around 12pm and got to Portharcourt around 2pm or so. While inside the Bus, I realized my fiance line was switched off. I said may be the battery is flat with the hope that before I reach PH, she would have charged the phone. Few minutes to reach PH, phone was still off. When I eventually got to the place she described for me, I dialed the line, the phone ranged and immediately it was switched off. I continued to dial the number but remained switched off. I was not myself anymore. I was wondering what could have happened. I never forced myself to visit her, she suggested it. It was getting to 5pm, same thing. I quickly think of next step to take. I thought the best thing to do was to quickly find my way back to where I came from. I was boiling inside me while at the same time also smiling. I got to Uyo around 8pm and located the nearest suya spot to relax myself while pondering on what played out. Around 9pm, my phone ranged and it was that of my fiance. I did not bother to pick it, she called several times but I made up my mind never to pick it. The following morning, her call woke me up and I decided to pick it. I asked why she switched off her phone yesterday knowing fully well we were to meet. Her response was she was in choir practice and immediately her phone rang, the choir master collected the phone, switched if off and siezed it. I asked her if she did not inform the choir master that she was expecting a visitor and that she will need the phone to guide the visitor, she said no that there's nothing she can do in that situation. I was mad at her for uttering such. It means I was nothing to her. I simply asked her if it was her mom or any of her siblings that she was expecting same day and the so-called choir master seize the phone, won't she make effort to collect the phone back? She immediately lambasted me and told me never to bring her mum into such scenario. I told her I was not abusing her mum but only trying to see her reaction to the seizing of phone. Since I realized I was played, no sign of being remorseful and exposing me to danger in a city where I know nobody, I ended the relationship by stopping all forms of communication with her. I blocked her and moved on with my life.
Did I do wrong in any way and was I right to have ended the relationship?

6 Likes

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by Akachukwu42(m): 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
Your decision is okay. I don't think she took the relationship the same way you did

12 Likes

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by kingphilip(m): 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2020
A decision taken 12 years ago and needing advice now seems fishy sha.

But those in similar situation can read up follow up comments and learn.

For me, you shouldn't have cut her off for just that wrong unless it reoccurs or other issues accumulated with this made you quit

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by chatinent: 8:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
The way most men sound so mild why reporting their situations they had with their partners can be misleading. Just wait and hear from the other party and be surprised! That gentle report of what they did may be a real shout and brusque argument!

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by coolestofall(m): 8:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
Na only Nigerian guy go dodge bullet finish still dey reason whether him for don put im head collect am. >:

6 Likes

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by anthonyuncle(m): 8:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
men don flash oil money for her face,
guy,
ur case don turn to sanusi own.
plz enjoy ur exile

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by donbachi(m): 9:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
"Choir master"...for saint omenikwu ministries.
Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by dontrulee: 9:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
badoh:
Dear Nairalanders,
Back then in 2008, I was posted to serve in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State while my Fiance was posted to Portharcourt same year. We attended the same University and studied the same course in one of the Western Universities. I had disturbed my fiance since 100 level until 400 level when her previous boyfriend left her. I went with one of my friends to convince her to date me. She eventually agreed and we dated throughout our 400 level.
We call eachother everyday during our service year. Barely 3 month into NYSC, we agreed that I will come one particular Saturday to Portharcourt to visit her. On the day of appointment, I left Uyo for Portharcourt. She told me once I get to Portharcourt and a popular place she described, I should call her immediately. She also said we will have to pass through water with the aid of speed boat but since I'm not familiar with the area, she would come and pick me in Portharcourt city.
I left Uyo around 12pm and got to Portharcourt around 2pm or so. While inside the Bus, I realized my fiance line was switched off. I said may be the battery is flat with the hope that before I reach PH, she would have charged the phone. Few minutes to reach PH, phone was still off. When I eventually got to the place she described for me, I dialed the line, the phone ranged and immediately it was switched off. I continued to dial the number but remained switched off. I was not myself anymore. I was wondering what could have happened. I never forced myself to visit her, she suggested it. It was getting to 5pm, same thing. I quickly think of next step to take. I thought the best thing to do was to quickly find my way back to where I came from. I was boiling inside me while at the same time also smiling. I got to Uyo around 8pm and located the nearest suya spot to relax myself while pondering on what played out. Around 9pm, my phone ranged and it was that of my fiance. I did not bother to pick it, she called several times but I made up my mind never to pick it. The following morning, her call woke me up and I decided to pick it. I asked why she switched off her phone yesterday knowing fully well we were to meet. Her response was she was in choir practice and immediately her phone rang, the choir master collected the phone, switched if off and siezed it. I asked her if she did not inform the choir master that she was expecting a visitor and that she will need the phone to guide the visitor, she said no that there's nothing she can do in that situation. I was mad at her for uttering such. It means I was nothing to her. I simply asked her if it was her mom or any of her siblings that she was expecting same day and the so-called choir master seize the phone, won't she make effort to collect the phone back? She immediately lambasted me and told me never to bring her mum into such scenario. I told her I was not abusing her mum but only trying to see her reaction to the seizing of phone. Since I realized I was played, no sign of being remorseful and exposing me to danger in a city where I know nobody, I ended the relationship by stopping all forms of communication with her. I blocked her and moved on with my life.
Op you did right.
such a lame excuse from her.
did she beg you after?

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by Olunmercy56(f): 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2020
Very bad of her sad how could she? What if it was her mum You only loved her, she didn't love you.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by Anijay1212(m): 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
Wo-man's inhumanity to man. She is a wicked and heartless person.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by Lamanii22(f): 12:50am On Mar 13, 2020
Fiancée? For you to regard someone has your fiancée you must have met both your parents.. In this case you're simply a boyfriend.... Plus you're taking the relationship too seriously... It's obvious she isn't into you anymore.... You can ask if she's tired of the relationship so you'd know your next move....

You've got every right to be annoyed though...

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by MarkTimmy(m): 12:57am On Mar 13, 2020
Choir master collect a whole Corper phone.....such a big lie grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by Whois(m): 7:23am On Mar 13, 2020
She wasn't into you to begin with and 2 She has met a better offer hence the attitude. Hmm if you know how many relationship nysc has destroyed eh

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by IghravweIG(m): 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2020
You did well to end it.

She didn't value the relationship.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by drnoel: 2:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
Be happy u Dodge Bullet

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by SweetCunt97(f): 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
Whoever you beg beg for relationship, you go beg beg to keep... It's not like they had genuine emotions and accepted you. If they develop such emotions along the way, lucky you.
Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by Monaco2(m): 2:37pm On Mar 13, 2020
Did this happen recently or years ago?!?
Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by frankkydee(m): 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Whoever you beg beg for relationship, you go beg beg to keep... It's not like they had genuine emotions and accepted you. If they develop such emotions along the way, lucky you.

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by SweetCunt97(f): 2:41pm On Mar 13, 2020
[quote author=frankkydee post=87410734][/quote]I tell you!
Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by Kennyprince: 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2020
You did well bro. She is not serious
Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by spiralwedge(m): 6:57pm On Mar 13, 2020
badoh:
Dear Nairalanders,

Hahahaha something similar happened to me last weekend, though it was supposed to be the first time meeting.

God saved you from a lady that either

1. Have low IQ
2. Overtly deceitful and a pretender, always beclouded with religion
3. An irresponsible and non-sensitive woman
4. Subtly stubborn and with ego
5. And maybe a cheat.

You see that no. 1 is the worse, it is what leads to the rest.

You have done well, never regret it but be grateful God intervened, because you would have made the worse mistake of your life marrying such.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by roybanjo100(m): 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2020
badoh:
Dear Nairalanders,
did u say ur fiance??
Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by victorian(f): 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2020
badoh:
Dear Nairalanders,

U didn't do wrong at all.

I hate such scenarios.

Biko free yourself and move on. Let her marry her choir.

You can't keep. Me stranded in a strange place and switch off your phone angry

I hate what I hate. Haba!

Na wa sad

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by SavageResponse(m): 1:06am On Mar 23, 2020
badoh:
Dear Nairalanders,

This incident happened about 12 years ago, why are you seeking our advise now?

Do you want to go back to her?
Re: My Fiance Left Me Stranded On The Day We Were Supposed To Meet by Nobody: 2:13am On Mar 23, 2020
its obvious she was with another man cheesy
maybe u didnt alert her very well that u were coming cheesy
u were right in ending the relationship so no guilt trip cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Please Am I Her Maga? / Before You Term A Nigerian Youth Lazy See This (photo) / BE SINCERE!! Can You Sleep In The Mortuary For A Night Without Electricity For 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.