Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive (36904 Views)

Woman Who Tested Negative For COVID-19 Fails HIV/AIDS And Hepatitis Test / Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Tests Negative For Coronavirus, 40 Days After / Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Ayhomes(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2020
galaxiesss:
Is that the Kit used to detect Covid 19 Abroad too ,No offence please just humbly asking am not a Science student ,Asking for knowledge purpose .I anticipate
the last time i checked Nigeria has best brains in medical science. So, any test carry out by our doctors should be respected and the results should be accepted. Some of you here are just senseless with no brain, you like to find fault in anything called Nigeria. Fools

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2020
Obasanjo was right after all. They only wanted to spend out of the 700 million budget for prevention... How sad.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by JerryGent1983: 6:03pm On Mar 13, 2020
Wetin be ur problem nah oga macron na u get topic na u still dey comment na waaah ooh
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by frog12: 6:03pm On Mar 13, 2020
wetin cure am? hot weather? or mosquitos?

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by alfredilly: 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2020
geosegun:

The hot weather and body sweat because of the humid nature of regions around the equator. only very few germs can survive salty solution like body sweat. Hence, Sunlight was said to be one of the most effective disinfectant and Africa has more than enough sunlight. Its not our fault its Nature's, but I would say, It is God's blessings. You can take those words to the Bank.

Unfounded theories and baseless claim are a common sympton in Africa. Ebola that plagued central Africa for more than 20 years is a virus, why is it not killed by the prevailing heat. Corona virus is a flu. Even the common flu that brings cold affect people in Africa. The reason for low spread here is the peculiar nature of Africa itself. We are far removed from the rest of the world as tourist don't put us on top list of their priority.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by nick50(m): 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
After Minister don cash out ..i can swear down that there is no case of corona virus in Nigeria..
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2020
This is an interesting piece of news. But, serious investigations need to be carried out to confirm that truly, the patient actually carried the covid-19 virus in the first place. Secondly, to determine what drugs (if any) or treatment used to reverse the positive status to negative. The entire world would be interested in this, and finding cure in Nigeria would guarantee a place of greatness to our dear country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2020
Osidazz19:
Good

Believe it or not, Nigeria is doing much better than the US on coronavirus chaos.
Trump is showing his usual lying incompetent dotard self. The god of the retarded brainwashed ipob has been exposed as a complete failure.

Same ipob that will kill you idiot
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by magzey: 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
ABEG NO LET THAT ITALIAN OUT AFTER MEDICATION NEXT WEEK grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by magzey: 6:15pm On Mar 13, 2020
Ayhomes:
the last time i checked Nigeria has best brains in medical science. So, any test carry out by our doctors should be respected and the results should be accepted. Some of you here are just senseless with no brain, you like to find fault in anything called Nigeria. Fools
thank you bros, we always kill our own self and we are full of pessimist in Naija. undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by crackhouse(m): 6:17pm On Mar 13, 2020
I hope their test kits are up to standard. This one every positive is now turning to negative without coronavirus drug at sight yet.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Eteka1(m): 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2020
Atiku:

Bros, i have not been following the story. Abeg which of them first tested positive? The italian or nigerian?
The Italian.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by MintPrinting: 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2020
alfredilly:

Unfounded theories and baseless claim are a common sympton in Africa. Ebola that plagued central Africa for more than 20 years is a virus, why is it not killed by the prevailing heat. Corona virus is a flu. Even the common flu that brings cold affect people in Africa. The reason for low spread here is the peculiar nature of Africa itself. We are far removed from the rest of the world as tourist don't put us on top list of their priority.

Spot on! But let's be prepared, everyone is to taste it, surviving it is another chapter.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2020
omoharry:
They said it the weather.

It's a lie. All Nah ruse. The truth of the matter is that there is no covid 19 in Nigeria but you know someone must create chop for someone.
Dss or police suppose to arrest our health minister for misleading Mr. President.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by peacettw: 6:18pm On Mar 13, 2020
alfredilly:

I would have agreed with you completely except for the glaring fact that our brothers and sisters in foreign countries are not getting sick as well.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2020
Eteka1:
The Italian.

Ok grin
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by peacettw: 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2020
arejibadz:
Nothing survives here not dreams, not viruses

This is witty
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by precadel: 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2020
wait o, am not getting it... positive then negative..i thought they said no cure yet..
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Osidazz19: 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

Same ipob that will kill you idiot

Ipob retards will kill your FATHER. Omo ale monkey.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
The man has no name or identity.
Naija I hail o.
All those who tested positive abroad and celebrity dey show face but in Nigeria they are faceless as the Italian man with no identity.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Tiztonio(m): 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
omoharry:
That means the first test was false positive. hmmmmmmmmmmmm! naija we hail them.
Immunology... Too much wisdom
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Goldenboy10(m): 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]seriously, am totally confused
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by AfroKnight: 6:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
Nigerian health ministry is doing a good job. Just like they did during the Ebola scare. Well done guys.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Odunolumide(m): 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2020
Comedian2019:

Exactly what I'm thinking.
I hope they're not using expired test kit.

Anyway, I'm not a medic.

Since the outbreak is recent the kits must have been recently developed . I doubt the coronavirus kits would have expired as at this moment.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by hayoholla(m): 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2020
Osidazz19:
Good

Believe it or not, Nigeria is doing much better than the US on coronavirus chaos.
Trump is showing his usual lying incompetent dotard self. The god of the retarded brainwashed ipob has been exposed as a complete failure.

Don't mind those narcisst who never see anything good comes out this country, as if they will fare better. Nonsense and ingredients

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by iykepeters(m): 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
We hope so oo. God we are in your hands oo
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Clinghton: 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
Corona can't withstand the suffering in Nigeria.

Blessing in disguise
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by ifeteminikan: 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
Nigerians really needs to be careful and not believe all this propaganda,

1) How many Hospitals has the appropriate test kits
2) How many Hospitals has accurate details and record of sick, dead and proven reason of death - People could as well be dying of Corona virus without knowing.
3) Can the government proof to have the above records from all hospitals in the country, the Virus cannot be detected by testing temperature at POE and providing records of previous travel history can be falsify by anyone.

Some one positive is now negative.. Na so our people no dey carry last.

Many People still find it difficult to believe all this figures thrown around in the developed Nations, na Nigeria own i go come believe.

People might as well be dying of the disease and they will claim its TB, Spiritual attack, poison, Juju etc.

Everyone needs to start taking precautionary measures especially those with previous respiratory issues and the very old ones.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by alfredilly: 6:33pm On Mar 13, 2020
peacettw:

I would have agreed with you completely except for the glaring fact that our brothers and sisters in foreign countries are not getting sick as well.

Hudson Odoi is a black, he was diagnosed yesterday. A Nigeria footballer in Italy second tier has died due to this. Togo, Cameroon and Cote d'voire has recorded case.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by peacettw: 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2020
alfredilly:

Hudson Odoi is a black, he was diagnosed yesterday. A Nigeria footballer in Italy second tier has died due to this. Togo, Cameroon and Cote d'voire has recorded case.
Let me rephrase, how do you explain the markedly low incidence and prevalence of this disease in blacks?
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by peacettw: 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
The major question we all should ask ourselves is this. Why is there no media coverage on the disproportionate low distribution of morbidity and mortality of this virus in people of African ancestry?

What is the deal there? Can they claim that they aren't observing this same trend. Are they blind? Why the silence? Or are they too big to accept that the answer may lie in us, our genes. Is that so hard to accept that we, the blacks, may literally be the saviour of this modern world?

Well, that's their cup of tea because anyone with common sense should have deduced by now that more health workers of African ancestry should be employed ASAP to take care of their sick.
Whatever cure they are working on should involve black volunteers and to provide herd immunity which they desperately need, they may want to reconsider the visa ban and literally give away visas to encourage immigration after an agreement has been reached to cater to our needs. Because at the end of it all, any economy will collapse if there is noone on the streets..the robots can only do so much. They need us and they know it.

Lofty thoughts but I am sure there is a line of logic to be found.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Yemi7up: 6:40pm On Mar 13, 2020
mekaboy:
Shameless country. Good for nothing government. That means someone with the virus can test negative and someone without will test positive. And the spreading will increase.
Did you read this article at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / COVID-19: Nigeria Adds Two Laboratories For Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.