Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,004 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:14 PM

Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive (37067 Views)

Woman Who Tested Negative For COVID-19 Fails HIV/AIDS And Hepatitis Test / Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Tests Negative For Coronavirus, 40 Days After / Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by geosegun(m): 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2020
alfredilly:

Unfounded theories and baseless claim are a common sympton in Africa. Ebola that plagued central Africa for more than 20 years is a virus, why is it not killed by the prevailing heat. Corona virus is a flu. Even the common flu that brings cold affect people in Africa. The reason for low spread here is the peculiar nature of Africa itself. We are far removed from the rest of the world as tourist don't put us on top list of their priority.

Wrong insinuation, there are different kind of flu. Those that adapt to hot humid region (Ebola) and those that adapt to climate just like different organisms and animals do. When Ebola ravaged Africa, why was is not widespread all over the world especially more colder regions? Does it mean one or two people were not found infected in developed countries brought in by thos who went to Africa at that time?. Q
Have you been to MMA alone? Do you know the number of flights that lands and take off on daily basis to europe and America? Why do you thing the world was so concerned about Ebola just after it got to Nigeria.

Climate plays a major role bro.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by manGODDED: 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2020
arejibadz:
Nothing survives here not dreams, not viruses
Epic cheesy
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by zakir007(m): 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2020
Urhobokwaleboy:
A nigga once said: Hehe Nigeria my Nigeria. Na only laugh i fit laugh.. Tested positive then later negative, hehe abeg make una free me..
After recovery, before discharge the patient has to be tested to confirm that it's negative. Some of you are just ignorant

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by opomulero(m): 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2020
abeg wetin nigeria dey use treat corona virus infected people, as anyone tested positive immediately dt person enters nigeria, in 2 weeks dt person will test negative.......dont we think we need more covid guys to come for miraculous healing in nigeria
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2020
zakir007:

After recovery, before discharge the patient has to be tested to confirm that it's negative. Some of you are just ignorant

k
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by abdullkabar(m): 9:16pm On Mar 13, 2020
I believe with a very bouyant immune system, the covid-19 is not much of a threat.

Theory!!
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by lloyds(m): 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
tooth4tooth:
I guess there is something in West Africa that inhibit the growth of the virus .

The virus dies at 26-27 Celsius. ..that why it's running from Africa's heat.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by abdullkabar(m): 9:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Am not in the biological Field but what I know is that our body produces some kind of pathogens when we get infected, and this pathogens somehow help us to combat the virus untill we no longer secrete the virus in our body.
At the point of infection we could take antiviral medicine to slow down the rate at which the virus reproduce in our body. And our immune system do the remaining work.
Lolz, you try sha
Our body doesn't produce pathogens(pathogens are microorganisms that causes sickness, so the covid19 virus is a pathogen)
Our body produces antibodies (which are white blood cells), this tries to fight of pathogens from our body by ingesting the pathogens, producing chemicals to inhibit the pathogens, raising of body temperature etc.
Quite an interesting course(mcb 303/pathogenesis)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Nairalandmonika: 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
abdullkabar:

Lolz, you try sha
Our body doesn't produce pathogens(pathogens are microorganisms that causes sickness, so the covid19 virus is a pathogen)
Our body produces antibodies (which are white blood cells), this tries to fight of pathogens from our body by ingesting the pathogens, producing chemicals to inhibit the pathogens, raising of body temperature etc.
Quite an interesting course(mcb 303/pathogenesis)
Ya, you are right, it's antibodies, not pathogens. It's not my field anyway but I read about it some weeks back.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by sayisayi(m): 10:08pm On Mar 13, 2020
Summary : Pounded yam is the antidote
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by farem: 10:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
mekaboy:
Shameless country. Good for nothing government. That means someone with the virus can test negative and someone without will test positive. And the spreading will increase.

You don't understand yourself. You are wired to call anything you don't like or that doesn't offer you free things 'shameless', even if it's money!
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by kbbanj10(m): 10:23pm On Mar 13, 2020
arejibadz:
Nothing survives here not dreams, not viruses
wicked guy ...lol
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by idtwo: 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2020
Peachtree, I doff my hat. Your line of argument and reasoning on this topic has been very good and insightful. It is refreshing to read intelligent deductions and inferences that you brought up. Well done sir. Africa(blacks) are indeed blessed, as other races are, just poor management and selfishness has been our albatross. However you look at it, you cannot but conclude that there is a divine hand that has shielded Africa, especially Nigeria from this ravaging scourge. We are quite selfish, have poor hygiene practices and live in horribly dirty environment. The virus would have made a mincemeat of us but for God's grace and mercy. Thank you Jesus. Let's praise him people.
O Lord, pls heal the world. Stop this plague, Amen.
peacettw:

I would have agreed with you completely except for the glaring fact that our brothers and sisters in foreign countries are not getting sick as well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2020
Nigeria is winning the coronavirus war. Anyone who does not like that should go hug an infected transformer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Saintly01(m): 11:23pm On Mar 13, 2020
Good news, Thank God.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by edupedia: 2:06am On Mar 14, 2020
seunlayi:

Firstly, let me ask how effective are the test kits?
Secondly, maybe there should be a period of confirmation before publicity while the victim is still under quarantine.
Thirdly, I will just prefer a total lock at our entry points or quarantine of incoming visitors for proper check.

So far, kudos to our local Medical team for doing a good job

Next time, what u said last should have been your first statement.

YOUR "KUDOS" NEED TO BE QUARANTINED
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by passionate87(m): 3:54am On Mar 14, 2020
YorubaKinging:
I've said it and will keep saying it
No blood of Judah will be infected

That's how you know fake isreali and the real ones

There's difference between white and black
Guy your words are deep,in the book of Jeremiah it shows the tribe of Judah are actually blacks.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Chicastle: 4:01am On Mar 14, 2020
omoharry:
They said its the weather.
Actually the weather is hot though
I wonder how the amajiris wear those things on the head like Sanusi
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by peacettw: 4:08am On Mar 14, 2020
idtwo:
Peachtree, I doff my hat. Your line of argument and reasoning on this topic has been very good and insightful. It is refreshing to read intelligent deductions and inferences that you brought up. Well done sir. Africa(blacks) are indeed blessed, as other races are, just poor management and selfishness has been our albatross. However you look at it, you cannot but conclude that there is a divine hand that has shielded Africa, especially Nigeria from this ravaging scourge. We are quite selfish, have poor hygiene practices and live in horribly dirty environment. The virus would have made a mincemeat of us but for God's grace and mercy. Thank you Jesus. Let's praise him people.
O Lord, pls heal the world. Stop this plague, Amen.

I couldn't agree more. It would have been a colossal disaster if we weren't immune. Thank God
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by femmy2010(m): 6:33am On Mar 14, 2020
mekaboy:
Shameless country. Good for nothing government. That means someone with the virus can test negative and someone without will test positive. And the spreading will increase.

Why not move to the USA, China , UK , Brazil etc where all is well and you are sure of not contracting Covid 19.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:15am On Mar 14, 2020
peacettw:

I couldn't agree more. It would have been a colossal disaster if we weren't immune. Thank God

How were you immune? I hope you really understand what immunity is, and the factors that contribute to it? How can you be immune to a virus your body hasn't come in contact in the past, compare to the whites and Asians that frequently have flu?

Somewhere else, you said your brothers and sisters living outside are not being infected! Who told you that? You didn't hear that a Nigerian footballer in Italy, as well as a Nigerian in the USA are infected? How about the Nigerian doctor that died in the UK?
Let's not be forming experts in things we do not really know much about
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:21am On Mar 14, 2020
abdullkabar:
I believe with a very bouyant immune system, the covid-19 is not much of a threat.

Theory!!

Not just a theory its fact, corona mostly kills old people and people who are already very sick with weak immune system

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by peacettw: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

How were you immune? I hope you really understand what immunity is, and the factors that contribute to it? How can you be immune to a virus your body hasn't come in contact in the past, compare to the whites and Asians that frequently have flu?

Somewhere else, you said your brothers and sisters living outside are not being infected! Who told you that? You didn't hear that a Nigerian footballer in Italy, as well as a Nigerian in the USA are infected? How about the Nigerian doctor that died in the UK?
Let's not be forming experts in things we do not really know much about

*sighs*
Immunity in lay man's language means that you are protected from something seemingly harmful. In medicine, immunity can be partial or total. Measles vaccination confers total immunity whereas tetanus toxoid only offers partial immunity to tetanus. There are other terms like natural and passive immunity but I don't want to go into all of that.

Now let's talk about covid-19 which is just a fancy name for a different strain of corona virus. Corona virus is ubiquitous, seemingly everywhere and is responsible for the catarrh and cough we all have gone through at some point in our lives. Since I don't know the entire genetic makeup of the COVID-19, i can say with some certainty that a large chunk of it is similar to corona virus which we are all used to, thus addressing your question on "how can we be immune to something we aren't exposed to?" The whites periodically get flu shots to avoid succumbing to the disease, when last have you heard that an African got a flu shot? And what does that tell you?

As for the fine details of what makes us immune to covid-19, either partial or total (the jury is still on the table), it is still unclear but I do know that since we aren't yet dying like chickens both at home and abroad, and technically since we can't all claim it is a miracle cos science, I am comfortable using the safe term that immunity offers.
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Lifesnatcher(m): 9:16am On Mar 14, 2020
mekaboy:
What do you mean
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Lifesnatcher(m): 9:21am On Mar 14, 2020
I will be waiting for march 27 as the prophet tb joshua has said,that the virus will be no more,i want to be the first witness. undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive by Ayobami7(m): 2:32pm On Mar 14, 2020
na wa ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wale Akinlotan: Police Officer Slumps, Dies In Lagos Days After Suspect’s Bite / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.