Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks (54415 Views)

CBN Appoints New Executives For Union, Keystone And Polaris Bank / Gtbank In Acquisition Talks / Access Bank Debunks Merger, Acquisition Talks With Union Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Correcto: 8:37am On Mar 14, 2020
GTB, FCMB and Fidelity should merge
Barthley:
Gtb get users too
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by CharleyBright(m): 8:38am On Mar 14, 2020
Ugo4hotish:

Don't discuss what you do not understand. Nigerian fooool

You are so vex with discussion against Polaris bank?
Are you a Cheap Contract staff praying for First bank merger? Lolx.
Sorry, even if FBN take over Polaris, they will lay off your sorry as. OR they will force you to remain as the cheap contract staff you are.
Thats too bad for you.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by ITbomb(m): 8:40am On Mar 14, 2020
Icon4s:

Skye/Polaris bank was never Afribank or Mainstreet bank
Do we need to argue or you can check Google for me please

I bought my JAMB form in AfriBank and got my first scholarship payment from AfriBank so I have an account there, changed account number to NUBAN in Mainstreet and still using it in Polaris. .

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Soul47(m): 8:41am On Mar 14, 2020
Bamibor:

People just talk out of assumptions, so FBN with over 5trn in assets and No 2 in total deposit base is not that strong. Try to study a little before you talk so you don't sound too shallow.

That guys comment was too dumb to happen in 2020.

Well... It is the internet that have given everyone freedom to make opinion on what they do or do not know.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Bamibor: 8:41am On Mar 14, 2020
Bluffly:
They should be specific if it is merger or acquisition. I think it is Merger with FBN having the higher stake and being the unbrella

It can't be merger because Polaris for example is currently owned by AMCON and CBN has been looking for a buyer since last year. Heritage bank's numbers don't also look very good.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Bluffly: 8:43am On Mar 14, 2020
Bamibor:

It can't be merger because Polaris for example is currently owned by AMCON and CBN has been looking for a buyer since last year. Heritage bank's numbers don't also look very good.
But they've been using the word merger more
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by aspiring44: 8:45am On Mar 14, 2020
HillLuxury:
Mega acquisition

Real . mega acquisition.

They will make it look later like merger, but in the real sense it's outright take over + acquisition.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Soul47(m): 8:46am On Mar 14, 2020
Bluffly:

For the public.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Soul47(m): 8:47am On Mar 14, 2020
Ausrichie:

I swear people don dey run from FBN from the saucy staff to the annoying deductions and freezing of account. Common 20k dem fit freeze your account.

Na KYC

Customer Info update after a while.

Nothing much.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:48am On Mar 14, 2020
Mutemenot:
It shall come to a time our banks will be narrowed to 4, namely UBA, Zenith, FBN and Access banks

Union and GT Banks are also Giants
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by DAVE5(m): 8:49am On Mar 14, 2020
Actuarydeji:
It is a pity! I need to withdraw my money from Polaris on Monday, I can't cope with FBN poor customer service

I actually stopped using my first bank account since last year cos of their poor customer service in all their branches I had visited, I told them to deactivate my account and they were saying stories (how can we help, you don't have to, account can't be deactivated, what happened, just continue, after the stupid deed had been done) now my Polaris account would become first bank as well, tueh

I get 8kplus in the polaris, I'll withdraw and close the account too if they refuse to deactivate, I abandon and delete like I did to my former first bank

First bank!!! Tueh tueh

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2020

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by kofomii: 8:53am On Mar 14, 2020
FIRST BANK is not that strong to acquire any bank in nigeria. The response to the merger story didnt make sense. The company sec. didnt say yes or no. I didnt expect that from the sec. Poor response indeed.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by wildlife9999(m): 8:53am On Mar 14, 2020
first bank want to flex like access bank. I don't see first bank buying those two bank
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Mkayfrenzy(m): 8:54am On Mar 14, 2020
Mutemenot:
It shall come to a time our banks will be narrowed to 4, namely UBA, Zenith, FBN and Access banks
remove that access and replace it with GTb asap

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 14, 2020
Mutemenot:
Where is GTB in this your Kalo Kalo list? angry

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Bamibor: 8:55am On Mar 14, 2020
Bluffly:

The choice of words is deliberate to avoid stoking panic in the polity. The banking industry is the backbone of the economy any sense of panic created will have a ripple effect.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by wildlife9999(m): 8:59am On Mar 14, 2020
Dangote make dey ooo instead of buying arsenal @ £2 billion kukuma buy bank.na
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by DAVE5(m): 9:00am On Mar 14, 2020
Soul47:

Na KYC

Customer Info update after a while.

Nothing much.

I run from first bank, why

I wanted to withdraw 60k cash over the counter or do transfer using form, they said they don't attend to withdrawal or transfer less than 100k, meanwhile I purposely don't have an atm or do online banking so I can save money except an emergency comes up, emergency came, I withdrew till it became 60k, I still needed the 60k and they didn't want to give me my own money, I had to transfer 40k there, waited cos I don't receive alerts either, checked to see if the 40k hit the account so I cld withdraw 100, waited for hours still no show, and I went home feeling stupid cos it was a Friday and I needed the fund for the weekend plus I was now short of 40k extra

Bastard bank of a stupid system

First bank !!! Very stupid bank

10 Likes

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by JoseRaji(m): 9:01am On Mar 14, 2020
Actuarydeji:
It is a pity! I need to withdraw my money from Polaris on Monday, I can't cope with FBN poor customer service
Seconded.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by pacespot(m): 9:06am On Mar 14, 2020
This is a sign of a weak economy when the financial institutions are not fully capitalized with strong liquidity, then merger is inevitable. I hope Nigeria is not walking towards another recession
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Kaydeexotic(m): 9:10am On Mar 14, 2020
donbrowser:

GtBank and others

It's like u people have not used stanbic bank before... Those people are untouchable abeg... kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by pacespot(m): 9:14am On Mar 14, 2020
serendipityF:
For those of you saying mega acquisition. No that's not the case, they are merging not like first bank is acquiring them the way access bank acquired diamond bank oo. First bank is not all that powerful

Merger and acquisition are almost the same, the difference is only visible at the board of directors level, to we the customers, the new merger name will still be the first bank.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Easy2K: 9:14am On Mar 14, 2020
Mikehot:
gtb strong pass the accessbank and zenith you menttioned

Now edited.
GTB, FBN, Zenith, UBA... in that order.
Go open accounts here only otherwise oyo is ur case.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by upsonn(m): 9:21am On Mar 14, 2020
Mutemenot:

Is GTB in your list ?
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by kponkedenge(m): 9:27am On Mar 14, 2020
[s]
NextD18:
GTB and Zenith remains the best bank!!
[/s]
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Icon4s(m): 9:27am On Mar 14, 2020
ITbomb:

Do we need to argue or you can check Google for me please

I bought my JAMB form in AfriBank and got my first scholarship payment from AfriBank so I have an account there, change account number to NUBAN in Mainstreet and still using it in Polaris. .

Skye bank was never Afribank.

Skye only acquired Mainstreet bank which was formerly Afribank.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by moderatedguy: 9:28am On Mar 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
I saw one Heritage Bank branch in my area fully built but not operating for many years. Saraki and partners were hoping for a PDP return in 2019 to begin stealing so as to revive the bank. First bank should be careful who they are buying.
U be Mumu Man.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by kponkedenge(m): 9:29am On Mar 14, 2020
ITbomb:
Polaris don suffer

From AfriBank to Mainstreet to Skye to Polaris and finally to First Bank

Afri Bank, the good old years I use to buy my GCE and JAMB form from.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by moderatedguy: 9:31am On Mar 14, 2020
Alezy:
Wow....a whole first bank?
First bank is the buyer here oo.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Basildvalour(m): 9:32am On Mar 14, 2020
johnmattew:
Ecobank too.... that bank is the only pan African bank in naija
RUBBISH ECOBANK

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 14, 2020
Kaydeexotic:

It's like u people have not used stanbic bank before... Those people are untouchable abeg... kiss kiss
You hardly can find them in the rural places

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Herbert Wigwe Crash: Another family to get $75m compensation / Femi Otedola Steps Out With His Daughters, Tolani,florence And Temi / Owoboy Freeman Obg: 'Calling Me A Ritualist Hurts Me'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.