Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks (54450 Views)

CBN Appoints New Executives For Union, Keystone And Polaris Bank / Gtbank In Acquisition Talks / Access Bank Debunks Merger, Acquisition Talks With Union Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by DAVE5(m): 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
petuniaevents:
What will their new name be now?

First polaris bank

So we could have another one called "second polaris bank"

Pun intended
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by xnsandrxns: 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
ITbomb:
Polaris don suffer

From AfriBank to Mainstreet to Skye to Polaris and finally to First Bank
You forgot it was once Cooperative Bank too
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Exodora: 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
kponkedenge:

Afri Bank, the good old years I use to buy my GCE and JAMB form from.
So you wrote plenty of GCE and JAMB theater you used to buy from them.
Abstain from social media and study some people will see it as an insult.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Icon4s(m): 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
ITbomb:

And here I was thinking I'm having a sane discussion about name change with a homo sapien, not knowing some egoistic homo erectus is behind the keyboard

You need a complete brain transplant. Sorry, the current one you have is damaged.
And please go back to your school to reclaim your school fees, because you obviously learnt nothing.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by kevotek1000(m): 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
GOFRONT:
A firstbank that I cannot withdraw my last 1K, is that one a firstbank?

We are talking Sterlingbank, you are talking Firstbank....

It obvious it been a while you bank with FBN.. You can withdraw your last 1k... A minimum
of N100 is the money that must be your account at always... All the same if you have exact 1000k u can still withdraw it

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Exodora: 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2020
kzeebaba:

Guess u still staying in the village, the minimum balance on savings is 100naira
Ecobank is on zero naira for savings now.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Opeade939(f): 12:16pm On Mar 14, 2020
MrHighSea:

And all but one passed the "merge" exam.
Guaranty trust bank is still my best so far.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by edemsimeon: 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2020
POLARIS BANK FIRST WANTS TO ACQUIRE WAS AFRIBANK BEFORE,LATER IT CHANHED TO MAINSTREAM BANK,THEN TO SKYE BANK.NOW IT WANNA MERGE WITH FBN
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by edemsimeon: 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2020
AFRIBANK SHARE IS WITH ME. I WANT TO SELL IT OUT.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by ALABACONNECT(m): 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
All this things.... Like this merger would just end up getting people sacked. There's just no job security in the banking sector
Well, for your smart TVs and Soundsystems, check my signature
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Alezy(m): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2020
moderatedguy:
First bank is the buyer here oo.
yeah, I didn't see that early. Was surprised though
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Sezua(m): 1:49pm On Mar 14, 2020
dominique:

Where will you put GTB? The strongest of them all
What is your definition of a strong bank?
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Rex123(m): 1:50pm On Mar 14, 2020
Somatic:

Zenith is actually stronger than GTB. Share capital size, total deposits,and overall profitability for over 3 years have consistently put Zenith on top of GTB.and other banks as the number 1 financial institution on Nigeria. Financials of 2019 widened the gap.

Zenith and GTBank are the biggest banks in Nigeria, go check their last year report. Zenith was more profitable than GTBank GTBank was second in the country. The profit margin GTBank had was so much that it was double of the third
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Back2Daura(m): 2:09pm On Mar 14, 2020
Gtb should aquire Sterling
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by ikennamadu1(m): 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mikehot:
Can Union Bank, keystone and wema join the merger too

I recommend Gtb to save these banks from their worries
Union bank can never merge with any bank... Union bank is strong
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
ikennamadu1:

ineffective old people's bank
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Welcomme: 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2020
dingbang:
you understand! cool
Long time bro... Are u still with first bank?
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Type532(m): 3:37pm On Mar 14, 2020
ikennamadu1:

zenith just acquired Union Bank.
from a reliable source.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by PS4shoprite: 5:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
dominique:

Where will you put GTB? The strongest of them all

Stop spewing trash madam.
How is GTB stronger than Zenith??

Get hold of their financial statements and cure ur ignorance.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by phillipsword(m): 6:18pm On Mar 14, 2020
don't try my UBA....that bank is not going anywhere too much money wan kill,dat bank
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Godpikin4real(f): 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2020
First Bank of Nigeria PLC, truly the first. The very, very, very reliable(If not the most reliable). The only bank I can go to sleep with my two eyes closed.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Godpikin4real(f): 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2020
First bank of Nigeria PLC. The first and the best. The most reliable bank in Nigeria. The only bank I can bank with and go to sleep with both eyez closed.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by akinyemire(m): 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2020
Its always funny how we the youth of naija nowadays react to rumors.the post above did not state that the merger rumor is valid infact it was denied by that statement "every organisation would like to grow inorganically". meaning its not something they will want to go into.Smh. undecided
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by zoezoelogistics(m): 8:20pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mikehot:

Go and check your facts well , Union bank and Wema are very strong banks.
I will rather advise you calm your nerves.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by zoezoelogistics(m): 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2020
Alezy:
Wow....a whole first bank?

It seems you didn’t understand that article.
First bank and a few other banks passed the stress test conducted by the CBN for all the banks, while heritage, Polaris and 5 others failed the test and were consequently advised to consider an option of merging with a strong bank to avoid a total collapse.

Hence, this merger is a face saving effort, First bank is the STRONG BANK here.

C’est clear?

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Beaubussy(f): 8:28pm On Mar 14, 2020
Minimum bal is now #100 not #1000

GOFRONT:
A firstbank that I cannot withdraw my last 1K, is that one a firstbank?

We are talking Sterlingbank, you are talking Firstbank....

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Alezy(m): 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2020
zoezoelogistics:

It seems you didn’t understand that article.
First bank and a few other banks passed the stress test conducted by the CBN for all the banks, while heritage, Polaris and 5 others failed the test and were consequently advised to consider an option of merging with a strong bank to avoid a total collapse.

Hence, this merger is a face saving effort, First bank is the STRONG BANK here.

C’est clear?
yea I got it since and a few other guys corrected me already. Thanks anyway
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Beaubussy(f): 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2020
First bank is not that powerful Dumb you. FBN is unofficially Nigeria's bank and can acquire 10 banks at once

serendipityF:
For those of you saying mega acquisition. No that's not the case, they are merging not like first bank is acquiring them the way access bank acquired diamond bank oo. First bank is not all that powerful
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Mutemenot(m): 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
TheGiftedOne:

Union and GT Banks are also Giants

Union is going soon. Zenith 'll swallow them like access did to diamond
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Uchechiokpara39: 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2020
Please my fidelity bank is actually a T1 bank
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Insectkiller: 9:43pm On Mar 14, 2020
ITbomb:
Polaris don suffer

From AfriBank to Mainstreet to Skye to Polaris and finally to First Bank

Lolz...u dey follow Dem..
grin
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Ay04z(m): 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mikehot:

wema have been sold alat. If u know u know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Steps Out With His Daughters, Tolani,florence And Temi / Owoboy Freeman Obg: 'Calling Me A Ritualist Hurts Me' / Herbert Wigwe Crash: Another family to get $75m compensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.