Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks (54471 Views)

CBN Appoints New Executives For Union, Keystone And Polaris Bank / Gtbank In Acquisition Talks / Access Bank Debunks Merger, Acquisition Talks With Union Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by dee4dayo(m): 9:32am On Mar 14, 2020
The name, FirstHep Bank, loading...
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Jokerman(m): 9:39am On Mar 14, 2020
oldman112:
Wema bank is the best bank. Fully owned and operated by the north.

Dead bank
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:40am On Mar 14, 2020
helinues:
Too much money.

Acquiring 2 banks at once...

kids listen

Heritage bank own by babagida family

Polaris Banks acquired few years ago by buhari family

we are looking under table deal
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by PervertProphet: 9:42am On Mar 14, 2020
Actuarydeji:
It is a pity! I need to withdraw my money from Polaris on Monday, I can't cope with FBN poor customer service

Sane thing I thought hahahaha! When I read this news.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by BoboKush(m): 9:43am On Mar 14, 2020
This is rumour jor....
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by goodnija: 9:50am On Mar 14, 2020
Still leaving the piece of shit call first bank. Very useless banking and policy system
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by alizma: 9:51am On Mar 14, 2020
ITbomb:
Polaris don suffer

From AfriBank to Mainstreet to Skye to Polaris and finally to First Bank
That is a good journey na. Coming from behind to become the first, e no easy.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Bamibor: 10:08am On Mar 14, 2020
dee4dayo:
The name, FirstHep Bank, loading...

I very much doubt that...the name will be First Bank; think Access Bank and Diamond.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by kcute(m): 10:12am On Mar 14, 2020
MrHighSea:

And all but one passed the "merge" exam.

Gtb oga
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by ITbomb(m): 10:15am On Mar 14, 2020
Icon4s:

Skye bank was never Afribank.

Skye only acquired Mainstreet bank which was formerly Afribank.
And here I was thinking I'm having a sane discussion about name change with a homo sapien, not knowing some egoistic homo erectus is behind the keyboard
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Ezechimma(m): 10:15am On Mar 14, 2020
serendipityF:
For those of you saying mega acquisition. No that's not the case, they are merging not like first bank is acquiring them the way access bank acquired diamond bank oo. First bank is not all that powerful

I think it is merger with heritage bank while an acquisition for Polaris bank

1 Like

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Soulseeker01(m): 10:21am On Mar 14, 2020
GamalNasser:

You don't have sense
na em yansh em dey use tink
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Ugo4hotish(m): 10:23am On Mar 14, 2020
CharleyBright:

You are so vex with discussion against Polaris bank?
Are you a Cheap Contract staff praying for First bank merger? Lolx.
Sorry, even if FBN take over Polaris, they will lay off your sorry as. OR they will force you to remain as the cheap contract staff you are.
Thats too bad for you.

Says a jobless Nigerian idiot...you shall never find a job in the name of ogun
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Soulseeker01(m): 10:23am On Mar 14, 2020
Mutemenot:
It shall come to a time our banks will be narrowed to 4, namely UBA, Zenith, FBN and Access banks
Haba Gtb ni dey ur list, then u r wrong
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Ugo4hotish(m): 10:25am On Mar 14, 2020
CharleyBright:

You woke up and starting picking fights by putting your mouth where e no concern u and calling me Fool.
Do u abuse people so easy? You no get manners?
You will soon call your father goat before noon..

Go and take your usual drug.
Useless youth.

Bringing someone's parents in a quarrel is a sign of insanity...mannerless goat
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by dalongjnr: 10:27am On Mar 14, 2020
Evolutionary processes of polaris bank.
Afribank metamorphosed to mainstreet bank.
Mainstreet merged to Skye.
Skye to polaris.
Polaris bank to ??
If they joined first bank then I quit.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by fergieboy: 10:40am On Mar 14, 2020
dominique:

Where will you put GTB? The strongest of them all
Have they paid innOsson
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by fergieboy: 10:40am On Mar 14, 2020
donbrowser:

GtBank and others
Have they paid innoson
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by ZiggyMr(m): 10:48am On Mar 14, 2020
DAVE5:

I run from first bank, why

I wanted to withdraw 60k cash over the counter or do transfer using form, they said they don't attend to withdrawal or transfer less than 100k, meanwhile I purposely don't have an atm or do online banking so I can save money except an emergency comes up, emergency came, I withdrew till it became 60k, I still needed the 60k and they didn't want to give me my own money, I had to transfer 40k there, waited cos I don't receive alerts either, checked to see if the 40k hit the account so I cld withdraw 100, waited for hours still no show, and I went home feeling stupid cos it was a Friday and I needed the fund for the weekend plus I was now short of 40k extra

Bastard bank of a stupid system

First bank !!! Very stupid bank

Had a similar experience last week, after submitting all necessary documents at a branch, few weeks later went to another branch for withdrawal was told my account was Frozen. Frozen!!! Why? I was told to bring my documents again and wait for 14days for it to be resolved. Now am counting 14days
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by sharone21(f): 10:48am On Mar 14, 2020
Strong banks: Gtb( exists in some African countries eg Gambia), Zenith, First bank( you can transfer money via Western Union& Money Gram abroad), Access bank, Fidelity, Wema( You can transfer money via Western Union & Money Gram abroad), UBA( exists in some African countries eg Benin Republic), FCMB, ECOBANK( exists in many African countries)

*As per their Customer Care it depends on the banks. The ones with very active social media pages are: First bank, Wema( especially with ALAT by Wema- the only digital account you can fix money without physical presence and no cumbersomeness in navigating its online application)& having the best fix deposit rate previously @ 10% but crashed it to 6% per annum as directed by present government , Fidelity( both on Fbk & Whatsapp). Access is trying.

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by kzeebaba: 10:49am On Mar 14, 2020
GOFRONT:
A firstbank that I cannot withdraw my last 1K, is that one a firstbank?

We are talking Sterlingbank, you are talking Firstbank....

Guess u still staying in the village, the minimum balance on savings is 100naira

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by CyberEBOLA(m): 11:07am On Mar 14, 2020
Ausrichie:

I swear people don dey run from FBN from the saucy staff to the annoying deductions and freezing of account. Common 20k dem fit freeze your account.
Please what makes FBN freeze accounts? Pls share
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by oodua1stson: 11:08am On Mar 14, 2020
ITbomb:
Polaris don suffer

Oga, it was cooperative Bank that changed to Skye then to polaris
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 14, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
Please what makes FBN freeze accounts? Pls share
I dey work for the bank ni. They will just blab one bullshit about irregular activity and gbam the account is frozen.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by petuniaevents(f): 11:16am On Mar 14, 2020
What will their new name be now?

Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by CyberEBOLA(m): 11:18am On Mar 14, 2020
Ausrichie:

I dey work for the bank ni. They will just blab one bullshit about irregular activity and gbam the account is frozen.
Nawa oooo.. Seems I need to consider migrating o
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by einsteine(m): 11:28am On Mar 14, 2020
Zico5:
Apart from First bank, no other bank is that strong. They can be acquired by any strong bank.

You don't know what you are saying.

Zenith and GTB are both stronger than FBN
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by LilPeezy(m): 11:33am On Mar 14, 2020
Cyberterror:
You are a bigger fool.
Where exactly did u keep ur sense You sound like d biggest fool of today
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by born2loveee(f): 11:41am On Mar 14, 2020
NextD18:
GTB and Zenith remains the best bank!!

I dey tell you.
GTB that operate a zero account. As in, you can withdraw your last #1000.0 there. As a student,it couldn't be more better for me.
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by invectives(m): 11:52am On Mar 14, 2020
Somatic:

Zenith is actually stronger than GTB. Share capital size, total deposits,and overall profitability for over 3 years have consistently put Zenith on top of GTB.and other banks as the number 1 financial institution on Nigeria. Financials of 2019 widened the gap.
Thats Becos Emefiele is from Zenith Bank....Udom Emmanuel too
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by rolams(m): 11:56am On Mar 14, 2020
ITbomb:
Polaris don suffer

You no mention EKO BANK
Re: First Bank Confirms Merger, Acquisition Talks With Heritage And Polaris Banks by DAVE5(m): 11:58am On Mar 14, 2020
ZiggyMr:

Had a similar experience last week, after submitting all necessary documents at a branch, few weeks later went to another branch for withdrawal was told my account was Frozen. Frozen!!! Why? I was told to bring my documents again and wait for 14days for it to be resolved. Now am counting 14days

Wow, frozen, just like that

I can only imagine the inconveniences this would have cost and/or caused you, and would still cost and/or cause you

I don abandon the account tay yay, sorry though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Owoboy Freeman Obg: 'Calling Me A Ritualist Hurts Me' / Femi Otedola Steps Out With His Daughters, Tolani,florence And Temi / Herbert Wigwe Crash: Another family to get $75m compensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.