Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? (1481 Views)

Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God / If Allah Is God, Why Does He Pray For Muhammad? Surah 33:43, 33:56, And 2:157? / Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by CaveAdullam: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
MJBOLT:
same yesterday and forever dumb talk again,i'm sure it's a fact the earth is flat or that snakes and donkeys can talk,oh wait a virgin gave birth without having sex grin
Flat earth you say Huh! Pew!

Snake not snakes, donkey not donkeys. Get that into your heart of hate.

Concerning the virgin part, if a God cannot play that role perfectly then He ought not to be called a God. He needs to showcase many of His powers and whatsoever you think is insignificant. Winks.

MJBOLT:
most of you zombies dont even know how many times your bible has be edited,i mean we have dozens of versions yet y'all serve one god and are led by one holy spirit

Edited: maybe from black and white to colour, small print to large print, hard copy to soft copy et al.

At least a talking donkey is not replaced with a talking human neither a talking snake replaced with a talking priest. You see, regardless of the editing and different versions, all facts still remains the same, even a Virgin Mary was not omitted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by LordReed(m): 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2020
Maximus69:

I think your profession is very very relevant here Sir, because whatever profession you must have a PERSONAL INTEREST if you will perform excellently in the field.

Personal relationship with God means dealing with him directly but there must be introduction between two persons before their relationship turns intimate!

The Bible is like a letter from a loving father to his children, each one of us needs it to fully grasp how to deal with our heavenly father and our neighbours, if you feel you don't need a father apart from your biological human father it means you will only live your life within the circumference of what you learnt from your biological father, but to cohabit peacefully with other humans whose biological fathers differ from yours, we all need an eternal father whose standards can help us! smiley

You have not shown me how my profession is relevant to the discussion.

You have not shown me how a "letter" written by men thousands of years ago is more relevant to your personal relationship with the god you claim you have one with than the god himself.

You have a wife, she wrote you a letter when you were courting. Now instead of paying attention to what she's saying now, you are paying attention to the letter she wrote all those years ago. That is not how any sane person behaves.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by kingxsamz(m): 6:27pm On Mar 14, 2020
peggywebbs:

Yes to answer your question, a doctor had intimacy with medicine..in fact that's all he lives for.

And you need a book to learn about your religion. Its,origin, its rules, its principles.

Just as muc much as a country needs law to maintain order. A Christian needs their bible as a guide.

Why do you all deny the truth. Even in our daily lives we need books,..some read newspapers, others journals, magazines, online articles. Why? Because they contain knowledge. It's the same with the bible dear.

Even atheists need books. If not how else will you keep finding facts to disprove religion?

It's hard for you to comprehend, I understand.
But please, stop making me repeat myself.

In your own opinion, is God and Medicine the same?
Can you interact with it?
Can you express your feelings to medicine?
Can you talk to medicine.
Is medicine a being?

I'm asking based on your own view of your God.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by kingxsamz(m): 6:31pm On Mar 14, 2020
peggywebbs:

Medical books are based on facts that were once ideas or theories and experimented on. Religion is based on people's lives. You exist and that is a fact.

We exist, and that is a fact.
Religion is not based on facts.

Like you Said, medical books are based on facts that were once theories, but your religious books are based on theories that have failed to be proven...
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by kingxsamz(m): 6:34pm On Mar 14, 2020
CaveAdullam:
Hahahaha, facts are facts and do not need to be updated regularly. All these different adjustments and updates begin to make one wonder if they are even sure of what they are saying. Unlike the Bible- same yesterday, today and forever.

If the bible is based on facts, then can its details be proven, logically? Scientifically? Physically?
If no, then it's all horseshit...

2 Likes

Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by kingxsamz(m): 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2020
MJBOLT:
nairaland christians are a special kind of dumb,answer the op question,they are asking for his profession undecided

That's their method.

Ask a question to dodge a question.

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by kingxsamz(m): 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2020
CaveAdullam:

Concerning the virgin part, if a God cannot play that role perfectly then He ought not to be called a God. He needs to showcase many of His powers and whatsoever you think is insignificant. Winks.

Lol, I guess his powers are gone then, because no one's seen or heard anything in like, centuries.
Oh, I forgot, he has decided to go into hiding till rapture.

I challenge you to answer Op's question

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by CaveAdullam: 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, I guess his powers are gone then, because no one's seen or heard anything in like, centuries.
It was meant for a single purpose, not to be repeated thereby losing its purpose. This is what makes it very unique and different from others.

kingxsamz:
Oh, I forgot, he has decided to go into hiding till rapture.
Another quality that makes Him Alpha-not under your beck and call. Just like the sun that rise and set when she so decides. Lol!

kingxsamz:
I challenge you to answer Op's question
Even the president/founder of Christianity, in fact the one who is the sole essence that is the major, unique and spectacular figure which the Bible talks about(of which, I'm talking about the Lord Jesus Christ) didn't say His followers need a book to know Him or follow Him. Just believe Him, and Holla the Holy Spirit begins to lead you in all truth. In addition, He comforts.

The Bible is a reference point for us to check if we are in line with the Lord Jesus Christ as at from the beginning.

Many old friends and illiterates in the villages who belong to the Christian community do not read the Bible but yet they still demonstrate and live like Christ Jesus.

Thanks.

God bless.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by CaveAdullam: 7:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

If the bible is based on facts, then can its details be proven, logically? Scientifically? Physically?
If no, then it's all horseshit...
Only you asked a question and hurriedly gave an answer. Clap for yourself!!!

How then will you be receptive to the truth even when you are told?

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by kingxsamz(m): 7:09pm On Mar 14, 2020
CaveAdullam:
Only you asked a question and hurriedly gave an answer. Clap for yourself!!!

How then will you be receptive to the truth even when you are told?

No no no, I'm ready to learn.
So ignore what I said earlier and answer the question.

Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by CaveAdullam: 7:12pm On Mar 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

Are you having problem with all or some of the facts?

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by kingxsamz(m): 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2020
CaveAdullam:
Are you having problem with all or some of the facts?

This is what I don't like.
It's better you admit that you don't know something rather than going in circles.

I asked you a simple question and you're asking me something else.
Please answer my question or walk out of the thread.
Thank you.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by CaveAdullam: 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

This is what I don't like.
It's better you admit that you don't know something rather than going in circles.

I asked you a simple question and you're asking me something else.
Please answer my question or walk out of the thread.
Thank you.
kikikikikikikiki. I am not surprise.

You are not ready!!!

Winks!
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2020
LordReed:
A relationship implies intimacy which means you would get to know things on a much deeper level. If you are in a relationship with a person would you prefer to read their diary or talk to them directly? Would you continue to hold on to their old diary or be updated with their current thoughts?

What is the bible necessary for in an intimate relationship between you and God, your god?

kingxsamz:
Okay let's do it this way.
Answer his question first based on your own understanding.
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
"
- 2 Timothy 3:16

"104I gain understanding from Your precepts; therefore I hate every false way.
105Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
"
- Psalm 119:105

"And the words of the LORD are flawless,
like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times.
"
- Psalm 12:6

The words of God, the Bible is a timeless Believers Instruction Book for Living on Earth. The Bible, is a manual of Believers Informative Book Live on Earth and so necessary for forging a close bond with and/or intimate relationship between believers and God.

kingxsamz:

Affirmative. Having said that, sometimes details in the Bible defy logic, science and the physical though, lol
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by kingxsamz(m): 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2020
CaveAdullam:
kikikikikikikiki. I am not surprise.

You are not ready!!!

Winks!

It's not bad to admit that you're unsure of or have limited knowledge of something you so much believe in.
What is bad is you following such belief blindly.

Your presence on this thread is irrelevant as you have refused to answer questions being thrown at you, due to your lack of knowledge on the topic.

Please step aside for the knowledgeable ones to do the answering. cheesy
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by CaveAdullam: 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

It's not bad to admit that you're unsure of or have limited knowledge of something you so much believe in.
What is bad is you following such belief blindly.
My number one problem with you is that you like jumping into conclusion. I don't know why you have that confidence that you are thinking my thought or you know what's in my mind.

Followed what blindly? If belief in a God is a state of blindness I want to remain blind forever, in fact I will freely donate my eyes.

kingxsamz:
Your presence on this thread is irrelevant as you have refused to answer questions being thrown at you, due to your lack of knowledge on the topic.
Which question did I not answer?

Is it not you that refuse to tell me the facts that's giving you problem in the Bible?

kingxsamz:
Please step aside for the knowledgeable ones to do the answering. cheesy
I did that long ago but your appetite to mention me never gets satisfied.

Abeg go Jare.

Taaanchu.

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by LordReed(m): 8:49pm On Mar 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
"
- 2 Timothy 3:16

"104I gain understanding from Your precepts; therefore I hate every false way.
105Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
"
- Psalm 119:105

"And the words of the LORD are flawless,
like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times.
"
- Psalm 12:6

The words of God, the Bible is a timeless Believers Instruction Book for Living on Earth. The Bible, is a manual of Believers Informative Book Live on Earth and so necessary for forging a close bond with and/or intimate relationship between believers and God.

Affirmative. Having said that, sometimes details in the Bible defy logic, science and the physical though, lol

In all of your personal relationships in which of them do you pay more attention to a manual than to the people themselves?
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2020
LordReed:
In all of your personal relationships in which of them do you pay more attention to a manual than to the people themselves?
I pay more attention to both the manual and to people themselves.

The manual and the people being inseparable, is an observable truth that you've accidentally noticed, lol and/or intentionally touched on. As a matter of fact, and fyi, all of our personal relationships revolve round and/or are meant to be, vertical and horizontal relationships. This is symbolised by the shape of the cross - Love and Compassion
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by elated177: 9:33pm On Mar 14, 2020
LordReed:

Not until you show how it is relevant.

Then you are not ready.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:35pm On Mar 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I pay more attention to both the manual and to people themselves.

The manual and the people being inseparable, is an observable truth that you've accidentally noticed, lol and/or intentionally touched on. As a matter of fact, and fyi, all of our personal relationships revolve round and/or are meant to be, vertical and horizontal relationships. This is symbolised by the shape of the cross - Love and Compassion

So tell me which one take priority the manual or the person? If you needed a question answered, will you consult the manual or the person when both are right before you?
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by LordReed(m): 9:36pm On Mar 14, 2020
elated177:

Then you are not ready.

It's you who is not ready.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 10:08pm On Mar 14, 2020
LordReed:
So tell me which one take priority the manual or the person?
Ah, the good ol' classic, the chicken or the egg causality dilemma hey, lol.

LordReed:
If you needed a question answered, will you consult the manual or the person when both are right before you?
Depends on so many factors, my mood, my swing, my and/or the etcetera. This isnt an open-and-shut scenario because I'll know what I will do only when I get to the bridge to cross. I have in this past being known to consult the manual first, and equally also being known to consult person first, when both manual and person is right there before me. Lets put it this way, there are no hard and fast rules with me, concerning things like this, lol. I am guided and abide by a law of liberty, a law of freedom made available and operative through the power of Spirit of God that's within us, lol.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by LordReed(m): 10:16pm On Mar 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Ah, the good ol' classic, the chicken or the egg causality dilemma hey, lol.

Depends on so many factors, my mood, my swing, my and/or the etcetera. This isnt an open-and-shut scenario because I'll know what I will do only when I get to the bridge to cross. I have in this past being known to consult the manual first, and equally also being known to consult person first, when both manual and person is right there before me. Lets put it this way, there are no hard and fast rules with me, concerning things like this, lol. I am guided and abide by a law of liberty, a law of freedom made available and operative through the power of Spirit of God that's within us, lol.

Paint for me a scenario where instead of asking your wife a personal question you reach instead for a manual.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2020
LordReed:
Paint for me a scenario where instead of asking your wife a personal question you reach instead for a manual.
I reached for the Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of how to get to know my wife. I reached for the Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of what is expected of me as role(s) to play being head of the family. I reached for the Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of why am I here resident on earth. I reached to Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of why and how did Peter, aside Jesus, God Himself, walk on water. I reached to the Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of why did the donkey speak and the feat not repeated again. I reached to for Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of etcetera etcetera. Take a pick, spoil yourself for choice, dont break a leg though, lol.

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by LordReed(m): 10:53pm On Mar 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I reached for the Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of how to get to know my wife. I reached for the Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of what is expected of me as role(s) to play being head of the family. I reached for the Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of why am I here resident on earth. I reached to Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of why and how did Peter, aside Jesus, God Himself, walk on water. I reached to the Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of why did the donkey speak and the feat not repeated again. I reached to Manual instead of asking my wife the personal question of etcetera etcetera. Take a pick, spoil yourself for choice, dont break a leg though, lol.

Its ok if you want to do deliberate misunderstanding of "personal question", you obviously have no answer to the question.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 11:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
LordReed:
Its ok if you want to do deliberate misunderstanding of "personal question", you obviously have no answer to the question.
It's OK if you dont want to be explicit with whatever "personal question" means, you anyway, obviously have no real substance question to ask.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by LordReed(m): 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
It's OK if you dont want to be explicit with whatever "personal question" means, you anyway, obviously have no real substance question to ask.

And you think pretending can donkey talk is a personal question solves your deficient understanding of the phrase? Why didn't you ask for clarification before clowning out?

Personal questions to help your deficiency, is of the class having to do with matters exclusively connected to the person. Did you brush your teeth, have you eaten, when was your last period, who is your best friend, etc.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2020
LordReed:
And you think pretending can donkey talk is a personal question solves your deficient understanding of the phrase?
"... you think pretending can donkey talk ..." doesnt make sense. Hmm.

LordReed:
Why didn't you ask for clarification before clowning out?
We are getting overtly personal here now are we, hmm? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

LordReed:
Personal questions to help your deficiency, is of the class having to do with matters exclusively connected to the person. Did you brush your teeth, have you eaten, when was your last period, who is your best friend, etc.
Except if you need visiting SpecSavers, you should have seen and read that my first two were of the class having to do with matters exclusively connected to the person, (i.e. my wife) smh.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by LordReed(m): 11:34pm On Mar 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"... you think pretending can donkey talk ..." doesnt make sense. Hmm.

We are getting overtly personal here now are we, hmm? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Except if you need visiting SpecSavers, you should have seen and read that my first two were of the class having to do with matters exclusively connected to the person, (i.e. my wife) smh.

How are those personal questions? How they exclusive to her person?
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by elated177: 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2020
LordReed:

It's you who is not ready.

The amount of time you spend attacking the Scriptures and promoting atheism makes me wonder whether you are paid for it.

You jump from thread to thread, opposing anything that sounds religious.

The question you asked is actually one of the simplest questions you have ever asked on this forum.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by LordReed(m): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
elated177:

The amount of time you spend attacking the Scriptures and promoting atheism makes me wonder whether you are paid for it.

You jump from thread to thread, opposing anything that sounds religious.

The question you asked is actually one of the simplest questions you have ever asked on this forum.

Really? How many threads have I commented on today, do you know? How about in the past month? Can you count them and compare them to how many threads are opened everyday? Do you think I even comment on up to 10% of the threads in this section?

Then answer the question instead of launching into irrelevant asides.
Re: If You Have A Personal Relationship With Your God Why Do You Need The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
LordReed:
How are those personal questions? How they exclusive to her person?
Of course, you dont expect me having that level of personal questions exclusive to my wife with your missus, do you or do you now, hmm?

Fyi, I am knowing my missus everyday, discovering my missus everyday. The Manual helps in this quite a lot and so does my missus, directly and/or indirectly, too. The Manual and my missus are, for me, positively didactic. I appreciate and value them both, lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Are Still Under The Law/Old Covenant, You Have ZERO Hope In Christ / "Trust The Science"- The Most Anti-science Statement Ever / The Christian And His Zodiac Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.