Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God (5073 Views)

Video Of A Curvy Lady Dancing In Church During Praise & Worship Goes Viral / The Mistake Of Israel/israelites Versus The Mistake Of The Church/christians / Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Metrix147: 12:03pm On Mar 17
The General Overseer United Church of Christ (UCC) Fountain of Peace, Bishop Prof. Ezenna Amobi Egbo has urged Christians across the country to go beyond dancing and clapping in the church and develop a personal relationship with God.

The clergy who gave this advice in an interaction with ABN TV in Enugu on Friday said closeness with God has remained a challenge in the Christian fold, appealing that frantic efforts should be made for a personal communion with God.

While underlining that it is not easy these days because of economic hardship, he also cited societal events as some of the factors that draw Christians away from God.

Bishop Egbo however expressed hope that the grace of God remains sufficient, noting that God is able to adequately take care of every challenge.

He also expressed gratitude to God for blessing the Director of ABN TV, Mr. Ifeanyi Okali with a child after 11 years of marriage.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/beyond-dancing-in-church-christians-must-develop-personal-relationship-with-god-bishop-egbo/

6 Likes

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by sirsholley(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17
Agreed

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Salt06(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17
wink
Well said.
... This is because such persons -without a personal relationship/ convictions/ encounter with God- are usually the first casualty of the strange winds of doctrines blowing here and there in these times we are in...

Ephesians 4:14- 15 (KJV) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

4 Likes

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by gloryman91: 12:52pm On Mar 17
Just the fact.

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Shedrack777: 12:53pm On Mar 17
make i drop comment

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by johnog4sure: 12:54pm On Mar 17
Na WA oh, the brainwashing has become so severe that the brainwasher is now pitying the brainwashed.

I will challenge all christians to prove to me when Christ starts any religion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Easybet1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 17
MTN is back with full force

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by bigdammyj: 12:56pm On Mar 17
Noted.
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Goodlady(f): 12:57pm On Mar 17
Absolutely right.
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by sirsholley(m): 12:57pm On Mar 17
sirsholley:
Agreed
ftc
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Goodlady(f): 12:57pm On Mar 17
I'll come here to give more insight
AntiChristian:

Which sight you get?
Now listen: Christianity is more than going to places of worship & doing regular service, prayers etc.
It's about living like Jesus Christ (Yeshua, Issa).
It's about saying the truth and following it, shunning worldliness, haphazard behaviours, having the audacity to face evil & conquer it, knowing deeply the words of God and following it. Standing for truth always.

Now to you this mofo called AntiChristian, it's good you are a Christian so that infidels with borrowed brain from Arabia won't hide under religion of piss and be marrying under age girls like dia prophet!

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Irupetepete: 12:57pm On Mar 17
johnog4sure:
Na WA oh, the brainwashing has become so severe that the brainwasher is now pitying the brainwashed
this thing wey u write, he make sense for your eyes?
This is the 21st century, eyes Don open and you can deduce that from preachings nowadays... You can only be brainwashed if you allow yourself most people go to church nowadays to get connected to God not because of the preacher or anybody. I come to your church, you preach about tipatipa giving. I can voluntarily give if I see a genuine course, you force me, I fit deck you into coma

1 Like

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by johnog4sure: 12:59pm On Mar 17
Irupetepete:
this thing wey u write, he make sense for your eyes?
religious people always resort to insults or blackmailing, put forward your points constructively

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Tradepunter2: 12:59pm On Mar 17
FACT
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by AntiChristian: 1:00pm On Mar 17
What do you do in church than having fun in the name of God?

Dance!
Sing!
Clap!
Top choice musicals!
Slay for jesus!
Daddy GO talks!
Prosperity talks!
Miracles!

Eyes never open o!
Some still dey inform pastor of every damn thing they wanna do at home!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Tradepunter2: 1:00pm On Mar 17
Easybet1:
MTN is back with full force

You can't still top up with bank app or USSD na...... It's still nonsense
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by BarrElChapo(m): 1:01pm On Mar 17
UCC is this a political party or it's affiliates 🤔🤔
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Irupetepete: 1:02pm On Mar 17
johnog4sure:
religious people always resort to insults or blackmailing, put forward your points constructively
u for wait make I finish my sentence naw, why the hurry
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Irupetepete: 1:04pm On Mar 17
johnog4sure:
where is the insult and the blackmail?
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by AntiChristian: 1:05pm On Mar 17
Goodlady:
I'll come here to give more insight

Which sight you get?
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by UnknownQueen(f): 1:05pm On Mar 17
Ok
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by superintendents(m): 1:06pm On Mar 17
Tradepunter2:

You can't still top up with bank app or USSD na...... It's still nonsense
if you can wake up at night it works..

I do transfer from my bank (fb) to opay and it works using USSD code *894#.
Around 4:30am..when am about to start eating.
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Houseofglam7(f): 1:09pm On Mar 17
👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by GanagiBitrus: 1:11pm On Mar 17
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Postinor: 1:11pm On Mar 17
Christains are jokers, going to church to dance and wear skimpy clothes and saying they are worshipping God, such an embarrassment of a religion

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by WorkTheTalk(m): 1:12pm On Mar 17
Personal relationship with God is Knowing God for yourself. People would pray for you, but you understand your situation better. Pray for yourself, have faith for yourself, go to God for yourself, have intimate relationships with God.
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Straybullet: 1:12pm On Mar 17
Denominations are not the church...pleaseeeeee
Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by jnrbayano(m): 1:12pm On Mar 17
A tall order for most Nigerian Christians

1 Like

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by omoredia: 1:18pm On Mar 17
Dem no dey tell person. When ADEBOYE deceive una well enter grave una go wise

1 Like

Re: Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God by Mathain19(m): 1:21pm On Mar 17
Salvation is personal, but you must buy bible. God knows everyone heart with its struggle..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex: An Enigmatic Subject? / Oyedepo's Covenant Day Of Vengeance? / Prophecies For Nigeria 2013 Unveiled By Prophet Olaye George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.