Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) (95143 Views)

Abule-Ado Explosion: Lagos State Government Presents Cheques To Survivors / Sanwo-olu Visits Scene Of Abule Ado Explosions, Orders Investigation / Aerial View Of The Abule Ado Explosion In Lagos (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by mvem(m): 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
Tomoyayi:

Oga calm down na, no be fight
haba...I have said what you wish to hear...no be so
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Mutemenot(m): 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
Pipe line ke, the truth is not yet said. We are waiting for a formal announcement from the state government.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by JAWBONE(m): 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
I live in this area and words cannot express what happened today. There are reports that this could possibly be a bomb explosion. Eyewitness are saying bombs were planted close to petrol pipelines.

The impact of the explosion caused the ceiling of my house to come down. Every building within the area as you can see in this picture came down. It's even close to Gani Adams former house.

This is not the first time pipeline will explode in Abule-Ado. It happened many years ago and I saw it with my own eyes but this one was very different. The way storey buildings came down, the number of deaths, this is not an ordinary pipeline explosion

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Xbee007(m): 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
emeijeh:
If any guy had borrowed an expensive car from his friend to show off this morning, and the car was parked around the vicinity where the explosion took place, SORRY IS HIS NAME
You need oil for this your dry insensitive joke.

6 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by kingthreat(m): 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
wickedtuna:
These pictures look like the aftermath of a bomb blast. God save us all.

As in images of ruins from Syria

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by jaxxy(m): 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
This is very strange and needs to be properly investigated. It looks like a war zone.

From the black smoke it’s a pipline explosion bt what caused the explosion is the big question.

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Chirowman(m): 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
this scenario just looks like bomb blast as if there was a war, God help your children oooo

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
Venerable612:

Can’t you see the absurdity in your post.

God will show his greatness through destruction of lives and properties of his Children?

You God must be a god of destruction.
you people will never read the Bible. The children of isrealites God punished, are they not his children?
I said what if?
It's just an assumption naw haba
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Toosure70: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
Wrong country.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by spokesboy: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
So devastating.
The Anti-bomb squad of the Nigerian Police should conduct proper investigation. I'm sure the oil vandals must have used a high capacity explosive with the intention of damaging the pipelines to carry out their bunkering but this went out of hand.

6 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by sotall(m): 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
southniyikaye:
oga o, left to me, in my own myopic understanding, I will say God is showing himself mightyly and telling us all that he is still God.
Look at what is happening all over the world, scientist and atheist can't even understand what is going on, the whole world is being humbled at the moment.
GOD IS GREAT SINCERELY

Pls u people should stop quoting me o pls, everybody is entitled to his or her opinion pls
I said according to my own understanding,
Anybody is free to reason whichever way he or she likes o

People like you are the reason Nigeria is backward.

Always calling God in things caused by human carelessness or ignorance.
God doesn't care about such things.

5 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by johnnobles: 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
emeijeh:
If any guy had borrowed an expensive car from his friend to show off this morning, and the car was parked around the vicinity where the explosion took place, SORRY IS HIS NAME
We are talking of lives, this one is talking of a borrowed car that can be replaced. ... Hiss**

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Tomoyayi(m): 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
mvem:
haba...I have said what you wish to hear...no be so

I said only a bomb, I didn't say it is a bomb.

No update from the Authorities since morning. Something isn't right
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by GamalNasser: 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
Simplyleo:

Because it is right inside a residential area with high population density.

So, its impact on lives and property is very high and devastating.

Always defending nonsense , I will not be suprised If your fellow Jihadist have a hand in this , the fact you show up to spin your dirty spins here shows there is something sinister going on here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Ishilove: 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
Simplyleo:

Because it is right inside a residential area with high population density.

So, its impact on lives and property is very high and devastating.
This doesn't still answer why it was felt all the way in Ogun state

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 7:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
emeijeh:

Insurance?
>
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by mvem(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2020
Tomoyayi:

I said only a bomb, I didn't say it is a bomb
only a bomb meaning it is a bomb...
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Mpanyi: 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2020
southniyikaye:
when the children was worshipping idols made by Aaron what happened to them bro?
Does Sodom and Gomorrah rings a bell?
Noah's ark saga nko?
All these people were they not created by God?
And lest I forget bro, I said in my own myopic reasoning

He didn't do anything to show his might in all these.
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Tomoyayi(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2020
mvem:
only a bomb meaning it is a bomb...

Abeg carry your wahala dey go
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
voltront:

For scenarios you mentioned above, that's why you have safety switches and relieve valves on pipelines
Yes that is why we do, at the receiving end there should be an expected pressure, if such pressure is not being received and drops below a certain value for a certain period, it should notify the pumping end, I think it is called pinging, alternative we have line watchers who should periodically check pressure and volume levels and communicate with each other, honestly if this was really a pipeline explosion only , some people need to be picked up for manslaughter.
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
Unfortunate:
Lagos is congested.
They should free Lagos.
Lagos will diminish come few years.
Lagos is not developing anymore

Mainland perhaps...
The Island-Lekki axis is BOOMING (no pun).
>
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by lomprico(m): 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
valarmorghulis:

Sir this isn't the first time pipeline will explode in that area, how come this one is diff
because of boko haram
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by ma373733(m): 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
This might just be an air strike
Who knows maybe one careless pilot might have flown across that side and mistakingly dropped a bomb. Sad o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by poseidonsaiz(m): 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
You need to see the way we all ran at first where we were chilling in Coker, thinking what we heard was a mortar. Till I started getting calls about the pipeline explosions. So so sad. May their souls rest in peace, Amen.

For your 2D/3D interior decor, do contact us via our signature

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Shakaranews2020: 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2020
May God help them.

Meanwhile, We bring to you video of your favorite celebrities weirdest fashion style at the just concluded AMVCA Awards 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC1lullHcKU
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by 9jaRealist: 7:28pm On Mar 15, 2020
atobs4real:

One administrator died in that school. Just confirmed it.

RIP sad
>
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by ignis: 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
LordAzubuike:
What if it was an impact from a meteorite.. the fact that it's not common in this part of the world doesn't mean it can't happen

Please stop sounding like an illiterate.
What do you know about meteorites ?
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
valarmorghulis:

Mi a3, those are not even the original pic, had to reduce the quality because nairaland kept saying they are too large

My Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus takes good pictures but I must admit yours look far better cool

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by jonadaft: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2020
Ladylite:
Maaaaad ohhhhh

Pls hope lives were not lost.

This 2020 has been somehow. God keep us o
This is a very stupîd question...
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Glycosunde: 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2020
Ladylite:
Maaaaad ohhhhh

Pls hope lives were not lost.

This 2020 has been somehow. God keep us o

15 lives lost and still counting while more than 50 people injured
Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by Olominira(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2020
Terrible

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
valarmorghulis:
This isn't the first pipeline explosion in Lagos, how come this one is diff, how come this is the only one we felt the impact all over Lagos state, even as far as ogun state

Rumours are going around what cause the pipeline explosion might have been a technical error.liquefied natural gas or lng was pumped into the pipeline with some petrol. What this means is the pressure in the pipeline skyrocketed 22 time the normal pressure which made the pipeline into a bomb. It is not the first time nnpc has made this mistake before some of the important petrol into the country anything is added to it including liquefied natural gas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo Declare Assets / Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina / Asiwaju Is Coming- Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.