|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,756,085 members, 6,548,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 21 October 2021 at 04:21 AM
|How To Know That Your Fiance Or Boyfriend Will Succeed In Life by jezuzboi(m): 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2020|
In today’s world, success is not optional. Everyone with a working mind wants to succeed. That is why we have different people doing different things to achieve success. Some think that going to school and graduating with good grades is the key to securing a good job and becoming financially stable (successful). Others learn different trades, maximize their gifts and talents, delve into one business or the other, and some even get their hands dirty to achieve success.
Since success is more like the only way to go, not so many people want to have any strings attached to failures. Actually, nothing is attractive about a failure. So it is understandable if everyone wants to identify with successful people only. But in a bid to not be “unequally yoked together with failures,” many have skipped noticing potentially successful people because the appearance of such people bear no resemblance to who they can potentially become.
If you have noticed, a common factor in the success stories of successful people usually holds that “no one believed in them in their down and lowly times.” But there have also been the accounts of those who mentioned how certain people or a particular person spotted the potential in them and invested in them until they amounted to the successful persons they eventually became. But such accounts are rare, as it is usually the other way round 90% of the time.
This scenario is quite rampant in the world of romance. Not many women are interested in men who aren’t successful, and not many women can readily spot a potentially successful man. This is why we have a lot of broke guys finding it hard to get a girl for themselves and a lot of successful guys with different ladies at their beck and call. But it’s high time ladies understood that no guy was born successful. They all were once broke and only worked out their success.
There is an exception to those who were born with a silver spoon though. Certainly, not all ladies will be lucky to land themselves a successful guy, whether the one who inherited the success or the other who worked it out. But you know what? Ladies can always get down with potentially successful guys and be rest assured of a better tomorrow as was the case with Michel Obama. But then, doing this requires the ability to identify a successful man when he’s in range.
As you know, many men have taken advantage of this to jilt ladies who don’t deserve such treatment. That is why it is of the essence to learn how to identify truly potentially successful men before opening up to them, hence the purpose of this article. So, here are some ways to know whether your fiancé or boyfriend will succeed in life.
1. DOES HE HAVE A WRITTEN DOWN LIFE PLAN? Living without a vision is like traveling without a destination. It is usually said that “failing to plan is planning to fail.” Therefore, if he lacks a written down life plan, he’s a failure in the making. Let him be. But if his vision is made plain on paper, ride with him! He’ll prove to be your “ride or die.” In the long run, he will not only have a written down plan of his life alone. He will have yours too!
2. WHAT DOES HE DO WITH HIS TIME? What a man does with his time determines what he will get out of life. One of life’s general principle is that of “sowing and reaping” which holds that “a man reaps what he sows.” If you notice that the kinds of seeds he spends his time sowing are bound to yield an undesirable harvest, he’s a no-no. But if he invests his time wisely on good ventures, open up to him! You’re one of those good ventures he’s wisely investing his time in!
3. WHAT DOES HE DO WITH HIS MONEY? A man who cannot manage his money well cannot manage his own life, not to mention managing the life of another, much less that of a woman. If he’s got poor managerial skills when it comes to money, be rest assured that he lacks financial intelligence and can’t possibly have emotional intelligence. If not, success is just around the corner, and you can play a major role in facilitating the achievement of that success.
4. DOES HE TALK ABOUT BRIGHT FUTURE? AND, ARE HIS ACTIONS CONSISTENT WITH HIS WORDS? Even the bible says that “out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.” Therefore, what proceeds out of a man’s mouth is not to be taken for granted. If he’s not futuristic in his words and approach towards life, he’s a failure in the making.
5. DOES HE CARE ABOUT PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT? If he’s open to more learning and new things, perhaps has a library, then he’s out to achieve success. Like they say, “readers and leaders.” But can you guess what non-readers are?
6. WHAT IS HIS PERSONALITY LIKE? Ask yourself the following questions: is he a man of integrity in terms of doing what he says? Does he have self-respect? Is he self-controlled enough not to go about sleeping around with women? How is his attitude towards other people? Who are his close friends? How positive are those friends? And what influence do they have on him? These are questions to which feedback must be positive if he’s headed towards success.
7. DOES HE CARE ABOUT HIS HEALTH BY AVOIDING THINGS THAT WILL CAUSE HIM SICKNESS? Health is wealth. A man who plays down on health plays down on wealth. A man who doesn’t; is wealthy already.
8. HOW HARD WORKING, CONSISTENT, AND DILIGENT IS HE? Hard work, consistency, and diligence are key ingredients of success. Shortage of them is directly proportional to impending failure!
9. IS HE AWARE OF THE LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES BESTOWED UPON HIM AS THE HEAD? It takes a man with great leadership skills to pilot the affairs of a romantic union, and a man has to be aware of his leadership role in this regard. Sadly, not all men do. If he does, very good! If he doesn’t, well, very bad!
10. WHO IS HIS MENTOR IF HE HAS ONE? If he has a mentor, examine the life of his mentor to see if it is worth emulating. If he doesn’t have a mentor, why doesn’t he? Every successful man needs someone ahead to lead him through the corridors of success. A man without a mentor is like a sheep without a shepherd. So, does he have a mentor? And who is that mentor?
If your answers tilt more towards the negative, you mustn’t necessarily walk away if he’s good for keeps. His shortcomings could be an indication of the work to be done on him, and you gotta be ready. Of course, nobody was born perfect. We all became who we are by learning to grow. So, if he is willing to do what it takes to get on the success ladder, stick around and be a part of his success story. If he’s obviously not, kick him out through the window!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73