Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. (94392 Views)

Humility: Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed Kneels To Greet The President Of Nigeria, BAT / Oshiomhole Accident In Benin: The Damaged SUV Conveying Ex Governor / Obasanjo Kneels To Greet The Next Governor Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
lx3as:
I don't even get time for these ineffectual Bini revisionists. It's an insult to be comparing one of the most populous, most popular, most successful and greatest culture and religion people of Africa with an offshoot like Bini, a minority of minorities. Ibadan was a greater power than Bini in all ramifications, not to even mention Ìfẹ or Oyo.

Right now I'm watching documentary on Yoruba religions and cultures in the Americas and Carribbean. The white commentator just said, "Yoruba religion is the greatest import from Africa."

I know you don’t know the meaning of revisionist because if you do then you will know that it’s you Yorubas that are actually the revisionists..
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
davidnazee:

Evidence about Ijebu? Why will I bother myself
about a small village that has no history or was never a Kingdom to be reckoned with. Nothing fascinating about Ijebu.

You should talk about Oyo and leave irrelevant places like Ijebu or Ife.

You can praise Ijebu or Ife if that’s your hometown but don’t start comparing or equating them to mighty and renowned empires.

Ijebu an "irrelevant" "small village"?? shocked

Evidence keeps popping up (from you yourself) that I'm talking to an ignoramous.

Anyways to educate you briefly: The construction of defensive city walls (which the Yorubas call yàrà or odi was one of the most notable monument indicator of a great ancient civilization.

Yet, one of the most impressive ancient city walls constructed by any Yoruba subgroup in antiquity was the well-known Sungbo Eredo (of the Ijebu kingdom) whose construction has been set by archaeological datings to before the first millennium AD.

It consists of a combination of trenches and earthworks to provide a formidable defence during warfare. As I have noted before, Pereira documented on this defensive system of walls and trenches of the Ijebu kingdom.

Also, the CMS Missionary, David Hinderer who visited Ijebu-Ode in 1855 also documented on the Sungbo Eredo, describing its trenches as "wonderfully deep".

These are no feat attainable by a "village" or "irrelevant" town, especially prior to the first millennium AD. Get that little boy. cheesy

Also, to go back and forth with you on whether Ife was "irrelevant", a "village", etc. in acient times; or that it is indeed a "West African" super power (at its height from the 12th to the 15th century, with influence stretching eastward to the Niger River and westward to what is today southern Togo as well as parts of Ghana, Mali, and Mauritania) is all pointless.

I have almost overflogged how the earliest known written documentation of the West Africa region by Ibn Battuta has described the Ife sovereign as "one of the greatest" in all the region (with no mention at all of Benin, in case you're wondering grin).

I have also alluded to how the Ife country of the time was described in the same account as a country where no white-man can invade because they would have been killed before they will arrive.

I have at lenght cited experts submissions of how the kings of Benin kingdom pay homage to the Ooni of Ife, and how the Ooni of Ife was regarded in Benin kingdom as God Almighty in human flesh.

And regarding the Oyo Empire, yes Oyo is proudly ours. One of the mightiest Yoruba subgroup at some point in history in the West Africa region.

In fact, unlike your brother's (ghostwon) hyper-imagined anime/cartoon drawing of an Oba of Benin on a horse which hardy matches any reality, consider the following eyewitness documentation by the European visitor, Richard Lander after one of his visits to the Alaafin Majotu in the year 1826. Lander writes:

"The monarch was richly dressed in a scarlet damask robe, ornamented with coral beads, and short trousers of the same color with a light blue stripe, made of country cloth; his legs as far as the knees were stained red with hennah, and on his feet he wore sandals of red leather. A cap of blue damask, thickly studded with handsome coral beads, was on his head; and his neck, arms and legs were decorated with large silver rings."

Reference:
R. Lander, Records, vol. 1, pp.101-102.

But despite the greatness of these kingdoms, British agents visiting the Yoruba interior, in the year 1886, were told by the then Alaafin of Oyo that:

"The Ifes ... were the fathers of all"

Refer to: S. Adebanji Akintoye, A History of the Yoruba People, Amalion Publishing, 2010, p.2.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 6:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
davidnazee:

I know you don’t know the meaning of revisionist because if you do then you will know that it’s you Yorubas that are actually the revisionists..

Evidence for this claim?

In contrast, world-renowned historians have exposed your people's "Ekaladerhan is Oduduwa Theory" as a forgery emanating for the first in the 1970s.

Poining at others when you actually should be pointed at is not only ridiculous but also disgraceful.

Now we know the revisionists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by lx3as(m): 6:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
davidnazee:

I actually stopped engaging you guys after I discovered lots of shady submissions and beer parlour stories. Tell me how will a sensible historian posited that Olokun originated from Bini without IFA explanation or her/his history (do you even know why I used her/his?). You're even releasing a 2015's publication as Lugard's statement. Already I gave up on you. You don't even understand what's imperialism means. You're just spamming thread with lots of gibberish that high school student would never have done.

2 Likes

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2020
davidnazee:

Shut up boy. Ijebu came into the discussion when u or your brother mentioned it and I proved him wrong.

Except that you didn't prove anything or anyone wrong. grin

You had claimed that Benin conquered Ijebu, but your so-called evidence by an unnamed author cites Dapper who never travelled outside of the Netherlands, and who mentions a certain JAboE with no description whatsoever regarding what, who, or where this Jaboe relate to.

And even your unnamed author himself expresses his doubt that Jaboe is Ijebu even though no one ever establishes that it is.

So, you are yet to provide evidence for your personal equation of Jaboe with Ijebu. You're alone!

You can't simply provide the crappy excuse that your hands are too heavy to substantiate your own claim.

If u want to discuss Ijebu then u should be the one providing evidence that Ijebu was a mighty Kingdom, had vassal states, many wars and conquests.

Provide such evidence or Ijebu remains a small village, vassal to Benin Kingdom,

Lol! Little one listen up:

(1) I have a burden to provide evidence only for any claim I make.

(2) Your specific argument here is as silly as arguing that if your Australian friend won't talk talk with you about the greatness of ancient Australia (or any nation for that matter), then that is your evidence that Australia (or such town) "remains a small village vassal to Benin kingdom." Wow!

No, you are to prove your own claims. You are not right becaise no one talks to you about anything. Again, read up on onus probandi.

I have long suspected that Bini Nairalanders are ret.@rded. It's looking like I'm right.

[s]no history and nothing fascinating about it.[/s]

Evidence for this?? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 7:10pm On Mar 28, 2020
davidnazee:

And what is the existing history that people knows and who is trying to turn that history upside down?

Refer to the link here for my answer to your question. Stop pretending to be blind. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5738539/benin-governor-kneels-greet-king/11#87682523

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 7:45pm On Mar 28, 2020
TAO11:

Ijebu an "irrelevant" "small village"?? shocked

Evidence keeps popping up (from you yourself) that I'm talking to an ignoramous.

Anyways to educate you briefly:

The construction of defensive city walls (which the Yorubas call yàrà or odi was one of the most notable monumental indicator of a great ancient civilization.

Yet, one of the most impressive ancient city walls constructed by any Yoruba subgroup in antiquity was the well-known Sungbo Eredo (of the Ijebu kingdom) whose construction has been set by archaeological datings to before the first millennium AD.

It consists of a combination of trench and earthworks to provide a formidable defence during warfare.

As I have noted before, Pereira documented on this defensive system of walls and trenches of the Ijebu kingdom.

Also, the CMS Missionary, David Hinderer who visited Ijebu-Ode in 1855 also documented on the Sungbo Eredo, describing its trenches as "wonderfully deep".

These are no feat attainable by a "village" or "irrelevant" town, especially prior to the first millennium AD. Get that little boy. cheesy

Also, to go back and forth with you on whether Ife was "irrelevant"/a "village" in acient times; or a "West African" super power (from the 12th to the 15th century with influence stretching eastward to the Niger River and westward to what is today southern Togo as well as parts of Ghana, Mali, and Mauritania) is pointless.

I have almost overflogged how the earliest known written documentation of the West Africa region by Ibn Battuta has described the Ife sovereign as one of the greatest in all the region (with no mention at all of Benin, in case youre wondering grin).

I have also alluded to how the Ife country of the time was described in the same account as a country where no white-man can invade because they would have been killed before they will arrive.

I have at lenght cited experts testimonies of how the kings of Benin kingdom pay homage to the Ooni of Ife, and how the Ooni of Ife was regarded in Benin kingdom as God Almighty in human flesh.

And regarding the Oyo Empire, yes Oyo is proudly ours. One of the mightiest Yoruba subgroup at some point in history in the West African region.

In fact, unlike your brother's (ghostwon) hyper-imagined anime/cartoon drawing of an Oba of Benin on a horse which hardy matches any reality, consider the eyewitness testimony description of an Alaafin of Oyo by the European visitor, Richard Lander after one of his visits to the Alaafin Majotu in the year 1826. Lander writes:

"The monarch was richly dressed in a scarlet damask robe, ornamented with coral beads, and short trousers of the same color with a light blue stripe, made of country cloth; his legs as far as the knees were stained red with hennah, and on his feet he wore sandals of red leather. A cap of blue damask, thickly studded with handsome coral beads, was on his head; and his neck, arms and legs were decorated with large silver rings."

Reference: R. Lander, Records, vol. 1, pp.101-102.

But despite the greatness of these kingdoms, British agents visiting the Yoruba interior, in the year 1886, were told by the then Alaafin of Oyo that:

"The Ifes ... were the fathers of all"

Refer to: S. Adebanji Akintoye, A History of the Yoruba People, Amalion Publishing, 2010, p.2.

All these long essays (I don’t waste my time reading it) only shows how desperate you are to convince and deceive yourself that Ife/Ijebu were once great Kingdoms..
However history has already judged them to be little hamlets, nothing significant or interesting about them.
History on the other hand has placed Benin over them..
So u can cry as much as u like but u Yoruba revisionists can’t change history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 8:09pm On Mar 28, 2020
davidnazee:

All these long essays (I don’t waste my time reading it) only shows how desperate you are to convince and deceive yourself that Ife/Ijebu were once great Kingdoms..
However history has already judged them to be little hamlets, nothing significant or interesting about them.
History on the other hand has placed Benin over them..
So u can cry as much as u like but u Yoruba revisionists can’t change history.

All the long essays is intended to expose the reason why you're absolutely ignorant of history.

And the answer has just been admitted by you to be because of your laziness and inability to read written texts. grin

Also, don't you realize how m0r0nic it makes you appear when you reply to something you didn't read? cheesy

Moreover, everything is not about you particularly.

Rather, it's more about other unsuspecting but intelligent readers who have the will to read and who will sometimes stumble across this thread.

They will easily notice how every claim I make is always buttressed with historical documentation --- e.g. the greatness of Ife, Oyo, Ijebu, et al.

While they will contrast that clearly with your laughable kitchen-table imagination that the Ife, Ijebu kingdoms et al. were small villages which "history places Benin over", without any evidence whatsoever.

So, far you have not, you can not, and you will not be able to substantiate this imagination of yours with any historical substantiation.

And the reason is simple and straightforward: such historical substantiation does not exist in the real-world, except in your mind.

Otherwise, provide your evidence like I have been doing. grin

And regarding revisionism, refer to the link below to see how you Binis have been exposed by historians:

https://www.nairaland.com/5738539/benin-governor-kneels-greet-king/11#87682523

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2020
TAO11:

All the long essays is intended to expose the reason why you're absolutely ignorant of history.

And the answer has just been admitted by you to be because of your laziness and inability to read written texts. grin

Also, don't you realize how m0r0nic it makes you appear when you reply to something you didn't read? cheesy

Moreover, everything is not about you particularly.

Rather, it's more about other unsuspecting but intelligent readers who have the will to read and who will sometimes stumble across this thread.

They will easily notice how every claim I make is always buttressed with historical documentation --- e.g. the greatness of Ife, Oyo, Ijebu, et al.

While they will contrast that clearly with your personal kitchen table imagination that Ife, Ijebu kingdoms et al. were small villages, without any evidence.

So, far you have not, you can not, and you will not been able to substantiate this imagination of yours with any historical substantiation.

And the reason is simple and straightforward: such historical substantiation does not exist in the real-world, except in your mind.

Otherwise, provide your evidence like I have been doing. grin

Bla bla bla..
why don’t you ask the intelligent readers between Benin Kingdom and Ijebu or Ife which was greater..
Or you can start a thread about it and see how shocked and disappointed you will be.

Nobody knows or cares about small Ijebu. It’s irrelevant, was never a Kingdom of any importance or significance..
Ife was only regarded as a spiritual place just like Vatican.. it wasn’t a Kingdom, no army, just another small village like Ijebu (Jaboe)..
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 9:01pm On Mar 28, 2020
davidnazee:

(1) Bla bla bla..
why don’t you ask the intelligent readers between Benin Kingdom and Ijebu or Ife which was greater..

(2) Or you can start a thread about it and see how shocked and disappointed you will be.

(3) Nobody knows or cares about small Ijebu. It’s irrelevant, was never a Kingdom of any importance or significance..

(4) Ife was only regarded as a spiritual place just like Vatican.. it wasn’t a Kingdom, no army, just another small village like Ijebu (Jaboe)..

(1) I called them intelligent readers (not necessarily writers) for a quite obvious reason.

And this reason is that they have the will and intelligence to read texts and tell the difference between who is providing historical evidence and who is busy imagining pseudohistory. grin

(2) Again my intended-thread is not about how many comment or argument back and forth. No! if that's what you live for, then that's you. I'm different.

What I intend, however, is but a thread that our people can make reference to for academic references when engaging ignoramous like you.

(3) Regarding who cares about Ijebu:

Obviously not a nobody like you.

Instead, experts, scholars and world-renowned organizations do.

Scholar and archaeologists like Patrick Darling; like the Portuguese traveller, Periera whom I have cited earlier; like the CMS Missionary, David Hinderer; like the archaeologist, Professor Peter Lloyd; and like UNESCO -- to name but a few -- care so much about the great Ijebu kingdom. grin

(4) Ife is not only a spiritual place like the Vatican. It is that and much more. It is a theocratic-monarchy.

It is "one of the greatest" kingdoms in all the west africa region from c.12th century to the 15th century which no one (not even the whites) can invade as documented by Ibn Battuta.

No wonder the kings of Benin kingdom paid homage to Ife and imported heavily from Ife.

Paula Ben Amos noted that the Edo would be sighting the use of a horse for the first time when Oranmiyan rode one in.

And lastly, I am still waiting for your evidence of where, who, or what JAbOe refers to.

Certainly no evidence exists as to what it definitively means so far. Provide your evidence if you have one. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 9:21pm On Mar 28, 2020
TAO11:

(1) They are intelligent readers not writers for obvious reason.

And this reason is that they have the will and intelligence to read texts and tell the difference between who is providinv historical evidence and who is imagining pseudohistory. grin

(2) Again my intended-thread is not about how many comment or argument back and forth. No! if that's what you live for, then that's you. I'm different.

What I intend, however, is but a thread that our people can make reference to for academic references when engaging ignoramous like you.

(3) Regarding who cares about Ijebu:

Obviously not a nobody like you.

Instead, experts, scholars and world-renowned organizations do.

Scholar and archaeologists like Patrick Darling; like the Portuguese traveller, Periera whom I have cited earlier; the CMS Missionary, David Hinderer; the archaeologis, Professor Peter Lloyd; and UNESCO -- to name but a few -- care so much about the great Ijebu kingdom. grin

(4) Ife is not only a spiritual place like the Vatican. It is that and much more. It is a theocratic-monarchy.

It is "one of the greatest" kingdoms in all the west africa region from c.12th century to the 15th century which no one (not even the whites) can invade as documented by Ibn Battuta.

No wonder the kings of Benin kingdom paid homage to Ife and imported heavily from Ife.

Paula Ben Amos noted that the Edo would be sighting the use of a horse for the first time when Oranmiyan rode one in.

And lastly, I am still waiting for your evidence of where, who, or what JAbOe refers to.

Certainly no evidence exists as to what it definitively means so far. Provide your evidence if you have one. grin

Ijebu remains in history a small, insignificant hamlet.. it’s only in your small fish brain it was a great Kingdom to be equated amongst great West African Kingdoms.

Ife was a small Kingdom but cannot be compared to Great Benin or Oyo..

If you like deceive yourself, write long foolish essays it won’t change history.
Benin is great, Ife and Ijebu (Jaboe) was not..
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 9:32pm On Mar 28, 2020
davidnazee:

Ijebu remains in history a small, insignificant hamlet.. it’s only in your small fish brain it was a great Kingdom to be equated amongst great West African Kingdoms.

Ife was a small Kingdom but cannot be compared to Great Benin or Oyo..

If you like deceive yourself, write long foolish essays it won’t change history.
Benin is great, Ife and Ijebu (Jaboe) was not..

Provide us the historical evidence for your three boldened jokes/claims (including what Jaboe means), or sob secretly as always. grin

I am very excited to be exposing you to everyone who will ever read this thread.

Also, do not get carried away, Oyo is mine, not yours. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 9:56pm On Mar 28, 2020
TAO11:

Providence the historical evidence for your three boldened claims (including what Jaboe means), or sob secretly as always. grin

I am very excited to be exposing you to everyone who will ever read this thread.

Also, do not get carried away, Oyo is mine, not yours. grin

Mugu I never said Oyo is mine.. I only acknowledge it as the only significant Yoruba Kingdom worth mentioning..
Ijebu (Jaboe) is a hamlet.. Ife small Kingdom.. That’s a fact!!
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
davidnazee:

Mugu I never said Oyo is mine.. I only acknowledge it as the only significant Yoruba Kingdom worth mentioning.

Ijebu (Jaboe) is a hamlet.. Ife small Kingdom. That’s a fact!!

If that's how to "acknowledge ... only ...", then you have difficulties not only with reading (as you've admitted), but also with writing and communication more generally.

Having said that --- provide historical evidence for your two boldened jokes above (including your joke that Jaboe is Ijebu), or sob secretly as always. grin

Intelligent people won't simply accept your statements as fact just because you repeat them many times.Lol!
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 5:31am On Mar 29, 2020
TAO11:

If that's how to "acknowledge ... only ...", then you have difficulties not only with reading (as you've admitted), but also with writing and communication more generally.

Having said that --- provide historical evidence for your two boldened jokes above (including your joke that Jaboe is Ijebu), or sob secretly as always. grin

Intelligent people won't simply accept your statements as fact just because you repeat them many times.Lol!

The onus is on you to show that Ijebu (Jaboe) was a great Kingdom. History never told us Ijebu (jaboe) was a Kingdom nor was it great.. it was historically a hamlet of Yoruba people.
Also prove Ife was greater than Mighty Benin. History has shown us that Benin Kingdom was far greater than these two Yoruba villages.
So I’m waiting for another long foolish essay from you.

By the way, why do you keep liking and sharing your own post. Stop deceiving yourself boy.
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Aphrygian(m): 6:59am On Mar 29, 2020
davidnazee:

The onus is on you to show that Ijebu (Jaboe) was a great Kingdom. History never told us Ijebu (jaboe) was a Kingdom nor was it great.. it was historically a hamlet of Yoruba people.
Also prove Ife was greater than Mighty Benin. History has shown us that Benin Kingdom was far greater than these two Yoruba villages.

By the way, why do you keep liking and sharing your own post. Stop deceiving yourself boy.
oga I followed this topic from the first page and I can deduce that you are only talking rubbish. In research when you make a statement of fact you have to reference it with someone else's research,the other person churned out references for you to read and be cured of your ignorances and you are still here talking from that angle of ignorance repeating again and again your statements.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 7:35am On Mar 29, 2020
davidnazee:

I find it interesting that you used the term "onus" despite having no clue what it relates to, or how it is to be applied. Let's see! cheesy

(1) Did you claim that the Ijebu kingdom is one and the same thing as a certain unknown JAbOe? ... Yes!

(2) Did you claim that the Ijebu kingdom was no more than an irrelevant village historically? ... Yes!

(3) Did you claim that the Ife kingdom was no more than an irrelevant village historically? ... Yes!

So, you just committed the onus probandi fallacy (aka shifiting the burden of proof) for actively making claims, and yet somehow insisting that you don't have to prove them. Lol.

You clearly have no clue how this works as I have long suspected.

In sum, provide historical evidence to substantiate your three claims highlighted above, or sob secretly as always. grin

I share my comments because others admitted to me that they love to read them. grin

As regards liking your own comment, I'm not sure how you've been managing to do that on Nairaland. Can you explain how?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Aphrygian(m): 7:41am On Mar 29, 2020
TAO11:

I find it interesting that you used the term "onus" despite having no clue what it relates to, or how it is to be applied. Let's see! cheesy

(1) Did you claim that the Ijebu kingdom is one and the same thing as a certain unknown JAbOe? ... Yes!

(2) Did you claim that the Ijebu kingdom was no more than an irrelevant village historically? ... Yes!

(3) Did you claim that the Ife kingdom was no more than an irrelevant village historically? ... Yes!

So, you just committed the onus probandi fallacy (aka shifiting the burden of proof) for actively making claims, and yet somehow insisting that you don't have to prove them. Lol.

In other words, provide historical evidence to substantiate your three claims highlighted above, or sob secretly as always. grin
you are just wasting your time bro,the guy is just like most other Nigerians that does not deal with fact but emotions and oral account.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 7:54am On Mar 29, 2020
davidnazee:

Despite the enormous burden of proof on you for having actively and repeatedly made those claims highlighted in my foregoing comment, I was charitable enough to provide you with some education on the greatness of the Ife, the Ijebu, and the Oyo kingdoms; as well as on the ridiculousness of your equation of Ijebu with a certain unknown JAbOe.

I anticipated and prepared for your childish whining, your fallacy, and your cheap excuses by already engaging in such charity. Refer to the links here for a gentle reminder: cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/5738539/benin-governor-kneels-greet-king/13#87858646

https://www.nairaland.com/5738539/benin-governor-kneels-greet-king/12#87852347

In sum, I know I can hardly help a man who admits to lacking the will and intelligence to read and digest written texts. angry

Also, it makes you appear m0.ronic when you write replies "addressing" comments you admit you didn't read.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 8:03am On Mar 29, 2020
Aphrygian:
you are just wasting your time bro,the guy is just like most other Nigerians that does not deal with fact but emotions and oral account.

Lol. I kinda understand.

I'm only doing this for two main reasons:

(1) To protect the unsuspecting readers whom he and his ilks are out here to prey on.

(2) To use him for entertainment. grin

Although trolls like him get frustrated when they are ignored completely.

But another thing I've found very recently about trolls is that they hate it even more when they themselves are being trolled (especially with facts) while they're trying to troll others. grin

But in all, I really appreciate your comment about his general ignorance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 9:12am On Mar 29, 2020
davidnazee:

That your picture doesn’t say anything. It’s a group picture and Ooni was the host of that event hence he sat in the middle.

You are soo dumb to think sitting in middle in a group picture makes u the head.

Except that the Ooni was not the host. Gosh!

How did I even manage to miss this excessively ignorant and ridiculously false comment of yours?

Anyways, to educate you as always, this particular 1937 meeting was officially entitled by the British authorities as "Conference of Yoruba Chiefs" and it was held in Oyo -- hosted by the Alaafin.

Reference:
"Conference of Yoruba Chiefs, Oyo, 31 March to 1 April 1937", mimeographed.

Moreover, it is the 1938 meeting which held in Ife, thus hosted by the Ooni himself from 16 to 17 March 1938.

The fact that your Oba of Benin was an attendee at a so-called "Conference of Yoruba Chiefs" should make any right thinking Bini re-evaluate their irrational prejudices.

Nay! You alone have a combination of both the attributes of a pathological liar and of an ignoramous.

What a pity! cry

cc: Sewgon79

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
I think you're gradually becoming humble as I educate you along. grin

A comparison of two mutually contradictory comments of yours (made on different posts at different times) forces me to come to this conclusion.

Compare the two screenshots below. grin

cc: davidnazee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
Aphrygian:
oga I followed this topic from the first page and I can deduce that you are only talking rubbish. In research when you make a statement of fact you have to reference it with someone else's research,the other person churned out references for you to read and be cured of your ignorances and you are still here talking from that angle of ignorance repeating again and again your statements.

Bro you may be following the topic but do u understand what our argument is about?
Your brother (I assume u are Yoruba too) claims Ijebu was a greater Kingdom than Benin Kingdom.. His references doesn’t prove his claims.. If he is wise or intelligent he would have know a proper way to prove it or maybe there’s no way he can prove it because Ijebu (a small hamlet) was never a great Kingdom nor can it ever be compared to Benin. And do I need to prove my claim? NO!!

If u support your brother’s claim that Ijebu was greater than Benin then u are as dumb as he is. I’m guessing u are probably carried away by his long essays and writing style but it’s actually all nonsense.
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Sewgon79(m): 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
TAO11:

Except that the Ooni was not the host. Gosh!

How did I even manage to miss this excessively ignorant and ridiculously false comment of yours?

Anyways, to educate you as always, this particular 1937 meeting was officially entitled by the British authorities as "Conference of Yoruba Chiefs" and it was held in Oyo -- hosted by the Alaafin.

Reference:
"Conference of Yoruba Chiefs, Oyo, 31 March to 1 April 1937", mimeographed.

Moreover, it is the 1938 meeting which held in Ife, thus hosted by the Ooni himself from 16 to 17 March 1938.

The fact that your Oba of Benin was an attendee at a so-called "Conference of Yoruba Chiefs" should make any right thinking Bini re-evaluate their irrational prejudices.

Nay! You alone have a combination of both the attributes of a pathological liar and of an ignoramous.

What a pity! cry

cc: Sewgon79

cry

cc: TAO11

Thank you for more elaborate information as regards the conference. I am happy to have you on board. Seriously those Bini boys are IGNORAMUS.

They know the truth but decide to pursue lies.

Happy weekend my brother

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2020
TAO11:

In sum, provide historical evidence to substantiate your three claims highlighted above, or sob secretly as always. grin

I share my comments because others admitted to me that they love to read them. grin

As regards liking your own comment, I'm not sure how you've been managing to do that on Nairaland. Can you explain how?

I can’t stop laughing at your foolishness.. the only positive thing I can agree about u is that you take time to write long essays and have good writing style but those won’t help u pass an exam when the content is all rubbish.

If u really understand the meaning of onus then u will know u have more to prove not me especially as there’s no information anywhere in the world that supports your claim. You to prove these things:
Ijebu was a great Kingdom and Ijebu was greater than Benin.

Citing Ijebu walls or archeological work done in Ijebu as proof is the height of foolishness, stupidity and self deceit.

So please bring real evidence to support your claim not references that don’t hold water.
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Sewgon79(m): 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2020
davidnazee:

Bro you may be following the topic but do u understand what our argument is about?
Your brother (I assume u are Yoruba too) claims Ijebu was a greater Kingdom than Benin Kingdom.. His references doesn’t prove his claims.. If he is wise or intelligent he would have know a proper way to prove it or maybe there’s no way he can prove it because Ijebu (a small hamlet) was never a great Kingdom nor can it ever be compared to Benin. And do I need to prove my claim? NO!!

If u support your brother’s claim that Ijebu was greater than Benin then u are as dumb as he is. I’m guessing u are probably carried away by his long essays and writing style but it’s actually all nonsense.

Hello

Nobody said Ijebu is greater than Benin Kingdoms. We all know that Ijebu and Benin are equal, they even share border.

What I oppose to is your statement sometimes when you mentioned that Benin conquer Ijebu and I said no. You also mentioned that Benin Kingdom is only Kingdom that fought British, which I also falsely by explaining and giving you proves on how Ijebu fought British Colonial to the extent that the British have to go as far Ghana, Sierra Leone, Northern part of Nigeria to recruit more soldiers to fight just IJEBU LAND (Imagbon War).

The reason why I déposé most of your claim and writes up is that your egocentric written manner, trying to convince the ignorant reader of superiority of Benin over Ìfẹ́, which is not and can never be.

Benin will ever remain a son to Ife which is in history, archives and your 2 generation of monarch said it, the King before this and this also mentioned it when he came to OONI OF IFE Palace. He also shows respect by addressing OONIRISA as IMPERIAL MAJESTY.

Moreso, your in ability to differentiate between EMPIRE AND KINGDOM. His Royal Majesty rules Kingdom which Benin is. But His Imperial Majesty rules an Empire like Yoruba overall which makes Oonirisa one.

Empire extend outside their geographic location like Yoruba in Benin Republic, Cuba, Brazil, Trinidad and Tobago, Togo, Ivory Coast and Ghana. In which they are all citizens of their respective countries but pledge their loyalty to Imperial Majesty, the Overall Spiritual Leader and King of their Ancestorial roots which is OONI OF IFE.

Maybe you need to travel to all this country, I believe that might convince you.

So I have not see any concrete evidence provided by you, but me and others colleagues have given you youtube links, pictures, archive snapshots, etc to buttress our claim.

Have a wonderful Day

Cc: TAO11

5 Likes

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 2:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
TAO11:

Despite the enormous burden of proof on you for having actively and repeatedly made those claims highlighted in my foregoing comment, I was charitable enough to provide you with some education on the greatness of the Ife, the Ijebu, and the Oyo kingdoms; as well as on the ridiculousness of your equation of Ijebu with a certain unknown JAbOe.

I anticipated and prepared for your childish whining, your fallacy, and your cheap excuses by already engaging in such charity. Refer to the links here for a gentle reminder: cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/5738539/benin-governor-kneels-greet-king/13#87858646

https://www.nairaland.com/5738539/benin-governor-kneels-greet-king/12#87852347

In sum, I know I can hardly help a man who admits to lacking the will and intelligence to read and digest written texts. angry

Also, it makes you appear m0.ronic when you write replies "addressing" comments you admit you didn't read.

Leave Oyo out of it for now, we are not discussing Oyo.
Which evidence did u provide to show Ijebu was a great Kingdom? I think I missed that part. Please provide the evidence again if there’s really one. If u are going to reference Ijebu walls or archeological work done in Ijebu then u are really dumb.

Here’s a clue on how to discuss greatness of a Kingdom.. you can talk about the following:
It’s wealth, it’s economy, it’s size and reach, it’s wars and conquests and it’s international relationship to other Kingdoms and places.

So if u cannot relate all or some of the above with Ijebu then Ijebu (Jaboe) remains a small Yoruba village and Ife too.
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Sewgon79(m): 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
davidnazee:

Leave Oyo out of it for now, we are not discussing Oyo.
Which evidence did u provide to show Ijebu was a great Kingdom? I think I missed that part. Please provide the evidence again if there’s really one. If u are going to reference Ijebu walls or archeological work done in Ijebu then u are really dumb.

Here’s a clue on how to discuss greatness of a Kingdom.. you can talk about the following:
It’s wealth, it’s economy, it’s size and reach, it’s wars and conquests and it’s international relationship to other Kingdoms and places.

So if u cannot relate all or some of the above with Ijebu then Ijebu (Jaboe) remains a small Yoruba village and Ife too.

I think I can relate to your ignorance. Ife is not Kingdom. Ife is empire. That is reason they could crown a king in your small kingdom.

As history told us, in those day. There is Oyo ilé and Oyo Ode. Oyo ilé is Ilé Ifè of today and Ọ̀yọ́ òde is today Ọ̀yọ́.

So Yoruba conquer Ewe people of Benin, Togo, Ghana. There is a museum about this in Quidah Town in Benin Republic, go there you will find the story.

Yoruba conquer and dominate Ga people of Ghana and established their roots there. Till today they still call themselves Ancestorial of Ilé Ifè.

This are few to mentioned.
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 2:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
Sewgon79:

Hello

Nobody said Ijebu is greater than Benin Kingdoms. We all know that Ijebu and Benin are equal, they even share border.

What I oppose to is your statement sometimes when you mentioned that Benin conquer Ijebu and I said no. You also mentioned that Benin Kingdom is only Kingdom that fought British, which I also falsely by explaining and giving you proves on how Ijebu fought British Colonial to the extent that the British have to go as far Ghana, Sierra Leone, Northern part of Nigeria to recruit more soldiers to fight just IJEBU LAND (Imagbon War).

The reason why I déposé most of your claim and writes up is that your egocentric written manner, trying to convince the ignorant reader of superiority of Benin over Ìfẹ́, which is not and can never be.

Benin will ever remain a son to Ife which is in history, archives and your 2 generation of monarch said it, the King before this and this also mentioned it when he came to OONI OF IFE Palace. He also shows respect by addressing OONIRISA as IMPERIAL MAJESTY.

Moreso, your in ability to differentiate between EMPIRE AND KINGDOM. His Royal Majesty rules Kingdom which Benin is. But His Imperial Majesty rules an Empire like Yoruba overall which makes Oonirisa one.

Empire extend outside their geographic location like Yoruba in Benin Republic, Cuba, Brazil, Trinidad and Tobago, Togo, Ivory Coast and Ghana. In which they are all citizens of their respective countries but pledge their loyalty to Imperial Majesty, the Overall Spiritual Leader and King of their Ancestorial roots which is OONI OF IFE.

Cc: TAO11

FYI, Ijebu and Benin are not mates.. anyways let’s leave Ijebu out of our discussion now and focus on Ife..
if you a Yoruba man says Ife is the greatest Yoruba Kingdom even greater than Oyo I won’t argue about that but it was never greater than Benin and was never an empire.
There’s no proof that Ife was an empire so stop lying to yourself.. it was just a village that had a spiritual connection.
the only Kingdoms that attained the status of an empire is Great Benin and Oyo Kingdoms.

Please go read the meaning of Kingdom and empire and what makes a Kingdom an empire and stop making foolish statements.
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 2:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
Sewgon79:

I think I can relate to your ignorance. Ife is not Kingdom. Ife is empire. That is reason they could crown a king in your small kingdom.

As history told us, in those day. There is Oyo ilé and Oyo Ode. Oyo ilé is Ilé Ifè of today and Ọ̀yọ́ òde is today Ọ̀yọ́.

So Yoruba conquer Ewe people of Benin, Togo, Ghana. There is a museum about this in Quidah Town in Benin Republic, go there you will find the story.

Yoruba conquer and dominate Ga people of Ghana and established their roots there. Till today they still call themselves Ancestorial of Ilé Ifè.

This are few to mentioned.

You see how foolish you are. I always said Ife was a small village not a Kingdom. And Ife is not an empire. It has nothing to make it an empire.

You are saying Yoruba conquered this, conquered that, dominate places. This is another foolish statement from you. Which Yoruba are u talking about? Focus on Ife or is it because there’s nothing to say about Ife you now make a general statement? Yoruba as one race was not in existence till the 1800s.

Fact is Ife was never an empire.
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Sewgon79(m): 3:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
davidnazee:

You see how foolish you are. I always said Ife was a small village not a Kingdom. And Ife is not an empire. It has nothing to make it an empire.

You are saying Yoruba conquered this, conquered that, dominate places. This is another foolish statement from you. Which Yoruba are u talking about? Focus on Ife or is it because there’s nothing to say about Ife you now make a general statement? Yoruba as one race was not in existence till the 1800s.

Fact is Ife was never an empire.

Maybe I should enlighten your dumb brain once more. In those days they use Oyo ilé which have ILẸ̀ IFE as capital. OYO ILẸ̀ then is generilise as whole Oodua empire, ilé Ife empire. So that is what I am talking about. Whenever there is war, the instructions and directive came from Administrative center of Oodua empire (Île Ifè). OYO mesi which is now modern day (Oyo) is military or defence headquarters of Oodua Empire.

So anytime you heard story of War fought by Oyo, it administrative headquarters is ÎLE IFE. Ife ó dáyé.

So it was Generalise as Oyo Empire . Ọ̀YỌ́ ILE (ILẸ̀ IFE) as administrative and Spiritual Headquarters. While Ọ̀YỌ́ MESI (MODERN DAY Ọ̀YỌ́) as defence and military headquarters.

So it is still same OYO EMPIRE as the historian called it then.

But out of Oyo Empire we have so many KINGDOM such as:

1. Ijebu Kingdom : Ijebu Ode, Ijebu Igbo, Ijebu Remo, Ijebu Ogbere, Ijebu Ilishan, Ijebu Odogbolu,Shagamu, Ijebu Itele, Ijebu Mushin, Ijebu Ilese, Ijebu Ilugun, Ijebu Momo, Epe, Ikorodu, Ota, etc

2. Ẹ̀gbá Kingdom : Egbado, Yewa, Ilaro, Ipokia, Ibara, Òkè Ọ̀nà, Òwu, Owode, etc

3. Ọ̀yọ́ Mesi: ìlà Orangun, Osogbo, Ede, Sarki, Iwo, Modakeke, etc

4. Ondo: Akure, Ìkàré, Osolo

5. Ekiti: Alára, Ajero

6. Lagos:

7: Ilorin: Offa, etc

8: Benin Republic : Sakete, Alaketu, Ajase, Ilapetu, etc

9. Kogi: Ibira, Igala, etc

ILE ÌFẸ́ as Spiritual and administrative headquarters while Ọ̀YỌ́ MESI as defence and military headquarters.

All this towns and Kingdoms are classified in those days as Ọ̀yọ́ Empire

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by davidnazee: 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
Sewgon79:

Maybe I should enlighten your dumb brain once more. In those days they use Oyo ilé which have ILẸ̀ IFE as capital. OYO ILẸ̀ then is generilise as whole Oodua empire, ilé Ife empire. So that is what I am talking about. Whenever there is war, the instructions and directive came from Administrative center of Oodua empire (Île Ifè). OYO mesi which is now modern day (Oyo) is military or defence headquarters of Oodua Empire.

So anytime you heard story of War fought by Oyo, it administrative headquarters is ÎLE IFE. Ife ó dáyé.

So do you get the whole scenario

Did you get that from Tao or your dumb brain made that up? So during the time of Oyo empire, the capital and headquarters was in Ife? You mean Ife and Ijebu were inside Oyo empire?
Anyways I always believed Oyo empire was a myth and now u just increased that belief.

You are dumb sha, a real Yoruba revisionist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

"Lagos Is For Peter Obi" Banner Removed - Photos / Stranded Lagosians As President Buhari Visits Lagos (More Photos) / Complete Names Of 21 Ministerial Nominees Read By Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.