Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. (94442 Views)

Humility: Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed Kneels To Greet The President Of Nigeria, BAT / Oshiomhole Accident In Benin: The Damaged SUV Conveying Ex Governor / Obasanjo Kneels To Greet The Next Governor Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Stillthebest: 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2020
kiss

Their kings always respect themselves and carry themselves with honor. No one will honour whoever doesn't honours himself.

During Abacha junta, only the Alaafin of Oyo, HRM, Lamidi Adeyemi iku tin pomo and the late Oba of Edo( Ereduwa Iku apholopolo) didnt collect portfolios of cash(bribe) among other prominent kings in Nigeria and Sultan of Sokoto(as added by a friend)...

Oba Atopaiye!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by toniro(m): 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2020
yarimo:
let oba of Benin do anyhow first, that is when he will know that. kneeling down by a Governor or President is just formality.

If u knw d story of oba n one time military administrator, u no go talk like that o!

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by onlinetrading96(m): 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2020
Pant trousers from Europe just 1500 Farah ,mark spencer,George,Next etc
Payment on delivery within Lagos.Nationwide delivery available click profile for contact
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by prinsam30: 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2020
federal lie, how many times hellrufai dey bend down dey greet sanusi wen him dey that throne, this tunde ednut get wide mouth abeg

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Bryan88(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2020
PEOPLE THAT HAVE RESPECT FOR THEIR KING... grin
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by southsouthking(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2020
At the mention of Benin ,it makes me wanna cum. This goes to show you how much i love my Ancient City of Benin, WHERE THE KIND IS TRULY KING.

OBA OGIDIGAN

#oba GHA to kpere iseee

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by adelaja70(m): 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2020
DeZoro:
You cant compare a political king and an Hereditary King. They are different. The Oba of Benin and Alaafin of Oyo are custodian of power and the thrown is well respected by the citizen of the locality. The Governor that would want to humiliate them will never be born....�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️
Obafemi Awolowo dethroned the father of the present Alaafin.... Nothing oo

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Ojiofor: 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2020
perryy:

Nothing will happen. Igbinedion tried rubbish, at the end he went to kneel down to beg.

So long as he receives salary from the government,government can sack him if he misbehaves.

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by perryy(m): 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2020
drnoel:
The governor can still remove the king. The king just has to know where his power ends and how to keep his mouth shut
And if the king is removed , who will be the king ? Do you know the meaning of a king ? It is not those political appointee in the north and southwest oooo. The king is the head of all the spiritual movement of the state , including the withces and wizards. If u are not initiated from birth as the king of all groups , you just can't wake up and be king. The withces will play ball with u, the Wizards nkor, the Asigidi nkor, asokpikan nkor, babalawo nkor, all will play ball with u and no one will even regard u as a king except the governor that appointed you. There several places ordinary human can't even enter I the palace. So, how will the new king is a mere mortal get there ? Or will the governor build another palace for him ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by chabbal: 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2020
toyinjimoh:
Not in d north they have no respect for their king
Liar
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by izibili44: 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2020
It is not election thing.I am from esan land.we have just one oba.They the king.
ghettokid1:
Election things

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by kazhk: 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2020
You are very stupid
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2020
Cos Benin people don't joke with their king. If they think for a second that a plotician is rude to their king, its going to be hell from the Benin people towards the person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by yarimo(m): 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2020
johnmattew:
ever heard of the military administrator, captain oyearugbulem that threatened to depose oba of benin??.....he later begged uncontrollably after Benin chiefs threatened to launch spiritual attack on him and later died mysteriously
that was then when emirs , obas, obis and other traditional rulers only has access to jazz. as it's now some politicians and businessmen and women are more dangerous than this traditional rulers in terms of jazz. any traditional ruler that doesn't respect himself will see anyhow grin

5 Likes

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by salford: 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2020
There are several pics on the internet of governors kneeling or postrating to kings in the SW.

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by IMASTEX: 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2020
MrBachelor:
Seun and co, what's the motive for bringing this to the front page. Is this an established fact or just a one-off scenario.

It seems like you guys enjoy the tribal e-war on-going on this site.
I wonder too. These are very sensitive subjects to even imagine let alone putting up for general discussion to kids, educated illiterates and tribalistic bigots. It is a pity!

5 Likes

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Daddi: 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2020
helinues:
Ednut is behaving toddlish.

The mods that moved this to fp must be a tribal war Lord.

No iota of truth in the statements .Ednut is being mischievous

Always childish

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Tecno66: 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2020
Na true you talk. Those oba na orisha them be o. No be the type them they nack query anyhow, although them too dey respect them self o because respect is reciprocal.
MyVILLAGEpeople:
But Gabriel Igbenedion had serious fight with the late Oba of Benin. Igbenedion even took the Oba to court. Anyways I respect the Oba of Benin and Alaafin of Oyo. Those Kings na Deities.

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by perryy(m): 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
adelaja70:

Obafemi Awolowo dethroned the father of the present Alaafin.... Nothing oo

Anybody from the ruling families can be Alafin, but only the Edaiken can succeed the Oba. Edaiken is the first son of the oba who must have been initiated into the Edo mystical system from birth as the head. Again, Edaiken can only succeed his dad on his passage. Oba of Benin is still more difficult to dethrone than Alafin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
cRobo:
I won't say a word
Crobo baby

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
Evilgenuis:
Greeting is different from respect... I might bow to greet you but deep inside i don't respect you... You have to earn my respect.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Hmmm...
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Isoduwa(m): 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
IWTBAB:
when my landlord read dis news, him just talk say make i no pay 6 months rent. lubbish, if dem like make dem lie down 4 ground dey greet demselves , na dem sabi

Abeg collect one slap you too funny �

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by yarimo(m): 2:41pm On Mar 16, 2020
toniro:

If u knw d story of oba n one time military administrator, u no go talk like that o!
that was then , as it is now some politicians and businessmen and women are more dangerous than this traditional rulers in terms of jazz. let him just respect himself or he will see anyhow. grin
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by abeggnow: 2:41pm On Mar 16, 2020
toyinjimoh:
Not in d north they have no respect for their king
the most powerful mornach in ZNigeria the sultan of sokoto was overthrown by Abacha. No mornach in Nigeria has any real power,

4 Likes

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2020
Isoduwa:
Abeg collect one slap you too funny �
head dey pain u abi i go reset ur brain 4 u soon

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Ten06(m): 2:43pm On Mar 16, 2020
Please go tell Nyesom Wike he must hear this
Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by drnoel: 2:43pm On Mar 16, 2020
perryy:

And if the king is removed , who will be the king ? Do you know the meaning of a king ? It is not those political appointee in the north and southwest oooo. The king is the head of all the spiritual movement of the state , including the withces and wizards. If u are not initiated from birth as the king of all groups , you just can't wake up and be king. The withces will play ball with u, the Wizards nkor, the Asigidi nkor, asokpikan nkor, babalawo nkor, all will play ball with u and no one will even regard u as a king except the governor that appointed you. There several places ordinary human can't even enter I the palace. So, how will the new king is a mere mortal get there ? Or will the governor build another palace for him ?

U didn't see the power of authority that idiot of a governor used to remove SLS? That caption of the law exists for all states so I repeat. The governor can remove the king, be who it may

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by southsouthking(m): 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

Obaseki knelt because he's a Benin man and quite stupid too. An Esan or Etsako governor would never kneel for that dude

Please stop been ignorant, even Otaru of Auchi will still knee down to great The OBA OF BENIN, OBA EWUARE THE II, OGIDIGAN.

By the way is Phillip Shuaibu no longer an Etsako man? I thought he,s the one kneeling close to Obaseki.

Better Okporkpite na you real be

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by saintaustine(m): 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2020
A kingdom where the KING is truly KING.

OBA KHA TO KPERE.....

Iseeeeeee..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by TAO11(f): 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2020
Antoeni:
The Oba Of Benin is a Super 1st Class King.
He is an Imperial Majesty

No, the Oba of Benin is NOT an Imperial Majesty. Rather, he is officially regarded as "His Royal Majesty" just like several other Tom, Dick, and Harry.

The only royalty whom the title (His Imperial Majesty) is officially reserved for in Nigeria is the Ooni of Ife.

Stop appropriating what is not.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by mungoparks: 2:46pm On Mar 16, 2020
Oba of Benin an Oracle,he’s most feared,after God is the oba,he sees you he already knew your motives,oba ghato okpere,Alaffin of oyo another diety these 2 oba ,Idgaf about the rest you called oba.

1 Like

Re: In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. by Isoduwa(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
IWTBAB:
head dey pain u abi i go reset ur brain 4 u soon

Chicken Nor dey fly for night �

Use your head Nack wall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Stranded Lagosians As President Buhari Visits Lagos (More Photos) / Complete Names Of 21 Ministerial Nominees Read By Saraki / Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.