Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? (35985 Views)

Kean Itubo Itari Umasala Is Dead! Oldest Woman In Rivers Dies At 160 Years / What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? / Oldest Woman In Benue Dies At 122 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by Asuzero2(m): 11:59pm On Mar 20, 2020
Cooking pot
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by clemmonce(m): 11:59pm On Mar 20, 2020
gameboy727:
Not everything is for sale. Besides, they bring back fond memories.
nice reply
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by Toks2008(m): 12:06am On Mar 21, 2020
Leezah:
What is the oldest thing in your house?? grin grin

Me
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by mordred44: 12:08am On Mar 21, 2020
Turning stick

1 Like

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by stabilizer: 12:08am On Mar 21, 2020
The pen Lord Lugard used when signing amalgamation of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by ussv: 12:12am On Mar 21, 2020
My winter jacket i bought at Yaba 10 years ago when i wanted to travel out of Nigeria. i still wear it till this day and it reminds me of how lucky i was to move my wife and kids to a better place.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by gibsonwales(m): 12:13am On Mar 21, 2020
My late dad's novel 'THINGS FALL APART'. He bought it when Nigeria's currency was Pounds and shilling. The novel is almost 50years old and I still have it in my wardrobe

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by ussv: 12:14am On Mar 21, 2020
clemmonce:
nice reply
The question was "what is the oldest thing in your house " and not "what is for sale in your house "
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by ussv: 12:15am On Mar 21, 2020
mordred44:
Turning stick
Lol !!! Turning garri of those days are top notch and quality, dem no dey bend or break.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by whiteafrique: 12:15am On Mar 21, 2020
my self..
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by clemmonce(m): 12:18am On Mar 21, 2020
ussv:

The question was "what is the oldest thing in your house " and not "what is for sale in your house "
lol
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by omosefeeguaibor(f): 12:22am On Mar 21, 2020
Shame wee nor let me post the picture, it's one funny fry pan like that oo, courtesy of my dad way back when he was a bachelor. Till now, it still beats my imagination why mom has refused to let go, cos na grand children dey come so.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by mordred44: 12:22am On Mar 21, 2020
ussv:

Lol !!! Turning garri of those days are top notch and quality, dem no dey bend or break.
GBAAM
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by Happyguy201: 12:32am On Mar 21, 2020
this old tv belongs to my grand father my dad said grandpa bough it in 1970 amazingly my dad still keeps it clean anyone knows how much its worth today?

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by SantaDomino(m): 12:52am On Mar 21, 2020
1990 you mean?

nurey:
My grandmothers bronze tiro collection. I remembered I used to beg her to apply for me too at a tender age and my mum used to be angry at that grin
those things should be around 1930s

May Allah grant her Alijanah firdaus
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by Kuvuki7788: 12:54am On Mar 21, 2020
This is the oldest thing in my house.

Kuvuki

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by tellwisdom: 1:20am On Mar 21, 2020
zexy2030:

how much can u sell that tv

1million if you want. Bigger one
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by Alimzy20(m): 1:27am On Mar 21, 2020
gibsonwales:
My late dad's novel 'THINGS FALL APART'. He bought it when Nigeria's currency was Pounds and shilling. The novel is almost 50years old and I still have it in my wardrobe
pictures of the novel or we dont biliv u
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by phlopholly: 1:28am On Mar 21, 2020
My towel
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by aoshea18: 1:29am On Mar 21, 2020
Kuvuki7788:
This is the oldest thing in my house.

Kuvuki

This brings back fond memories. I used these in junior secondary school in the boarding house back then. Those huge Tiger batteries never lasted for me though

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by Alimzy20(m): 1:32am On Mar 21, 2020
Katier00:
My bracelet. It has been with me for 15yrs. My treasure and pride
Bracelet for 15yrs? continue.
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by Alimzy20(m): 1:36am On Mar 21, 2020
nurey:
My grandmothers bronze tiro collection. I remembered I used to beg her to apply for me too at a tender age and my mum used to be angry at that grin
those things should be around 1930s

May Allah grant her Alijanah firdaus
Ameen

1 Like

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by gameboy727(m): 1:37am On Mar 21, 2020
obembet:

Your dad is a legend.

For me.. I don too tay for house... I want marry this year. Pray for me
Lol. Yeah, Dad was a great man.

I pray you get all your heart desires. You are pretty. Having a man shouldn't be a problem. Though marriages these days can be scary.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by Alimzy20(m): 1:39am On Mar 21, 2020
Lamanii22:
Everything in my house is old... The house itself is effing old....
God will provide new ones

1 Like

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by AreaFada2: 1:42am On Mar 21, 2020
chii8:
My husband's baptismal certificate.
Your bat cert nko? Abi na juju Iyalawo things dey reign that time? grin grin grin

Among them are my grandma's starched expensive happening lady Buba & picture of those days. They cannot be less than 50 years old. Also some dad's documents, record book, meeting minutes book. Even letters. Some over 60 years old. If one looks carefully there probably older stuff like jewelries, trinkets and beads of unknown age.

Years back I found some empty tins of cigarette of those days. Apparently, high society ladies of those days smoked. 1920s to 1940s. Cigarettes from England weren't that cheap at all. Those rubbing shoulders with oyinbo. Apparently, a great aunt was a society lady. In the elite group of those days. Some of her stuff were left with grandma. grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by Jcael(m): 1:54am On Mar 21, 2020
Radio cassette player (home karaoke) bought in 1995. We just couldn't find the nerve to throw it out. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by McTobe(m): 2:13am On Mar 21, 2020
My Mum and my Dad’s Traditional wedding Invitation Card. The Old doesn’t even know that I have it. I have archived it already ( well laminated)

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by blesoh(f): 2:41am On Mar 21, 2020
My bed, it's 11yrs now, poor bed cry
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by chocboi78(m): 2:54am On Mar 21, 2020
kponkedenge:

But you are older than the certificate.
ya buh he is not a 'thing'
Re: What Is The Oldest Thing In Your House????? by Sirmuel1(m): 3:06am On Mar 21, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
you don't mean it shocked

I'm serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Debrief, cotton101 and those that came out alive. Got A Few Questions For You. / Paternity Fraud At Its Peak! / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.