Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? (15418 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Should I Renovate Our Family House? / Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Offpoint: 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
We all have that one thing we all grow up to meet in our families... Share yours.

Mine is electronic iron and wooden wall clock.
Mom says the iron is the first thing my dad bought with his first salary, and that was 4 years before they meet.

Till date old the shît is still working like it was made yesterday, best iron I've ever used.
You must use with caution or you'll set your clothes on fire in less than a minute.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2019
The house

7 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Offpoint: 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
Bonatheripper:
The house
The house is the oldest thing in your family house?

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
These prehistoric Biafran pounds. So my father actually saved thousands and thousands of these pounds. He was a successful business man even during the civil war. Fortunately, the civil war ended, we have a lot of these in our house, safely tucked in a safe.

Edit: People are asking about stories and all. Yeah he told us a couple of the stories. It wasn't a fair experience at all. I pray we don't ever experience war again. It was a tough time. Very drastic things happened and he witnessed the death of his relatives, his beloved father too.

15 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Amazingman(m): 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
Op u are the oldest thing I know

1 Like

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
Granny's house. One giant mortar in d kitchen,old heavy pots,metallic comb,heavy breakable plates,heavy spoons,old heavy glass cups.large calabash pots with beautiful inscriptions,not talking about black and white old school photos etc,going to my late Granny's house is like visiting mini museum.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by mamajj17(f): 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
Granparents MUD HOUSE grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Homeboiy: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ebu munyi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Powersurge: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2019
There is a rectangular shiny metal (about 1.5mx1mx0.5m) with cover in my grandma house in the village. She said it was given to her mother when she (her mother) was still young. She was not even born then.

I am sure that thing will be around 200 years old. cos my grandma is around 100 years. And someone has been using it before it was given to her mother.

41 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Bgcentz(m): 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2019
A NINO Japanese wall clock
My dad bought the clock when he was still a youth he has not even met my mother then.

N it still works perfectly

That wall clock should be in a museum

22 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by osemoses69: 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2019
39 years old fan

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by MrCork: 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
Offpoint:
We all have that one thing we all grow up to meet in our families... Share yours.

Mom says the iron is the first thing my dad bought with his first salary, and that was 4 years before they meet.
Till date old the shît is still working like it was made yesterday, best iron I've ever used.
You must use with caution or you'll set your clothes on fire in less than a minute.

angry
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by MrCork: 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2019
Offpoint:

...bro .but wot as old house gots to do wit romance section?...Are u a brick layer? (No ofeense) angry

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by luvyaself95(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2019
Powersurge:
There is a rectangular shiny metal (about 1.5mx1mx0.5m) with cover in my grandma house in the village. She said it was given to her mother when she (her mother) was still young. She was not even born then.

I am sure that thing will be around 200 years old. cos my grandma is around 100 years. And someone has been using it before it was given to her mother.

That is legendary

3 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by NoLotty7(m): 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
my grand-mon aluminium box for storing clothe.grand dad grave.my mom cooking mortar for pounding solid food.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by derrydinny: 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
my daddy's thing of course, it is older than everyone in that house

14 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by OyiboPep: 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
My dad's first coin he earned while in secondary school.

It's called guinea, I think.

14 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Premiumwriter: 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
U
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Rosarie(f): 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
God coolers,box where momsi puts clothes and TV shelf

2 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by jendhorlee(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
we have one hand made grater like that, my mom said she's been using it b4 she gave birth to our first born

our first born is 40 years old
if not that it's dark, i would have gone to the kitchen to snap it

13 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by BafanaBafana: 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
I think it should be one 50 inch boom box father had. He used it in the university as an undergraduate. As at then, he was a big boy with that radio and he told us how sometimes he will not set eyes on the radio set for weeks because guys were borrowing it to groove with. Its still working till date and I still remember radio Nigeria morning news tune playing on it every morning when I was in primary school.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Depressed101: 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
My father's bet definitely... That leather belt upon all the hammering wey im do for my body em still dey kamkpe like kanda ..

Pille still dey rock am 25years on till this day grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
My mom's shoe rack. Those old shoe rack with pockets. She used it as a spinster and funny enough it is still quite good. I'm reluctant to throw it out.

A Torn Paper map of Nigeria with all the 36 states and "765" local govt.

Our ETA Iron that has refused to spoil. The bloody thing is older than me

17 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by surgebitcoin(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
Clock .My father bought it before he married my mum.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by DaddyMorenike: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Gstring
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
OUR GRANDFATHER'S CLOCK

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
DaddyMorenike:
Gstring
Baba Morenikeji, na wa for you o!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Emmacula8(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
derrydinny:
my daddy's thing of course, it is older than everyone in that house

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Pidginwhisper: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mirror and grandfather clock

1 Like

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by SirLakes: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
grin
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
My dad smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Feel So Bad For Slapping My Wife This Morning / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? / British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.