Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political (89792 Views)

Burna Boy Will Not Be At "OBIDATTI Music Concert". It's Fake - Fola Folayan / Zubby Michael Builds A House, Set For Housewarming (Photos) / Duncan Mighty: "My Sister Has Mental Illness, Not A Thief, It's Fake News" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by ikevictor: 6:23pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ijaycool:
Hiaaa, King of Boys is a core Yoruba movie but it didn't get any Award, so what is this agbero saying?

Chai! Nne igbue m!
Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Sewgon79(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
Mbilla:
When you travel all most all the countries in Africa. Igbo culture, Igbo greetings like Igwe(king), Igbo movies industry ( Nollywood) and Igbo gospel music is all that you will see and hear on their TVs and radios station. Flavor song Ada Ada is a national anthem to Ghanaians , Kenyan etc weddings.

Bros you might be a bit slight right, cuz I have travelled to most African countries. When it comes to music, it is Wizkid (Yoruba), Davido (Yoruba), Olamide (Yoruba), Kiss Daniel (Yoruba) , Flavour (Ibo) , Phino (Ibo) are most play songs.

1 Like

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Taye4j: 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
Omoluabi16:
My brother. Over the years I have never even bothered to do inventory of who plays for our super eagles.. Coincidence that Mikel, okocha or KANU have been our best legs over the years? I do not know..however we all celebrate their excellence. These people should do same rather than pull the ethnic card every time. They are still pained about Soyinka's award THIRTY FOUR years ago. They still blame 'us Genevieve not winning that Oscar abi na Grammy.

You are not the only one, nobody cares who plays the national team until I went online to check some matches played by the super eagles. Bros, come and see how they were shouting up and down on that platform. For the first time in my life I knew what tribalism meant. Check some of their Igbo music artist and see the comments too. Now I am happy that Yorubas are stepping up football wise and we will dominate. I want to see them cry.

10 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Xisnin(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
Struggling actor feeling fly.
If not for Obiano who saved him from poverty, he wouldn't have time for tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by klax(m): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2020
Odingo1:
Most winners are unknown Yorubas. The man is right.

I'm dissappointed in you and that ewu called Zubby. Pls must we igbo bring tribal stupidity into everything for God sake?

Why are we like these? Why these much satanic character and devilish tribalism gene for crying out loud.

Nwanne you and Zubby bu onye who the hell are you Infact I'm begining to realise our toxicity as a race its a shame.

What nonsense movie did Zubby acted? Is it all those pooh part 1 to part 15 useless storyline called movie or what

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Kennyswag: 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2020
DenreleDave:

Police, then hold onto Enugu Or imo na... Shebi na igbo u be, relocate back to ur mud village na grin

Igbo that doesn't even want progress for themselves.. grin

Fat bastard grin

2 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by UnknownT: 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2020
greatreality:

Must you condemn someone talent before commenting, at least he can beat his chest that if he's dying today he have attained a great name for himself, whether award or no award.
He started the condemnation calling it political. He had to bring another tribe into it in his condemnation. After now people will start saying we{Igbos} are jealous

3 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Kenny9857(m): 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2020
Please read what you post yourself lipsrsealed does it make any sense ??
Nigerians are the worst of human race on earth I must say.....
The only thing you know how to do is to capitalize on the wrong of other people to door show your own terrible intension.......
Before you quote me back please I am not supporting any tribe and besides that all I believe in is that one NIGERIA is nothing but a scam.
Tribalism as already eaten the brain of most of you.... Spiiiiitsss.
nnadychuks:
But make we no lie ehn... Na yorubas Dey handle entertainment industry, Hausas Dey handle politics, but we Igbos no get wetin we Dey handle apart from business. If Naira Marley fit blow, then it shows you how tribalistic the yorubas are, they’ll support their own and even make the Igbos try to love them.
It’s not simple;
One Nigeria won’t come easy, in fact it will get worse if there’s no Igbo president in the next 12-16 years.
Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Orila67: 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2020
Who are you?
Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by sofiscatedmoron: 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2020
Asianjollof007:

If i give you a response that suites your question, you go say yoruba people are also leading the savage industry.
Because u are an illiterate thats why you dont know the meaning of organizers of an award event

Afonjas are leading in skull mining business
Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Qoko: 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2020
Davash222:
I think Zubby is right in a way. 85% of the Award nominees and the winners are unknown. The actors and actresses Zuby mentioned deserves recognition.
AMVCA is a yearly award and how many movies did those actors and actresses zubby mentioned acted in 2019 the even someone like zubby shouldn't have complained, what did he want Sola Sobowale and Reminisce of King of Boys say?

3 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by alfredilly: 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2020
Mbilla:
When you travel all most all the countries in Africa. Igbo culture, Igbo greetings like Igwe(king), Igbo movies industry ( Nollywood) and Igbo gospel music is all that you will see and hear on their TVs and radios station. Flavor song Ada Ada is a national anthem to Ghanaians , Kenyan etc weddings.

When did Nollywood turn Igbo movie industry. Well, that was what you want the world to see. You shot a movie in English and Nigerian pidgin only to call it Igbo film. Just because there were Igbo marketers and producer in those days, you made many of the cast Igbo and boost it with the unique brilliance of other tribe. Omotola and Ramset Nouah have Ondo blood. Jibola Dabo is an Owo man from Ondo state. Regina Askia is an Efik woman and you want to label it Igbo movie. Why is it Called Nollywood. The N is from Nigeria. Why is it not called Ibowood. When you were busy with these domineering strategy, Yoruba were busy building there own movie around their language and culture. It will take eternity for a movie based on Igbo language to match Yoruba one.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by YorubaMyKids: 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2020
FuckThaMod:

If i were an actor i wouldn't associate myself with any production that has a yoruba as part of their crew members. I don't know why our people are stupid and failing to learn. You don't dine with the devil
Don't mind them, we made Nollywood so interesting to watch, even now most non Nigerians would tell you they no longer watch Nigerian movies nowadays and still prefer the old movies to these new ones, according to them they say the old movies was when 'Nollywood was really Nollywood' and not anymore..

1 Like

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Hoodbilonia: 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2020
At times i wonder why i still renew my dstv sub
For the last 4 days i couldnt only take delight in warching documentary .
Epic shows trash
Urban. Another bunch of boring sitcom movies
(Everyone is always seated like they are crippled)
Afr magic Yoruba. Senseless Yoruba movies whr the office is always empty,no staffs,contracts are awarded on phone. I mean u will want to smash your remote watching yoruba movies.
Igbo nko. Worst of them all. Our acting skills are damn poor. Poorly scripted movies,poor audio,actress always dress like harlot.
Zubby go sleep.
Abegi
Like say u dey act better movie
Visit youtube and watch and see senseless movies titles. Even corona virus as movie don come out sef.senseless movie production,yeat in ,year out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by goodnessme1(f): 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2020
Omoluabi9:
IGBO'S & HATRED... shaking my head*
Do you yorubas love Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by YorubaMyKids: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
alfredilly:

When did Nollywood turn Igbo movie industry. Well, that was what you want the world to see. You shot a movie in English and Nigerian pidgin only to call it Igbo film. Just because there were Igbo marketers and producer in those days, you made many of the cast Igbo and boost it with the unique brilliance of other tribe. Omotola and Ramset Nouah have Ondo blood. Jibola Dabo is an Owo man from Ondo state. Regina Askia is an Efik woman and you want to label it Igbo movie. Why is it Cally Nollywood. The N is from Nigeria. Why is it not called Ibowood. When you were busy with these domineering strategy, Yoruba were busy building there own movie around their language and culture. It will take eternity for a movie based on Igbo language to match Yoruba one.
You shot yourself on the foot with the bold. While you were busy building Yoruba movies Igbos were taking Nollywood to the world.. You yorubas can never match the input of the Igbos to Nollywood in 100 years to come period!
You can't reap where you did not sow and refuse to acknowledge those that made it possible and juicy for you..

3 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ewedegubbler:

which of the Nollywoods and who are they by the ways?

Lol.

Most of you here are kids.

6 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Qoko: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
Davash222:
I think Zubby is right in a way. 85% of the Award nominees and the winners are unknown. The actors and actresses Zuby mentioned deserves recognition.
Which 2019 movies do they deserve award, I see reason why most Igbos think and face the same direction, even as good as Sola Sobowale, Reminisce plus King of Boys itself missed the awards. Mumu talk.

4 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
technicallyrich:

Abeg which Yoruba that are in Delta State,abeg face your brOm roof and leave ss and se alone.
Mind you cowardd,I am an ija w man.

Olodo rabata. Just take a look at yourself. At your big age, you can't read. You can't even spell. This is what happens when you skip English classes. I'm sure you're one of those people who lie to their kids about being the best when you were in secondary school.

Now

Where in that post did I mention that there are Yorubas in Delta? You think I give two shits about your state? And you even casted yourself with that "SE and SS" nonsense. You're from Enugu or Anambla. Be proud of your red mud. You no get shame? Online ijaw

No be only "brOm roof"

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Omoluabi16(m): 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
Taye4j:

You are not the only one, nobody cares who plays the national team until I went online to check some matches played by the super eagles. Bros, come and see how they were shouting up and down on that platform. For the first time in my life I knew what tribalism meant. Check some of their Igbo music artist and see the comments too. Now I am happy that Yorubas are stepping up football wise and we will dominate. I want to see them cry.
Yeah, were all stepping up. Like you said earlier, God blessed us all, and everybody get their time. They will excel in certain field..just as we too will excel in certain fields. It is petty and a huge waste of time to keep hating on other people's success and making excuses for failure.

1 Like

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Darksider131: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2020
Romanoff:
But Living in Bondage carted with most of the awards this year even though King of Boys was better.
KING OF BOYS kill you there

Boring shiit movie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by YorubaMyKids: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2020
FrLukas:

Lol.

Most of you here are kids.

Lol you are a crackhead..
OK can we get serous now, name 4 Yoruba actors and actresses that are know "outside Nigeria" and I'll name 10 Igbos. Now!
Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by alfredilly: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Is it our fault our women are more beautiful and brainy than the rest of the tribes? undecided
Personally i get very angry when i see my tribe's women representing disgusting regions like that South West

Your women are more beautiful and brainy than other tribes, who feed you such lie?

6 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2020
FuckThaMod:

Say something new.. There's no words you guys have used to describe igbos that i haven't heard before.

Same here too. No new thing you say that people haven't heard before. And presently, everyone already know who the children of hate are, as you're often called. Your hate has gotten stale already, no one cares anymore.

When someone is doing well far better than you, next thing is to envy and then hate. An average Igbo person can't do a day without thinking about Yoruba tribe.
That's why you keep competing with Yorubas all your lives but even if Yoruba sleeps and you keep labouring all day, Yorubas will still achieve more.

A Yoruba adage says, the race a dog ran for 20 years is a mere leisure to a horse.
Another adage says, no matter how far a car goes, it will always meet the road in front of it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Taye4j: 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
goodnessme1:
Do you yorubas love Igbos?

I'm a Yorubas man and I've always loved igbos until November last year when I came on Nairaland and I saw the madness. I'm someone who rarely comments online talk less of making tribal comments. Coming on Nairaland changed my view and since then, I've decided to throw myself into madness. You give it to us, we give it to you. Thank your stars that so many Yorubas take their time to do stuff like this and that most don't even have the time. But for those of us here, you ain't seen nothing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Amarabae(f): 6:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
He should have made his point without tribalising it
Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Omoluabi16(m): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
Omoluabi9:
IGBO'S & HATRED... shaking my head*
Brother. I hope you're good?
Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by frankmoney(m): 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
Really ? So what movie has he done this year that deserves an award ? Go and check his movies it's all this rubbish Nigerian movies that they have been acting like drama

3 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Pearlyakin(m): 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
dignity33:
The only thing I will said that igbo fail to know in Nigeria is tribalism, put Hausa or Yoruba in charge of anything only what you will see is there brothers but igbos failed to know this . Since Nigeria existence igbo has being fighting for one Nigeria but Yoruba and Hausa are fighting for there tribe that is why they see igbos as not being political sophisticated because they only vote for there tribe, it started back from Awolowo time.
Must you dimwit mention Awolowo before you can have a meaningful discussion, go back to history lane and you will know that you hairy pigs started tribalism right from the time Nigeria got her independence.

4 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
DenreleDave:

Yes na.. We don't deserve but we dey win am back to back...

Igbo actors wey no fit put their igbo name for screen, Na to go find English name put coz they are ashamed of their traditional names.. grin
The thing tire me Paul James, zubby Michael. Colonialists really conquer these people I swear.

2 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Qoko: 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Eze ndi ala

Apart from that, there are many things that needs to be stopped in nollywood.

This Igbo-yoruba collabo movies like wedding party needs to be stopped entirely.

Such movies doesn't promote anything but corrupts blood and encourages external marriages and infiltration of strange bloods.

I am yet to see thee importance of those movies to the society.

South Korea acts Korean movies

China acts Chinese movies same as India, Americans and the brits

Then why will here we will be corrupting our cultures with nonsense movies of no background.

Such movies should be discouraged seriously in Nollywood.

That collabo should end in interest of people's culture.

We have allowed petty directors destroy our culture because of one collabo.

You act movies with people you share cultural ties with to re invent the happenings of old..
So Kemi Adetiba is a Petty Director, I salute your mumuism and iberibeism

4 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael: AMVCA Is Organized By Yoruba, It's Fake Award, Political by Sewgon79(m): 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol, wake up from your self-induced sleep. The Yorubas are not your mate in all metrics of intelligence.

How many Igbos can hold a front line music event across the world with sold out concerts? We have Davido, Wizkid, both of who sold out the O2 arena.

Even Nairamarey a new artist is holding concert around the world and getting paid globally. What about our new Kiss Daniel, Joeboy, Fireboy, etc.

When the Yoruba artist were busy sponsoring each other to reach limelight, your Igbo artist were busy being selfish and projecting themselves alone. How many Igbos has Phyno help ? Do you see how many people Olamide helped blow? What about the new Nairamarley, he already signed two artist who will Inturn blow and sign other people.

You should start competing with Hausa/Fulanis in the music and movies scenes because the Yorubas are far above you to even compare!

Thank you, you are just on point. Fact and truth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply)

Timaya Has The Most Beautiful Celebrity House In Nigeria? / Pregnant Simi Unveils Her Baby Bump In Her 32nd Birthday Video / Dede-One-Day Lying In State In His Mansion In Imo Ahead Of Burial Tomorrow -pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.