Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis (28286 Views)

Nigerian Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Amidst Buhari’s Medical Tour / Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment / Ogun Doctors Begin Strike Today Over Welfare Package (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by galadima77(m): 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
peacettw:
Personally, I don't think any right thinking doctor should attend to anyone from henceforth. We are not martyrs.

Nothing in the hospitals suggest any proactive measures being put in place against this virus. Why put ourselves at risk?

Just look at our government's decisions so far. Who lets people in from other countries with the virus just because you think it isn't necessary to ban them? Under what premise? What sort of idiots are running this country?

The type you and I have in mind...from bad to worse and smeared with excuses.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by maasoap(m): 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
ezenwajosh:
In the ZOO things are always in reverse

And people say AM PROUD NIGERIAN

Yes, some of us are. You can be citizen of USA, UK, Italy, South Korea, China or Iran for now. Hope you will be proud of any of them for now. As far as Coronavirus is concerned, Nigeria is not doing too badly, just that a little more effort will be appreciated
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by maasoap(m): 10:18pm On Mar 17, 2020
peacettw:
Personally, I don't think any right thinking doctor should attend to anyone from henceforth. We are not martyrs.

Nothing in the hospitals suggest any proactive measures being put in place against this virus. Why put ourselves at risk?

Just look at our government's decisions so far. Who lets people in from other countries with the virus just because you think it isn't necessary to ban them? Under what premise?

Is your hospital one of the centers dedicated for the potential patients of coronaVirus?

What sort of idiots are running this country?

So much unguarded statement coming from an acclaimed doctor!
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Greystone: 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2020
mytime24:
Wicked government and doctors angry

Now is'nt d right time to go on strike

Imagine yourself working 5days a week in the hospital attending to patients plus weekend calls, with your wife and kids at home and your parents, siblings and other relatives depending on you...mind u the hospital you are working in is poorly equipped and understaffed.

For how many months can you work like this without a salary?

I agree with u that the timing is regrettable, considering the Corona virus wahala, but if u knew how poorly prepared Nigeria's health sector is should Corona virus become an epidemic in Nigeria, I promise you that henceforth u will have sleepless nights.

PS; I'm a doctor but not working in Abuja so I'm not part of the strike referred to in this thread.

Take 5-10 minutes of ur time and read this link concerning the Corona virus outbreak in the UK who are more serious about health.

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-nhs-doctor-warns-we-are-already-at-breaking-point-11958542

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Missonas(f): 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2020
Dem dey fear�. U think say e easy to be Adadevoh?
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by ALABACONNECT(m): 10:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
All this one's wants to use the outbreak as a strategy to finally get whatever they deserve. You call that brains right?? That's just dumb

For your affordable UK used smart TVs, ACs and Soundsystems, check my signature
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by wwwihy: 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
Doctors in Nigeria are the most insensitive set of human beings...strike,strike,strike and strike,,,,,No IQ of other means of achieving what they want. We have other professionals like Lawyers,Accountants, Architects, Engineers etc that never attempt to go on strike despite their poor salaries and conditions of service... But Health Workers in Nigeria are always taking advantage of human life to go on strike.

Some these ingrates are employed in public sector , but you will never see them at their duty posts, rather, they prefer illegal duties in private establishments.

God will judge everyone.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by sayisayi(m): 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
Buharinomics in full effect. Enjoy
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by peacettw: 10:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
maasoap:

Is your hospital one of the centers dedicated for the potential patients of coronaVirus?

So much unguarded statement coming from an acclaimed doctor!

You really can't be that naive and believe it or not, we have incompetent and intellectually crippled people manning this country aka idiots.

No patient simply walks into designated centres that manage "potential cases". Instead they present first in hospitals, clinics and health centers not "dedicated" for it from which they are referred. Now, can you imagine the legion of contacts that will be exposed to this patient with the virus before referral, who in turn will transmit it to other patients, their families etc? This virus is novel, seemingly synthesized with no cure in site and here you are sieving grammar.

In case my message is not properly understood, let me reiterate. I am encouraging any doctor and health worker out there without the proper protocol and kit for managing this virus to simply abstain from suspected cases due to concerns over protection of life. You can instead contact the op here to personally transport the patient to dedicated centers.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by jaephoenix(m): 10:50pm On Mar 17, 2020
Correcto:
Please just sack all of them, these guys are becoming useless. They go on strike at every single opportunity. They are tired of the profession. Sack them all. I know as a president I won't tolerate this.
Hater, have you seen that the NUC finally bowed to the consultants demand, amidst all your stvpid rantings. U dey see your life, fooool?
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by EvanniSolei: 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
alizma:
Let it spread, las las, na doctors go first die.
Once my country's government notice that the virus has spread, the two months salary will be paid and doctors will be ordered to rush back to hospital and resume treatment irrespective of low protective measures in place and voom, we start hearing of doctors EvanniSolei.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2020
Really? NUC bowed? Evidence of stupidity lies in your comment.
jaephoenix:

Hater, have you seen that the NUC finally bowed to the consultants demand, amidst all your stvpid rantings. U dey see your life, fooool?
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Fortyfifty(m): 11:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
spread, las las, na doctors go first die.
Once my country's government notice that the virus has spread, the two months salary will be paid and doctors will be ordered to rush back to hospital and resume treatment irrespective of low protective measures in place and voom, we start hearing of doctors death.[/quote]
And u are happy-; Goat
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by edoairways: 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
seniormallam:

Nobody can use corona to threaten anyone, we are all in it together......... FG should just ignore them this time.
FG shouldn't ignore them because it is risky
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by edoairways: 11:43pm On Mar 17, 2020

He said there has been salary irregularities and shortfalls since the migration to the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System by the FCTA.
ASUU has been vindicated
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by richardtimothy(m): 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2020
They don't have to do this by this time. This country
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Fortyfifty(m): 11:47pm On Mar 17, 2020
U will be the first to be infected and die. Goat
alizma:
Let it spread, las las, na doctors go first die.
Once my country's government notice that the virus has spread, the two months salary will be paid and doctors will be ordered to rush back to hospital and resume treatment irrespective of low protective measures in place and voom, we start hearing of doctors death.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Fortyfifty(m): 11:58pm On Mar 17, 2020
Including u, who is fast to judge. U think Drs are robots. Nonsense
wwwihy:
Doctors in Nigeria are the most insensitive set of human beings...strike,strike,strike and strike,,,,,No IQ of other means of achieving what they want. We have other professionals like Lawyers,Accountants, Architects, Engineers etc that never attempt to go on strike despite their poor salaries and conditions of service... But Health Workers in Nigeria are always taking advantage of human life to go on strike.

Some these ingrates are employed in public sector , but you will never see them at their duty posts, rather, they prefer illegal duties in private establishments.

God will judge everyone.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 12:04am On Mar 18, 2020
Doctors in Nigeria are just overrated, I have traveled to at least 9 different countries including UK, US, India Canada, and have seen a lot. Nigerian doctors are just great in demanding salary increase and suppressing other health care professionals and their patients. Just like pastors most persons should not have been doctors. They lack the ethics. Most of them are doctors because it is a good paying job. They never try to improve anything other than their salaries. When there is an outbreak they find reason to run or blackmail they government. I have worked on a project with a South Korean doctor and I appreciated her proactive efforts in helping their society, but in Nigeria the ones I worked with were only concerned about the money they will receive from the project. The South Korean doctor was always punctual but the Nigerian doctor was hardly punctual. Everyone wants money, true! but you should also show passion in your field and help the society. When you see an American doctor online he or she is they to pass an refreshing information on good health but Nigerian doctors they most come online to fight for salaries, fight their patients or other health care professionals. There are many Western and Asia doctors on Instagram trying to calm everyone down in world by passing factual information about Corona Virus. Nigerian doctors need proper orientation.
wwwihy:

God will judge everyone.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by vioment: 12:49am On Mar 18, 2020
Nigeria is definitely not a serious country at all.
The blame for that is due to the majority of unintelligent leaders and country people.

A country without light is a hopeless country. Is medical credibility and success not due to constant electricity, technology, and training?

I urge the doctors to stay on strike for 2 years. We are not tact at all.

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Farastein(m): 1:20am On Mar 18, 2020
Greetings Everyone;

Help Us achieve up to 5,000 votes. Thanks in anticipation.

Please, click the link below and like my short story “Tales of Jideofor” shortlisted as one of the eight finalist for GogeAfrica 20th Anniversary Writing Competition…

Please Click the link, LIKE & Share to aid my journey to the coveted price. Thank you as you do.

Also, Enjoy the read.

https://www.gogeafrica.tv/myposts_item/tales-of-jideofor-by-mokwenye-ehis-ndudi/

Earlystar698:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/382302-amidst-coronavirus-crisis-abuja-doctors-begin-strike.html
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Ohraykon: 1:29am On Mar 18, 2020
Bbbwings:
The hate for doctors is real.
Look at the mumus littered on here especially the one above me. They are used to being owed salaries.
They are not even ashamed that this is happening at the seat of government.
baskat doctor u well so
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by jaybeez: 2:04am On Mar 18, 2020
Go village, leave city or high populated density areas. Go where u fit till the soil, get small fish pond and small animals to feed yourself, family like olden times. Save money, no more unnecessary spending as you see this text, instead buy dollars, buy gold. Buy plenty vitamin c tablets too. Where this thing de go, nobody, I Repeat nobody saw it coming. It looks calm now and everything seem to be under control but not for long. Coming weeks and months you will understand but may be too late. now you still have free movement to prepare wheter your country get am or not. dont let your case be, if i know on time i for.... act fast now. stock up and find an escape plan when go u fit take survive in armagedon situtation...no joke
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by kurupt1: 3:35am On Mar 18, 2020
SouthNigerian:
Imagine the Nigerian Soldiers dropping their arms saying they are overwhelmed by boko haram fighters.
Lack of Patriotism & Passion for the job.

Mumuric Doctors!
patriotism kill you there
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by shege45: 4:51am On Mar 18, 2020
seniormallam:
No wahala na.......refuse to attend to patients and let the corona breakout .........let me see if you will dig hole and start living inside with your families.
imagine working two months and u don’t get paid
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Obason22(m): 4:56am On Mar 18, 2020
They want to run for chines virus
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 18, 2020
maasoap:

Yes, some of us are. You can be citizen of USA, UK, Italy, South Korea, China or Iran for now. Hope you will be proud of any of them for now. As far as Coronavirus is concerned, Nigeria is not doing too badly, just that a little more effort will be appreciated

Am sure there must be some concoction that your government release in the air Nigerians breath....cause almost all of you down there think and reasons the same.....
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by ignis: 7:00am On Mar 18, 2020
Naija don enter one chance.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Yngson25(m): 7:18am On Mar 18, 2020
[Rquote author=helinues post=87520722]Is this the time for this yeye Doctors to go on strike?

[/quote] yeye abi??
Wetin u Don achieve wey pass der own??
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Yngson25(m): 7:19am On Mar 18, 2020
Good
Bbbwings:
The hate for doctors is real.
Look at the mumus littered on here especially the one above me. They are used to being owed salaries.
They are not even ashamed that this is happening at the seat of government.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:
Is this the time for this yeye Doctors to go on strike?

they have not been paid for 2months, and hazard allowance is 5k in government hospitals.and non existent in others. Is 5k worth getting the coronavirus? Or dying for, when nigerian doctors in UK are dying from it.Can you die for 5k?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Helpless Accident Victim At National Hospital Abuja / Covid-19: My Tale Of 3 Cities - Evelyn John, A Nigerian Student In Wuhan, China / Chinese Baby Born With 16 Toes (Pics)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62