Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis (28560 Views)

Resident Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike / Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment / Ogun Doctors Begin Strike Today Over Welfare Package (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
As in ehh, the thing dey vex me die... Next thing you'll hear is"he made a statement through his media spokesman Adeshina or the other idiat Shehu"... My own is, our president no get mouth? Abi him no Sabi talk?... Damn.

Abalado:
I still wonder if we still have president in this country or something,, he wont say anything, the next thing u hear now is am not aware.... We don enter one chance I swear
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by ogbuefi677(m): 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
michoim:
They are only after money. Lack patriotism...what a shame on practitioners of medical profession in Abuja...let them go on forever strike, God is helping us here in Nigeria against Coronavirus with or without them...
You've refused to see anything wrong with govt owing the doctors since January?
Have you ever heard that govt is owing senators, ministers,staff of presidency,etc?
But they can afford to toy with doctors who are in the frontlines of fighting all manner of diseases including this Corona virus ravaging the world.
Do you know how many doctors that have died from Tuberculosis,Hepatitis,Lassa fever and other communicable diseases which they all got from their patients?
May God have mercy on you with this your type of reasoning. Amen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
kcowen:

We all know the government aren't thiefs , my point is it shouldn't be now..if they had gone on strike earlier it would have been better but God forbids if we have to fight this virus where do we go
Speaking out of experience I lost my mum because of this, she had ♋ cancer and has been going for her chemo at LUTH, she was due for another session of chemo that was when the doctors decided to go on a strike and we lost her

Sorry for the loss bro but blame it on bad government. If they are paid they would't have gone on strike. We should talk of how to pay workers. For Christ sake these people have families but the useless politicians are there demanding exotic cars

1 Like

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2020
So sorry for your loss..

kcowen:

We all know the government aren't thiefs , my point is it shouldn't be now..if they had gone on strike earlier it would have been better but God forbids if we have to fight this virus where do we go
Speaking out of experience I lost my mum because of this, she had ♋ cancer and has been going for her chemo at LUTH, she was due for another session of chemo that was when the doctors decided to go on a strike and we lost her
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Jman06(m): 8:04pm On Mar 17, 2020
All the while I have been raising alarm about the poor state of our health sector, some people thought I was complaining because I hate Buhari.

Now, Coronavirus will teach you all some lessons and I pray that those that would survive the pandemic would learn how to be proactive and not reactive in dealing with issues relating to healthcare.

Imagine owing health workers salary! Where else is it done if not in a hellhole called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Kimzo: 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
As much as I will fault the FG, I can't just ignore the insensitivity of these doctors, probably they forget going on strike won't force the hand of this our FG to yield to their demands, or no be Buhari again ni
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by enemyofprogress: 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
Some human beans especially doctors are just very wicked
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by enemyofprogress: 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2020
Kimzo:
As much as I will fault the FG, I can't just ignore the insensitivity of these doctors, probably they forget going on strike won't force the hand of this our FG to yield to their demands, or no be Buhari again ni
don't mind them
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by kcowen(m): 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Sorry for the loss bro but blame it on bad government. If they are paid they would't have gone on strike. We should talk of how to pay workers. For Christ sake these people have families but the useless politicians are there demanding exotic cars
I understand I also blamed the government most especially I have already given up on the government but I think the profession "Doctor" are called to serve.. Patient first.. I think maybe after the outbreak they can go on their propose strike...
I pray you don't have someone in your family who needs medical attention and the hospital are close
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
seniormallam:

Nobody can use corona to threaten anyone, we are all in it together......... FG should just ignore them this time.

Stop talking like someone with so much hate within. A labourer is due his wages. Tell your useless govt to pay them. As you buy things from the market, that is how a doctor buys things from the market. They don't give him things free in the market because he is a doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by pacespot(m): 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2020
Everybody is taking advantage of the other person in this country. The doctors know that this is time that government needs them most, so they are using it to press for their demands.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Jaybye: 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2020
JOHESU tried fighting for their rights the other day, Adewole, Ngige and their co-med 'goons' ensured their members were punished by applying and enforcing the "No Work, No Pay" decree.
Let's hope 'some people' will not be treated as "sacred cows" this time around. But oh!.. we know the end of it all already from the start, their salaries will be paid in full when all has been said and done.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by EvangelistChuks(m): 8:34pm On Mar 17, 2020
The wickedness of the wicked.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by engrelvis(m): 8:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
Sabicleaners:
No doctors on ground in General hospitals since this morning.
Good thing, the Western countries have shut their doors to outsiders. No one is going anywhere to seek for treatment. All politicians would have to remain here and enjoy the poor health care system as the masses.
d govtment/politicians taught dey were doing us....by nt equipping our hospitals.well we r all in dis together now.Nobody is going anywhere
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by RichBoy247: 9:01pm On Mar 17, 2020
peacettw:
Personally, I don't think any right thinking doctor should attend to anyone from henceforth. We are not martyrs.

Nothing in the hospitals suggest any proactive measures being put in place against this virus. Why put ourselves at risk?

Just look at our government's decisions so far. Who lets people in from other countries with the virus just because you think it isn't necessary to ban them? Under what premise? What sort of idiots are running this country?

No worry nah, when Corona epidemic breaks out make you and your family carry una self go for Jupiter or Venus. We all die here. Money hungry saboteurs, extortionists, oppressors and sexual predators. Thunder fire all of you.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by CrazyOptimist: 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
SouthNigerian:
Imagine the Nigerian Soldiers dropping their arms saying they are overwhelmed by boko haram fighters.

Mumuric Doctors!

See your life..
Honestly you lack a functional brain.
You are just carrying an empty skull.
No content

1 Like

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by stasius: 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
kaludestiny10:
My brother, forget those people with low IQ.
Buhari has been collecting his salary even when he is not performing. Why then owe the people that are sacrificing their own life for the populise.

They all have very low IQ my brother.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by stasius: 9:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
ogbuefi677:

You've refused to see anything wrong with govt owing the doctors since January?
Have you ever heard that govt is owing senators, ministers,staff of presidency,etc?
But they can afford to toy with doctors who are in the frontlines of fighting all manner of diseases including this Corona virus ravaging the world.
Do you know how many doctors that have died from Tuberculosis,Hepatitis,Lassa fever and other communicable diseases which they all got from their patients?
May God have mercy on you with this your type of reasoning. Amen

YOU don't need to beg God to have mercy on him. He is An IDIOT!
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by stasius: 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2020
enemyofprogress:
Some human beans especially doctors are just very wicked

Your name is a good reply for you!
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by stasius: 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2020
Meninmen:

Stop talking like someone with so much hate within. A labourer is due his wages. Tell your useless govt to pay them. As you buy things from the market, that is how a doctor buys things from the market. They don't give him things free in the market because he is a doctor.

My brother leave the IDIOT. Till Corona start ravaging this country, he will know the importance of health workers!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by luluman: 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2020
seniormallam:
No wahala na.......refuse to attend to patients and let the corona breakout .........let me see if you will dig hole and start living inside with your families.
I'm with you on this
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by luluman: 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
tot:

How fair is it that people will work and not be paid? Haba!!

I hope Buhari knows that he is at the mercy of Nigerian doctors now that coronavirus has circumvented his usual medical trips.
And you dont think the Doctors family are at the mercy of Nigerians? Because if Corona virus hit any of them we will just quarantine them for ever.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by blowjohn(m): 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
peacettw:
Personally, I don't think any right thinking doctor should attend to anyone from henceforth. We are not martyrs.

Nothing in the hospitals suggest any proactive measures being put in place against this virus. Why put ourselves at risk?

Just look at our government's decisions so far. Who lets people in from other countries with the virus just because you think it isn't necessary to ban them? Under what premise? What sort of idiots are running this country?

Omo this thing pain me die.
Aswear if I see any patient with funny symptoms I go japa.
Last last I go go open shop.
They are mad!
No kits for safety.
Bastards

1 Like

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by luluman: 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
Abalado:
so are u blaming them ni,,, or is buhari and Osunbade too going to dig hole and be living there ni, abegi
You still dont know the name of your vice President?
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
Bbbwings:

There are better ways to manage this.
Or are you ready for the definite astronomical inflation this will cause? We produce nada in this country.
Prices have even gone up right now.
I think banning human movement and food importation are different things.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by peacettw: 9:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
RichBoy247:

No worry nah, when Corona epidemic breaks out make you and your family carry una self go for Jupiter or Venus. We all die here. Money hungry saboteurs, extortionists, oppressors and sexual predators. Thunder fire all of you.

Pained much. At least this way when the virus comes, we all will have an equal risk of dying which I think is only fair except of course when thunder is added to the mix.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by peacettw: 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2020
blowjohn:

Omo this thing pain me die.
Aswear if I see any patient with funny symptoms I go japa.
Last last I go go open shop.
They are mad!
No kits for safety.
Bastards

Do not for one moment feel guilty or ashamed for wanting to save your life and that of your loved ones in this war that is threatening to ravage the world.

A nation that doesn't fight for you is not worth sacrificing your body and mind for. Your allegiance is to yourself and your family. Always remember that. God's grace

1 Like

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by maasoap(m): 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
Bbbwings:
The hate for doctors is real.
Look at the mumus littered on here especially the one above me. They are used to being owed salaries.
They are not even ashamed that this is happening at the seat of government.

I understand you perfectly. But I'm still skeptical about the two months salary mentioned up there! Federal government owing medical doctors two months salary?
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by maasoap(m): 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2020
Sabicleaners:
No doctors on ground in General hospitals since this morning.
Good thing, the Western countries have shut their doors to outsiders. No one is going anywhere to seek for treatment. All politicians would have to remain here and enjoy the poor health care system as the masses.

Believe me, there are top notch private hospitals in Nigeria. I just don't understand why our politicians and the rest love travelling for medical tourism
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Charly68: 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
Baba dey inside the other room,even if you knock the door,he won't open for you so if you like strike till 2023 nothing will happen
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by maasoap(m): 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2020
Abalado:
so are u blaming them ni,,, or is buhari and Osunbade too going to dig hole and be living there ni, abegi

Stop spelling someone's name wrongly, it's childish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Preventing Gas Explosions At Homes And Plants / Sachet Water: Strange Disease In Kano, Many Hospitalized / Delta Polytechnic Student Rescued After Attempting Suicide By Jumping Into River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.