Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis (28294 Views)

Nigerian Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Amidst Buhari’s Medical Tour / Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment / Ogun Doctors Begin Strike Today Over Welfare Package (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by maasoap(m): 7:25am On Mar 18, 2020
ezenwajosh:

Am sure there must be some concoction that your government release in the air Nigerians breath....cause almost all of you down there think and reasons the same.....

All these is because you couldn't see beyond the cartilage of your nose. If at this stage, we're just having a third case out of which one is negative, I would rather commend the government rather than abusing them. I don't blame you, many of you enjoy doing that
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by maasoap(m): 7:32am On Mar 18, 2020
peacettw:

You really can't be that naive and believe it or not, we have incompetent and intellectually crippled people manning this country aka idiots.

No patient simply walks into designated centres that manage "potential cases". Instead they present first in hospitals, clinics and health centers not "dedicated" for it from which they are referred. Now, can you imagine the legion of contacts that will be exposed to this patient with the virus before referral, who in turn will transmit it to other patients, their families etc? This virus is novel, seemingly synthesized with no cure in site and here you are sieving grammar.

You're the naive one here, friend. How could expect the government to equip all the hospitals to deal with Coronavirus? Was that done anywhere in the world?

In case my message is not properly understood, let me reiterate. I am encouraging any doctor and health worker out there without the proper protocol and kit for managing this virus to simply abstain from suspected cases due to concerns over protection of life. You can instead contact the op here to personally transport the patient to dedicated centers.

See now, I forced you to use your sense at last. Was that not what government said? Was that not the standard guideline since the outbreak of the virus? It spread among the doctors in China because they didn't suspect the virus over a long period of time and because of that, they didn't take adequate precautions, not for the lack of kits and equipment
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:36am On Mar 18, 2020
wwwihy:
Doctors in Nigeria are the most insensitive set of human beings...strike,strike,strike and strike,,,,,No IQ of other means of achieving what they want. We have other professionals like Lawyers,Accountants, Architects, Engineers etc that never attempt to go on strike despite their poor salaries and conditions of service... But Health Workers in Nigeria are always taking advantage of human life to go on strike.

Some these ingrates are employed in public sector , but you will never see them at their duty posts, rather, they prefer illegal duties in private establishments.

God will judge everyone.

Animal, when last did you work for months without a salary??
And when was the last time you offered free goods and services to someone just because he or she is a doctor?
Do people like you ever realise that these people have families to take care of, as well as other huge responsibilities, just like every other Nigerian?
For your information, people don't usually start with strike actions as their first line of action. They usually start with negotiations and ultimatum lasting for about 21 days. If the ultimatum ends without your unconcerned government doing anything reasonable, dk you expect them to postpone their already scheduled strike action just because there's coronavirus in town?
It's you Nigerian masses that are insensitive and very selfish.
Anyway, I still blame Nigerian doctors still functioning in that useless environment. They're the ones doing uh and your clueless government a favour by working in your poorly equipped public sector.
For your information, many, including me have happily resigned from your so-called public sector to travel to and work where our services are needed and appreciated, and where the citizens have regard for those serving them.
Whenever I decide to return to Nigeria, I'll never ever go close to any of your poorly equipped and staffed dilapidated buildings called public hospitals.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by peacettw: 7:41am On Mar 18, 2020
maasoap:

You're the naive one here, friend. How could expect the government to equip all the hospitals to deal with Coronavirus? Was that done anywhere in the world?

See now, I forced you to use your sense at last. Was that not what government said? Was that not the standard guideline since the outbreak of the virus? It spread among the doctors in China because they didn't suspect the virus over a long period of time and because of that, they didn't take adequate precautions, not for the lack of kits and equipment

Wait, wait, wait. Slow down cos you seem to be all over the place. So, in summary, you do agree with me that without the basic tools like face masks and say sanitizers, doctors should stay clear of all suspected cases?
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:03am On Mar 18, 2020
Correcto:
Doctors in Nigeria are just overrated, I have traveled to at least 9 different countries including UK, US, India Canada, and have seen a lot. Nigerian doctors are just great in demanding salary increase and suppressing other health care professionals and their patients. Just like pastors most persons should not have been doctors. They lack the ethics. Most of them are doctors because it is a good paying job. They never try to improve anything other than their salaries. When there is an outbreak they find reason to run or blackmail they government. I have worked on a project with a South Korean doctor and I appreciated her proactive efforts in helping their society, but in Nigeria the ones I worked with were only concerned about the money they will receive from the project. The South Korean doctor was always punctual but the Nigerian doctor was hardly punctual. Everyone wants money, true! but you should also show passion in your field and help the society. When you see an American doctor online he or she is they to pass an refreshing information on good health but Nigerian doctors they most come online to fight for salaries, fight their patients or other health care professionals. There are many Western and Asia doctors on Instagram trying to calm everyone down in world by passing factual information about Corona Virus. Nigerian doctors need proper orientation.

Those of us that work abroad also do the same. Where I work, i'm even more punctual than the cleaner, and do the cleaning by myself happily some of the times. There's no such thing as owing of salaries, when most hospitals even pay on the 15th of every month. You fail to realise the environment is not the same. It's very very difficult to function sanely in the Nigerian environment. In overseas, you work in an environment already equipped by the government with a very good maintenance culture; it's not the doctor that provide facilities for the hospitals, contrary to what most of you Nigerians think.
Concerning information dissemination, have you ever seen a foreign national contradicts what their doctors pass to them? In Nigeria, everyone is a doctor and claims to know even more than the ones trained in the profession. Go through this health section, and see numerous claims and posts on how one herbal treatment or the other cures every disease in the world. In which other country do you have such rubbish? Such practices and beliefs significantly affect medical practice in Nigeria. It's very very frustrating for a doctor to satisfactorily function well in a Nigerian environment. I have great pity for those still working there.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2020
seniormallam:
No wahala na.......refuse to attend to patients and let the corona breakout .........let me see if you will dig hole and start living inside with your families.
Lolsssss, Naija no get joy at all
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 18, 2020
cant blame em, they re the most expised to infection risk, also no PPE for them, FG should have paid their salaries.

I hate the way doctors are treated here, they re reduced to beggars, its to bad for our health system.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by AFONJACOW(m): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2020
Before nko, Dem go chop sand With the money buhari claimed he recovered should be use and settle them nah... Buhari is the biggest scam of the century
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by unekwu212: 9:19am On Mar 18, 2020
Jokers
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Novice1(m): 10:14am On Mar 18, 2020
Heartless bunch. Just trying to use the corona to extort money from government
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by jaephoenix(m): 11:23am On Mar 18, 2020
Correcto:
Really? NUC bowed? Evidence of stupidity lies in your comment.
Yes. They bowed to MDCAN demands and they came back to the classroom. Do u have a different news, hater?
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by jaephoenix(m): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2020
Correcto:
Doctors in Nigeria are just overrated, I have traveled to at least 9 different countries including UK, US, India Canada, and have seen a lot. Nigerian doctors are just great in demanding salary increase and suppressing other health care professionals and their patients. Just like pastors most persons should not have been doctors. They lack the ethics. Most of them are doctors because it is a good paying job. They never try to improve anything other than their salaries. When there is an outbreak they find reason to run or blackmail they government. I have worked on a project with a South Korean doctor and I appreciated her proactive efforts in helping their society, but in Nigeria the ones I worked with were only concerned about the money they will receive from the project. The South Korean doctor was always punctual but the Nigerian doctor was hardly punctual. Everyone wants money, true! but you should also show passion in your field and help the society. When you see an American doctor online he or she is they to pass an refreshing information on good health but Nigerian doctors they most come online to fight for salaries, fight their patients or other health care professionals. There are many Western and Asia doctors on Instagram trying to calm everyone down in world by passing factual information about Corona Virus. Nigerian doctors need proper orientation.
Noted, hater
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 11:27am On Mar 18, 2020
After reading your comment, I only see you that you are saying a different thing. See some Nigerians earn and have a good work space yet their professionalism is almost zero, especially in government owned org. I hope you know medical consultants or professors earn good? I have worked with at least three in Nigeria on a project which every one is paid well and in $, but honestly their work ethics is quite poor, making one of them losing his contact. I have seen alot but I can't just explain to you. I wish I record my chats with them and play here without disclosing their identity. This is not about the good work space or money. You sound just like the example I made, you focus so much on money than your profession. See stop using good life abroad to be unprofessional. Work with what you have and give the client or patient the best you can in that poorly equipped space.
ChybuzzDD:

Those of us that work abroad also do the same. Where I work, i'm even more punctual than the cleaner, and do the cleaning by myself happily some of the times. There's no such thing as owing of salaries, when most hospitals even pay on the 15th of every month. You fail to realise the environment is not the same. It's very very difficult to function sanely in the Nigerian environment. In overseas, you work in an environment already equipped by the government with a very good maintenance culture; it's not the doctor that provide facilities for the hospitals, contrary to what most of you Nigerians think.
Concerning information dissemination, have you ever seen a foreign national contradicts what their doctors pass to them? In Nigeria, everyone is a doctor and claims to know even more than the ones trained in the profession. Go through this health section, and see numerous claims and posts on how one herbal treatment or the other cures every disease in the world. In which other country do you have such rubbish? Such practices and beliefs significantly affect medical practice in Nigeria. It's very very frustrating for a doctor to satisfactorily function well in a Nigerian environment. I have great pity for those still working there.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 11:27am On Mar 18, 2020
Who cares
jaephoenix:
Noted, hater
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 11:29am On Mar 18, 2020
Lol please face your lectures. Try to get a life. Learn to choose words carefully.
jaephoenix:

Yes. They bowed to MDCAN demands and they came back to the classroom. Do u have a different news, hater?
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by jaephoenix(m): 11:35am On Mar 18, 2020
Correcto:
After reading your comment, I only see you that you are saying a different thing. See some Nigerians earn and have a good work space yet their professionalism is almost zero, especially in government owned org. I hope you know medical consultants or professors earn good? I have worked with at least three in Nigeria on a project which every one is paid well and in $, but honestly their work ethics is quite poor, making one of them losing his contact. I have seen alot but I can't just explain to you. I wish I record my chats with them and play here without disclosing their identity. This is not about the good work space or money. You sound just like the example I made, you focus so much on money than your profession. See stop using good life abroad to be unprofessional. Work with what you have and give the client or patient the best you can in that poorly equipped space.
So cos you have met some lazy doc, that makes the remaining thousands lazy. I see you r brainy
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 11:40am On Mar 18, 2020
Yes I must admit there are wonderful doctors and forgive me that I focused so much on the negative ones.
jaephoenix:

So cos you have met some lazy doc, that makes the remaining thousands lazy. I see you r brainy
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by jaephoenix(m): 11:47am On Mar 18, 2020
Correcto:
Who cares
I do. Cos I remember you distinctly spilling bile on that thread where MDCAN members went on strike, calling doctors all sorts of name, and saying NUC shouldnt bow to them. Even said if you r the president, you'd sack all the doctors blah blah blah, and employ foreign ones. So obviously I'm looking at you now NUC bowed. Bofffffffffoon
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by jaephoenix(m): 11:48am On Mar 18, 2020
Correcto:
Lol please face your lectures. Try to get a life. Learn to choose words carefully.
I have no patient now, hater. 14 years post grad. So stuff your lectures where the sun don't shine
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 11:51am On Mar 18, 2020
Lol, try to graduate first o. These topics ain't for you yet.
jaephoenix:

I have no patient now, hater. 14 years post grad. So stuff your lectures where the sun don't shine
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 11:54am On Mar 18, 2020
Lol the fluctuation of your stupidity can kill an erection. If you need my mention again kindly paste the agreement between both parties here.
jaephoenix:

I do. Cos I remember you distinctly spilling bile on that thread where MDCAN members went on strike, calling doctors all sorts of name, and saying NUC shouldnt bow to them. Even said if you r the president, you'd sack all the doctors blah blah blah, and employ foreign ones. So obviously I'm looking at you now NUC bowed. Bofffffffffoon
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by jaephoenix(m): 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
Correcto:
Lol the fluctuation of your stupidity can kill an erection. If you need my mention again kindly paste the agreement between both parties here.
Since I don't know, paste the agreement here. Did NUC stick to their former position or they changed? So in effect, who win?
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
You are just a childish clown! Obviously a lazy human. You don't deserve my time.
jaephoenix:

Since I don't know, paste the agreement here. Did NUC stick to their former position or they changed? So in effect, who win?
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Teasyy: 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
ogbuefi677:

You've refused to see anything wrong with govt owing the doctors since January?
Have you ever heard that govt is owing senators, ministers,staff of presidency,etc?
But they can afford to toy with doctors who are in the frontlines of fighting all manner of diseases including this Corona virus ravaging the world.
Do you know how many doctors that have died from Tuberculosis,Hepatitis,Lassa fever and other communicable diseases which they all got from their patients?
May God have mercy on you with this your type of reasoning. Amen
[s]
ogbuefi677:

Have you ever heard that govt is owing senators, ministers,staff of presidency,etc?
But they can afford to toy with doctors who are in the frontlines of fighting all manner of diseases including this Corona virus ravaging the world.
Do you know how many doctors that have died from Tuberculosis,Hepatitis,Lassa fever and other communicable diseases which they all got from their patients?
[/s]
ogbuefi677:

My dear, Nigerians are the most amazing people I have ever seen.
You will hear them talking about Doctors in other countries, meanwhile those countries never owe their Doctors a dime. How can people expect doctors to put themselves at risk, working day in day out, yet government owes them salaries. senators and politicians are never owed their allowances yet people who expose themselves to risk everyday are owed salaries and Nigerians rather than attack the careless government attacks the Doctors. You need to see how some Nigerians treat even their own relatives when they come to hospital and find out the relative has a contagious ailment, some even abandon their relatives for the doctors and health workers so that they don't contact the disease. But the doctor exposes his/ herself to all that risk, spends sleepless nights in the hospital, yet they are owed salaries... and clueless Nigerians blame the doctors rather than the government.
well, my joy is that every day doctors are leaving this country in their numbers. Nigerian doctors are by far the most sought after doctors all over the world, and they are well paid out side the shores of this country, so let these clueless "doctor haters" remain here talking nonsense, it's them that I pity as most of them can't even afford a decent meal talk more of medical tourism.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Giantess: 12:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
Insensitive people angry
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Teasyy: 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2020
Correcto:
Please just sack all of them, these guys are becoming useless. They go on strike at every single opportunity. They are tired of the profession. Sack them all. I know as a president I won't tolerate this.

I read your comment and I couldn't stop laughing. it only shows how deficient you are of accurate information. in other words "you never know wetin time dey talk yet"
The ratio of Doctor to patient in Nigeria is currently 1 doctor to 6000 patients... meaning there are not enough doctors for patients, why because the doctors are leaving this useless country to practice outside the shores of this country where their welfare is paramount. As it stands now... patients tend to sit for long in some facilities waiting to see doctors because they are few doctors. so my dear, No Jupiter can wake up and Sack doctors in Nigeria, sorry to burst your bubble.

Do you know what it means working without salaries.?
I don't mean office work where you sit and cross your legs, I mean working and getting exposed to HIV, Lassa, Hepatitis, ...etc... then at the end of the month your salary is not paid? You then sit there and say they have no passion? Will passion feed you, pay your bills? You're making senseless comments. May God help you.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2020
The number thing on list say it all. Most of you should be mechanics. I have got no time to counter and explain your trash
Teasyy:

I read your comment and I couldn't stop laughing. it only shows how deficient you are of accurate information. in other words "you never know wetin time dey talk yet"
The ratio of Doctor to patient in Nigeria is currently 1 doctor to 6000 patients... meaning there are not enough doctors for patients, why because the doctors are leaving this useless country to practice outside the shores of this country where their welfare is paramount. As it stands now... patients tend to sit for long in some facilities waiting to see doctors because they are few doctors. so my dear, No Jupiter can wake up and Sack doctors in Nigeria, sorry to burst your bubble.

I don't mean office work where you sit and cross your legs, I mean working and getting exposed to HIV, Lassa, Hepatitis, ...etc... then at the end of the month your salary is not paid? You then sit there and say they have no passion? Will passion feed you, pay your bills? You're making senseless comments. May God help you.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by blackboy(m): 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2020
What is the problem with IPPS. ASUU is complaining. Now doctors. FGN should look at it well.
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 12:53pm On Mar 18, 2020
First the person who came with the ratio figure is a clown and obviously try to push an agenda. See the researcher of those figures is corrupt. Doctors keep leaving the country yet many doctors are still unemployed. Cut the crap, I know the realities on ground. Have you wondered why western countries hardly believe or double check our researches. An average Nigerian researcher has no research ethics including those in the medical space. See you think you can impress with these figures, try do that with novices not me. If I ask for the type of research or research design that produced those figures, you will deviate. See Goan sleep. Your first question say a lot about the profession. Peace!!!
Teasyy:

Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Teasyy: 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2020
Correcto:
First the person who came with the ratio figure is a clown and obviously try to push an agenda. See the researcher of those figures is corrupt. Doctors keep leaving the country yet many doctors are still unemployed. Cut the crap, I know the realities on ground. Have you wondered why western countries hardly believe or double check our researches. An average Nigerian researcher has no research ethics including those in the medical space. See you think you can impress with these figures, try do that with novices not me. If I ask for the type of research or research design that produced those figures, you will deviate. See Goan sleep. Your first question say a lot about the profession. Peace!!!

I keep saying it... Your comments Show you lack enough facts. You're one of those people who argue blindly. My dear, it is not a person that did the research OK. It is WHO and other high ranking research, including research conducted by BBC. Of course they will always be unemployed doctors that is because the government will rather embezzle money than committing money into health care and employ doctors.
Meanwhile, you have an Android phone don't just use it to type comments without facts... Even google can help you, the facts are there. Not to mention the fact that Nigerian doctors pass the foreign exams more than the whites themselves... And they land juicy jobs where they are paid over 20 times what they earn here and are never owed a dime. Most of the doctors You See here are on their way out already. When you start working and coming in contact with real health hazards, Viruses, bacteria etc that can kill you or even be transmitted through you to your family and you're still owed salaries on top of that, then you can make comments that lack wisdom. Till then, doctors are indispensable and should be treated as such. Sorry if it doesn't sit well with you or any other clueless Nigerian but that is the way it is. Only a fool will support people to work and not get paid for their services. Peace too
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by Correcto: 1:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
Provide a link for the research and I will show the flaws
Teasyy:

I keep saying it... Your comments Show you lack enough facts. You're one of those people who argue blindly. My dear, it is not a person that did the research OK. It is WHO and other high ranking research, including research conducted by BBC. Of course they will always be unemployed doctors that is because the government will rather embezzle money than committing money into health care and employ doctors.
Meanwhile, you have an Android phone don't just use it to type comments without facts... Even google can help you, the facts are there. Not to mention the fact that Nigerian doctors pass the foreign exams more than the whites themselves... And they land juicy jobs where they are paid over 20 times what they earn here and are never owed a dime. Most of the doctors You See here are on their way out already. When you start working and coming in contact with real health hazards, Viruses, bacteria etc that can kill you or even be transmitted through you to your family and you're still owed salaries on top of that, then you can make comments that lack wisdom. Till then, doctors are indispensable and should be treated as such. Sorry if it doesn't sit well with you or any other clueless Nigerian but that is the way it is. Only a fool will support people to work and not get paid for their services. Peace too
Re: Abuja Doctors Begin Strike, Amidst Coronavirus Crisis by jaephoenix(m): 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
Correcto:
You are just a childish clown! Obviously a lazy human. You don't deserve my time.
Bros, leave insult and answer. Why did the MDCAN call off the strike. Oya read the communique. Pay attention to Number 3 and 4, doctor hater

NUC And Consultant Doctors Reach Agreement Over Academic Requirements*

Dear NEC Member and colleagues,

RE- FELLOWSHIP VERSUS PHD CRISIS

Following the intervention of the Chairman, House Committee on Health and the House Committees on Healthcare Services and Tertiary Education, a mediation meeting was brokered between the MDCAN and NUC. Initial discussions which commenced in plenary on Tuesday 3rd of March, 2020 and continued at committee level on Wednesday 4th of March, 2020. Present at the meeting today were the representatives of the House Committees on Healthcare Services and House Committee on Tertiary Education, NUC team led by the ES, Prof. Rasheed Ibrahim, the Chairman Committee of VCs, Chairman Committee of Provosts of Colleges of Medicine, Representative of the Registrar MDCN, Representative of the NPMCN, President of NMA and the MDCAN team led by the President.

At the end of the meeting, the following resolutions were reached:
1.That the Fellowship is the highest qualification for clinical specialists and remains the qualification for employment for clinical lecturers into the University (Lecturer I)

2.That the PhD is the highest academic qualification in the University

3.That the possession of PhD by clinical lecturers is voluntary and optional

4.That non- possession of PhD will not hinder the clinical lecturer from being promoted from one rank to the other up to the level of Professor in the Nigerian University system

5.That the NUC circular of 24th December 2019 creates room for wrongful interpretation to mean that those without PhD will not enjoy career progression and is to be therefore replaced by a fresh circular without such ambiguity
In the course of the discussion, a lot of technical issues arose surrounding the relative roles of key stakeholders such as the Universities, NPMCN and the MDCN.

It was agreed that the NUC should issue a fresh document to correct the impression created by the previous circular especially with respect to points 4 & 5 above, and an appeal was made to MDCAN to call of its strike (withdrawal of services) while discussions will continue concerning sundry matters affecting consultants at the committee level.
Consequently, the NUC has availed us of a fresh document today to supersede the previous one correcting the wrong impressions earlier created.
We have however clearly impressed on the committee that NEC is the only organ of the Association with the powers to take decisions on the strike. It is the belief of NOC that sufficient progress has been made to warrant an emergency NEC to examine the offer at hand, analyze the matters arising and re- strategize on the way forward.
Notice for an emergency NEC meeting will be sent for Saturday, 7th March, 2020 in Abuja. NEC members are strongly urged to attend as there are more issues emerging which are of interest to MDCAN beyond the current PhD issue.

Thank you,

Signed
Prof. Ken Ozoilo Dr. M. P. Chingle
President Secretary General

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bad Mouth Odour And Persistent Headache. Help! / Chinese Baby Born With 16 Toes (Pics) / Lady Recounts How Carelessness Made Her Lose Her Partner At FMC, Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.