Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? (37063 Views)

NIMC: National ID Card Replacement Costs N5,000 / National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by condralbedez: 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2020
DenreleDave:
Did mine since 2015 Dec... No pekem till now.

Obiano and kerosene sharing governor has embezzled the whole money for national ID card to build anambra.....

Mind you, I am from Enugu, deep Enugu boy okay... So I know what am saying

I am more igbotic than u.. So don't claim igbo and say I am wrong
is obiano the Governor of Enugu state,why don't talk of your Governor, deep Enugu boy with female profile
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Ojiofor: 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2020
I applied since 2014 till no show and I have to spend thousands of naira when i wanted to renew my international passport to correct an error in the said audio national ID.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by omoadeleye(m): 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2020
They have not released the funds for it
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Ykc2(m): 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The ID is being delayed till when it's going to be useful

They need to link all your datas together and link all you banks together
And include your biometrics

And even insert microchip Which you can use at am ATM
You should be getting it before the year runs out
defender of government please why is it there is no booklet for passport at moment what happend?
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Powersurge: 12:34pm On Mar 18, 2020
YorubaKinging:

What nonsense are you talking about. Do you have any knowledge of IT at all? Since 2014 my card is not ready you are there saying linking.

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by MAE5: 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
YorubaKinging:

I know all this link up will be needed and it will take time.. But how sure are you about getting it before the year ends..
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by izora: 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
I got a text just 2 days ago to come for collection after 7 yrs.

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by olasaad(f): 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2020
[quote author=YorubaKinging post=87546772]The ID is being delayed till when it's going to be useful

[/quote)

Lol when most of your card don expire. I did mine in 2015 and the expiry date is 2020.

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by helinues: 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
Brai777:
You must present your NIN to obtain the new passport. Nigeria immigration service will not even treat your passport application/request. I just renew my passport this February 2020

The new passport has NIN field and it is printed just below the passport numbers

The NIN supposed to be on the slip they usually issue or?
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Citytrend: 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
YorubaKinging:

My Brother I hate shameless people. Because I'm sure you are not a dump
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by dayolove: 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2020
yesloaded:

Applied in 2008 and I even paid for it at local government Secretariat but ,12yrs after my ID card is not here

That must be the old ID project you are referring to as this present one is not upto 12 years old. it started in 2012. so you need to go register the new one

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Tastemoney(m): 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2020
DenreleDave:

Obiano and kerosene sharing governor has embezzled the whole money for national ID card to build anambra.....

what are you doing with a female monicker?
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Brai777(m): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
Yeah the NIN is on the slip or you can dial *346# on the phone number you gave during your NIN registration to get the NIN. You can tender the numbers whenever and wherever required.

The physical plastic cards will probably take forever to obtain

helinues:

The NIN supposed to be in the slip they usually issue or?
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by persius555(m): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
YorubaKinging:

And you need four years to do this?

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Chamber2000: 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2020
DenreleDave:

You do bitcoin business and your alternate is toyorhsih and you enjoy tribalism. Trust me we are friends offline but I'm just thinking of how low you are dragging yourself down.

This your latest antics is dangerous because it's not a girl fight when those Anambra tribal legends come for you. Your private life might be read online

Stay out from this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Captainrambo2: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2020
Starboytwo:
na you useless
your fada
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by DenreleDave(m): 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
Chamber2000:
You do bitcoin business and your alternate is toyorhsih and you enjoy tribalism. Trust me we are friends offline but I'm just thinking of how low you are dragging yourself down.

This your latest antics is dangerous because it's not a girl fight when those Anambra tribal legends come for you. Your private life might be read online

Stay out from this
Bros no worry.. After all my igbo frnd said we are good offline. This one na online rant
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Jubilancy(f): 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
I applied for mine since 2016 dec up till now
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by MisterGrace: 1:01pm On Mar 18, 2020
YorubaKinging:

Lies! I did mine in 2014 and up till now, it is not ready.

3 Likes

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Princeton92(m): 1:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
5years now, I'm yet to get my NIMC
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by miqos02(m): 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
Citytrend:
I got my new Atm Card within hours and my National ID card in 4 years.

My question is among these two cards which is more Complex and sensitive?

Do You Blame it on government incompetence or Technology?
it's being delayed for political reasons, if everyone have it, rigging will be very hard and also we will know our real population (decode this)

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by govomotors: 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
We are waiting after all I have been waiting since 2013 for my NID card.

YorubaKinging:

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Burruchaga71(m): 1:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
Many people that apply the ID have passed on

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Sammyblaq(m): 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
Somto is 9years 2day... I applied for the ID before dem born am.

Forgotten sontyn.

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by BalogunIdowu(m): 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
YorubaKinging:

Something that I have done since 2014 and I am here still carrying temporary about.
I followed Thier online platform to track the state of it but all na just trash.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Chamber2000: 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2020
DenreleDave:

Bros no worry.. After all my igbo frnd said we are good offline. This one na online rant
How can you have igbo friends offline and come online to insult the same Igbos. Don't you think it's so low of you?

Think about it. You are better than this
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by SoNature(m): 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
itzprezy:
Applied in 2016..not still ready now

I applied in 2013 and got it in 2019

Honestly, why things don't work in Nigeria is beyond logic

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by thundafire: 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2020
My own na dem even call me,say dey are tired of dey card been in der office,dat I should tell dem my current location and it will be sent der dis is after 4 years

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by apach4ever(m): 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2020
The reason behind the delay is simple economics. The cards are of the prepaid variety and a bank thought it would be good business for them to corner the market and partner with NIMC to issue the cards alone and bear the cost of production. The thinking was that if every Nigerian gets the card and loads it with just N1,000 they will suddenly have N200bn in additional deposits.

Instead of them to partner with other banks, they wanted to reap the potential benefits alone. Unfortunately, once the initial batch of cards were produced, Nigerians used them only as a form of ID and did not load funds on them or use them as payment cards from where transaction fees can be charged so the poor bank had a deep hole in their pocket with no benefit so they stopped producing.

Now other banks having seen that the business doesn't make sense are wary to take up the mandate with NIMC which is why NIMC also announced that once your card expires, it will cost N1,000 to replace it.

My take is simple, NIMC should charge anyone that wants the physical card for the cost of production because it will be hard to find any bank that will willingly do Father Christmas in this day and age especially when even NIMC's account is with CBN's TSA.

3 Likes

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by biggy26: 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:
In Nigeria, it is advisable to obtain Nigeria passport than wasting time in applying for National ID card that may never arrive.

ATM is only useful for moneytary transaction.. Not a show of identity

With your passport, is a visa to most things locally
Wrong bro. You can't get the new passport without your id. If you don't have, you better go get it.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Ejaisky: 1:34pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:
In Nigeria, it is advisable to obtain Nigeria passport than wasting time in applying for National ID card that may never arrive.

ATM is only useful for moneytary transaction.. Not a show of identity

With your passport, is a visa to most things locally
You need the NIN now to apply for a passport.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by helinues: 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2020
Ejaisky:

You need the NIN now to apply for a passport.

NIN is printed on the slip.. One can make use of that without waiting forever for the card itself to apply for the passport

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ify Aniebo Apologises, Thanks Husband For Paying Debt After Social Media Uproar / Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business / President Buhari's Democracy Day Speech On June 12, 2021 (Full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.