Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? (37067 Views)

NIMC: National ID Card Replacement Costs N5,000 / National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by tofolo(m): 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
International passport also, everyday no booklets...
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by aewhydot: 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
itzprezy:
Applied in 2016..not still ready now

I dey pity U, wetin u want make class of 2014 like us do?

3 Likes

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Richnero(m): 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Tovard(m): 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
Things are not working well in the country to say the truth to ourselves. I have done the registration since 2014 and up till now, i am still using the paper type compare to the voters cards etc.

the government should be blame and if there is a need for us to pay to get the plastic card like the rest of them, they should say openly, I believe that people will complain for a while but they will surely comply with the new rules. we will survive it sha.

God bless Nigeria! God you that is reading my comment right now.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by greatjoshy(m): 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
Ok
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Jaqenhghar: 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:
In Nigeria, it is advisable to obtain Nigeria passport that wasting time in applying for National ID card that may never arrive.

ATM is only useful for moneytary transaction.. No a show of identity

With your passport, is a visa to most things locally
They say without the ID card you cant get the passport so which way ?

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by hakeem4(m): 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
I believe it is incompetence from the side of the government. It does not take up to a day to get the ATM card, why should it now take over 4 years to just make a national ID card

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by omonla10(m): 12:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
national ID should be more complex but going by the naija way.. could just be an ordinary card
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Basilpearck(m): 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
Nigeria governments and excuses are very close, must they make excuses for everything, I have done min since 2017 till now I have not seen the plastic one. I DNT know wat to do again coz am tired of paying Okada every time it's frustrating..
##Basil Pearck##
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by helinues: 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

They say without the ID card you cant get the passport so which way ?

I don't think it's necessary have to be national id.. Any form of identification like school or work Id to apply for passport . Having National Id is a plus
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Akanoaaa(m): 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
I did mine since January 2014, till now nothing nothing. WO, just forget about this country, its messed up already.

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by EzeNdiAra: 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
Migrants jihadists from the Sahelian countries must become citizens of Nigeria.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by toolovely(m): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
Faithoo0:
My question is among these two cards which is more Complex and sensitive?

Do You Blame it on government incompetence or Technology?

It's government's incompetence.
The technology has made it easy for them. Pull data, certificates from the server and store on the card chips which takes less than 3 minutes to do.
In my former place of work, our ID badges were used for all authentications from logging into your systems, to accessing the premises. Certain rights given to individuals were all in the cards and the maximum time to get those cards ready was 3 minutes.

2 Likes

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Godsonkemz(m): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Jaqenhghar: 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:

I don't think it's necessary have to be national id.. Any form of identification like school or work Id to apply for passport . Having National Id is a plus
I see. It is well
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by AreaFada2: 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
Lol. 9ja na connection. I know somebody who got it in two weeks. I think it even came a bit earlier sef. 9ja na button. Just press the right button. But you cannot successfully run a country like that.
Another option is if your bank has an ID card registration center, try there too. Just do the "right" thing there. grin

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by ajebuter(f): 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The ID is being delayed till when it's going to be useful

They need to link all your datas together and link all you banks together
And include your biometrics

And even insert microchip Which you can use at am ATM
You should be getting it before the year runs out

Kabiyesi..

It is already connected to some form of one's identification

My international Passport has my NIMC number on it..

Soon it will be connected to Driver's License, Voter's Card and even BVN

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
Nigeria would embarrass you.
My advice to you is that you should just keep that temporary slip well because the national ID card is in transit.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Jeffy1206(m): 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2020
Applied since 2014 yet still nothing... I have given up on checking undecided

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by NigeriaBam: 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
cry
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Myde4naija(m): 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
youngsahito:
Nigeria is a shit country... simple!!!
stop saying stuff like this it doesn't make any sense.

Stay positive talk positive or shut ur trap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Happyguy201: 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2020
If you had settled them it would have been out in 2 days . In Nigeria if you want something fast you gotta go through the back door . We are such a corrupt country
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by TechSpace02: 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2020
undecided
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Ojycelarma: 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
The last time I was in their office in Ikeja I was told they did not have diesel to power their generator which was on a Monday morning and it’s starting from the Friday before then.
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Realfrankie(m): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
To hell with your fvcking reasons
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by dayolove: 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
Your question is "which one is more complex?, NO doubt the National Identity Card because of the various applets contained in the new National Identity (chip based) card when compared to the previous one that was not a smart card.
The fact is that there are two tokens issued by the NIMC (the agency of Govt responsible for identity management and not just card production) upon successful enrollment.
One is the National Identification Number Slip called the NIN slip. That is the one that you need for every day transaction requiring identification, verification and authentication services. This does not take more than a day to get and sometimes, it is instant once the systems or backend is satisfied that there is no body existing in the system like you where your finger prints, face and all that have been de duplicated. The second token is the National Identity Smart card which contains the chip and other 13 applets (5 of which are activated at the point of collecting the card). This takes time to come out now as the emphasis is to get all registered first into the National Identity Database and issue the cards later.

You will recall that BVN had a card and at some point, stopped issuing cards because the world is going cardless and paperless now but needs a digital form of identity which is the eleven 11 digit number given to you upon successful enrollment. India recently registered over a billion of their citizens into what they call the Adhaar (forgive me if i didnt quite get the spelling) and did not even issue a paper let alone a card. They wrote down the digital number for individuals to go print out because of the huge cost outlay and because they understand that like your BVN it is the number that actually identifies you not the card because the number can be verified instantly online and realtime.

So please with the digital number, even your main National ID card get missing or lost, your identity still remains and not lost as quoting the number alone just like your BVN in banks can instantly verify and identify you. Lets get the digital number which is called the NIN first, after that, card production can come in. One comes first before the other and who knows you may only need the card for financial and other such added value transaction in the coming years.

The NIN is your number. It is what identifies you and what you need to navigate or access government services in the coming months. every individual will have his or her details tied to the NIN.

2 Likes

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by gambia(m): 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2020
Jeffy1206:
Applied since 2014 yet still nothing... I have given up on checking undecided

Same, did mine 2014 too.

2 Likes

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by jossy1luv(f): 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2020
If U need a valid ID get a drivers license, voters card or international passport and forget national identity card. The stress ain’t worth it
Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by panpan(m): 12:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
At present, the Federal Government has no interest in issuing national identity cards. They are only concerned with the registration to ensure that information on all Nigerians is entered into a database. This is probably to satisfy the interests of a foreign government.

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by emanobis(m): 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2020
Dear Cardholder,
your National e-ID Card expires on 29-02-2020. Visit any NIMC Office for renewal @ a fee of N5,000. For more info,call 08157691214 or 08157691071...I thought this card is meant to be free?

2 Likes

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by Brai777(m): 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2020
You must present your NIN to obtain the new passport. Nigeria immigration service will not even treat your passport application/request. I just renew my passport this February 2020

The new passport has NIN field and it is printed just below the passport numbers

helinues:

1 Like

Re: National ID Card: The Reason For The Delay? by yesloaded: 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2020
itzprezy:
Applied in 2016..not still ready now
Applied in 2008 and I even paid for it at local government Secretariat but ,12yrs after my ID card is not here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again / What I Will Do About Retaliatory Xenophobic Attacks In Lagos State – Sanwo-olu / ₦‎1k Challenge: Labour Party Seeks Monetary Donation From The Public (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.