Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV (59452 Views)

Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? / Coronavirus: How Are Your Colleagues & Organizations Adapting To Mask Culture? / Doctor Godwin Maduka Arrives Nigeria For Igbere TV Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by rukell(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
IamDavids:
Egungun be careful na Express you dey go. Masquerade no hear word. E don happen! Motor don jam am.

Buhari has failed us as a president. I tell you, there are more Nigerians with the virus that are undetected.

Take proactive measures, the dumb Fulani man wouldn't and the bunch of useless legislators led by the APC and their non-chalant and lackadaisical approach towards the Sars-Cov2.

You no want get belle, yet you dey fvck raw to raw. Belle don come, you dey fidget.

If only we had the Zimbabwean president, we would not be panicking right now. No incidence of the virus yet he te tagged it a national disaster.

Curse be on the day Buhari was given birth to. Imagine the useless man is yet to make a statement on the Covid-19.

What a country!!
What is this one saying!
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Germi9: 6:53pm On Mar 18, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
This is better clarification
My broda there is no clarification here,how did they know that the woman was rejected from other hospitals where they there?from the pictures they late woman's daughter posted this place was not as tidy as it is now, moreover there were no water container and sanitizers in the vicinity.Again you can see that those medical regalia are new,meaning that they haven't been used before.. hence simple psychology tells me that this is a correctional measure been displayed,this hospital should be well investigated for negligence.. knowing fully well that Nigerians don't take anything seriously until it gets out of hands or it gets to the table of power..look at the way they are rushing to their duty..I weep

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by IamDavids: 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
rukell:
What is this one saying!

If you can't decipher that shit, you problem bitch! I don't know how to help.
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Rocktation(f): 7:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
abbey621:

I've lived in the USA almost half my entire life, I not only have doctors in the family and friends but I've been privileged to work with 5 or more. The thing with abroad is that if you know what you're doing you would have no problems passing the board exam. Payment is done upfront? You mean someone with an emergency gets to fill out paperwork and payment info. before receiving treatment? I don't know which of the abroad you're referring to but most definitely is not USA or UK. The only point you made that is applicable here is that government needs to do more to ensure insurance or free treatment programs are available to those in need.

Back to the matter of a faulty system. In the US, only emergency departments are legally bound to provide such services, which Nigeria cannot always do because her model of financing is mixed and different. All over the world, health bills must be picked up by one way or another, emergencies or not, through different mechanisms involving government, groups, out of pocket for individuals...if we agree that money is needed to continually procure inputs into providing health goods and services. In a system, where citizens pay taxes on a regular, which is a major source of government revenue, why would they have it any other way?
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by abbey621(m): 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
Rocktation:

Back to the matter of a faulty system. In the US, only emergency departments are legally bound to provide such services, which Nigeria cannot always do because her model of financing is mixed and different. All over the world, health bills must be picked up by one way or another, emergencies or not, through different mechanisms involving government, groups, out of pocket for individuals...if we agree that money is needed to continually procure inputs into providing health goods and services. In a system, where citizens pay taxes on a regular, which is a major source of government revenue, why would they have it any other way?

Yes the system is faulty and must be changed but we are talking about doctors here, doctors who signed the oath of do no harm. Let's focus on just emergencies, do they deny treatment or not? If yes then no excuse in the world justifies a person dying or seriously harmed because the doctors waited until payment was made. Excuses can be made for doctors working in clinics or even private doctors but when you work in a government hospital, you are backed by public funds. THERE'S NO DAMN EXCUSE!
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Spiritualizt: 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Imagine advance countries struggling with this Corona virus and we that doesn't have technological know how and what it takes to contain this virus yet our government is playing with it, Nigeria still accept flights from countries that are highly risks at this moment we can only turn to God for protection.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by gotnel: 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
God have mercy on us
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Rocktation(f): 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
abbey621:

Yes the system is faulty and must be changed but we are talking about doctors here, doctors who signed the oath of do no harm. Let's focus on just emergencies, do they deny treatment or not? If yes then no excuse in the world justifies a person dying or seriously harmed because the doctors waited until payment was made. Excuses can be made for doctors working in clinics or even private doctors but when you work in a government hospital, you are backed by public funds. THERE'S NO DAMN EXCUSE!

Okay, any attempt I might have unconsciously made to defend docs that ask for upfront would entirely be for the private clinic owners. I worked for a couple of years with a tertiary hospital and I can tell you we were constantly having problems with patients running away at nights, after receiving treatment. For emergency cases, there was something we called billing to folder and that's what's always done. This act of mercy was even extended sometimes, to regular patients. The hospital is even close to a prison, so the inmates were constantly being rushed to the hospital on alleged emergencies and we were always billing to folders. I can't speak for all the tertiary hospitals, but this one, I can tell for a fact, will likely only ask for card payment if a relative is around, but always commence treatments for accident victims, when no one around is a relative
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by gnykelly(m): 8:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
Rocktation:
I've worked very closely with Nigerian doctors -in Nigeria. And apart from the absence of state of the art medical equipments in our facilities, the most of these doctors aren't as incompetent, as a lot of Nigerians portray them to be. If anything, using the little that is at our disposal, speaks volumes of our proficiency.

I have an opposing opinion to yours...I had a near death experience due to doctor error, I won't say much
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Rocktation(f): 8:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
gnykelly:

I have an opposing opinion to yours...I had a near death experience due to doctor error, I won't say much

Sorry about your experience. But I'm telling you, lots of people have near death experiences abroad as well. Just watch Botched on your dstv self, you would agree with me.
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by abbey621(m): 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
Rocktation:

Okay, any attempt I might have unconsciously made to defend docs that ask for upfront would entirely be for the private clinic owners. I worked for a couple of years with a tertiary hospital and I can tell you we were constantly having problems with patients running away at nights, after receiving treatment. For emergency cases, there was something we called billing to folder and that's what's always done. This act of mercy was even extended sometimes, to regular patients. The hospital is even close to a prison, so the inmates were constantly being rushed to the hospital on alleged emergencies and we were always billing to folders. I can't speak for all the tertiary hospitals, but this one, I can tell for a fact, will likely only ask for card payment if a relative is around, but always commence treatments for accident victims, when no one around is a relative

That's better, I beleive in any sane society balance is key. We must balance humanity with the need to make profit. The biggest responsibility here is the government and in a zoo like Nigeria I have lost all confidence in the government's ability to do the right thing.
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Olulinks(m): 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2020
The problem is the family (daughter) can't fight the government and win.

Brooke60:
Okay. Let us reason together. Your story no add up.

She is 70, she just came back from UK (as old woman, the family can afford to take care of her, fly her out, spent 6 months only to come back and died).

Particularly, this statement ''had hypertension, sugar issues and kidney diseases which were poorly managed'' bla bla bla.

She survived all the 'Poorly managed' disease but died after visiting una hospital?

You guys are not dealing with morons I beg!

We all know the government will lie and even use threat.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Urchmandee(m): 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
This is purely a cooked up story, look at even the pictures above...what facility is that? Looks like repainted old Railway quarters. Let's see the inside of the building and the facilities in place. Na so una go dey politicise everything, even when the fabricator of this story will be testing positive, he will even tell you that Covid 19 is not in Enugu. Make una keep deceiving unaselves

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Dextre(m): 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
9jaBlogger:

http://igberetvnews.com/1344141/coronavirus-facts-70-year-old-woman-wicked-blackmail-daughter-enugu/

Nor b nigeria again...she wan make dem isolate them for duplex ni. Nigerians are entitled set of people. You no even thank God say them accept her,in a country with no emergency response for coronavirus, dem go refer you tire.
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Dextre(m): 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
Litmus:
Just imagine, useless country, not one nation in the world, apart from this shithole, has anyone been admitted to hospital for Covid and died. God why am I Nigerian, whoa is me, wailing is them! angry

You are talking in the nonsense,talking in the thing that does not have sense.. What gabagery is this... Plenty people died on admission in China,Italy..so what are you saying? If naija tire you,trek enta chad republic na
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by gnykelly(m): 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Rocktation:

Sorry about your experience. But I'm telling you, lots of people have near death experiences abroad as well. Just watch Botched on your dstv self, you would agree with me.
OK let me spill it.

doctor treated me for typhoid and malaria when I couldn't gather enough strength he discharged.mom had to suggest he checked my blood...was short of blood had to take few pants of blood...

another case scenario.... my friend cousin was injected the different class of blood he ran mad
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Litmus: 10:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
Dextre:

You are talking in the nonsense,talking in the thing that does not have sense.. What gabagery is this... Plenty people died on admission in China,Italy..so what are you saying? If naija tire you,trek enta chad republic na

Kai, see self deceit. Nobody with Covid taken to hospital in Italy, China, Spain, Uk, Iran, America, France or Irland has died. These nations have excelent health services unlike Nigeria. Only in shithole Nigeria has anyone died in hospital of Covid. And Nigerians are liars, claimimg only three cases of Covid, when Nigeria actually has two and a half million people with Covid. You dont know this becuse Nigeria dose not keep record. Nigeria is Covid Capital.
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by otokx(m): 11:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Most people believe the daughter, you people took sample from a patient according who died before the result came out according to the daughter then you say its negative.

You are now telling us that the American who died in Ekiti has inconclusive result.

Well done shocked
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by TheMostComplex1: 12:18am On Mar 19, 2020
Brooke60:
Okay. Let us reason together. Your story no add up.

She is 70, she just came back from UK (as old woman, the family can afford to take care of her, fly her out, spent 6 months only to come back and died).

Particularly, this statement ''had hypertension, sugar issues and kidney diseases which were poorly managed'' bla bla bla.

She survived all the 'Poorly managed' disease but died after visiting una hospital?

You guys are not dealing with morons I beg!

I feel the Hospital is lieing

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by TheMostComplex1: 12:18am On Mar 19, 2020
otokx:
Most people believe the daughter, you people took sample from a patient according who died before the result came out according to the daughter then you say its negative.

You are now telling us that the American who died in Ekiti has inconclusive result.

Well done shocked

I believe her too
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by naijaman2225(m): 3:27am On Mar 19, 2020
LIES, DAMN LIES AND PROPAGANDA BY ESUT.
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by purefacti(m): 4:13am On Mar 19, 2020
baba God na ur hands we dey o
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by NWANICHODE: 6:59am On Mar 19, 2020
The woman may not have received proper care in the UK. Most people in UK still call Nigerian doctors on phone to help prescribe medications that they could get secretely since they cannot afford to pay for healthcare services over there. It was clearly stated from the initial story that the elderly woman had other medical complications which were poorly managed. A 70 year old woman that is both hypertensive and diabetic with renal complications will not have returned to Nigeria if she had access to health care in UK.
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:22am On Mar 19, 2020
This is the isolation centre. Compare with the pics on fp

Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 19, 2020
christopher123:
adadike(f), owobokiri(m), Kdon2(m), adadike281(f), humilitypays(m), lalasticlala(m), Seun(m), chimauga(m), Gamesmart, lezz(m), iyenimofe(m), asadike(f), Tequilah, BrosPeter, BishopMagic, malvisguy212, MrSegunAdewole, Ngodigha1(m), EgunMogaji, OperationIgrigi, Whynotthetruth(m), SeverusSnape(m), GenBuhari(m), EcoTerror, chronique(m), agabaI23(m), texaco1, onatisi(m), Bayswater, PhockPhockMan, Yujin(m), Kenai, ceo4eva, LeOstrich, Shugamania(f), MudRaker, Truckpusher(m), stalyf(m), aljharem(m), Wildrage, zlatansomto(m), nigerianvenom(m), Idrismusty97(m), idumuose(m), xp17(m), ikengawo, Koolking(m), FrankC3, Blue3k2 NIGHTMAREOO7 ngokafor ngozi123,GloriaNinja, amarabae, Sexyjuly, lefulefu, Shinarlaura Olasaad MissJoy29 cococandy Shortyy Susanovy Royalty28 SURElee SURYSuri Malawian Adesqr pazienza(m), Ikechu10, abouzaid, Igboid BlackPikiN POINTB SouthEastFacts, hornyofife, IgboAmakaa(f), Nonaira1, safarigirl(f), investnow2013, kcnwaigbo, globe16, drss2(m), Igboid, vickjoeobi(m), 12Monkeys, AmericanQuarter, Obi1kenobi(m), safareegurl, Adikam(m), BannedBishop, mysticgal(f), VulgarVulvas, MagicBishop, adorablepepple(f), ArodewilliamsT, PPAngel(f), amtaken(f), vayne(m), betterABIAstate, ceejay80s(m), Xiadnat, Etruth, tochukwuifeduba, Rose2014, Ofodirinwa, bigfrancis21(m), carnegiefan, igbobuigbo, Happiness87(f), AnambraDota, melzabull(f), EasternLion, (m), FKO81(m), osisi2(f), Emekamex(m), Ezenwammadu(m), nonaira, IsraeliAIRFORCE, BabaOneChance, cherryice(f), OperationIgrigi, SeverusSnape(m), AndreUweh(m), Daninya11(m), biafranqueen, AdoIfHitler, lawyer(m), PapiWata, jasper7(m), explorer250(m), jennyomalicha12(f), Kenai, Redoil, ceo4eva, OreMI22, Collynzo9, noblezone(m), joseph1013, Atouke, Ihuomadinihu, Pakingzzz(m), new2020, Deltagiant, christopher123(m), backtosender, oneeast, thegoodjoehunt3(m), zlatansomto(m), chinasaekperem, Freewilly(f), jbaur24, shizzle11(m), omongbatic, iiichidodo, Crayola1, BishopMagic, AkinEgba, chino24, oluwasegunfummi, customized13, maestroferddi, ACM10, PointB, QueenRAW(f), EasternLeopard, PhockPhockMan, tonychristopher, atlwireles, customized07, Kponkwem(m), Ramnon2, pazienza(m), aryzgreat, gbosaa(m), rozayx5(m), babymama3, chinolization, texanomaly(f), yuzedo, Curlieweed, Afam4eva(m), GenBuhari(m), Germannig, Justcash(m), Okeikpu(m), OneNaira6, gratiaeo(m), awodman, thegoodjoehunt(m), Abagworo(m), owobokiri(m), englishmart(m), ujoinme, Bliss4Lyfe(f), Faun(m), Francis5, tomakint, SamMilla1(m), obayaya(m), collynzo2(m), odumchi, Ngwakwe, kettykin, Adelaide2, IGBOSON1, ZUBY77(m), Ejine(m), Billyonaire, ALTRUTH(m), manny4life(m), Ramon2, RichyBlacK(m), fayahsoul, Theblessed(f), ChrisOD, marutimon, Sunnybobo3(m), quid(m), Rossikk(m), ikengawo, PapaBrowne(m), Kobojunkie, Duru1(m), FSU, Eziachi, Onlytruth(m), Semira22(f), Obiagu1(m), spyder880(m), DerideGull(m), Feedmemore(f), aminho(m), ijawgirl, ifyalways(f), Dede1(m), nanidee(f), ezeagu(m), igboboy1(m), maxsiollun, LordNaya, SamIkenna, PhysicsQED(m), flow1759, MaziOmenuko, adabeke12(f), achi4u(m), manchy7531, mimifonwon(f), HStar89(f), igbo2011(m), oruexpress ,

adadike(f), owobokiri(m), Kdon2(m), adadike281(f), humilitypays(m), lalasticlala(m), Seun(m), chimauga(m), Gamesmart, lezz(m), iyenimofe(m), asadike(f), Tequilah, BrosPeter, BishopMagic, malvisguy212, MrSegunAdewole, Ngodigha1(m), EgunMogaji, OperationIgrigi, Whynotthetruth(m), SeverusSnape(m), GenBuhari(m), EcoTerror, chronique(m), agabaI23(m), texaco1, onatisi(m), Bayswater, PhockPhockMan, Yujin(m), Kenai, ceo4eva, LeOstrich, Shugamania(f), MudRaker, Truckpusher(m), stalyf(m), aljharem(m), Wildrage, zlatansomto(m), nigerianvenom(m), Idrismusty97(m), idumuose(m), xp17(m), ikengawo, Koolking(m), FrankC3, Blue3k2 NIGHTMAREOO7 ngokafor ngozi123,GloriaNinja, amarabae, Sexyjuly, lefulefu, Shinarlaura Olasaad MissJoy29 cococandy Shortyy Susanovy Royalty28 SURElee SURYSuri Malawian Adesqr pazienza(m), Ikechu10, abouzaid, Igboid BlackPikiN POINTB SouthEastFacts, hornyofife, IgboAmakaa(f), Nonaira1, safarigirl(f), investnow2013, kcnwaigbo, globe16, drss2(m), Igboid, vickjoeobi(m), 12Monkeys, AmericanQuarter, Obi1kenobi(m), safareegurl, Adikam(m), BannedBishop, mysticgal(f), VulgarVulvas, MagicBishop, adorablepepple(f), ArodewilliamsT, PPAngel(f), amtaken(f), vayne(m), betterABIAstate, ceejay80s(m), Xiadnat, Etruth, tochukwuifeduba, Rose2014, Ofodirinwa, bigfrancis21(m), carnegiefan, igbobuigbo, Happiness87(f), AnambraDota, melzabull(f), EasternLion, (m), FKO81(m), osisi2(f), Emekamex(m), Ezenwammadu(m), nonaira, IsraeliAIRFORCE, BabaOneChance, cherryice(f), OperationIgrigi, SeverusSnape(m), AndreUweh(m), Daninya11(m), biafranqueen, AdoIfHitler, lawyer(m), PapiWata, jasper7(m), explorer250(m), jennyomalicha12(f), Kenai, Redoil, ceo4eva, OreMI22, Collynzo9, noblezone(m), joseph1013, Atouke, Ihuomadinihu, Pakingzzz(m), new2020, Deltagiant, christopher123(m), backtosender, oneeast, thegoodjoehunt3(m), zlatansomto(m), chinasaekperem, Freewilly(f), jbaur24, shizzle11(m), omongbatic, iiichidodo, Crayola1, BishopMagic, AkinEgba, chino24, oluwasegunfummi, customized13, maestroferddi, ACM10, PointB, QueenRAW(f), EasternLeopard, PhockPhockMan, tonychristopher, atlwireles, customized07, Kponkwem(m), Ramnon2, pazienza(m), aryzgreat, gbosaa(m), rozayx5(m), babymama3, chinolization, texanomaly(f), yuzedo, Curlieweed, Afam4eva(m), GenBuhari(m), Germannig, Justcash(m), Okeikpu(m), OneNaira6, gratiaeo(m), awodman, thegoodjoehunt(m), Abagworo(m), owobokiri(m), englishmart(m), ujoinme, Bliss4Lyfe(f), Faun(m), Francis5, tomakint, SamMilla1(m), obayaya(m), collynzo2(m), odumchi, Ngwakwe, kettykin, Adelaide2, IGBOSON1, ZUBY77(m), Ejine(m), Billyonaire, ALTRUTH(m), manny4life(m), Ramon2, RichyBlacK(m), fayahsoul, Theblessed(f), ChrisOD, marutimon, Sunnybobo3(m), quid(m), Rossikk(m), ikengawo, PapaBrowne(m), Kobojunkie, Duru1(m), FSU, Eziachi, Onlytruth(m), Semira22(f), Obiagu1(m), spyder880(m), DerideGull(m), Feedmemore(f), aminho(m), ijawgirl, ifyalways(f), Dede1(m), nanidee(f), ezeagu(m), igboboy1(m), maxsiollun, LordNaya, SamIkenna, PhysicsQED(m), flow1759, MaziOmenuko, adabeke12(f), achi4u(m), manchy7531, mimifonwon(f), HStar89(f), igbo2011(m)
Are you sure you are OK?
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 19, 2020
VIPERVENOM:
This is the isolation centre. Compare with the pics on fp
Chaiyeee.
Re: Coronavirus: How The Suspected Patient In Enugu ‘Died’ — Igbere TV by obontami: 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2020
Nobody is reading that long shitt!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Man Looses All His Limbs After Getting Licked By A Dog. Photos / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.