Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers (57752 Views)

NNPC Petrol Price Without Subsidy Is ₦‎400/Litre – Marketers / Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis / Failed Governor Can’t Sell Failed Candidate To Us – PDP Tells Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by meum: 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
Can someone tell these marketers that it's business. If the pump price were to be increased they wouldn't have had "old stock". They would have converted/rebranded old stock as new stock.
Now that the pump price has been reduced, they should kindly rebrand old stock as new stock to reflect the new pump price. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Xano(m): 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
Interesting. There would always be a 'curve ball' these petrol marketers will throw. FG needs to enforce it with DPR task force.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by sapientia(m): 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
TylerDurden:

sharap zombie.

NNPC never removed subsidy. They only made accommodations for the naira's devaluation from 197 to 360.

Buhari is still paying subsidy which they are calling ''under recovery''.

And FYI, NNPC is claiming that they are supplying 50 million litres per day.

This has seen the subsidy payment well over a trillion naira annually despite the fact that Nigerians can barely afford to fill their tanks.

The level of wicked and heartless looting and corruption going on in this govt is mind-boggling.

Only NNPC now imports fuel as most marketers can not afford to import owing to Federal govt policy on refusing them access to forex.

All marketers now buy from NNPC.

The NNPC then inflates the amount it sells to marketers and from there loot double in the form of increased subsidy payments to themselves and reconciling sale of non-existing fuel.

shocked

Kindly throw more light on this please.

This is very terrible.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by TylerDurden: 3:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
sapientia:

shocked

Kindly throw more light on this please.

This is very terrible.
TylerDurden:

NNPC gets FOREX rebates from CBN to import fuel or in some instances swaps crude for refined petroleum products.

The marketers do not have this leverage.

This has led to the situation that only NNPC imports fuel which they supply to the marketers.

NNPC also claimed they are subsiding fuel imports to maintain the pump price of 143per liter

They call this under recovery and it is entered as an operational cost or loss in supplying fuel.

Rather than use the fall in oil price to recover from their losses, NNPC is now reducing fuel cost to continue the subsidy arrangement which stands at well over a trillion naira annually.

This is why independent marketers can not import and sell at 125 naira proposed slash.

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by foolbuster: 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
Ausrichie:
Look at these selfish, greedy and self centred ingrates. Nigerians are part of our problem.

But they have a point. If you are a marketer and you bought a truck @145 yesterday and the next morning FG gives an order to sell for 125 will you sell?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by kenzo25(m): 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
This are the markers that when they increase pump price they immediately increase , did government collect gain from the old stocks. Useless people

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by lograr(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
ursullalinda:

Yes

Hope you read the first paragraph of the article

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Peacecoy19: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2020
Olunmercy56:
I knew it, awon ole undecided undecided if the government increase the price, they too will immediately increase their prices too lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
O yes they will not wait for their old stocks to finish.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by egorov(m): 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2020
Okoroawusa:

It must be an NNPC station

I also bought at 125 and not at nnpc. These ones don't know what they are saying.

Manu stations selling 125 already in ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Lanruze: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2020
Now we know our true enemies...

Not the Nigerian State but the selfish and greedy marketers.. People who kidnapped Okonjo Iweala's mother as per greed.

Let everybody buy from only NNPC pls and leave them with their miserable ways.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Gaso6ix: 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
Silly
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by ofiko123(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
Things have gotten worse in this country called Nigeria I still remember those days when 1 litre of petrol was sold for 65 naira..May God help us in this country called Nigeria..
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by FastestGirl: 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2020
kelvincoll:
I saw it coming though.

If it were an upward review in prices, would you selfish marketers have retailed at the current price? u would have adjusted immediately.
ofcourse,no one goes into business with loss in mind... Economics
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by dadebayo1(m): 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
Reason i love SAo... They are selling at #125 per litre already
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by TylerDurden: 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
Lanruze:
Now we know our true enemies...

Not the Nigerian State but the selfish and greedy marketers.. People who kidnapped Okonjo Iweala's mother as per greed.

Let everybody buy from only NNPC pls and leave them with their miserable ways.
[/s]
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by tonee45: 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
Islie:

https://punchng.com/why-we-cant-sell-petrol-at-125-litre-marketers/

I bought fuel today at N125/liter, I think some are selling at dat price and other are not.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Akpuoru: 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
A A Rano along Owerri - Ogbaku road selling @ #125
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by holyboss1: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2020
Okoroawusa:

It must be an NNPC station
SAO in Ibadan is selling at 125/L since yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by gouken2: 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2020
Old stock and Versus New stock issue. If u know, u know.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
ursullalinda:
I bought #125 today oh... wonder where these ones are speaking from......I stay in Lagos too.
Exactly...same here. They are probably trying to maximise profit

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by InvertedHammer: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
/
The essence of enterprise is to make profit. Current price is profitable. Upward review is profitable. Downward review is a loss which goes against the tenet of a business. FG should bear the cost of the arbitrary downward review of PMS. All of you would do the same thing.

\
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by thundafire: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
Government without respect
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Omohorba(m): 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2020
The problem we have in Nigeria is the people in it called Nigerians, I am sure if the price of PMS sky rocket today all this people talking nonsense will start selling the high price immediately. I give up on this country already.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2020
foolbuster:

But they have a point. If you are a marketer and you bought a truck @145 yesterday and the next morning FG gives an order to sell for 125 will you sell?
Yes. It might be a loss but I think about others too, you might not do this but that is the way I am.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by blowjohn(m): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
U see why we r Nigerians?
Imagine!
After making millions of naira in profit ur telling us u cant sell at this lower price!
Greedy people everywhere
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by myrum(m): 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2020
Selfish marketers.

We offer I.T Training at your preferred schedule time anywhere at your comfort and PACE
What we offer
i. Excel : Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employ-ability portfolio. We deep dive
from beginners to intermediate and advanced level.
ii. Wordpress : Build a full live e-commerce/Website of your choice using your preferred domain name with Zero or no knowledge in coding.
Everything you need to become a hirable WordPress Developer building custom themes and plugins.
iii. Microsoft Power Bi : Power BI is quickly gaining popularity among professionals in data science as a cloud-based service that helps them
easily visualize and share insights from their organizations' data. learn how to build professional intelligence report using this tool.
iv. Web Development: learn to build responsive website using html5, css 3 and bootstrap4.

We also offer training for companies and business operations..This programs is also available for kids
for more enquiries call or whatsApp 07012051460 , 08113479002
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Share (Un-Share)
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by miqos02(m): 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
Flyingngel:
An average Nigerian is greedy; always making things difficult for his or her fellow country men.
mannis naturally greedy. Nigeria is not different
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by bluecircle470: 3:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
tiredoflife:

No he is not
His point is valid
Will u pay him

You’re also mad

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Akaujaa(m): 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2020
But if it was an increment, they'll quickly adjust their meter, selling their old stock at the new price. Nigerians are greedy.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Dorebi(m): 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2020
If it were to be an increment, would u have come up to say this nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks Army Bodyguards From Aso Rock / Soludo's Son, Ozonna Disassociates Himself From Soludo's Letter To Peter Obi / Bianca Ojukwu Stuns At Soludo’s 2nd Anniversary And Slap Saga Event (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.