Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,430 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers (57762 Views)

NNPC Petrol Price Without Subsidy Is ₦‎400/Litre – Marketers / Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis / Failed Governor Can’t Sell Failed Candidate To Us – PDP Tells Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
PHijo:

Read this article; at least this NdiIgbo man is better informed on this issue than you are.

I wonder why you will spew trash on something you know nothing about.

https://saharareporters.com/2019/06/11/billions-naira-meant-petrol-price-equalisation-unaccounted

Alright.

Seems you really spoiling for a fight or that you just been angry.

Well you know the right people to blame.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Odunayobalogun: 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2020
Ode ni awon people sha.... but if it is increment you do that sharply, but now it your turn to vomit those gain you've swallowed you give nosense _ no-sense excuse. Stupid people like PHCN
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by enshi(m): 11:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
Olunmercy56:

Amen and you too

Ah ah.. The prayers were not meant for you na
Why are you stealing prayers
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by moonbender(m): 11:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
ursullalinda:
I bought #125 today oh... wonder where these ones are speaking from......I stay in Lagos too.

Mobil is selling for #143

I stay in Lagos
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by loswhite(m): 11:34pm On Mar 20, 2020
TylerDurden:

Marketers get forex outside CBN rates.

Marketers then have to compete with NNPC which imports fuel with govt rebates at lower FOREX rates.

How do you expect them to sell at the same price when NNPC is even claiming to be selling at a loss and are declaring meeting the downstream sector demand as ''under recovery''

Make una get sense.
You try get sense... The only company allowed to import fuel presently us NNPC.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by loswhite(m): 11:39pm On Mar 20, 2020
TylerDurden:

NNPC gets FOREX rebates from CBN to import fuel or in some instances swaps crude for refined petroleum products.

The marketers do not have this leverage.

This has led to the situation that only NNPC imports fuel which they supply to the marketers.

NNPC also claimed they are subsiding fuel imports to maintain the pump price of 143per liter

They call this under recovery and it is entered as an operational cost or loss in supplying fuel.

Rather than use the fall in oil price to recover from their losses, NNPC is now reducing fuel cost to continue the subsidy arrangement which stands at well over a trillion naira annually.

This is why independent marketers can not import and sell at 125 naira proposed slash.

Who is asking independent marketers to import and sell at 125? Why are you acting as if you don't know that most of the independent marketers exploited the subsidy regime under previous Government? Independent marketers are not allowed to import fuel presently

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by loswhite(m): 11:43pm On Mar 20, 2020
foolbuster:

But they have a point. If you are a marketer and you bought a truck @145 yesterday and the next morning FG gives an order to sell for 125 will you sell?
When they increase the fuel price the last time did you type this nonsense question.... foolish citizens
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by petuniaevents(f): 11:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
They should help Nigerians out by adjusting prices pls what about kenyan landlords and ladies that were mandated by their government not to collect rents from their tenants for the next few months just to reduce the stress on their citizens.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by PropertyBuying(f): 12:01am On Mar 21, 2020
Flyingngel:
An average Nigerian is greedy; always making things difficult for his or her fellow country men.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by leokid866: 12:29am On Mar 21, 2020
stormborn28:
which loss again when the selling price at deport has reduced
That doesn't affect what they already have in Stock and paid for or have in terms of purchase order.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by leokid866: 12:32am On Mar 21, 2020
Euegene100001:
Hope u saw were I wrote if were to increase
If it were to increase we are still talking profit, of course they would increase it, won't you do the same? Or you will claim child of God and same I am not doing Geng Geng....
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by bewla(m): 3:32am On Mar 21, 2020
bluecircle470:
You're mad
We re people
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by bluecircle470: 5:54am On Mar 21, 2020
tiredoflife:

Why are u spitting about
Do u have the kung flu grin grin

You mean the Chinese flu?
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Caregiver053: 6:43am On Mar 21, 2020
Bovas is already selling at #125
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Olunmercy56(f): 7:04am On Mar 21, 2020
enshi:

Ah ah.. The prayers were not meant for you na
Why are you stealing prayers

Ask Google
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by PopsiAde: 7:33am On Mar 21, 2020
This is absolutely preposterous. They are trying to test the will of Govt. If we have a government that knows what they are doing, this is how we will know.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by foolbuster: 8:08am On Mar 21, 2020
loswhite:
When they increase the fuel price the last time did you type this nonsense question.... foolish citizens

Typical Nigerian. Extremely self-centred and mean. All you want is to buy cheap fuel even if the seller is selling at a loss as long as it does not concern you. And if you try to make them see reason then you be mumu. Sefish bastard! angry No wonder una leaders dey deal with una. As If you will sell at a loss if it were you. bloody Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Euegene100001: 8:09am On Mar 21, 2020
Go to hell
leokid866:

If it were to increase we are still talking profit, of course they would increase it, won't you do the same? Or you will claim child of God and same I am not doing Geng Geng....
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Ruby5: 8:09am On Mar 21, 2020
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by enshi(m): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2020
Olunmercy56:

Ask Google

All these dudes using female monickers .. We be like say Una dey think from Una nose
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by senator3636(m): 8:42am On Mar 21, 2020
Useless marketers, but, you can sell when the price increases!
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by leokid866: 8:45am On Mar 21, 2020
Euegene100001:
Go to hell
I heard they are looking for more fuel to really light up the special place they are keeping for you, now that petrol is cheaper they can even by more, hold while I call up my contacts.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by TylerDurden: 8:53am On Mar 21, 2020
destinie2019:

They think they are smart. With international crude oil prices dropping to 24 dollars a barrel, they may be forced to replace the trillions they have stolen, or risk an outright collapse of the economy. At present, the excess crude account has been depleted to less than 70 million dollars. Effectively, zero. The national pension fund was "borrowed" for the massive infrastructure development that is invisible because of its sheer massiveness. The sacred cow at NHIS decimated the health insurance sinking fund, all while shouting "PDP destroyed the economy."
Locusts.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by loswhite(m): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2020
foolbuster:

Typical Nigerian. Extremely self-centred and mean. All you want is to buy cheap fuel even if the seller is selling at a loss as long as it does not concern you. And if you try to make them see reason then you be mumu. Sefish bastard! angry No wonder una leaders dey deal with una. As If you will sell at a loss if it were you. bloody Hypocrite.
Did you answer the question?
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by foolbuster: 9:45am On Mar 21, 2020
loswhite:
Did you answer the question?

It is rhetorical.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Okoroawusa: 9:52am On Mar 21, 2020
egorov:

I also bought at 125 and not at nnpc. These ones don't know what they are saying.

Manu stations selling 125 already in ibadan.
Ok...I have only seen one station that has adjusted their price
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by loswhite(m): 11:57am On Mar 21, 2020
foolbuster:

It is rhetorical.
it is always difficult for foolish ppl to answer simple question
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Ghokes(m): 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2020
kelvincoll:
I saw it coming though.

If it were an upward review in prices, would you selfish marketers have retailed at the current price? u would have adjusted immediately.

That is a Nigerian for you
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by foolbuster: 1:07pm On Mar 21, 2020
loswhite:
it is always difficult for foolish ppl to answer simple question

It is always foolish people that are quick to call others foolish.
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by tiredoflife(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2020
bluecircle470:

You mean the Chinese flu?

Yes
Re: Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers by Eazymanh(m): 12:36am On Mar 22, 2020
we are not helping the situation in nigeria,rather we make things more difficult for our self.

black people with black stuff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soludo's Son, Ozonna Disassociates Himself From Soludo's Letter To Peter Obi / Maduafokwa Olisakwe: "PDP Should Find My ₦26 Million" - Anambra Guber Aspirant / Tinubu Makes Peace With Former Political Foes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.